String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>stringtensionpro.com
Music theory:
>musictheory.net/lessons
Guitar Maintenance and other information:
>frudua.com/guitar_craftpedia_en.html
Why is my guitar buzzing?
>frets.com/FretsPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
>mega.nz/#F!v2oQgKhB!5nEaeUD8xxQYO8ipUoViqw

Previously on /gg/:

Attached: O616OLCt.jpg (512x512, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RkvNmBBq9WE
vocaroo.com/i/s0jUUfYa3ce2
youtu.be/oZLG9MV5GvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PY5wCAqY-ek
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Best dadrock songs to learn for beginner?

Attached: bfb.gif (750x400, 122K)

What is your opinion on Peter Hook?

Attached: Peter-Hook.jpg (640x400, 149K)

suck my dick faggot

Suggest me a high end neck pickup. No bareknuckles or meme more duncans

Injector neck is pretty spicy. I like Cool Rails, too, but it's SD.

Stop spamming

pm me your address faggot

My bad but it has to be bucker sized.

The only non-stock HB neck I've used is the Perpetual Burn one. It's pretty good.

buy a t top off ebay.

I wish they had taught us how to sing moveable do solfege in music class in school.

>he can't afford a Gibson, the only guitar which is good enough, because he spent all of his money on Professor Edward J. Fuzzworthy's Gentlemans Beard Gloss Shampoo

Attached: laughinghimawari.gif (203x240, 50K)

I can afford several Gibsons but I choose not to because of their terrible quality control (made by niggers) and inflated price. Just because you don't buy something doesn't mean you can't buy something. Use you're brain, retard, and make your own decisions.

A $1000 Fender or Ibanez will sound miles better and won't break into pieces if you look at it wrong.

>mod banned spamfag
>other thread suddenly loses 40 posts

kek

Attached: 1565836283578.jpg (804x1024, 202K)

why are les paul style guitars so kino?

Attached: tokai.jpg (758x1024, 266K)

Flying V guy here, my Jazzmaster comes Wednesday.

Attached: 1536198288109.jpg (4000x4000, 1.2M)

sorry for posting this in the older thread
is it possible to only learn guitar online?
also justin guitar is just acoustic right? is that ok for me with a electric?

Yes to both

Anyone here have experience with online lessons? Is it difficult you get yourself set up for it (microphone, camera, lighting, etc)? Is there anything to watch out for in selecting a teacher? Anything you wish you knew beforehand?

that's fucking awful, go in person. they cant correct bad habits over a camera

also its just fuckin weird

Get ready for nuke

Lmfao anyone see that 3 piece 1976 les paul custom on normans rare guitars

I live in a rural area. I'd have to drive a couple hours each way for that, it's not really feasible.

I've heard that online lessons can be very useful, though I've never had any myself. Just make sure you have enough room to practice and your camera/mic aren't too shit.

dire straits - sultans of swing
eagles - hotel california
srv - mary had a little lamb
solos will be tricky for a beginner but the rest is fun and easy

>imagine not being american

Attached: 20190825_151506(1).jpg (2534x1973, 909K)

>is it possible to only learn guitar online?
How exactly do you think people learned, before the internet?

You want to get those martin milar lessons don't you, squidward?

It confused me too but I think he meant the opposite, as in is it possible to learn the guitar using only online resources and lessons, the answer of course being yes.

Attached: 9143523_f520.jpg (520x365, 39K)

people meme about it but Smoke on the Water is a great song that everybody learning guitar should play
then when you learn about the PENTATONIC SCALE you can play it over this song and it'll blow your mind

I'd be happy if 99% of players would learn the whole fucking song, not just the riff.

Scorpions - Rock You Like A Hurricane

This is a good one to learn, it's harder than most think, especially if you try to get the solos down. Mattias is a somewhat underrated player.

Best fill player I've ever heard. People could learn a lot from him and Elliot Easton too.

For Michsel Schenker, its Dean.

Attached: Michael_schenker-1448660150.jpg (2048x1365, 1.8M)

Only Gibson is good enough

Attached: f5a3e1921d9f8ee619239f9c9d95704c.jpg (1152x900, 112K)

Easton is amazing. He puts a ton of thought into everything he does. But he's not a shredder, so he gets ignored.

Dean. 'nuff said

Attached: 20190514-103.jpg (960x650, 172K)

Someone say my name?

