How do I avoid going deaf?

How do I avoid going deaf?

Attached: 1566749948060.png (683x739, 302K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lenire.ie/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

don't wear headphones

keep the speakers low

don't work a shitty job with loud noises around you

voila

Remove ears.

Just put up with it. My tinnitus sounds like hundreds of fucking beeping noises and alarms going off at once and I just ignore it.

what if I wear headphones but I keep the music low? Will I be fine?

Yeah but as time goes on it still does damage and thus you keep turning the volume up and up until you get major permanent hearing damage.

The guy in the OP is just a pussy
Most musicians have hearing damage from all the years of playing on stages and they don't give a fuck.

Hearing damage is not the same as tinnitus, though, is it? I assume it must've been some hardcore ringing if it drove him to suicide.

It's not about hearing damage. It's about tinnitus. Hearing damage and tinnitus are not the same thing. Everyone gets hearing damage as time goes on. It's not a scary thing at all and doesn't affect your life too much if it's mild.

Tinnitus on the other hand is pretty gay. I've got a mild case and it took me some time to get used to. The first few months I was really mad I let it happen. I imagine that guy had a pretty bad case to kill himself over it though.

I have mild tinnitus and I already get daily headaches likely from my ears condition. It's definately related to the ears because when I don't listen to music for some time my head stops thumping.
It's not even real bad tinnitus either.

Well I do need an excuse to end it so maybe I'll boost the volume

How old are you guys? Just curious. And is it like a non-stop ringing/noise in your ears or does it come and go? Any warning signs you remember?

18. It gets louder and quieter depending on the situation. External noise makes it quieter, listening to anything loud makes it louder after. No warning signs except hearing fucking ringing in your ears constantly.

18? Damn. Did you just listen to loud ass music non-stop or was there some other trigger that damaged your ears?

Mid 20s.
It reemerges after gigs or listening to music for long periods of time.
My ears occasionally hurt like a cunt too randomly. That's when I noticed how bad it was getting.

As for the tinnitus itself as a sound - it's nothing really.
In fact it's just a mildly louder form of the sound I always used to get in my head as a kid in very quiet rooms.

The issue is the pain of the headaches with it, not the ringing itself. I suppose that wouldn't be the case if I had it as bad as 50 year old rock stars who need to shout everything because they can't hear themselves.

Ear implant and rehab treatments are developing, but far too slowly to rely on even if you are half deaf and wealthy currently.

Nope, always been like this. I have awful hearing, too. Not sure if that's related to the tinnitus.

> some other trigger that damaged your ears?
Not him, but I defs lost a lot of sensitivity in my ears after one ACDC concert at front row. Was with my Dad and his ears were very badly done by it as he seems to have lost a lot of his hearing capacity since then and complained about that ever since. Can't blame em for that as we anticipated that, hell it wouldn't be an ACDC concert without partial hearing loss.

Oh and "MBV - Loveless" a million times.
And Kyuss/Stoner/Sludge rock which is bass heavy.
Weed decreased it slightly for a long time even after I stopped using it, strangely. It seems to have stopped ringing as much but I do get sore ears from music production often (likely the headphones phyical contact with them though).

Massive improvement since I reduced listening to things with ear buds. Those fuckers fuck your ears up (but they also have the best bass for the size unfortunately.).

Attached: 1530129281951.png (200x161, 33K)

srsly do not read if you do not have tinnitus... everyone /has/ tinnitus. most people dont drop their hearing level seeking it out. I "got" tinnitus after learning about it a year ago. bothered me for like a week or two and now basically never comes up

I had ridiculously good hearing as a kid and I still had tinnitus.
I assumed the ringing was natural background reactions from my ears when there wasn't enough stimulation to cause a noticeable sound.

Only when I got bad ringing after my first concert did I realise what it was.

tfw severe tinnitus and TMJ from years of shitty posture. It took me over a year to stop having daily panic attacks, but it does become more tolerable. Hang in there, lads.

>shitty posture
I have this.
It did not help it, though I did assume that my problems were purely posture until I realised the ear issues may be related to pain and discomfort.

19 and its still happening, got tinnitus at probably 15-16 and I hadn't even gone to a concert / never really listened to music on full volume.
guess i just have weak ears.

Attached: 1500004757708.gif (300x300, 2.13M)

Mine could be related to anxiety too, but I think the forward head posture and dowager's hump are the real culprits. I might be able to reduce those (and the TMJ) with exercise, and I'm hoping the ringing goes down too. Fuck, I miss being able to listen to Grouper and Talk Talk with headphones.

its not. I have tinnitus but no hearing damage

Wow he had a really low threshold for committing sudoku.

I get a slight ringing in my ears about 3 times a week, but I just ignore it.

One time i passed out drunk with max volume music in ny ears. Yeah that probably aged my ears about ten years but that was the first time i ever had actual ear pain from noise. It's quite unpleasant.

