I JUMP FROM EVERY ROOFTOP

I JUMP FROM EVERY ROOFTOP
Daily reminded this is NIN's best album

Attached: Nine_Inch_Nails_-_The_Slip.png (300x300, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RbnN6QmdrH4
youtube.com/watch?v=kw49JbrO-rc
youtu.be/l6vvXtBI_Pg
youtube.com/watch?v=MeoyOIRIeHs
youtube.com/watch?v=sZ4gpR579Ys
youtube.com/watch?v=cvyywDE67tY
youtube.com/watch?v=yeqjz5mXrLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4Ab1O-i4ep4
youtube.com/watch?v=zuntkgvD5KU
theninhotline.com/meatpers/html/mp050330.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=TFlKrV_mA40
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

SO HIGH SO FAR TO FALL

I FEEL A MILLION MILES AWAY

Wish other NIN albums had this raw feel to it, it's almost Punk Rock at parts.

NTAE comes kind of close.

It is the worst. Even Trent admits it.

When did he say it.
He openly dissed Hesitation Marks so he probably thinks that one is the worst.

>LOOK, WHEN I THINK BACK TO THE LAST PROPER ALBUM, HESITATION MARKS, I DON’T REALLY KNOW WHO THAT GUY IS. LIKE, MY HEAD ISN’T THERE ANYMORE. AND IT WASN’T THAT LONG AGO. WE WERE JUST INTO SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT. I’M MAKING SET LISTS FOR SHOWS COMING UP AND THERE’S VERY LITTLE ON THERE FROM THAT ALBUM BECAUSE I DON’T FEEL IT RIGHT NOW. WHEREAS, I WAS REALLY DOWN ON WITH TEETH FOR A LONG TIME BUT NOW, FOR WHATEVER REASON, IT SOUNDS GOOD TO ME. NOT THAT I LISTEN TO IT THAT MUCH BUT IT POPPED ON THE OTHER DAY AND I THOUGHT, FUCK, I FORGOT I EVEN WROTE THAT SONG.
Hesitation Marks FUCKING SUCKS confirmed

Holy based, HM turned me off NIN for a very long time. I'm actually kinda pissed I got so buttmad about it, cause I didn't go to their live show which turned out to have like one HM song and got raving reviews.

Yeah, I understand, clearly Trent has some regrets about that album, I remember him saying at calling Everything an "irritant"

the only bad song on this album is letting you. and it isn't even that bad it's just too soft imo. this was a great album, and i love that this is free along with some of the post year zero stuff

Hesitation Marks is a great album, only incels who like muh edgy nin hate it. It's a nice change of pace and a really good synthpop album.
The Slip is amazing though, easily one of his best albums (and he released it for free).

And this is the best definitive version of 1,000,000
youtu.be/RbnN6QmdrH4

HM is literally the edgiest teen angst album since TDS

I still listen to HM every once in a while, front to back because it really is a fun listening experience desu. but i'm a huge, huge NIN and TR fan, i even planned to get an art is resistance tattoo a few years ago, so i'm kinda biased

youtube.com/watch?v=kw49JbrO-rc
wow so edgy, I could really shoot up a school to this song

>oneohtrix point never helped in the production for this song
that remix is so good too.
youtu.be/l6vvXtBI_Pg

Letting You is the heaviest song on there

>admitted to be a "sequel" to TDS
>name is a fucking reference to a symptom of suicide/self harm victims
>almost every song is about "I'm so depressed and nothing has any meaning"
Yeah not edgy at all

With Teeth, The Slip, NTAE are all far edgier and darker angst

>album still sounds catchy and fun and not heavy at all
I guess Trent's a hack then.

idk i just don't really feel it? i mean
>demon seed
>1,000,000
>the 4 of us are dying
>discipline (what a fucking banger along with demon seed desu)
>the virgin Letting You

True, WT is pretty edgy. The Slip I would put in the same category, except the music is harder.

What does lyrical dissonance have to do with the fact that the album was literally meant to be edgy? It's all about Reznor struggling with his suicidal thoughts and depression again. You can make edgy music or music about heavy subjects that sounds catchy, user. But okay. I'll admit WT was more edgy. Still.

