Why do urban millenials love this album so much?

Why do urban millenials love this album so much?

Attached: u9egsghiqmq01.jpg (2480x2480, 972K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Gwb6BgGdwck
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

attention to detail in the production - very pleasant on the ears

I have no idea. I know this guy who listens to nothing but this album and Car Seat Headrest. Insufferable faggot.

Why is OP the biggest fucking faggot on the planet?

Attached: OPfe6.jpg (268x200, 11K)

because the songwriting is great and because the timbres he uses sound nice

I also don't get the hype, I think it's okay and that Channel Orange is better

And he probably comes on Yea Forums

because it's really good

How?

Millennials Iove hollow style over substance

>musically adventurous yet has a firm grasp on pop sensibilities
>intelligent songwriting that deals with depression, loneliness, alienation, detachment, yearning for a sense of belonging, relationships, love lost, etc. in a way that doesnt come across as lecturing or intrudes on the musical fluidity of the album
>themes are timeless, music is timeless
>its impact on altrnb is already being felt
Its a good album, despite the skits.

>because the songwriting is great
give 1 example

very solid summary of some reasons why it connects with a lot of people

Urban millenial and this is one of the most boring albums I've ever heard.
1/5

nights

because it is very emotional

i would probably let frank fuck me in the ass

again, give 1 example

nights

>3 chords with talking on top

>urban millenials
what did he mean by this?

lyricism:
the bull and the matador doing it in the sky, inhale in hell there's heaven
mind over matter is magic, I do magic
you dream of prisons that hold us in prison, it's just a skull
noses on a rail, little virgin wears the white

melodies and songwriting:
white ferrari first part
futura free
siegfried
godspeed
solo
pink & white

youtu.be/Gwb6BgGdwck

literally beatles' discography. stop looking for validation and respect on an anonymous board because you dislike things others like, or better yet, off yourself

>Speaking of Nirvana, it was there
>Rare as the feathers on my dash from a phoenix
>There with my crooked teeth and companion sleeping, yeah
>Dreaming a thought that could dream about a thought
>That could think of the dreamer that thought
>That could think of dreaming and getting a glimmer of God
>I be dreaming of dreaming a thought
>That could dream about a thought
>That could think of dreaming a dream
>Where I cannot, where I cannot

white ferrari makes me cry

dueling*

>iterally beatles' discography
name it. name a beatles song with over 2 minutes of a repeating 3 chords with singtalking instead of melodic singing.
let alone a chord progression as simple as I II V

the only time in the past 2-3 years that i was able to make myself cry was when i had a severe drug induced comedown and listened to white ferrari

'im sure were taller in another dimension'

This but also Self control and Seigfried

not that guy but II V I's are diverse and cool sounding where's I IV V's are boring and you can find them all thru the beatles discog. of course layers and melody matter more and chord progressions don't mean much even when talking purely about compositional complexity AND i love the beatles and have never listened to frank ocean man but still bad thing to say.

>not that guy but II V I's are diverse and cool sounding where's I IV V's are boring and you can find them all thru the beatles discog.
wasn't what i asked. i asked for any track where the beatles had 2 minutes of just a very basic repeating 3 chords.
of course there is none. by 2 minutes most of the beatles discography of songs are past a chorus or nearly over.
if you like albums like blonde for the ethereal chill out sound, production or whatever, fine. but don't pretend there is any amazing songwriting coming out of frank fucking ocean

Straight 2 5 1s sound terrible, they only sound cool jazzed up but then you just end up playing jazz/fusion

butt my point was that chord progressions weren't a determinor of good songwriting. still i haven't listened to him and maybe hes really generic i dunno.

well sure they only work with them maj7s but youd be surprised how many genres use it.

You sound really fucking stupid.

I dont think it's that common outside of jazz and RnB

>butt my point was that chord progressions weren't a determinor of good songwriting
well it's just rapping over 3 chords on a sub bass and e guitar with a kit. not much else to really go on

you dream of walls that hold us imprisoned*

are you sure you listened to Blonde

>Frank ocean
>Rapping

Gay and black.

basis for bossa and alterations and chained versions are everywhere from deep purple to weezer. also in music that samples jazz and in most earlier pop songs. but yeah mostly jazzy stuff if not straight jazz.

I had a very similar experience. I listened to blond during my first acid trip and I will never forget what it did to me.

There’s more to music then theory, autist. Go jerk off to some emotionless souless progshit.

gay faggot shit