Attached: 370ecff9789200ecc3a2ed1f9430129c.jpg (239x251, 17K)

That's probably a Dommenget

Sustaniac Stealth Pro

I'd bet that picture is before they started having guitars made by him. He had a signature explorer made for him by Gibson, that's smaller, he's talked about it many times. I think the Dommen is a "tribute" to that guitar.

Fuwa Fuwa Time

Im pretty sure he stopped using gibson because they wouldn't adhere to his customization.

It was an Explorer 90

hi nibbas

Attached: squaaaaaaaaaaad.jpg (4032x3024, 1.82M)

one more

Attached: dim pony.jpg (4032x3024, 3.52M)

why am i so lonely and depressed

Attached: 1564626750814.jpg (302x341, 10K)

Cause you're posting on /gg/ on a Sunday evening

no u

What are the best non-gay guitar colors?

White

red fiesta

Black
Sunburst
Natural

Black white natural and scary cherry

american vintage burst commonly mistaken as tobacco burst.

Like this?

Attached: 20190417_120128(1).jpg (1851x2702, 1.62M)

that's a beautiful burst and a great wood-match

Attached: 69399459_10162450684670556_2237784107037753344_n.jpg (540x960, 96K)

Proud Mary-Creedence Clearwater Revival
Night Moves-Bob Seger
Lola-the Kinks
Anarchy in the UK-Sex Pistols
Just What I Needed-The Cars.
Knockin’ In Heaven’s Door-Bob Dylan/GNR
Heroin-Velvet Underground.

Gibson P-94. You can thank me later.

>Professor Edward J. Fuzzworthy's Gentlemans Beard Gloss Shampoo gets him laid
>a Gibson doesn’t.
At least you tried.

A billion different Neil Young songs. Powderfinger is a good cowboy chord one with a simple melodic riff at the end of each chorus and simple soloing.
Can't You See - Marshall Tucker Band
Dead Flowers - Rolling Stones
The Weight - The Band
Basically shit with simple cowboy chord progressions. I used to have a bunch of friends where I used to live who were all amateur musicians and when we'd get together and jam these are the kind of songs we'd play because most of them sucked, but we had fun anyways.

None of these guitars are adequate.
>Professor Edward J. Fuzzworthy's Gentlemans Beard Gloss Shampoo lets him get women to let him lick their feet while they get fucked by their boyfriend
FTFY

Gimme some suggestions, /gg/.

I already got a MIA Strat. What should be the next electric guitar I get?

Attached: r263TA0.jpg (620x930, 144K)

went to GC today to test out some gear. the rep was a cute girl and she followed me around and watched my play. I know it was only because she wanted to be the one to ring me and get the commission, but it was still comfy having a pretty girl watch me play and spend time with me for a little while

Attached: 1566351950929.jpg (916x1173, 229K)

Sherwood green, sonic blue, fiesta red, sunburst, Olympic white

Attached: 1554200090047.jpg (1900x1308, 1.16M)

MIA reissue strat

Something with humbuckers or P-90's. No point in getting another Fender-style single-coil guitar unless you just have a boner for a Tele or something.

So I went to guitar center and tried out a premium ibanez and, I think liked it. It was easy to pick up, and hard to put down.

Anyone here familiar with ibanez basses, the Sr series premiums?

Attached: 20150322_153457_zpstyy3esdw.jpg (1024x576, 148K)

Ive been looking at gibsons, but what kind

Firebird V

Yup, that's the one.

Attached: IMG_20190824_123649.jpg (1334x750, 92K)

freaky, I was just demoing a 2018 firebird a week or two ago. I loved the 24" tapering neck, it felt faster than my strat.

What about it?

I had no idea who I was even replying to, I just saw someone ask what Gibson they should get and named my favorite one. I still maintain that you should get a reissue strat

Les Paul, obviously.
Then get a Tele and you'll never need another electric guitar again, unless you're a manchild into metal.

Low-end Ibanezs are pretty wack but you get a ton of bang-for-your-buck with the mid and high-end ones.

no
yes

Another user of taste. I have this in the neck position on my LP.

Cant tell if sarcastic

>Gibson trannies can't play metal
>Can only play smoke on the water opening on the E string

Attached: 1560161001350.png (273x252, 85K)

Can ypu give me a good audio example?

Dean ml

>/gg/
>Shills for gibson
>Posting playing

Good one.

Ill accept gibson pickup shilling. But gibson kes pauls are for divorced boomers and trannies. Mid life crisis: the guitar

No.

This. The Firebird is the best Gibson. 335s and 339s are cool too.

Maybe

I don't have sex with men

I don't know

I don't know

How do Gretsch semi hollows hold up against 335s?