TDS is also catchy and fun, just listen to Heresy. Hesitation Marks just lacks distortion

Slip has literally Trent declaring he'll blow his fucking brains out, nothing on Hesitation Marks even comes close

Weren't there similar remarks on HM too? If not, fair point. I still stand by the fact that its still an edgy album, unless by edgy people only mean distorted, fast and yelling.

Copy Of A has a "finger on a trigger" but it isn't as obvious what he could actually mean by that
Still, Slip also has Head Down which is really desperate sounding
With Teeth is indeed far edgier than people realize, really heavy and angry too

Hesitation Marks is as edgy as Pretty Hate Machine

So like only half-way as edgy as The Downward Spiral

So what's the edgiest NIN album?

Edgy NIN rating
Broken > Spiral > Not The Actual Events > Bad Witch > The Fragile > With_Teeth > The Slip > Year Zero > Pretty Hate Machine > Hesitation Marks > Still

TDS, there's just no arguing against that. However it's also the best so...
If you count the music videos though Broken wins

I think Broken wins over Spiral in terms of edge due to its intentions and message, Spiral is a concept album where the edge has a consquence and has some type of message behind it.
Broken is just punch to the face because Trent's label fucked him over, that's it.

How is The Fragile more edgy than WT or Slip? It's just Trent being sad.

Well, maybe, I don't know, I was thinking about it.
It still has Wretched and Somewhat Damaged,, Starfuckers, but, I guess it doesn't really work that much

SUCK

HOW DOES IT FEEL

So, is Trent gonna release new non-ost music any time soon? Anybody following the news

Mariqueen teased HTDA a little bit.

Isn't somewhat damaged just him depressed about mourning his dead grandmother, like on TDTWWA?

I think Somewhat Damaged is just about Trent's mental state going to hell in general, but, that is an interesting way to look at it as well.

Yeah, I mean, if I understood it, the death was just the last straw for his already fucked up mental state. I feel like "Thought he lost everything, then he lost a whole lot more" is also referring to that whole thing of just being fucked up already and life still kicking you down anyway.

I DON'T FEEL ANYTHING AT ALL

broken loses a point for cribbing most of its sound from ministry (but i don't personally think that's a bad thing). and the two covers at the end are both 11/10

That reminds me of the lyric from "I'm Looking Forward.." which is specifically about his grandmother as well;
>Thought he lost everything
>then he lost a whole lot more

I DONT FEEL ANYTHING AT ALL

Not really and objectively wrong. HM is clean in terms of production, but the songwritting is still solid.
>B-BUT TRONT HATES THE ALBUM!!! THEREFORE BAD!!!
Not an argument.

It does have dark and depressing lyricism, but I would not call it edgy, it is just lonely and sad album, anxious.

NTAE is exquisite.

it keeps growing
i can feel it breathe

>1111
Fucking based, confirmed for NTAE being exquisite. It's my favorite thing Trent has ever done, may high praise for some people, but it's just incredible from beginning to end.

Demon Seed is one of his best songs.

It's also what he puts in her every night

Attached: 107351547.oGN1tGfv.MARIQUEENMAANDIG0813.jpg (535x800, 112K)

did i dream or will trent turn the EP trilogy into a full album eventually?

Trent said he was considering it, probably dropped the idea.

>only incels who like muh edgy nin hate it
Are you saying you don't like "muh edgy" NIN? Because I mean that's the vast majority of the discography, including on Hesitation Marks. It's literally fucking called "Hesitation Marks".

How can you listen to this shit? Pleb. Go listen to tool instead.

Based, edgy music is great.

the last savage NIN record

savage? As in aggressive? Dude, what about NTAE and Bad Witch?

His head was deep inside his lady's essential joy when he made HM

and who can blame him?

a tight collection of some great tracks, but they sound kinda weightless and flat compared to the rehearsal/live versions

I don't like overtly edgy music. Hesitation Marks has edgy overtones in the lyrics, but the album sounds warm and calm. And for example Everything is probably the least edgy song ever. It's very different than "dude suicide lmao" the album

I think they sound just as great on the studio, I really miss that fuzz and distortion from rehersals, it mostly lacks that, the rehearsals turn these songs mostly into more of an Alt.Rock, the studio album is nosier and somehow, feels rawer to me.
One thing that rehearsals have is that Trent screams more, but I am not sure if that is necessarily an improvement.

