Why don't they just do a Drones album? If their entire discography is anything to go by...

Why don't they just do a Drones album? If their entire discography is anything to go by, it'd be better than either of these TFS albums. Do they have a core member unavailable or something?

Attached: cover.png (1000x1000, 3.82M)

Drones went on hiatus.

And pic related is best drones album.

Fight me.

Attached: 6D29FA96-AD84-4CCE-A0FC-5C8632801088.jpg (554x554, 22K)

I think Gareth wanted to do something new, t b h there isn't that much that separates TFS from The Drones
Feelin Kinda Free was the best think Liddiard has done though

I see they've doubled down on the wacky album art lmao.

>there isn't that much that separates TFS from The Drones

I kinda agree with this. At certain points, A Laughing Death just sounded like a more energetic take on the stuff they were doing on I See Seaweed.

The only Gareth liddiard I've listened to was strange tourist, does he have anything else similar to that

I can't fight you even if I wouldn't agree -- I like Gala Mill and Wait Long by the River... too much, but that's what's great about them -- I can't think of any group/artist that put out its first release in the 21st century that's put out consistently good-to-amazing albums without any significant hiccup across all 7 of their albums so far.
I definitely don't think they can be beat when it comes to that as far as stuff that you could call rock music, which is why I'd call them the century's best rock group so far. Can't think of any 21st century artist in any other genres that can boast being that consistently great, but there's too many of them so I can'treally judge.

Can anyone think of a 21st century-starting group that's got them beat as far as consistent greatness, especially with a pretty regular and frequent stream of albums?

TFS is definitely easily comparable in sound to The Drones, especially Seaweed and Feelin Kinda Free -- I first saw Meatspace when I was looking through that week's new releases and instantly had to look it up since it had such similarities (even without Liddiard's voice making it obvious to anyone who's heard one Drones track) -- but something feels cheapened about it. I'd call their stuff good, and I can't put my finger on it, but It sounds off. Like Liddiard and other Drones members compromised with the other TFS people and lost something in the process.
I'm not bitching, they should do what they want with their talents. I just personally hope we can get a purely-Drones album again ASAP, if it happens at all.

Lastly, I think I'm also mildly salty because of how much adoration and attention Meatspace got compared to The Drones who I've loved for a good decade -- basing this off the attention and reactions on Yea Forums when it came out (and still when they talk about it in retrospect), and having just looked up the reviews on RYM and seeing it's got more than twice as many ratings as anything from The Drones.

Attached: Gala Mill.jpg (500x500, 103K)

big drones fan here and desu I love both but I can see why they kicked off a new project - they really aren't the exact same at all

also I'm glad they ditched the drones, TFS are brilliant

Agreed. They received some attention when melon reviewed seaweed but the earlier albums are slept on.

They had other shit going on so they took a hiatus, not break up. I think braindrops is more distinguishable from sounding like The Drones

honestly i'm fine without a new Drones album. it's been a long while since the last one but i don't think i really need a new one. i loved what they've been dropping as TFS, there's still the Gerard factor, the raspy voice, the instrumentation, but the experimentation with feminine voices and the new image are great. I see seaweed is so amazing though.

I feel like we're really gonna start to miss the quieter, more contemplative angst that we got with the drones but for the moment i'm like you, loving fucking TFS

desu i do miss the longer songs and more acoustic ambientation
>that 9 min song on I see seaweed
>that ohh my cover live
but i'm really happy with this noisy, really wacky stuff desu

I can’t believe they’ve made AOTY two years in a row.

Attached: 4E674A81-EA98-4BD4-AB3C-8CF1FE1695F1.jpg (600x600, 31K)

>implying this isn’t one of the coolest album covers ever

Attached: 119DA3E6-D493-47E6-8636-383A05593A45.jpg (850x850, 1.11M)

>muh epic wacky random images and lotsa colurs
is the bad-but-krazy-so-it-must-be-amazing cover art there to compensate for the drop in quality of the actual music (and album art even) compared to where the drones were before fuck storm started (or honestly where the drones were at any point during their active career)?

I stopped reading after the first sentence

I can't believe how few albums from this and last year you must have listened to.

I prefer TFS. They're more fun and noisy and less prone to overlong ballads.

well the greentext, which i assume is what you meant, because my actual normal-text post was one sentence, got my basic point across as far as the album art goes so you got the gist of it and thats whats important

>is the bad-but-krazy-so-it-must-be-amazing cover art there to compensate for the drop in quality of the actual music (and album art even) compared to where the drones were before fuck storm started (or honestly where the drones were at any point during their active career)?
in english please

oh okay cool I’ll make sure to go back and read it.
*wink*

replace the "bad-but-krazy-so-it-must-be-amazing" with "tryhard" and it's a perfectly fine sentence that you should be able to work out, hope this helps