Les or Strat

Which do you prefer and why?

Attached: Stratocaster-vs-Les-Paul2-e1485977278843.jpg (478x373, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0HverpZglWB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Having owned both I prefer my LP. Sounds better and is more fun to play.

LP always the patrician’s choice. Arched top for easier tremolo picking. Heavier wood so takes far more testosterone to operate properly

Neither. Jackson is GOAT.

I'm too poor to own a les paul

jazzmaster

SG

guess what

btw, tele >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> strat

Attached: 73E7B59F-555F-4D04-8068-B1DA0594D9E6.jpg (3264x2448, 1.93M)

I prefer the LP's fat sound and ergonomics, but the latter might simply be because that's what I'm used to. It's the shape that I like though, I don't give a shit about Gibson or Epiphone. Give me an LP with a hot whammy bar hacked into it and I'll be in heaven.

icyman

this

i like paulas these remind me of a tiny coffee table.

Who agrees with me that flying Vs are uncomfortable as all hell to use?

Stratocaster. Better ergonomics, better sound. Also not ugly.

meme guitar for kevin shields wannabes

They're uncomfortable for sure, but assuming they've got dirty fingers in them, you could probably level a building with one.

Who the fuck chooses strat over tele?

Superstrat

the les paul is such an unwieldy overpriced piece of shit you'll get some street cred from hipsters who think you're playing it ironically

This tbqh

tele

Tele unironically better than both. Plug and play in the studio or live and cut through the mix. Les Paul sounds muffly and Strat sounds piercing. Both are over engineered crap.

Les Paul all the way.

Strat. Double cutaway is more comfortable.

i have a tele and its the only thing ill use but i like strats better. maybe cause mine's an HH

WHat a stupid fucking thread any guitarist worth his salt will have both, fuck your mother

ding ding ding. its not a tele bud. you have a trap guitar.

i was asking what you prefer not which one would you only have retard

This is true. But the main problem I've found with every Strat or Strat styled guitar I've played is that they simply sound way too thin to my ears.

If you are talking about mass produced shit from today, the answer is Fender. If you are talking about prime examples of each the answer is Les Paul. When they get them right they are fantastic. Ive played maybe 3 good les pauls from the 60s' 70's rest were trash. Best les pauls were made by ghostbuilders.

Tele with a coil split bridge humbucker

stop complicating shit asshole. the tele was perfect when released. it and the p bass are literally on 80% of recordings ever made.

Strat all the way. LP sounds great but its a bitch to play.

Found the megadeth fan

Vintage spec strat.

Get with the times grandpa, all the kids have humbuckers and active preamps on their basses.

strat, it is encouraged to do things to it and really make it your own
people buy a les paul and don't do anything to it

for me, it's the telly

Yes. This is what the market is selling now because there are too many P basses on the market. You can just buy used. No need to make more so there are new flavours of the month, but as a tool the P bass is still being used in studio

In a live setting, i've found that it's way easier to cut through a mix with a p/j

I practice rhythm on my Tele and lead on my LP. They're so fun to play beefy riffs on.

Go to an inner city music store and haggle like a madman.

More like jizzmaster

Studios like Yamaha basses I've noticed.

I'm in a band now and the other guitar player plays a Tele so I should get a Les Paul because I'm currently playing a Strat. Are Les Pauls good for Radiohead tier pedal fuckery and all that texture shit?

>Are Les Pauls good for Radiohead tier pedal fuckery and all that texture shit?
quite the opposite
teles are good for that

thissss

Well the other guy already plays a tele through a synth. I think I'm going to be stuck playing riffs and chords, well I look cooler anyway.

Are the pickups like a Pbass, JBass, hybrid or bartoloni/music man? The brand isnt as important as the pickup config. Yamaha have better quality control than the big names who are shitting out tons of product at every price point. I dont think this discussion is as much about brands as it is design or the choice would be obviously Ibanez over both gibson and fender.

>Pickup Configuration
>Active/Passive
>Long/Short Scale
All you need to know

comfiest guitar

>Lez Paul
I seriously thought that's what it said while skimming the title.

I've always hated strats until I found the right one. Got a mid-80s MIJ Contemporary Strat in a trade and it kicks the asses of any other strat or Les Paul I've had.