Letting You is such a great fucking song

I get what you mean, I just simply enjoying the rehearsals more.

that sad, I really like the second half of the record, especially Demon Seed, and I couldn't see how they could be improved in any way

Attached: tront2.png (431x431, 130K)

Yeah, I get you, the rehearsals oddly enough sound more refined, it's really weird. I guess that just goes to show you how amazing of a live act NIN is.

underrated

I remember hearing stories about the guy who made this; apparently, some redditor told him that after he finishes this he'll be able to get in touch with Trent Reznor, which obviously never happened and he got all depressed, pretty funny.

Bro the fucking title of HM is telling. The album is a fucking hesitation mark, its not NIN, he knew it while he was making it. Re-title it "How To
Destroy Cred"

I mean I'll always love NIN, Rez is cool. But I still call 'em like I see 'em. He does too.

I love how guitar focused this album is. And how distorted that guitar tone is, it's fucking great.
This is in my eyes is the true Broken 2, NTAE is great, but this feels far better put together.
He called the album Hesitation Marks because that term is for suicidal wounds.

it's called Hesitation Marks because it was the comeback album after five years of him retiring NIN, and at one point it seemed like it would be "dead" forever

Hesitation Marks was not a comeback album, Trent made it clear that NIN itself wasn't ending but NIN as a live entity did, he said NIN itself was taking a break.

he said he wasn't sure about it either way, and NIN "might" create new material in the future, but no more live band.

it was absolutely a comeback album.

The Four of Us Are Dying is literally one of the best NIN's instrumentals ever, Bad Witch can go and fuck itself.

>when that bassline kicks in
hypnotic af

Attached: 1464474207988.gif (426x240, 367K)

>that transition to Demon Seed
why the fuck does this album feel so complete and good when Trent made it so quickly, what the fuck.

Attached: a4e.png (365x243, 80K)

>Demon Seed intro
>"too doo dee deee dun dundunnnn" starts playing

Attached: comf.png (195x188, 40K)

Go listen to the last tour recordings, he made it explicitly clear NIN is not ending. The initial announcement was vague and seemed like he's ending it, but by the time the European leg was finished and the last few New York shows were going on, he made it clear they will be back at least in studio form.

yeah, I guess we did get the Tetsuo theme and a U2 cover... but boy, it did feel like NIN was as good as dead for the better part of those four years

I still feel like NTAE was the true return of Nine Inch Nails, Hesitation Marks isn't bad, but it doesn't feel like a NIN album to me.

I'm one of the biggest HMfags you'll ever meet, and don't share that feel, but totally see where you're coming from

no

Came Back Haunted is the only real standout from HM for me, besides Everything which stands out for the wrong reasons.

Because he was free of his label obligations, probably. I'm amazed labels don't demand ownership of the band name as well.

Still, writting this entire amazing album in a just few months is just really impressive, it's my personal favorite NIN album, which says a lot.
That one's pretty great, yeah, I don't think HM is bad, it just feels far too much like HTDA's welcome oblivion. NIN does need more rock and aggression, it is an important part of it.
Every other release has it expect for Marks
Even Ghosts has it.
Still is the exception to the rule I guess,

WOO OO HOO HOO HOOO

I miss meathead.

Meathead was a godsend during the long-ass dry spell post-Fragile. I remember Trent saying he'd miss his stuff when he finally decided to hang it up.

>the virgin Letting You
Kek

The tour for this was sick

fucking kys, Letting You is the best song

I actually enjoy Everything, if only because it's one of the few rock moments on HM.
More arena rockers from NIN, please. Ideally closer to The Idea of You or Getting Smaller than Everything.

While I'm Still Here's ending is sick though. Fuckin sax outta nowhere

>the playful riff on Discipline
how can he make the gayest genres (2000s garage revival) sound so good

Yeah, that chorus is massive and I am getting some Getting Smaller vibes out of it.
Honestly, I'd like more songs like Burning Bright instead, that was really unique and NIN pulled it off amazingly

but Everything is only good because it's a semi deconstruction of arena rock

Don't call The Idea Of You "arena rock"

I agree but Bad Witch has better sax.

Trent hasn't made anything meaningful after The Fragile, which I think is his magnum opus.

Everything after that is average and below average. (everything after he got off Interscope is TRASH, btw).

That ugly chink ruined this so hard.

A reminder to never let women into your lives like that.

Year Zero, The Slip, NTAE and Bad Witch are some top-tier NIN.