Can you repeat the question?

What was the question?

There's a huge range of Gretsch semi hollows so it depends. In the intermediate price range it's a toss up but I'd rather have a cheap Gretsch than an Epiphone

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW

Id say the 335 is the best.

>i dont have sex
Ftfy

>have sex
ftfy

Who here owns a lot of guitars but sucks at playing?

Sambo
Jcope
(You)

That's a valid opinion.

is that Jonesy doing his Gene Simmons impersonation?

/gg/ aka /geargeneral/
Any fellow poorfags here?
At least we can focus on practicing instead of circlejerking over the best gear lol

I wish I could practice but I hurt my hand dumpster diving behind a Guitar Centre.

No not me, I only have 3 basses. I'm pretty gud. I can literally play anything if it's not slapp

Jonesy? Steve jones?

post vocaroo i want to hear something funky

Meant for
Also
Prove it. I have a song for you

Lol

Yeah I thought it looks like him but I don't think it is.

This cyborg rabbit is said to come from the year 2300 to save boomer music from its death with the help of the old guitarists and young singers from this era. Do you think he can do it?
youtube.com/watch?v=RkvNmBBq9WE

Attached: ironbunny.jpg (1080x1080, 147K)

What's everyones favorite fuzzes? Mines the Analogman sunFace bc109b and nkt red dot.

>Japanese cyborg guitar rabbits

Attached: 1566782820522.png (91x138, 24K)

I used to have a white dot Sunlion which I bought new way back when. Sold it for around $700, made around $400 in profit off it.
I like my $30 chinese silicon fuzz better, desu. The sound doesn't change with the temperature.

What's with the contrarians here all picking the tele over the strat?

I don't think contrarianism necessarily has anything to do with it. It has a distinctly different sound.

How the fuck is that contrarian

Contrarian is buying an Ibanez and embarking on a mission to be the best blues player in the world.

>Contrarian is buying an Ibanez and embarking on a mission to be the best blues player in the world.
I mean, it could totally be done with an EQ pedal and by raising the action so you can do big bends without your fingers ending up on top of the neighboring strings.
You'd need to be really good at EQ, though.

strat trems have poor tuning stability and kill the tone
strat neck pickups are too harsh
strats have too many pickups
quack is a bad sound
the headstock is too big
the body contours like to slide around on your leg, a gutiar only needs a belly cut and a contour for the arm
you can't spell "american strat" without "trans"

>you'd need to be really good at EQ to play blues with a bright snappy HH guitar

no, not really

>bright snappy HH guitar
Your typical Ibanez has muddy overwound pickups.

Is what Greenwood does with delay pedals on Loop and Present Tense and Identikit, etc an original thing? (playing a few notes and the delay adds the rest to make a melody? I really want to get on that shit, but don't tell me hacks like The Edge also use that effect on the same way

mine has EMGs. bright and snappy.

What kind of music should strats be used for?

>strat trems have poor tuning stability
They don't if they're properly setup, and if you take steps to minimize string friction. Jeff Beck wanks on his strat trem all concert long without going out of tune, largely because the trem is set up right and he uses a roller nut.
>strat neck pickups are too harsh
You know, sometimes you want a harsh, trebly tone. I know it's a Tele, but see: the iconic Sympathy for the Devil solo.
>strats have too many pickups
>quack is a bad sound
Fair points. Middle pickups and two-pickup pickup positions are dogshit.

funk only

Boomer blues

Strat neck pickup is the ultimate blues tone.

No, not your shoe polish burst

>. I know it's a Tele, but see: the iconic Sympathy for the Devil solo.
That was played on a Black Beauty Les Paul

But those are the only things worth playing. What are the tele autists playing?

"muddy" means "not enough treble to play western swing" to me

like "no soul" means "hey that's not blues! fuck off yank!"

country or jazz

>johnny gaywood
head on back to re.ddit any time faggot

Where are the fenders that come from the factory with roller nuts

Country can be alright but jazz is shit.
Western swing is good too.

That makes sense, because that's what people mean when they say them.

>jazz is shit

Attached: 1379054047442.png (250x250, 88K)

I'll prove it when I get the time tmrw mark my words

now this is contrarianism

can you explain why without resorting to the virgin vs. chad meme or some variant of it

Sauce? I found this:
>The brittle tone makes many suspect Richards plays a Fender Telecaster on its bridge pickup, but he’s most likely using a three-pickup ’57 Les Paul Custom. The Custom is generally viewed as a warm-sounding instrument, but it can be bright in some circumstances—such as playing it through a treble-boost pedal, as Richards almost certainly does here.