Don't work in construction, or wear protection if you do

this is true.
it's mostly psychological (why some people say it doesnt bother them and some people commit sudoku over it).
put yourself in complete silence and listen. not completely silent is it? now imagine thinking that meant something was wrong with you and bugging out about it. that's tinnitus

Hehe born with tinnitus. Everyone on my dads side has it too.

Attached: freeman.png (446x580, 326K)

>tfw soi eared

Attached: 1552007895131.jpg (320x320, 65K)

I think everyone is born with background noise, tinnitus is a threshold where it's distracting and hard to ignore.

I listen to music with headphones literally every day. I'm really worried of going deaf or serious hearing damage.

Attached: 1563376614794.jpg (640x962, 69K)

I put my earphones at low volume usually but sometimes I have to dial it up. I often forget to lower the volume and my ear gets blasted. Kind of annoying.

Yeah, but the degree to which people have it varies quite a bit, as does the type of sound everyone's tinnitus produces. But yeah, you could take two people, one with mild tinnitus but they lose their mind over it and another with extreme tinnitus who simply learns to cope and is not bothered by it.

Same here, everyday for the past 12 years. I've got it pretty bad. Only solution is to just keep listening to music constantly, and get used to it. Personally as an ambient, and noise lover I like having it.

>always had tinnitus
>just ignore it
it's truly that easy

26, pretty much all day but I get a few hours when I wake up without it, gets worse at night. I have a bit of high frequency loss in my right ear, can't hear some electronic hi hats. I was around loud noises since I was in orchestra in elementary school and rock bands in high school. I produce electronic music and would listen to it too loud, and sometimes my computer would fuck up and blast a loud noise (which is what I think triggered it)

The biggest warning sign is ringing in the ears that randomly pops up and fades after a few seconds. This happened for months and I ignored it but then I got it all the time. Honestly though you get used to it, it's like watching an old VHS or listening to an ancient recording with buzz. It fades no matter how loud it is in my experience if you keep yourself busy. Now I just use headphones a lot less. I usually have to have music or podcasts playing when I sleep just so I don't focus too much on it.

I forgot I even had the ear ringing till I saw a fucking reddit post about the skull tapping technique to "fix tinnitus forever". It used to keep me awake at night all the time as a teen, but it was like I gradually forgot about it until I tried the skull tapping shit just for fun and now its in the back of my head every time I'm trying to fucking sleep and I can't stop my brain from remembering the worst.
Also got ear popping everytime I swallow for ~6 years now. I think it started after I got my first and only ear infection, or after I was coming down from a plane. Tried every single technique I could find, even the nose balloon things. Nothing has worked so far.

Dont remember silence
Pretty sure I was either born with tinnitus or got it at a very young age

I also have tinnitus, just "forget" you have it.

As hard as it is for most people, this is true.
I see all these horror stories about suicides and it reminds me of eye floaters, which are dark little blobs in your eye that fly around. If you focus on them, they drive you crazy, but if you ignore them they mostly fade away. I applied the same idea to tinnitus and it made it easier to deal with.

I've been using earbuds and headphones at probably not safe levels for 10 years of my life so far and the worst I have is the gentle sound of the ocean in very, very quiet rooms. I almost have to focus on it to even hear it.

I have both tinnitus and visual snow for as long as I remember, probably from birth. I only notice them if mentioned or sometimes if in complete silence, but it can be pretty damn loud. 99% percent of the time I just don't notice it since my brain has learned to ignore it.
Visual snow is odd. Most of the time it's just like constant colored TV static in my vision that gets worse the darker it is (just like tinnitus gets worse the more silent it is), but when it's pitch black and I do notice it then what happens is that I see random colorful shapes moving around, growing, shrinking, disappearing, joining together, etc. It reminds me of the pop culture portrayal of a psychedelic trip looks like (never done it so idk), or like a wacky music visualizer you used to have on Windows XP.

Attached: 6screenshots.jpg (299x145, 63K)

>don't wear headphones
This

And remember to wear earplugs to loud (think MBV) concerts

I hear a very faint hight pitched sound when I'm in a silent room. It's like after you've been to a concert and your ears are ringing but much lower. Is this normal or do I have tinnitus? Doesn't really bother me but I'd still like to be able to experience total silence. Can stuck ear wax cause this?

That's tinnitus, a mild case. Invest in earplugs, protect what's left of your hearing. Not even trolling.

Don't listen to full volume 24/7 like a fucking retard.
I mean didn't your ears start hurting when you turn the volume up too much? I know mine do.
That's your body/brain warning you to turn the music down to avoid permanent damage.
Fucking idiots.

Attached: 85485845.png (500x533, 66K)

>Grouper

Nice.
Hope you go megachad and regain your ear health user

Too bad, he was cute.

so I thought that light ringing noise was normal for people? I guess I have tinnitus or something because I can hear it now (if I concentrate on it) and it never bothers me. I have some nice closed earphones and sleep with shit playing almost every night. whatever

Attached: 1548442235346.jpg (1140x798, 140K)

How about headphones? I'm usually careful not to listen at high volume, but I don't think I can give up them completely.