Average at best, he could literally get any woman he wants.

She has pretty decent vocals.

>I'm not jealous! She's ugly!

Attached: 1565283442314.png (633x758, 16K)

That's a big no.

And this is coming from a boomer level guy who's been into NIN since their Broken days in the 90s. I've seen his band live so many times, especially during his drug fueled days.

Year Zero was a good concept album, and I enjoy when Trent goes super electronic....he has a good ear for shit...but ANYTHING after that is trash.

I even gave kudos to With Teeth especially the Dave Grohl tracks, but it was still an average album compared to his other masterpieces.

Even the fucking Quake soundtrack is better than anything after Year Zero.

Now get off my lawn.

Not jealous at all, she's average.

Like I said earlier, Trent could get any woman he wants, they were practically throwing themselves at him, and still would.

Instead he went with the most average looking, non-talented leech I'd ever seen.

He could be banging Lykke Li right now, who actually has talent.

it's not all about the beauty you know, also she was kinda cute back in the day

Best NIN album coming through

Attached: R-9286563-1478071882-6663.jpeg.jpg (600x588, 80K)

That's literally what I'm saying.

She has nothing going on inside or outside.

Her own band sucked ass before she met Trent.

Knowing Trent over the years who had high standards in general for everything, I was surprised he went for her.

Last actual "album" from NIN.

Great textures on a proper HiFi setup.

However it's a complete experimental album, unlike any other studio album he's done.

youtube.com/watch?v=MeoyOIRIeHs

These kinds of NIN days are long and gone.

youtube.com/watch?v=sZ4gpR579Ys

Shut the fuck up boomer. NTAE and Bad Witch are just as good as Year Zero at least.

Based and true

>And this is coming from a boomer level guy who's been into NIN since their Broken days in the 90s. I've seen his band live so many times, especially during his drug fueled days.
Why do people say this as if it adds anything more to their argument?
Anyway, I actually think With_Teeth and Slip are utter pieces of shits, Year Zero is fucking great. I think the EP Trilogy was a return to form.

I don't know honestly.
youtube.com/watch?v=cvyywDE67tY
youtube.com/watch?v=yeqjz5mXrLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4Ab1O-i4ep4
I fucking love Broken though.

You must be new to NIN.

Fuck off zoomer.

Because I know their discography front to back and have ALL the Halos from 1 to whatever the fuck it is now.

No artist can last forever, they shine and burn out quickly.

Obviously Trent is super talented and his OST work is really good, but like I said, he's not the same as he was at age 24 playing Woodstock '94 (now THAT shit was classic).

Historically most bands have 1 or 2 amazing albums, but they are finished after that. NIN has 2 incredible albums (TDS and TF) and 3rd in line is Broken, while the rest are good, but not great.

With_Teeth had some ok tracks and it's the beginning of his sober era.

Boring shit, stop posting that crap.

>Because I know their discography front to back and have ALL the Halos from 1 to whatever the fuck it is now.
What does that mean? Why would that matter to me? Why would that put your opinion over anyone else's? No one really cares.
>With_Teeth had some ok tracks and it's the beginning of his sober era.
It's really boring, mostly Alt. Rock, Trent was clearly too scared to actually do anything, luckily Year Zero was a wake-up call of some kind.
>Boring shit, stop posting that crap.
I don't see how you can find stuff like Shit Mirror or Burning Bright boring, but you do you I guess. It's all right

Fucking boomers, here's what I hate about your shitty generation.

Just because you have access to Wikipedia and YouTube makes you an "expert" of sorts...

My opinion should matter to you because I grew up with this shit and was part of the zeitgeist.

However, if you enjoy NIN all the power to you. Great band, but they haven't made anything worthwhile since after 1999.

And all the other crap you posted is not a personal opinion, it's pretty much garbage and Trent knows too.

>boomers
Zoomers*

>My opinion should matter to you because I grew up with this shit and was part of the zeitgeist.
But it doesn't change anything, does it?
It's meaningless. If anything, it just shows you are terribly biased towards your own music you grew up with, just like any other generic boomer.

Technically I'm a millenial, in my early 30s.

And it changes everything.

I actually feel bad for your generation because you have nothing to "hook" to. There is no movement, punk, industrial or whatnot.

It's just some nigger rap music, Billie Eilish and horrorcore or whatever the fuck you weirdos listen to.

