Does anyone else have a kind of inexplicable fascination with Lana del Rey's music...

does anyone else have a kind of inexplicable fascination with Lana del Rey's music? it sounds better to me than other music to a point where it's like its own category apart from everything else

youtube.com/watch?v=KA1dUubMjQ0
i dont really understand how a song like this can exist, it's basically magic to me, but people just see it as some pop song

Attached: 71bok-KE1mL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=63SRa-OUVy4
youtube.com/watch?v=I4rJJMc5UJA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Us Gays know exactly what u mean. Lana is my everything

im not gay myself, very romantically attracted to girls, but i am probably sort of feminine, my very intense relationships with girls were almost like friendships i guess

my exes mostly told me i was a weird combination of masculinity and femininity, and ive noticed that it's mostly gay guys who like Lana

but you get that? her music is not just better than other music, it seems like an entirely different thing, it is like magic

Yeah I find her really honest and comfortable with herself, it allows her to put real emotion into her stuff without trying to cater to modern melody/pop trends. Also love the noir/americana vibe. Get Free was also one of my favorites from that album

Yeah idk how to describe it but there is a definite magic and passion

Will add, I'm definitely straight, but have lots of feminine tastes as well. I'm a songwriter/producer so I tend to appreciate artists for their aesthetic. I just found Lana to be doing something like nobody else.

I basically love every single song she ever recorded so i can't attack any of them, but my favorites on Lust for Life were 13 beaches, In my feeling, Tomorrow never came, and above all Heroin. I think heroin might be the best song she ever recorded.

Video Games, Young and beautiful, I can fly, Ultraviolence, brooklyn baby, music to watch boys to, Religion, starry eyed, back to the basics, the man i love, because of you, 1949, never let me go, cruel world, shades of cool, west coast, carmen, yayo, a star for nick, we'll find our own way, pawn shop blues, could go on for a long time

there are just so fucking many of them and they're all so incredible, and it's not just that they're good, they are like beyond music itself every one, they're all so different but they're all lana del rey

i feel no interest in her as a person really it's just the stuff she creates is like the world i always wanted

im basically in the same place as you then, i don't make music, i write poetry mostly and some other stuff, and im straight too, but her music kind of broke my mind

I know exactly what you mean, it's like every song has that sweet soul-touching goodness.
I really like the unreleased stuff too.
youtube.com/watch?v=63SRa-OUVy4
youtube.com/watch?v=I4rJJMc5UJA

Yeah, she really did change my life too... I have a huge vinyl poster of her, there are some of us out there for sure user. Can't wait for the 30th, Mariner's might be my favorite song of hers, the resolve in the chorus makes me feel like life is actually worth living.

on our way and back to the basics are two of my very favourites of hers, you are my boy.

and yes every single thing she makes that soft happy revelatory thing in it, she was touched by an angel or something

She's pretty good.
My interpretation of the gays' obsession with her is that they heard some of songs from Born to Die, thought "omg these songs about men, drinking, sadness and loneliness describe my life". What they frequently don't get is that Lana Del Rey's music isn't about having fun with men and drugs, it's about how she used to have fun with men and drugs, went theough hell because of it, grew up and found God. In a way it's kinda funny how she and her music are devoutly Christian but many people - both fans and haters - think she's a basic superficial bitch.

Attached: 1565845640096.jpg (298x272, 13K)

Mariners is incredibly sad and I guess i get why she's going through that. All the song she's put out for this album are pretty sad.

It is crazy though how you can hear Mariners and the chorus makes you feel ok about everything, and i hear it and it has a totally different impact, a sadness, and a desire to go back to older songs and feelings.

That is the genius of her music i think.

it's intimately related to God, but it's also God as we know him in our broken modernity. That's why she says 'god's dead baby that''s ok with me' i think, it/s christ on the cross accepting his death, it's Nietzsche saying that we have lost our understanding of God in modernity, and it's also her atheism contrasted with the basically religious thing that makes her music.

Im not sure she even gets that because art is instinctive.