The Jeff Beck model, obviously.

les paul players have also been known to wire their guitars so the neck and bridge pickups were out of phase and install series/parallel switching push-pull pots to retain humbucking but get a thin single coil-like tone (which is what fender's so called noiseless pickups are)

It's also a two point trem instead of a six point trem, so that helps with the tuning stability, although you can always improve a six point trem's stability by loosening the middle four screws.

You can improve a six point trem by using locking saddles instead of lodging the ball ends in the sustain block.

>Sauce?
There's a movie about them recording that song and Keith is playing the solo a few times before recording it, on the Les Paul. There's not actual footage of the take that was used but there's no way he didn't play that guitar. The trebly thing probably comes from the pedal and Eddie Kramer going wild on the booth

okay guys here's how we fix strats

>tremolo rests on two posts instead of six
>little screws lock the strings against the saddles
>put clamps over the nut so the strings stay in place
>add two more frets
>flatter fretboard like a proper guitar, and a lower action
>add on another string maybe
>pickups that don't buzz
>make the body smaller and don't round the treble side of it so it stays on your leg better

any other ideas?

make it pointy so you can stab the drummer when he changes the tempo

i always wanted to stab my drummer but my headstock is too round and friendly, so i've had to resort to just clobbering him instead

That's not fixing a Strat, that's turning a Strat into a wank machine for 15 year olds who wear all black.

It's not 2004 anymore man, they all grew up to be youtube shredders.

and the strat was just a downgraded telecaster

>no dude i need another pickup or i can't play guitar

Does anyone play normal strats anymore except indie hipsters who wish they were old people and actual old people?

Kansas - Dust in The Wind
AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirty Cheap
Pink Floyd - Is There Anybody Out There

Only blueschads, other than that I don't think so. it's wierd, growing up I always thought the stratocaster was the most popular guitar.

the guitar industry diversified so much that people are growing up in a world without one specific design from one specific brand being "THE guitar for (xyz)" or "THE guitar, period".

in the mid 20th century yeah, you played a strat, or you played a les paul, and if you were into jazz and country you might have a telecaster. but now it's all over the place so it's best to shelve all your thoughts of "best guitar for...", shut up, and play your guitar.

if anything is a meme right now it's overly versatile HSH+piezo superstrats to go with effects processors and gratuitous pedalboards

Blink-182 and Paramore play strats.

wtf now i hate strats and love anime

Attached: 2780033876_83f58d034e_b.jpg (653x1023, 111K)

But there are many Anime girls who play strats too

What's a better head to sit on a 2x12 in an empty wallet poorfag stack for bedroom playing?
Peavy 6505 mini
Boss Katana 100

Carvin legacy II

Sell your cab and get a Blues Junior.

Just get an interface

Hell's Bells - AC/DC
Back in Black - AC/DC
Icky Thump - The White Stripes (not dad rock, but fun and fairly easy to play with practice, sans the keyboard soloes)

Just shut the fuck up, peasant

It's something I would forego unless you were an intermediate student who doesn't struggle with form/technique very much. An in-person instructor worth their salt is going to notice poor hand positioning, bad posture, finger-fudging, etc. much better than a person over a Skype call.

That said, if technique isn't really what you're concerned about, but instead theory or learning a very particular complicated piece of music, online lessons can work just fine. Make sure you're not paying too much. Most Skype lessons are understandable a bit cheaper than face-to-face private lessons.

Ibeenhad is shit but emgz are great. For some reason people who have never used them think they are dark,mid scooped and sterile but in fact they are bright warm and snappy.

>peasant

post your macmull peon

Not enough people posting their guitars. R8, h8, evalu8.
Amp is an Orange Micro Terror or a Roland Cube 60 depending on what I'm playing

Attached: 20190331_103436.jpg (2296x3152, 3.74M)

Deep purple.

I don’t know. Get your T levels checked.

I'm a pretty decent player and I've been chugging away at the same Ibanez RG320FM (Indonesian) for about 11 years now. I have another guitar (Micheal Kelly Hybrid) but I hardly ever play it. My best piece of equipment are BK Painkillers which I installed into the Ibanez just to get a clearer tone than the crappy stock INF humbuckers I was using for half a decade.

I've found that money is frequently better spent on lessons/manuals than on equipment. It would be nice to have more professional gear, but at this point I'd be more interested in dropping a hefty chuck of change on recording equipment over more instruments.

