Rank them

For me Slayer > Metallica > Megadeth > Anthrax

Attached: 1.png (1023x605, 192K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Udh2lpoQw0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Peak Metallica > Slayer = Megadeth > Anthrax > Buttrock Metallica

It's really hard for me to decide between Slayer and Megadeth though. I really hold them in equal prestige. Like I rate Slayer really highly but then I have as much love and respect for Megadeth. And not in the same league but Anthrax are fun, a blast live.

i think you got it bud
although i cant deny metallica having the strongest trilogy (kea rtl mop)
maybe if reign in blood was better
Show No Mercy slays

Attached: 697fefd4c7e89263f426d42859772b5f.jpg (500x651, 69K)

yes peak metallica >

Megadeth>Metallica>Anthrax>>>>>>>>Slayer

Slayer > Megadeth > Metallica >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shitrax
Shut the fuck up

ok metallica obv had the best 80s run (until 87)
but i consider show no mercy my favourite thrash

I wish Metallica just stuck with their vaguely groove-metal-y, mid-temp but still metal sound of the Black album through the 90s, at that level of quality. Why did they have to go corny buttrock?

mid-*tempo

Slayer is fucking garbage, deal with it

Megadeth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Slayer > Metallica >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Literally who

Load wasnt so bad

Metallica>Megadeth>Anthrax>Slayer

Slayer never evolved past just being fast, got old real quick.

Rust In Peace > Slayer > Metallica > other Megadeth > Anthrax

sidenote, St Anger is actually pretty okay, and immensely interesting to listen to

Slayer > Anthrax > Megadeth > Metallica
too bad thrash is trash

Attached: when someone breaks the oath.jpg (640x655, 86K)

Load>Black Album

Black Album is boring as shit.

I could maybe accept load if it were from another, inferior band, and I do finally kind of make allowances / accept the reality of what Metallica became in the mid 90s, can kind of understand it in context, but the problem is it was just such a drop from actual metal Metallica.

Anthrax is that rap-metal band? Fuken last

>the problem is it was just such a drop from actual metal Metallica
This would be an acceptable opinion to have if not for the fact that the black album was just being praised while Load was being criticized. Can't stomach what Metallica became after (and partially during) Justice? That's fine. But if Load makes you cringe and black album doesn't then you're not actually listening to Load.

Reload sucks though, I'll concede that

Metallica > Megadeth > Slayer > Anthrax

Black album was a more mainstream heavy metal album, with a couple ballads and some semi thrashy moments.

Load was an alternative country blues rock album. Pretty big differences I'd say.

But at the time it was unique and interesting. They are probably the most influential out of the Big 4.

tallica >>>megadeth > slayer > anthrax

slayer > megadeth > anthrax >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> meterdica
sorry grandma and grandpa

Attached: Metallica-game-3-nba-finals-a-billboard-1548.jpg (636x421, 64K)

based

Honestly, Anthrax just sucks. They have one album that's okay at best, and that's Among the Living. There's very few classic thrash bands that are WORSE than Anthrax.

I actually agree, St Anger is kind of cool. Like, I get why Metallica fans don't like it, but it's a pretty unique sounding and dope album, and if some random band that wasn't metallica made it, it would probably have a cult following for being some really interesting and unique album.

>hasn't listened to Anthrax
There's zero reason to not like Spreading The Disease if you liked Among The Living, Persistence of Time is objectively their best album, Sound of White Noise is probably the best Big 4 effort at changing to a commercial sound in the 90s, and For All Kings and Worship Music are the best Big 4 albums of the 21st century aside from Megadeth's Endgame (low bar, but still)

How the fuck is a simple band like Anthrax such a pleb filter?

>Load was an alternative country blues rock album
Who cares, tracks like Ain't My Bitch, Bleeding Me and Until it Sleeps still banging

I mean, I said Among the Living was okay at best, so saying I "liked it" is a bit of a stretch. It's still pretty cheesy, but it had a few good riffs. I don't really remember Spreading the Disease very well at all, but Persistence of Time sucks. The vocals just fucking suck, and none of the riffs stand out.

this is the correct rating

Slayer > Megadeth > Metallica > Anthrax

Though if asked which one I would like to see live in 2019 the most, it'd be completely different. Metallica would be last by a mile.

Metallica puts on the best show, Slayer puts on the worst and has the shittiest crowd. Have sex

I've been to Slayer and I thought it was a pretty dope show. I always thought Raining Blood was a good but overrated song, but hearing it live I totally changed my mind. Heavy as FUCK live. Also, vocals sound even better live than on the album.

However, Behemoth was one of the opening bands, and they were fuckin incredible. Really, Slayer should have been opening for Behemoth.

*ahem*
fuck them all

Attached: 1566573418323.jpg (331x400, 28K)

>always thought Raining Blood was a good but overrated song, but hearing it live I totally changed my mind. Heavy as FUCK live.
Why did you have to see it live to figure this out? It's legitimately one of the heaviest songs out there. The slightly subdued groove just makes everything so weighty and punchy while the chromatic tones give it atmosphere.

I think maybe I had just heard it so many times I needed to hear it live to remind me how fuckin heavy it is, but it is way heavier live than just listening to it through earbuds.

But now I enjoy the song more in any scenario than before I heard it live.

BASED AND ÖUGHPILLED

>Metallica
Good albums: Ride, Puppets, Justice
Bad albums: Reload, St.Anger, Magnetic

>Megadeth
Good albums: Rust, Coundown, Dystopia
Bad albums: So Far, Criptic, Risk, Hero, Collider

>Slayer
Good albums: Mercy, Regin, South, Abyss, Christ
Bad albums: Divine, Diabolus, World

>Anthrax
Good albums: Disease, Among, Noise, We Come
Bad albums: Persistence, Stomp

They're all trash. Who the fuck listens to these untalented memebands?