Bruh i definitely lost half of my sensitivity at d.r.i. concert which was in one small bar , my ears were kill for three days

On a rather unrelated note - what is this sound that can be clearly heard inside one's head when it's quiet? Like a constant dial tone. My psychotherapist once mentioned that hearing it may be related to anxiety.

>what is this sound that can be clearly heard inside one's head when it's quiet? Like a constant dial tone
user...
WTF

I just wonder if it's tinnitus too, although it doesn't affect me at all and only emerges in total silence.

Tinnitus? No, I only hear whispers and voices of people telling me their secrets and encouraging me to commit various acts.

Stop drinking alcohol.

I feel like ive always had this

Tinnitus is much more common in people with sensorineural hearing loss than people with normal hearing, but not everyone with hearing loss has it and not everyone with tinnitus has hearing loss. Tinnitus is, however, a common early warning sign of hearing damage. If you're exposing yourself to lots of loud music or noise and develop tinnitus it's almost definitely caused by cochlear damage.

As far as damaging your hearing with music, it's not about how you listen (speakers, headphones, earbuds, live music, etc) it's about how loud and how long.

There was a study done in Sydney by National Acoustics where they stopped commuters and measured the SPL coming from their headphones, and found that the majority of people were listening at fairly safe levels. A similar study by a university somewhere in Europe (don't recall which atm) found the opposite, with most people listening at unsafe levels. If you have no idea what 85dB sounds like you should try to find a way, because that's considered just about the loudest exposure level that you can be confident is "safe" on a daily/near daily basis.

T. an Audiologist

Attached: decibel_exposure_chart.gif (600x393, 37K)

I'd like to add Tinnitus can also be caused by high blood pressure so get that checked out as well.

Tinnitus caused by vascular problems (high blood pressure, temporal arteritis, transient ischaemic attack, etc) is usually pulsatile and not a ringing (not always though). Tinnitus caused by hair cell damage tends to be tonal or buzzing. But nothing's ever 100% one thing or another.

Based and Vangoghpilled

Holy shit I hear it too sometimes
Especially when hearing something loud and then immediately silence

i've had my headphone volume at 30% for over 20 years

That is tinnitus

Is that visual snow common when you close your eyes and in when nearly total dark places? That sounds like something I've always experienced at those times. I've never minded it, just thought everyone had it.

What I don't get is why concerts are always played so fucking loud. Even with earplugs it seems too loud and while I'd hate to develop tinnitus I'd hate to stop going to certain concerts.

Having and complaining about tinnitus is maximum pleb.

I have tinnitus on my left ear and it's quite annoying when there's silence, but other than that it's no big deal. Though i'm pretty sure i got it from an infection and from accumulating wax with in ear headphones

I first got it at 21 after sleeping with an earplug that was in too deep, but I'm pretty sure by the time I was 24 it had gone away. Now I'm 25 and it's back, and I have no idea what triggered it.

We found him folks, the only guy on the internet with tinnitus who isn't a massive faggot pussy crybaby.

Feeling the bass in your body is a part of the experience and they don't want people to talk over the tunes.

I cannot hear any background noise no matter how hard I try, it's just silent.

Why do I only get tinnitus for 10 minutes after I wake up from sleep?

I got a pretty nasty eye-floater 5 months ago and now I don't see it unless I actively search for it.

>accumulating wax
is too much wax a bad thing? I was always under the impression that you shouldn't really remove too much wax from your ears.

I don't get how there isn't a loudness limit on concerts. It's a health risk.

"Too much" is too much my man

in normal quantities earwax doesn't suppose a risk, but if you build up a blockage it can cause earaches and temporary hearing loss

Where I live we have laws dictating the level of decibel you can have at a concert. It's not enough to prevent hearing damage but it can't fuck you up for just one show. Anyways, I've always had my alpine earplugs in for every show and all my friends complain afterwards but my ears are always fine. 26€ is not a high price for hearing insurance.

Born with tittinus dont give a fuck lmfao

I have tinnitus from earphones and metal concerts. No idea why anyone would kill themselves because of it. It's not that bad lol

Do you clench or have an over bite?

My tinnitus gets worse with coffee, weed or booze but it’s not really all that annoying. However, I was at a local show recently and this doom band 2 piece had a bass with 5 amps mic’d playing for about 50 people. It was honestly pretty sad that he felt like he needed that much volume. I realize that doom shows are like that but it’s so fucking dumb.

It’s derivative music too. Just blow the ears out as quickly as possible so we don’t have to hear it anymore.

Wow, I've just realized I haven't experienced these visuals for a long while. I must have traded it for sleep paralysis lol

I got a fuckload of visual noise thanks to all the psychedelics I've binged on over the years and it's not even funny how bad it gets at nighttime sometimes, but it's not as bad as it could be.

Attached: EChtQUDXoAE_p3n.jpg (618x1098, 62K)

There is some hope

lenire.ie/