Ibeenhad, pfooey. Muh flame top, muh extra frets, muh points, i look like a rock star. How ridiculous. How crass. How uncivilized. A real musician has no need of such things.

So step on stage with that barely musical plank hanging betwixt your legs if you dare, but I shall out-play thee with my soulful blues each time. You know how it goes, old chap. Swag is for boys. Class is for men.

Attached: guitarist-playing-a-cream-fender-stratocaster-with-a-piano-in-the-BHM30E.jpg (986x1390, 105K)

>I’ve been offered ’59 Les Pauls, and I’d love to play one. But they’re just too expensive to rationalize. I think it’s important, as an artist, to never feel that anything having to do with music is judged by its price. What you can do with it is much more important than how much it costs. If collectors who don’t play guitars didn’t buy them, their value would be based on what players feel they’re worth. But when the people who would really use them don’t get the chance, it’s a real shame.

-John Frusciante, net worth $20,000,000.

>muh macmeme
Kys serf

>roman had to bleach his hair and skin to fit in but he still looks like an idiot
Kek

Frusciante is why i own deans

R8 my picking

vocaroo.com/i/s0jUUfYa3ce2

Accomplished professionals have a strong tendency to say stuff like that and be perfectly fine with using squiers and solid state amps. That's because they can actually play guitar and can make anything sound good. And then on top of it, they can afford any gear they want, so a lot of it loses its appeal. You won't look rich with a les paul if you already look rich by being yourself.

For a bad player, they need all the help and superstition they can get to coax some good tone out of their fingers, and they're usually so short on cash they tend to combine a loyalty to what they have so they feel better about being limited to it (i own a so and so guitar, therefore it is the best kind of guitar) with fanboyism for something they can't afford (yet) because since it's out of reach they can believe that if only they had it, they would sound better without having to practice. so instead of practicing they save their money so they can blow it on some fancy piece of gear, rinse and repeat.

Also beware people who can not tell asceticism
>i refuse to allow myself to want it, it's pointless, harmful, and distracting from more important things
from cognitive dissonance
>i want it, wait, i can't get it.... i don't want it. it's actually terrible

>macmeme

Attached: istockphoto-177766611-1024x1024.jpg (1024x683, 283K)

No abject poverty is why you own deans

truth. but its why anyone owns a dean really

Frusciante is why I don't give a fuck and own a Gibson Les Paul Standard even though I've only been playing a month and barely practice an hour a day.

>What you can do with it is much more important than how much it costs

This shit goes both ways. So what if it was expensive? At least I like my guitar, so I like playing it instead of wishing I had a better a guitar.

>Accomplished professionals have a strong tendency to say stuff like that and be perfectly fine with using squiers and solid state amps.
lmao no professional uses shit gear gtfo with this poorfag cope bullshit

professionals use great gear but it would be shit gear if you asked /gg/

>uh, rack effects? if you think anything is sufficient except an all tube amplifier just quit guitar
>wtf is that stupid looking plank? get a classic strat you autist.

Some are in the 3-4k range.

>no i wouldn't use a $250,000 les paul
>just this $20,000 strat

>$4000
>for a dean
lol a fool and his lack of money or common sense as they say

Yeah, but someone has to buy Gibsons.

we were talking about dean guitars. what does gibson have to do with it?

3 months of expirence here, i started with justin guitar and got an online teacher i pay 20$ an hour for once in 2 weeks, he does comment about my technique here and there but the biggest thing is the exercises he gives me, and he expects me to master a few thing every lesson

I wonder if that user who had a mental breakdown because he couldn't afford an ESP is doing okay, or sobbing and hugging his chinese-made jackson

>what does gibson have to do with it?
Hello newfriend, you were talking to our resident poorfa/gg/ Dean owner jcope! One of the many reasons we collectively decided name him jcope was because he can't afford a genuine Gibson and spends all his time and energy in this general as the proverbial fox describing his distaste for grapes he can't attain. Pic entirely related!

For future reference any time there's some poor (lol) soul crying about Gibson while simultaneously bringing up such a shit brand like Dean guitars it's our jcope! For a real laugh ask about his wheelbarrow!

Attached: sour-grapes.jpg (332x335, 61K)

You sound like the kind of obsessed autist that stalked CWC around and thought he was funny instead of pathetic, disturbing, and in serious need of institutionalization

Autists obsessing over autists

lol look this triggered the guy above me lmao

>lol i troll ppl XD

confirmed autist

get laid

I kno rite? He sounds REALLY mad! Ha ha haa!

samefag more virgin

Attached: angry on the internet.jpg (1300x866, 90K)

lol oh my goodness he's so triggered he's still replying! looks like you won my guy

is this what happens to people when they don't have sex for their whole lives?

