How did he make such a come back after years of shitty, uninspired albums, Yea Forums?

How did he make such a come back after years of shitty, uninspired albums, Yea Forums?

Attached: bw.png (747x752, 464K)

his movie soundtracks are good, so is How to Destroy Angels

as was hesitation marks and year zero.
Slip and Teeth are the odd ones out, far too much alt rocky bullshit

>The Slip
>bad in any way
Wew.

The trilogy is good because he started off by imagining himself getting addicted to drugs again, and also his friend Bowie died, and finally he had the crushing realisation that humanity is doomed which led to BW.

Exactly, The Slip is fucking amazing, it's everything you'd want in NIN.

It's really interesting to see how the stuff going on in the background affected each of the EPs, the first EP has clear anger and paranoia behind it, due to that imagination.
Add Violence is the most melancholic out of the three, mostly brought over by the death of Bowie, even has a song about it on there.
Bad Witch just goes crazy.
It's a return to form if I've ever seen one.

It was only mid lasr year I started going through his discography, and I completely disagree. Hesitation has some great songs but is mostly faux dance shit, kept getting bored. Year Zero has like 3 decent tracks but beyond that sound either uninspired or him trying to rip off Mezzanine. With Teeth is the one I can't stop coming back to. Just consistently great songs. Even "Only" which imo has the most poorly written lyrics of any NIN song at least has a pretty great instrumental.

What about The Slip?
Also Only's lyrics are pretty great, you should listen to Pretty Hate Machine for some awful lyrics, as much as I love that album

Based The Slip posters. The chaddest and rawest NIN album.

>year zero
>uninspired
>ripping off mezzanine
This is the worst opinion I've ever seen on Yea Forums. What the fuck dude.

Haven't listen to Slip yet. I've listened to Pretty Hate Machine and for some reason my brain won't let me associate it with NIN. I wouldn't be suprised if Trent regrets even releasing it under the NIN brand.

but the three were shit

Year Zero is fucking awesome man. Easily his third best album no doubt and the best thing he did in the 2000s

If you ignore the vocals tracks like Me I'm Not, Violent Heart, and Zero Sum all stand out as sounding like if Mezzanine was made later for a younger audience. To me The Greater Good sounds like it could be a Massive Attack song even with the vocals.

Dude you should really check out Massive Attack. Start with Mezzanine, it's a great trip hop album. Blue Lines is also pretty good, but with more soul influences. Protection is alright, i like the dub influences on it but the actual songs are just ok. Heligoland is extremely underrated btw.

>best thing he did in the 2000s
but he made the slip

I've listened to every song of theirs

This Isn't The Place may be the saddest thing he has ever done for me.

if you think year zero sounds like massive attack then clearly not

Read what I said again. I never said the album as an entirity sounds like massive attack. I even clarified in a later reply the specific songs I was talking about.

>dance shit
the album is rhythmic, what an amazing criticism

>Trent and Atticus are making a Pixar score now

hesitation marks is his best work since the downward spiral

It's fucking surreal I know.

I would agree, but The Trliogy is really making this difficult to agree with.
Especially after releasing his darkest material since The Fragile. with NIN

Everything is a good song

No, it's a great song.

What is it about The Slip being the coolest album? I am just imagining some cool son of a bitch with sunglasses walking around slowly in an urban area when I listen to it.

all nin albums are great.

1,000,000 sure is a fucking song. Especially the rehearsal version, listen to how he shouts

The fact that it's followed by Letting You is even fucking cooler, one of my favorite NIN songs, the rehearsal is also absolutely crazy.

gray would be the color... IF I HAD A HEART