"You lose your way, just take my hand
You're lost at sea, then I'll command your boat to me again
Don't look too far, right where you are, that's where I am"

I just want someone to say that to me IRL

>4 posters
>all are gay

it's fucking perfect and all anyone really wants of each other and life.

and it's always like that with her songs.

my absolute favorite is maybe when she says 'heaven is a place on earth with you' in video games. it perfectly encapsulates that moment of young blind love when heaven really is just being with some person, the way the music works with it is just amazing, the slow soft progression of the chords and whatever

does anyone else have a kind of inexplicable fascination with Lana del Rey's ass?
it smells better to me than other asses to a point where it's like its own category apart from everything else

Attached: 1515274068345.png (259x335, 89K)

Yeah I remember where I was when I first heard that song and that line gave me chills for sure. Really threw me off since I was into EDM at the time but it felt like home

I'm not ever gonna respond to the part about soiboi Nietzsche, it's just so fucking cringy to try to interpret Lana Del Rey from a Nietzschean perspective.
>it's intimately related to God, but it's also God as we know him in our broken modernity.
Lana Del Rey clearly sees God as salvation, the way to escape from our broken modernity.
>That's why she says 'god's dead baby that''s ok with me' i think
You did not just make that interpretation of Gods and Monsters. The song is about Hollywood being hell. It's sung from the POV of someone living through the hell of the Hollywood lifestyle. "God's dead I said baby that's alright with me" is said person's view on God. They live a degenerate lifestyle with drugs and thus they've lost their faith.
I bet you don't even realise that Brooklyn Baby is satire of people like you.

who else straight and has 5k Lana scrobbles?

She has an ok voice, but her lyrics are awful and her melodies average.

>They live a degenerate lifestyle with drugs and thus they've lost their faith.
that's the point bro that's what Lana did and she knows that

im not like brooklyn baby at all, ive bonded with 4 different girls about Lana and we were all fucked up and we understood each other specifically because we were fucked up and the contrast between god and the devil claimed our lives

'god's dead' is obviously a Nietzche reference, i dont really get how you could not understand that. it's almost his most famous aphorism.

You dont get the situation at all. Her own music is fraught with this shit she does it on purpose.

also brooklyn baby is not a satire and lana doesn't make satires

brooklyn baby is here expressing a thing of beauty like all of her art is

I am in the same spot but the other girls and boys thinks I'm weird or a faggot

Which is true

>that's the point bro that's what Lana did and she knows that
I know. But she's not gloryfying it. It's a sad reflection on what she used to think and be like, not what she was like when she wrote the song.
>'god's dead' is obviously a Nietzche reference, i dont really get how you could not understand that. it's almost his most famous aphorism.
I didn't say it wasn't. She references Nietzsche as he is the most degenerate soiboi philosopher to have ever existed. It adds a layer of meaning, as Nietzsche glorified the Übermensch while being the exact opposite, likening her own past to being a mess while gloryfying impossible ideals. Her making a reference doesn't mean that a Nietzschean interpretation of her music makes sense.

Faggot.

Attached: semen demon (male).png (586x552, 122K)

I think Lana Del Rey’s music isn’t just ‘music’. It has an aesthetic to it and that’s why she’s so unique.

>lana doesn't make satires

>Money is the reason we exist
>Everybody knows it, it's a fact-kiss, kiss

>You said to "be cool" but, I'm already coolest
>I said to "get real, don't you know who you're dealing with?
>Um, do you think you'll buy me lots of diamonds?

>I've got feathers in my hair
>I get high on hydroponic weed
>And my jazz collection's rare
>I get down to beat poetry
>I'm a Brooklyn baby
>I'm a Brooklyn baby
>Yeah my boyfriend's pretty cool
>But he's not as cool as me
The last one may be a bit more subtle but you're a brainlet.

i might be banned from Yea Forums again, but i wrote you a long response and it wouldnt fucking send. I basically agree with you, but im too tired to explain the differences in our ideas again, and it doesn't really matter.

nietzsche was a faggot and lana is brilliant and we agree about that at least

not satire. that is why she is beautiful, because she can write lyrics like that without it being ironic, you dont get it

This is one of the most cringe threads i've ever seen

you still care more about being cool than what is beautiful, you're not cool or beautiful so it's a bit pointless for you to fret about it

I expected to see a lot of hate here but I'm pleasantly surprised. Love her! I've seen her live in July

Attached: a1f1c0aa3ee5d891df28e616e1e8a583.jpg (540x960, 91K)

Attached: file.png (498x265, 202K)

So new.
So fucking new I can smell that newfag smell.