Even electronic music is dead.

I have no bias with music, I listen to everything. It's a fact that TF was NIN's magnum opus and Trent made good music while drugged out and angry.

It's also a fact that none of NINs albums will ever reach TDS or TF levels. Ever.

>It's just some nigger rap music, Billie Eilish and horrorcore or whatever the fuck you weirdos listen to.
I don't listen to any of that crap.
I'm 22.
I'm still not convinced that this changes anything at all, it's really silly to pride yourself over the fact that you got to see NIN live back in the 90s amongst all the other millions of people.
>Trent made good music while drugged out and angry.
Year Zero though.

>22

End it right here,

Your generation is FUCKED. You have nothing to look up to.

You're just a generational waste that won't be remembered in the future for doing anything at all.

Look kid, I'm glad you like NIN. Keep digging their discography you'll find a lot of cool stuff, I'm actually glad you found NIN at a young age.

They helped me through some tough times (I was a big drug abuser).

Instead of trying to nullify my expertise on the industrial genre, maybe listen to some of my recommendations? But who am I kidding, I didn't listen to any adults when I was your age. Good on you, keep riding it hard.

Seriously, everyone says "edgy" like it's a bad thing. I like edge if it's authentic.

If you zoomers like NIN, look up Skinny Puppy, KMFDM, Ministry (earlier shit), Throbbing Gristle, Even old Marilyn Manson is super good, and half of Mechanical Animals (before he went soft). Antichrist Superstar was a great record.

The 80s had a great rock movement too with Punk. New York, England, California and Seattle had a great scene.

anything edge related is bad

>Instead of trying to nullify my expertise on the industrial genre, maybe listen to some of my recommendations? But who am I kidding, I didn't listen to any adults when I was your age. Good on you, keep riding it hard.
It's cool dude, and I actually already explore all of those bands. I've been exploring Industrial Rock/Metal, and the other sub-genres quite a bit, I am quite a big fan, NIN got me into the genre.

I used to think that. Then I woke up.

I love edgy music, it tends to have energy and personality.

Good shit.

Trent is like Kurt Cobain, he made a genre popular like Kurt did with "grunge."

In the 90s MTV didn't know wtf to do with either of these bands, so they made a new genre and called everything non Metal "alternative rock".

The 80s was coming off big hair metal and on that cusp was Metallica, which was hard rock/metal.

While at that time in the 80s, industrial rock (Mid west, ie Ohio) and punk (North West, Seattle mostly) was coming up.

A lot people would never find out about the Pixies, Melvins, Sonic Youth, etc...without Nirvana...
Same with NIN, people wouldn't find out about industrial rock.

The most respectful part of NIN is that they never really sold out and that authenticity is still there, or remnants of whatever is left over after all these years. You can't stay an angry person forever, and Trent is in his 50s now.

>tfw when no half a dozen twenty something Amos-Reznor redheaded girls running around, making music right now.

Attached: oihiv.png (752x1378, 1.12M)

>listening to your own music
lmao based

I really personally dislike the term "Alt.Rock", these days people love to apply it to absolutely everything when I feel like other genres would work better, it is just so broad.
>The most respectful part of NIN is that they never really sold out and that authenticity is still there, or remnants of whatever is left over after all these years. You can't stay an angry person forever, and Trent is in his 50s now.
I kind of respect Trent for Hesitation Marks in that sense there was no pretence of trying to be angry anymore, you can say whatever you want about the album, I myself have said plenty. But it feels like he was being honest there with who he was, he realized though; that NIN's aggression is part of its intensity, so he is trying to be aggressive with The Trilogy, which meant that he is literally looking into the past and trying to put himself into that position again without, of course, fucking himself mentally (This is literally what NTAE is about, its concept is about Trent not getting his life together and not stopping the drugs). It's clear the dude is content, well, I don't know fully, but I bet he just isn't angry, Hesitation Marks felt far more honest for his headspace.
At least he can really still shine in OS, where he is not required to force any emotions out. He is literally making a Pixar movie soundtrack as we speak.

Trent listens to The Fragile when he is sad.