Attached: lol.png (592x413, 291K)

I guess my victory is complete and absolute! HAA HAAA HAAAA!

Man, it feels good to be a non-virgin right now.

Attached: man-on-computer-at-work.jpg (1019x750, 125K)

oh gosh it's undeniable at this point. and he's still going!

Enough said.

Attached: happy-man-looking-at-computer.jpg (640x435, 28K)

Do you think I nailed it ?

In their defense the harrassment and further deterioration of CWC is pretty funny and the only form of "help" that can make him alright is death.

it seems so! he didn't like that post at all! not one bit! no sir!

>Roman is an ugly brown high school dropout and a manlet
>Jcum is an ugly brown high school dropout and a manlet
>Sam is an ugly brown high school dropout and a manlet
>None of them can play gutiar
>They are responsible for 90% of the posts in /gg/ - guitar general

Attached: 26841.jpg (3968x2480, 1.26M)

Attached: 1550615841889.gif (268x202, 1.65M)

Sam is ironically the only one of them with any disposable income

Jcum can't afford more than a dean, Roman spent all his money on a les paul, and sam is living it up in the favela and learning to be a luthier. In the future we will all play Campos custom guitars.

*slow menacing guitar music begins playing*

Attached: 297800.f56.a5d6aS7ay1Cm2MjUAAA-650x650-b-p.jpg (650x650, 60K)

*large penis slowly begins entering your ass*

lol look at the post above mine holy shit the only thing on his mind is gay sex lmfao

Lurk for two years before posting. You can just reply to the comment and not say "the post above mine"

Amazing, isn't it? Imagine being trolled so hard (lol no pun intended) it lightened your loafers by about three stone!

>three stone
hold on are you british?

you liek guhturs user?

Attached: 1538706533842.jpg (219x210, 5K)

He's Roman and Rome is in Italy so he's Italian or European.

Middle pickup is the only good strat position

it's lost /gg/ lore that roman transitioned a few years ago and is now a tranny, hence his vast knowledge about trannies

hello fro/gg/man hows the weather in france today

show me your tits

show me your electrical socket

you first ;)

I like a few New Order and Joy Division songs. I think bands should play the bass like a lead instrument more often

you're as pathetic as you are transparent my fro/gg/y friend

What the fuck is that

Remove the neck and bridge single coil in favor of humbuckers but leave the middle. Remove the tremolo in favor of a hardtail bridge. Make sunburst, black, flame maple and natural finishes unavailable for the rest of eternity.

Gibson SG or Tele

>sunburst, black
Agreed
>flame maple finishes
Finishes (fotoflame and veneers) definitely need to go
>natural finishes
So poorfags can hide their three-piece guitar bodies? Never. Guitars are meant to have transparent finishes so you can tell it's not made of scrap plywood.

>removing strat bridge pickup
Based retard poster

i have a strat that was in a pretty neglected position when i bought it, but had it professionally setup, frrets sanded down etc.
the saddles and shit were rusted pretty bad and i can't seem to intonate one of the strings. should i just buy new saddles/bridge/screws?

>mfw I hate shred but hate blues even more

Attached: Blank_84b0bb9e38bd7d4d030f827c1516230c.jpg (1000x811, 115K)

there are no good strat pickups

low output humbuckers > single coils

>no, the ear piercing treble is CLARITY! t. deaf

>bass tube head
>as thin and small as possible so it's easier to transport to gigs
>guitar tube head
>massive amount of open space, usually with mesh and lights behind it so you can see the tubes, like if it wasn't there you wouldn't hear them either

Attached: 51506L6HIv-large.jpg (750x360, 38K)

Did our resident poorfa/gg/ jcope go to bed? Let's post genuine Gibsons and see if he cries/copes
>tears/coping = he's awake
>no tears/coping = he's asleep

Pic related, the best Christmas ever!

Attached: Christmas_Burst_LPs_2009.jpg (975x768, 426K)

But R~, you're broke too. Your poverty is so severe that you're delusional think everyone who doesn't like grandpa guitars is some retarded mexican.

I'm having a hard time deciding if I oike the goldtop or the different bursts better. Beautiful guitars all around though.

lol why would anyone buy these pieces of shit instead of a custom shop ESP

>look at les paul prices
>only $2500

you get what you pay for lmao

Yay!