Attached: 4bf909e69612ae4b4235d7cd72466fcb4e1d318b9fdb5369246380d6674ba914.png (534x438, 111K)

Exactly. God I hate other Lana Del Rey fans. Smh in this thread they don't even get National Anthem, a song featuring lines like "Um do you think you'll buy me lots of diamonds?", is satire of people who romanticize the 60es and not meant to be understood literally. Their comments about what they think of her music sound like book reports written by third graders.
Her lines "they judge me like a picture book, by the colours like they forgot to read" describe 90% of her fans perfectly.

OMG LANA DEL REY

Attached: 1565525549453.jpg (1112x512, 146K)

Your pic: The average Lana Del Rey fan
My pic: Lana Del Rey irl

Attached: cd4.jpg (619x671, 29K)

Nah just low sentience posters
Dont forget to sega

Lana del rey romanticizes the 50s, 60s, 70s, she talks about it all the time, and she openly glamorized money and power during the period where she wrote National Anthem. her praising diamonds is not satire, and if you think it is you understand nothing about her music, she doesn't do satire, she's not ironic, only occasionally sarcastic.

You're projecting your pretension onto her music, and you're not even intelligently pretentious

Ah yes, she totally romanticizes and glamorises the period in National Anthem:
>It's a love story for the new age
>For the sixth page
>We're on a quick sick rampage
>Wining and dining
>Drinking and driving
>Excessive buying
>Overdosing and dyin'
>On our drugs and our love
>And our dreams and our rage
>Blurring the lines between real and the fake
>Dark and lonely
>I need somebody to hold me
National Anthem is a ridiculous love story set in the sixties, the portrayal of JFK by a black man in the music video supports this. It's satire of love stories set in an age of racism, war and hate. The part I quoted is where she clarifies that it was not a romantic era in reality.

>National Anthem is a ridiculous love story set in the sixties, the portrayal of JFK by a black man in the music video supports this. It's satire of love stories set in an age of racism, war and hate.

Attached: soyyyy.png (630x384, 190K)

0 awareness
grim

Im not gay and i love her music. The aggressive gays and gross trannies at her concerts are disgusting though. That and women are a huge chunk of her audience . Probably why t swift went so hard pro fay. Theres alot of money there and white white women love fags

Lana glamorized fucked up romances in that period. She dated an insane biker type guy who was the story behind all those songs she wrote, the guy in Blue Jeans and Born to Die videos apparently looked like him. She put Asap Rocky in National Anthem because she was dating him then and he was a baller and he fit the theme of the song, but it's pretty obviously still just about that one guy that almost all her music is about, that crazy criminal guy she was with when she was young.

It was not ironic or clever at all. It had nothing to do with satires of old love songs, and if you look at any of her music she clearly doesn't do that, it's all sincere love songs, every line you posted is her trying to explain what it was like being in that situation with him. Practically every song she ever wrote is just as dramatic.

She literally says this herself in interviews.

It's like you guys want her to be acceptable to your Pitchfork sensibilities so you just make shit up.

ok brainlets

and she absolutely glorifies those decades

she has a song called 1949, she has a song called marilyn monroe, she talks about the 'dream land of the 70s' she romanticizes Charles fucking Manson. she's obsessed with Lolita's highway adventures.

(You)
>Lana glamorized fucked up romances in that period.
She sang about them. She didn't glamorize them though. Those songs are always sad, they always talk about how life was shit despite her being in love. That's what she does.
>She dated an insane biker type guy who was the story behind all those songs she wrote, the guy in Blue Jeans and Born to Die videos apparently looked like him.
Yes she sings about her failed romance with Jim or w/e a lot. Those songs don't glorify shit though. They're about how love existed despite the fact that things were shit.
>She put Asap Rocky in National Anthem because she was dating him then and he was a baller and he fit the theme of the song, but it's pretty obviously still just about that one guy that almost all her music is about, that crazy criminal guy she was with when she was young.
You really don't see the political/historical commentary in having a black guy as JFK?
God, she loves old pop culture but she has enough braincels to know that the 60es weren't all romance.

Attached: 1565802543020.jpg (600x800, 87K)

I'm fascinated with her body & face. She's the perfect amount of trashy and hot

What an awful thread filled with awful people.

Does she have anything similair to Brooklyn baby? I really like that song