Attached: dfg.png (534x786, 330K)

>He still hasn't realized Hesitation Marks is one of his best
You're weak

Let's settle this
The Downward Spiral > The Fragile > Year Zero > With Teeth > Broken > Pretty Hate Machine > Still > Not The Actual Events > The Slip > Bad Witch > Ghosts > Hesitation Marks > Add Violence

no way with teeth is that fucking high

it's more like a sad dance album than anything

>PHM below Broken
lol

Yeah?
How is this funny? I expected other choices to be more controversial like With_Teeth above Broken, but that one tickles you?

I’m glad that other people recognize Hesitation Marks for what it is. There’s some great music on that album, but it has some of the most laughably angsty lyrics of Trent’s entire career.
>Everything is probably the least edgy song ever.
It’s actually the opposite.

>but it has some of the most laughably angsty lyrics of Trent’s entire career.
I wouldn't say laughable, I like that about HM, about how dark and how much self-hatred it has. I don't think there is any other album where Trent throws so much crap at himself, it's great, I relate to that.

>this particular scenario looks like another all time low
>BLEED! HAVE TO PURGE! WHAT YOU WERE!
>BUT THIS THING THAT LIVES INSIDE OF ME! WILL SURELY ROUSE AND WAKE WAKE WAKE!
Tell me that those aren’t laughable.

>BLEED" HAVE TO PURGE! WHAT YOU WERE!
That's awesome though
>this particular scenario looks like another all time low
not that much
>BUT THIS THING THAT LIVES INSIDE OF ME! WILL SURELY ROUSE AND WAKE WAKE WAKE!
dark but understandable, realstic showcase of drugs/mental illness.

Those aren't even the angstiest stuff on the record, btw
>I am just a copy of a copy of a copy
>Everything I say has come before
>Assembled into something into something >into something
>I don't know for certain anymore
>I am just a shadow of a shadow of a shadow
>Always trying to catch up with myself
>I am just an echo of an echo of an echo
>Listening to someone's cry for help

>Can I ask you something?
>What did you expect?
>So disappointed
>With what you get

>If I could be somebody else
>Well, I think I would for you
>And I only have myself to blame
>And I only have myself to blame

I actually like the first two, and the third isn’t that bad.

Never said they were bad at all, but they are darker/angstier in my opinion

I don’t get how you could consider Disappointed to be angstier than All Time Low, but I guess everyone just sees things differently.

Disappointed is essentially Trent going "Yeah, I always fuck things up, don't expect a thing from me, it'd be better if you just walked away", All Time Low sounds like "im doing drugs again ooo no" song to me.

To me, the second is angstier.

Hesitation Marks is a dope album. In Two, Various Methods of Escape, All Time Low, and Find my Way are great songs, and the rest of the album is pretty solid as well (except Everything)

Everything's great too.

He probably thinks that it isn’t edgy enough, despite being the opposite.

based, underrated remxi

it's a great remix, little bit too in your face, but it's so beautiful it doesn't matter.

The only thing I didn't like about Everything is I feel I got tricked. It's a super electronic album and people told me it was a faux happy song with eeriness underneath so I went in expecting a really weird happy electronic song with Trent yelling the I SURVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVED over it, instead I was met with guitars. I like it though, it just wasn't what I was expecting

>The only thing I didn't like about Everything is I feel I got tricked
I feel like that was the entire intention of the song, it's a one big trick, musically and lyrically.

Why are people so insistent on NIN being heavy? They were never that extreme that heavy to begin with, even Broken, when compared to other Metal albums, falls rather short

Nine Inch Nails isn’t metal and isn’t supposed to be.

Are you retarded? Have you seen the Broken movie? It's literally S&M shit.

user is clearly talking about the sound of the music, not the edginess of the music videos.

The Happiness in Slavery video is S&M. The Broken movie is a snuff film.

Don't forget PHM, someone might slip on the tears you've made them cry. After you just taught them how to kiss..
...you.

Broken is a Metal album, so I compared the "hardest" release from NIN to other Metal mainstream releases around its time, and it isn't really all that aggressive, is it?
The music itself isn't that extreme, nor even that violent, Broken's anger is just really really angsty anger.

To be fair, he was young and that was his first album.

Why the fuck would the music videos make the sound of the album "harder" you absolute dumb fuck.

So many people talk about how heavy, angry they are supposed to be though

That's what I GET
I love PHM and TDS equally, so fucking good

>I FEEL A MILLION MILES AWAY
Like in, like, half of his tracks.
(oh and don't forget about the pigs/swine etc.)

