Girl at college asks me what my hobbies are

>Girl at college asks me what my hobbies are
>tell her I like listening to music and then namedrop some Yea Forumscore bands
>she hasn't heard of any of them before and thinks i'm weird now

Attached: file.png (542x602, 53K)

>thinks you're weird for listening to bands she doesn't know
Looks like you dodged a bullet there, user.

Big mistake. Name drop some popular shit you're at least slightly into like Tame Impala or something. Which ones did you name drop in particular?

The Smiths
Captain Beefheart
New Order
Slowdive

protip: don't give a shit about what a girl thinks. If she thinks you're weird, be weird.

so you want a gf who likely unironically has "live laugh love" shit on their wall?

anyone who gets weirded out by the most mild of obscure entertainment is not worth a millisecond of your time. they are empty shells

>Captain Beefheart
lmao you fucking autist why would you do that to yourself?

Attached: 1563722112943.jpg (398x376, 37K)

>beefheart
u fucked up here

good taste user

Here's what she was thinking:
>Captain Beefheart
>ew that sounds gross
>New Order
>is he a nazi
>Slowdive
>sounds like a depressed loser who isn't going to make a lot of money when he grows up
Don't show your cards next time champ. Find out what she likes. Express your superiority in a subtle fashion, and let her chase you.

TMR has universal acclaim so I thought I was safe

Attached: ratings.png (292x197, 12K)

i met a girl on a dating app in october, and everything was going extremely smoothly for MONTHS until we began to discuss our tastes in music. she said she was into shit like cage the elephant and ski mask, and i name dropped stratosphere by duster. she said she listened to it, and she gradually began to call off our meetups until she ghosted me altogether. i don’t get it

Attached: F532FBC1-B7A9-46EE-A8B1-717AC7B7A615.gif (400x502, 269K)

this is autism in action

its shit music

>she said she listened to it
Why did she listen to it, user? Did you ask her to listen to it? If so, I can see why she checked out.

>TMR has universal acclaim so I thought I was safe
user, I...

Attached: 1563497699303.png (724x746, 666K)

ok but i also suggested citrus, the asobi seksu album

Attached: 796A5068-09A0-4DDC-8F1A-71F0007ADB7C.gif (1277x758, 66K)

yeah she asked me to listen to her favorites and i suggested duster

Girls arent deep. They want dixk, easy money, easy fun, and a guy to take care of them

Stop giving her suggestions, as if you're looking for her approval.

>beefheart
jeeeesus. other three aren't bad mentions to a casual girl, but that one is so terrible.

Develop your own taste dipshit.
TMR is fucking garbage.

Your music taste doesn't matter actually. You could listen to Vidya weeb shit and you would still be cool if you are this guy

Attached: 85b.png (700x902, 314K)

Bad move. You have this backwards. You don't win a girl over with your taste in music. A girl only cares about your taste in music after she's fallen for you.

oh to be 19 again and think that girls care about anything other than face, frame, height, status

what blissful ignorance

Honestly, a casual girl doesn't know any of those names, so I don't see why Captain Beefheart is so much worse, other than the weird name.

yeah but that guy only exists in a technical sense, as i’m sure you know. he’s photoshopped to shit for the sake of “art” or in an attempt to make a statement or something

this user is right
just name drop shit you like that is at least fairly popular and maybe a couple things that aren’t very well-known but are very accessible
like, for instance, i would probably mention something like nirvana for the well-known artist and then something like elliott smith for a lesser known, but still accessible artist

>citrus, the asobi seksu album
what in the actual fuck, eat some goddamn steak wtf is wrong with you, listen to something with some GODDAMN BALLS AND YA MIGHT ACTUALLY LEARN SOMETHIN AND GET UR DICK SUCKED U FUCKIN RETARD

Smiths maaaaaaybe

FPBP

well fuck. she’s a cutie too, i really shat the bed this time

Attached: AF2A8F65-2E0A-4FB7-AB52-8DD18DF764B8.jpg (1242x1068, 156K)

lmao everyone's shitting on you my man and i almost fucked up too
>listening to music
>girlfriend asks what i'm listening to
>mention beefheart and me knowing she'd check him out mention some shit like he's weird and doesn't sound that good to save my ass
>she actually does check out a few songs and tell me that she wants to listen to a whole album
>ask if she's fucking with me, and when i find out she isn't recommend safe as milk
>she loves it and decides to go for clear spot and then dives straight into TMR
>user it sounds weird but i kinda like it
>tfw she's been listening to him for the past week
>tfw she likes fucking trout mask replica

OP is a mess, but I don't understand dudes like you who give these softball answers, as if you're afraid of being noticed or singled out in any way.

Is that her? She has a septum piercing. You didn't shit the bed. You dodged a bullet.

yeah she’s definitely gone a bit overboard with the piercings at this point

Attached: 10EB0556-E408-4F92-A386-7A71E81417B6.jpg (1242x2108, 536K)

how is that me being afraid to be singled out
I said i’d also mention a lesser known artist, but i’d keep it as something accessible that she’s more likely to enjoy
im not going to namedrop cop shoot cop or pearls before swine or some shit unless i have specific reason to believe she may enjoy it

this

holy shit she has a receding hairline

that's a fucking sixhead at this point lmao

is she jewish?

is that a granny tranny in the background

ugly

She doesn't think you're weird. Stop fucking pretending the world is as retarded as disney movies make it out to be. If she doesn't know them she probably won't listen to them unless you ask her to. And nobody will think anything because of your music taste unless you want them to or listen to obviously satanic or nazi stuff.

Namedrop anal cunt to get her anal cunt wet

When I list artists that I like, I'm not making recommendations. However, if a girl asks, I don't give any real answer, at least not until after I know what she likes. And even then, I usually don't tell a girl what I like. She'll find out if she goes on a date with me. Otherwise, why would I give a fuck? She's not going to fall in love with me for my taste in music. In the rare case where a girl actually has good taste, you can strike up a good conversation, but those girls are seldom good dating material, unless you're in the game for pump and dumps.

This, literally just tell them you like Tame Impala and every liberal arts college chick will be on your dick

but I hate tame impala