If you hate Anthrax you probably edgy satanic Slayer fan, serious "muh technic" Megadeth fan or pleb butt-rock Metallica fan

Slayer > early 80s Metallica > Megadeth > Testament >>>>>>>> Anthrax

Attached: static-assets-upload8860136412992802114.png (690x673, 695K)

Fans of Slayer, Megadeth or Metallica have no reason to hate Anthrax. It's probably muh Exodus/muh Overkill/etc. fags.

King Gizzard And The Lizard Wizard > Megadeth > Metallica > Anthrax > Slayer

Look at this thread

if it's not slayer at the top you're confused

If you like Anthrax you probably like cheesy shit like Bon Jovi.

Except that the vocals are way different, and the songwriting is much cheesier.

the problem is as thrash bands its
slayer > megadeth > metallica > anthrax

but as general metal bands it's more
megadeth = metallica > slayer > anthrax

>you probably like cheesy shit like Bon Jovi.
Duh, right! Death to posers, aaaaargh! Metal!

>Not liking Joey Belladonna or John Bush vocals
>Liking redhead Beavis "Just like the Pied Piper"

Megadeth were never really all that thrashy. At least Metallica developed a very characteristic heavy sound for themselves when they were still thrash.

Not him but I spent an entire summer listening to Anthrax and they never clicked. Fistful of Metal is their only good album

this

Megadeth > Slayer > Anthrax > Fagtallica

Am him, and funny, that was the one I hated the most. But yeah, I tried them quite a bit, just never got to me.

>makes fun of me for being a metalhead in a thread about metal

youtube.com/watch?v=6Udh2lpoQw0

how can you not hate them?

>cryptic metaphor
>bad
consume HRT

Metallica is "intellectual" and "artistic". Good songwriting from Cliff and James is decent.
Slayer is "evil" and aggressive and heavy. RIB is probably the best metal album ever, no pretensions, just pure aggression.
Megadeth is technical but lacking in other areas. RIP is good
Anthrax is shit

>megadeth>anthrax with belladonna>metallica>slayer>anthrax without belladonna

>if you say bad thing about slayer then you must be a bon jovi fan

Why won`t he make fun of you?

Anthrax >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Megashit = Metallafuck = Slayerpuss

megadeth > metallica > slayer > anthrax

though, to be fair i haven't listened to much anthrax

Going by your thing....what Anthrax brings to the table is "fun" and "lightheartedness"

But that in thrash, can be pretty lame, I don't like thrash fun too much in general, for example I hate Exodus' "Toxic Waltz"

I will say some Anthrax songs are bangers though, like Indians, A I R, Armed and Dangerous, The Enemy, etc.....but yeah I think they're the weakest and at times their goofyness is pure cringe rather than funny or charming

Controversial opinion here:
Megadeth -> Anthrax ->Slayer -> Metallica

>tfw want to watch a Megadeth live video to see how a song is played but can't stand Dave's mewling

bump

80's: Metallica>Slayer>Megadeth>Anthrax
90's: Megadeth>Metallica>Slayer>Anthrax
00's: Slayer>Megadeth>Anthrax>Metallica
10's: Anthrax>Metallica>Megadeth>Slayer

Pre-Black Album Metallica > Megadeth > Post-Black Album Metallica > Slayer > Anthrax

But I really like Anthrax and I've seen them 5+ times.

This.

Attached: 11202606_442225625959023_5609439461474195118_n.jpg (530x398, 37K)

Ilove Metallica, but I hate the other three equally. they genuinely suck. very cringy

Spoken like a true low-brow neanderthal Metallica fan.

Metallica: Life it seems will fade away.....

Sl*yer: Yeah bro rock on!!! yeaaahh i love to partyyy!!!

Megadeth: I hate my gf...

Antrax: We are retarded!!!

Metallica and their fans are the most shitty fucktards on the planet. In the 80s they didn't let the supporting acts soundcheck so they would sound better when compared and their fans would spit on them.

Metallica are an example of a band doing things the right way from a marketing standpoint....they made it seem like THEY were the outcasts, they exaggerated things to make them seem like the underdog heroes, and they made their fans feel like they were part of something bigger than themselves....this is a tactic you can see utilized successfully in many bands and not so much with others, but Metallica definitely created a cult for themselves and played it up

megadeth > metallica >>>>> slayer/anthrax (sorry they're both shit)

Very well put.

This. Lars is a genius.

Many sociopaths are.

that's objectively correct

I mean Metallica fans were one kind of asshole in their prime, but if you think Slayer fans aren't one of the worst fanbases in metal you haven't met many Slayer fans. Half of them are only into it because they think it's Nazi music anyway.

In terms of bands it's probably
Slayer > Metallica > Megadeth > Anthrax

but in terms of albums (for me) the Metallica trilogy and Rust in Peace are on top

This is actually a really good assessment. Anthrax are really good right now, while the other three have all aged like shit.

Can one get any more pedestrian than this?

Metallica never did that, and had the reputation of being the coolest to their opening bands of anyone around. The asshole fans spit on opening bands, but the band couldn't control that. And yes, I saw them in the clubs.

As a rhythm guitar player Megadeth is easily my favorite just for the absolute peak they were able to reach without having 8 minute “epics” of cut and pasted riffs like Metallica or stuff that had almost no musicality to it whatsoever like a lot of Slayer’s stuff

This.

Megadeth > who cares about the others

Dave

My bro drove me to a concert once and Anthrax were better live.