>Nine Inch Nails isn’t metal and isn’t supposed to be.
>Marilyn Manson isn’t metal and isn’t supposed to be.
>Rammstein isn’t metal and isn’t supposed to be.
>Tool isn’t metal and isn’t supposed to be.
What are they? Angsty 90s edgelords and not much more beyond that?

Tool and Rammstein are metal. NIN and Marilyn Manson are Industrial Rock.

>I FEEL A MILLION MILES AWAY
>Like in, like, half of his tracks.
Only in 3.
>(oh and don't forget about the pigs/swine etc.)
Only in 7

Still it was repetitive enough (the line from 1,000,000 was probably self-parody acknowledging this).

How is three times across a thirty year period too repetitive?

You have all NIN lyrics in one text file and you searched it for the phrases to determine their frequency of occurence?

>early 30s
>acts like he was in high school when Closer came out
>types like someone pushing 40
Why do people do this? I'm 29 btw

No, I’m just knowledgeable on NIN.

JUST WHEN EVERYTHING WAS MAKING SENSE...
YOU TOOK AWAY ALL OF MY SELF-CONFIDENCE!!!

What are your favorite Trent lyrics?

I can't believe that what I fear is finally happening to me
Make it hurt
And point the finger at my insecurities

this x9"

What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know
Is an elaborate dream?

What's the point of such lyrics? To try to appease chicks by posing as beta? Why would that even sound interesting to them?

I see it comes down to this
Your kiss
Your fist
And your strain that gets under my skin
Within
Take in
The extent of my sin

THE STARS ARE ALL AFIRE IN THE SKYYYYYYYY

actually a fun song tbqf. sadly the verses are better than the chorus, both in terms of vocal hook and instrumental.
youtube.com/watch?v=zuntkgvD5KU

It's going to be 10 years this september since he stopped with the meathead perspective. That Ghosts I-IV review is the best thing he ever wrote.

For the uninitiated or nostalgic:
theninhotline.com/meatpers/html/mp050330.htm

Attached: deepvid4.jpg (256x156, 27K)

the last time I saw this was in 2009

Attached: 1512619085146.jpg (406x394, 15K)

Why didn't she dye the eyebrows while she was at it? Almost-white hair and black eyebrows don't go well together

All Time Low is top tier NIN

I unironically agree with you
I still like The Slip though. Anything beyond that is shit

Attached: nin tier list.png (1036x411, 175K)

What a shitty fucking list
Explain how Trilogy is worse than Slip or Teeth, this is mind boggling

It sounds like HTDA to me, and that's also boring.

How the fuck do NTAE and Bad Witch sound like HTDA

NTAE is basically The Slip's sound but improved in every way possible
Even Add Violence has nothing to do with HTDA
That criticism is perfectly applicable to Hesitation Marks though

It was a bait you've fallen for, that's how

TOO FUCKED UP TO CARE ANYMORE

She's a literal supermodel.
If you think she's ugly you're a literal superfag

id say this is the worst album... but then again it was free. it just sounds phoned in a rushed

It was intentionally recorded very quickly, acting more on insticts, but to me it sounds incredibly inspired.

worst album is obviously hesitation marks, not much contest.

>Explain how Trilogy is worse than Slip or Teeth, this is mind boggling
Atticus. That dude's bases are idiotic and kills any interesting melody imo.

Trilogy is far more unique than anything on The Slip, Add Violence alone has better melodies, even not considering the melodies, the song-writing is better all around

With_Teeth is the best NIN album
>Best melodies
>Best Trent Reznor vocal performance
>Best lyrics, raw and clear
>Genuine angst and anger still in there, there is fire
>The more stripped back approach gives the song punch
>No filler, no fluff.

>best gains too

Attached: getting_bigger.jpg (600x400, 50K)

Best live performances too.
youtube.com/watch?v=TFlKrV_mA40

>bases

>uhhh WITHuhhhh TEETHuhhhh

yeah that's an excellent song.

Fourth favorite NIN album for me. The vocal performance is fucking great.

Like, really, the dude just kills it, he never sounded that great, his voice died by the time Year Zero came out, shame, but With_Teeth was a worthy sacrifice.

I AM A GOOD BOY
AND I WILL
SWALLOW IT ALL
SWALLOW IT ALL
SWALLOW IT AAAAALL