Attached: japstrat.jpg (3024x4032, 1.84M)

>getting boomer guitars
Take the extended-range pill

maybe if they didnt all look like shit

Attached: bd8ct-18s-m-fv-bl_a.png (1066x1600, 254K)

I hope you didnt pay/trade more than $300 US in value

LP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yeah I don't get what with the new designs, makes me think of how running shoes now need to be as hideous as possible.
Got one like pic related and looks nice (although sounds like shit)

Attached: s-l640.jpg (640x640, 18K)

Nah, I traded a Squier VM 5 String Jazz Bass for it. Well worth it for a fujigen made strat

Literally worthless meme

Even when more traditional body styles are used for extended range guitars its always marketed and designed for metal shit.

Attached: SGDS7EBBC1_MAIN_HERO_01.jpg (1400x662, 191K)

It's normal, do you see any old people play with this kind of guitars? They either have to make them all black for the depressed kids or colorful and headless for the iphone addicts.
My first guitar over 200€ had inlays with crosses not because I was a goth piece of shit but because everything that wasn't a fender had this design.

>Squier VM 5 String Jazz Bass
good trade some people ask 600 for contemp

yeah, the dude thought it was an MiM but the tremolo, 22 frets, and "FENDER JAPAN" stamped on the back of the tuners were a dead giveaway that it wasn't just another mim.

Teles with lace sensors

Teles mog every other guitar, not even close

Strat : most inconic guitar, more versatile, comfier to play

LP : beefier sound

the choice is pretty simple

Strat with a Hot Rail in the bridge. Does Les Paul gain and Fender cleans

Yup a telecaster.

Hot rail sounds like shit, worst of both worlds, regular strat bridge is better

>Shit or more expensive shit
I prefer shit, but both are shit

I own a Les Paul and a Telecaster. The Strat is just so ubiquitous and boring and it just feels like a cluttered, contoured Telecaster to me. So I guess Les Paul but my real answer is Telecaster

But the telecaster is more ubiquitous and boring than the strat...

>jazzmaster

Attached: 1566167884567s.jpg (75x124, 2K)

But sois play teles now

Throw a series mod in a tele and it does what an LP does

Attached: Clarence_Clarity_-_NO_NOW.jpg (1000x1000, 888K)

The Fox of Wet Blankets enters the thread.

Instead of participating in thread discussion, this fox just wants to point out that you're currently at the edge of the board and about to die. =^_^=

Attached: Laura.png (189x274, 75K)

What is the advantage of Tele over these 2?

There is just something about where the frequencies sit that it doesnt interfere with other instruments. Ive owned over 200 guitars. When you record its nice to have options but my bunk ass squier tele still cuts through and doesnt need eq live and in studio. It just is what it is. Its nice having cool looking guitars but after a break and returning to tele the difference really is astronomical.

>Ive owned over 200 guitars
this just means you're an absolute fucking retard but its funny that you tried to use it to flex

Attached: soycaster1.jpg (1024x768, 338K)

Why is buying and selling guitars for profit retarded?

Thats a trap guitar. I know this is Yea Forums but... teles have single coils. Thats just a les paul in a dress.

>Why is buying and selling hammers for profit retarded?
because guitars are tools used to make music with. but we've already established that you're an absolute fucking retard so let's just leave it there shall we

Never liked the Les Paul, so I guess we'll have to go with the Strat. I've also never liked the Telecaster.

The best classic guitar though, is the flying V. Once you get used to sitting in classical position, you will understand why metalheads love their stars and Vs. By far, the most comfortable way to play guitar sitting down.

Not as random or as clumsy as a Strat; an elegant instrument for a more civilized age.

Attached: Gibson-Les-Paul.jpg (2160x2160, 196K)

LP is for trannies

Attached: 1395647658369.jpg (1028x526, 85K)

And by far the most uncomfortable guitar to play standing up, unless you stand like a triple fag.

Seething. You know out there someone is a millionaire from buying and selling hammers. Get off your ass and do something with your life. So jealous and it shows. Also I bet you havent made a penny playing music stop repeating what you heard G E SMith say in one of your little youtube videos

Also he plays teles so youre a pleb on infinite levels.

Les Paul is the Chad of guitars. Strats are comfortable to play but the range of sounds you can get from them is limited.

What? I own a Gibson Flying V, and it is comfortable as FUCK standing up. Absolutely 0 neck dive whatsoever. I also own a Ibanez Xiphos, which is super comfy to both sit and stand with, and I own an Epiphone Explorer, which is neither, but it looks cool.

lol i'm sorry you wanted to play guitar but weren't good enough so you had to find some alternative way to involve yourself with the musicians you aspired to be

>yes, I play strats exclusively, how did you know?