Awake it is!

You retard, I'm not your diminutive hispanic man crush.

Gibsons are shitty guitars for poorfags who think they're rich
>Ooooh $2500! A status symbol!
Yeah I bet it costed more than your car.

Oh my, WIDE awake now! LAUGHING MY ASS OFF

>tfw the microphone i use to record costs more than most gibsons

only jcope could think they were expensive. relative to fenders? sure. relative to actual guitars? no.

he's probably trolling himself to make sure he stays a /gg/ meme.

>jcope: gibsons!
>someone: gay.
>jcope: jcope is so mad at gibsons lol

Attached: 1566143175691.jpg (629x629, 33K)

After the imaginary bassist thing I wouldn't put that past him.

Attached: 0808001s.jpg (600x450, 53K)

The true test of wealth is not whether or not you have a nice guitar but whether or not you had money left over for a mogami cable.

Post this imaginary microphone peasant
>you won't because you cant

no, i hold great power over /gg/ with my MA-1000

the spectre of this microphone frightens you into submission. if i demanded that you provide a timestamped picture of your authentic Gibson first, you would cower, make excuses, and put up old pictures like a shivering dog.

jcope the jchihuahua

Yoir not eben making any sence dumbfuck
>he didn't because he couldn't

The green one would be cool with 6 strings

passe devant, babe

>jCOPE

Sorry I don't speak peasant

>I will never see SRV live
It hurts.

Why the fuck these so expensive?
Even the Indonesian ones are like 1600+
Isn't it supposed to use LESS material than regular guitars?

they're trying to corner the tism bucks market

Help, how do I stop my older guitar (left) from bullying my youngest(right)?

Attached: EC43BuGUYAAWtz3.jpg (2048x967, 239K)

Why does your guitar have a dna sequencer?

It's a very special kind of bully

t. matt bellamy

kek
>matt Bellamy is to thom yorke
>as wes scantlin is to kurt cobain
imagine buying wes scantlin's signature guitar

I wish I was as famous as him lol, but nah.
It's just a midi/electric/piezo hybrid guitar.

Attached: IMG_20190503_204432.jpg (2176x4608, 1.45M)

lmao

Attached: 1_Y3ZibsBlrVfWspy9HLANPQ.jpg (640x478, 75K)

Not gonna lie it's a sweet piece of gear to play some specific kind of soundscapes. I've got other "normal" guitars for the other stuff though. I like to experiment.

Attached: flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg (908x1000, 104K)

Honest opinion on my guitars?
Left - Lag Tramontane
Middle/back - Vintage AV3
Right - Admira Rosario

Attached: IMG_0048.jpg (2016x1512, 441K)

>soundscapes

Attached: 5q3cj9bzrtaz.jpg (1240x696, 173K)

this post is why you will never be famous, user

lmao my name is known worldwide faggo cope harder

>literally who

lol yep that's what they say when they hear your name alright

cringe

lol yep that too

you do know most of these small bass amps are solid state right? you do also know the open mesh in these mini tube heads is to allow airflow right for passive cooling of the tubes? i hope you're not this dumb user. don't be this dumb.

He's the kind of asshole who uses his laptop on a blanket and wonders why it fries.

Attached: 1452184294379.jpg (1004x403, 197K)

That happend to you,didnt it user?

I spend my life repairing other people's screw ups.

Attached: 480721.jpg (900x506, 83K)

jfc that kid needs to go on a diet or he has worms

shut up faggot

General question here. Why the fuck are there so many buzzwords when it comes to guitar pickups?
>yeah dude I love my tele it's so quacky, I hate muddy pickups
>nah bro that les paul ain't for me, it's sounds too bright, and it's way darker than my SG
Since when the fuck were bright and dark not polar opposites? are people just pulling words out of their ass to seem smart?

is that your kid? you're a bad father if so childhood obesity is child abuse

>are people just pulling words out of their ass to seem smart?
this one

Holy shit that was an exhibition in mental illness.
>rent free
Morning /gg/

Attached: ECM1JFJXoAManaa.jpg (1196x1192, 154K)

t. 15yo and >300 lbs w/ no dad

Bought one of these on a whim the other day for something like 3000 yen. It's been a life saver and it's surprisingly good. Japanese apartment walls are super thin and now I can play with headphones up until late night without bothering my neighbors. I'm actually surprised it's better than I expected.

I might go and try/buy all the other ones from the same series, considering it's so dirt cheap.