Attached: rs-181768-179564604.jpg (2216x3000, 3.35M)

wrong. Next youll say I didnt make it as a musician and have a useless degree and am broke. Seethe more. I know its difficult to see that there are people out there that are just better than you at everything.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 9.55.22 AM.png (2388x1066, 2.39M)

Where's the strap button on yours and does it have a pencil neck? I have a V myself, and the neck dive is terrible unless you set it so high that it's touching your chin or put the lower part of the V between your legs. I do agree about it being amazing to play sat down though.
I find Explorers pretty comfortable sitting down, and slightly less prone to neck dive while standing.

Interesting. I own the 2019 Satin black V, and it just sits perfectly for what I want. I guess maybe sone people would find it a little high for their taste (at least those people who lower their strap to their belt) but it certainly isn't touching my chin.

Also, I guess I should metion that my explorer is some artist model called the Apparition, but it dives worse than any guitar I've ever owned, I think I'm gonna move the straplock up a bit and see if it fixes it. Also replace the pickups because it has EMG Actives and they sound terrible.

>Next youll say I didnt make it as a musician and have a useless degree and am broke
lmao i didn't even have to, you're so insecure because it's true that you went ahead and confirmed it yourself

Les Paul > Tele > SG > Jazzmaster > Explorer > Strat w/o pickguard > strat > shit > "heavy" guitars > bizarre modern designs that make no sense

Nope, just all haters parrot the same shit cause they are uncreative in every regard of their lives. Youre just that predictable. Post yourself playing. I already know you will not. Seethe more.

Here Ill even go first.
vocaroo.com/i/s0HverpZglWB
Can you get through a basic blues progression?
Lets hear ya!

Start had the geekiest shape, LP has the hourglass shape of a woman.

the best part isn't that you got so asshurt because someone dared to tell you the truth, its that you legitimately think this this shitty vocaroo is also a flex. pure gold

Play. I have nothing to hide. You opened your big mouth saying stupid shit. Im quite content owning my little shop buying and selling guitars, teaching and shit posting on 4 chan. Play. Play a blues. Youre a player, so lets hear it. My playing isnt good here is your chance to put me in my place. Press record and show us a little improve takes literally no effort.

depeds on what I'm doing retard.
but the strat sits better in my hand than most LP necks. Their tones are also kinda close.
Most guitarists who hold strats also hold LPs while tele players use 335s

>I have nothing
going on at all. exactly

Didn't he play both a strat and a les paul on Siamese Dream or some shit? I'm pretty sure I heard he layered both like 5 times on that album to make it sound that huge. That and a big muff.

Play. I'm an idiot for owning 200 guitars. Youre right. Lets hear who is behind this authoritative opinion. Play or just admit your a small little man who has to talk big on internet because he didnt have the discipline to accomplish anything in his life and has to spew hatred. Also teles are the best guitars. What are you exactly offering to the conversation and the world around you?

there's a reason you got so emotional bud and it ain't because i was wrong

I would like to remind you two that successful, adjusted people do not carry on like this.

Not emotional and the only thing you said was I am not a player. I say this without any emotion and I know people tend to exaggerate on the internet but what I am about to say is with some empathy towards you and I think you need to hear it: You are a pathetic person. Accept it and then make the changes necessary to turn your life around. You can't be very happy if this is how you are choosing to cope with your life.

lol its too late my guy, you've already made a complete and total fool of yourself

The thinking man's choice.

Attached: 46921989_396471167794951_3862874309413138153_n.jpg (1080x767, 63K)

youre a bully. a pathetic bully. how many anons have you abused today? how many have you discouraged from doing something that is challenging. Im just standing up to a bully. now play. you have the attention you so dearly crave.

Ah, with the angles and strap button placement on that Apparition, I'm not surprised the neck dives. The lower part gets much closer to the strings than a regular Explorer as well, which would make it worse to play sitting down. I don't think ergonomics had very high priority when they designed that one.
The strap buttons are different on my V. I'll try moving them to where they are on yours, and see if that helps. Cheers.

>exclusively
umm, sorry sweetie.
I remember when he was shilling Gibson robot tuners

Attached: jtOz6qK.png (640x480, 233K)

an now youre the weak one in the exchange

Strat, got both. LP gets more alone time, always strat with da band

Attached: 1566258696537.png (600x600, 170K)

I'd go for the strat, simply because the tunomatic bridge is uncomfortable to me

He isn't being emotional though; he's putting you in your place for being a retard criticizing someone who likes selling guitars (which reeks of distressed contrarian teenager) and you're seething at this point.

Now play a sick riff, faggot
t. Different user tired of your shit

You're a good person, God bless you.

Just wanted to let you know.