Attached: vox.jpg (254x198, 7K)

What are the mid range Ibanez?

Ibanez S Prestige

It seems half of intelligence is the ability to filter out bullshit.

I like guitar based music and am tempted to get a guitar, but i’m not sure I’ll love playing it. What’s your advice guitar dudes?

If you dont have patience and motivation dont do it.

If you're going to try anyway get an inexpensive acoustic/classical Yamaha to bang around on. Look in used ads, they can be had for around $100. Learn some and see how it goes, if you hate it, resell it at next to or no loss.

I played cello for 5 years so I can be motivated to play an instrument, just not sure i’d find that motivation in guitar

Don't bother if you don't intend to spend at least $1000 dollars on a decent guitar

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (228x224, 24K)

Decent guitars are that expensive? A decent beginner cello doesn’t even cost that much

You can get guitars for cheaper but they aren't really worth your time imo

What are some good electric guitars between $100-300?
What are some good electric guitar amps between $100-200 bucks?
Please help a poorfag out.

What are some good electric guitars between $100-300?
Tissue box and rubber bands
What are some good electric guitar amps between $100-200 bucks?
Can on a string into a cardboard box

Harley benton is your friend.

What if you're not a German boomer?

played on a tube amp for the first time.
is it normal a small fragrance of warm eletronics?

What are the rubber bands for?

Super slinkeys

Get a job. You can afford that

Tubes get real hot

i wasn't even aware that locking saddles was a thing outside floyd trems and derivates

It's good for keeping your coffee warm.

>tfw you prefer your G string in tune like on any other guitar thats worth more than $300

Dont listen to shitposters, just go get scammed by the employees asking for a recc on gear
Also get a g&l

sometimes people like the way things sound over the way other things sound

>soi intensifies

>What are some good electric guitars between $100-300?
go for either a yamaha pacifica or a squier, both will do just fine. i'd recommend HSS but whatever floats your boat. whatever you pick, avoid cheap floyd rose trems like the plague though
>What are some good electric guitar amps between $100-200 bucks?
shit son, a katana maybe? idk, maybe check some peavey ss amps, a little poverty studio close to my home had peavey ss amps and they were pretty good. maybe try looking for used too

Tubes are big ledz. Its obvious youre a bass player. Youre not very intelligent at all.

Attached: Axis.jpg (2394x1351, 833K)

>What are some good electric guitars between $100-300?
Yamaha Pacifica
>What are some good electric guitar amps between $100-200 bucks?
Yamaha THR5

Cheapest quality fretboard I've ever seen.

Attached: 1484431737016.jpg (223x226, 13K)

someone make a new thread already

I just found that the Under My Thumb riff of the Rolling Stones was stolen from a Motown song

Thanks

Lmao

>he thinks tubes are LEDs

I'm not sure if I laugh because it's bad bait

>stolen from a Motown song
Which one?

Because all the asian guitar factories are set up to produce regular guitars and strandbergs are only made for one company and require more handwork and significant change-overs for the machinery.

Do you ever notice that all the deans, chapmans, schecters, and solars use the same body shapes? It's so they can fill orders for different brands in one run.

What does led stand for?

Used Peavey Vypyr 30
100 bucks, best modeling amp you can get.

Do you know what cnc machines are? Do you know what computer programs are?

youtu.be/oZLG9MV5GvQ
Damn they even copied the Marimba

Light Emitive Distorted-guitar-amp

Yeah, and they're so cheap they change programs as little as possible

Also, hear from the employees at PRS SE/Strandberg/Schecter/Solar/etc

youtube.com/watch?v=PY5wCAqY-ek

Nice try retard.

Guitar memes

Retard

Attached: FB_IMG_1566839372087.jpg (750x635, 45K)

>20 seconds in all it is is a dumbass subhuman insect thinking shes worth more than her work

Holy fuck do you not understand capitalism. Go join peta or Greenpeace if you want to remain delusional about what makes the world go round. Pro tip its not your feeble feelings. I for one relish the thought that my deans are imbued with miserable tortured koreans emotions and sin.

>t. Drumpf supporter

>calls other people insects
>acts like an insect

I knew racists were pieces of shit but this is something

Thank you YouTube for the subtitles, now I can understand it.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-26-14-15-53.png (1920x1080, 831K)

>dumb gook insects lol
>also wtf having feelings, you exist for the benefit of the colony, i mean, capitalism. *ant noises*

Yeah that's true. That's why you're trying to grab a hold on Amazon: to steal the gold under it and other goods, to keep your capitalism running.