I Am an A&R Consultant. Tear Me Apart

I have over 15 years of experience as an A&R consultant, producer, studio owner, songwriter, and artist manager. I also quite enjoy browsing Yea Forums and have been for quite a while. i don't think there is alot of industry scum like me on here so i thought it might be fun to see if you have any questions or any insults to hurl at me.

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/late-scott/theplan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challen_Cates
youtube.com/watch?v=fAWJdXJvngU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who's the next big top 40 sensation?

you lopok like a fuvking retartd mate

this isn't reddit dude

Don’t know some little nigger
Fuck you
Fuck you

no one can really say. I can say with great certainty that it will most likely be a young, attractive person that sounds very similar to what is already on the charts. Hopefully it's one of my artists!

>artist manager
god help them

Reddit is lame and there all kinds of people like me on there. why not switch it up. i bet you didnt expect to see me here?

I don't care about you at all

But you came into the thread and replied. I appreciate your contribution.

ty

How can we save rock?

what's f(x) to calculate the freq of a certain note relative to its distance from A4 in an equal tempered tuning system

Attached: 1565388473647.gif (348x248, 878K)

its being saved by rappers

Attached: 47629_0_wide_ver1523919748 (1).png (640x360, 65K)

God i love that question. I work primarily in rock. The thing is rock is not dead and not close to dying, but rock radio is a rotting corpse. they play the same 200 songs they were playing in 2010 as they do now. If they play something new, it's the latest single from a 30 year old band. when radio dies, rock will be truly "revived."

Attached: tumblr_lr6yzqpdxj1r2ktilo1_500.jpg (500x691, 49K)

no.

this answer has me excited, thank you for giving me hope
ive been wanting to try to pursue a career in rock music

yep

Attached: maxresdefault - 2019-08-25T140504.686.jpg (1280x720, 202K)

Do it. Get with some buddies and start jamming. focus on getting shows booked before you try releasing things. PLAY ORIGINALS! don't waste time learning covers.

bump

Give me the true answer. Can I be a music?

Can you name some popular artists right now that you definitively know are industry plants?

What percentage of artists, you manage, partake in sexual intercourse with underaged people?

sure, knock yourself out

pretty generic question, but i'm curious.

what aspects of the music industry are really misconstrued to the everyday person? what are the "messy" parts?

what direction do you think music is going in? what genres are going to decline and what genres are going to rise?

Depends on what you mean by industry plant because some artists receive different degrees of assistance, and others are literally assembled by a label. I don't know for a fact that any chart topping artists were assembled but most all of them are helped greatly by labels. Based on my personal observations, most "test-tube artists" are complete failures that only manage to end up as a bland and uninteresting opening act for a big name.

Hey everyone. My name's Gustavo, and I just want to lay it down for the record - I fucking hate niggers and jews, or yids, as I like to call them. Heil Hitler! Yea, that's a fucking quote, pitchfork.

Attached: 1342999591092.gif (330x245, 976K)

Thats more of a film industry thing my friend.

NO WHY WOULD NICKELODEON WRITE THIS INTO BIG TIME RUSHHH

wait, but what about groupies? i thought that was a music industry thing too

>no response
just as expected
fuck off fake fuck

Alot of it is bullshit but some is true. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the "good ol' days" people. the ones that don't want to take a chance on something unless it sounds, looks, and acts just like their favorite classic rock band. Most executives are like that unfortunately. Sometimes i wonder if i'm talking to a dude with 7 platinum records or someone's alcoholic uncle (both can be true.)

what genres of music/bands do you personally enjoy?

Hip-Hop is king right now but it will level out in time. The "throwback" shit (Greta Van Fleet) is gonna get a little bigger but won't last long. Who knows?

why stay away from covers? i always liked the idea of covering lesser known songs

Maybe back in the 80's

I love everything but i am a metalhead at heart. My tastes go pretty far from the artists i work with.

Everyone is doing it. As an A&R guy, i want you to tell me you have 20 originals, rather than 10 originals and 10 covers.

Guys, Gustavo Rocque is literally not a real person.

No. Give up.

how can you show proof you actually an a&r guy

Yeah thats the joke. i am, however, a real person. I just definately do not want my identity on here because ya know.

There is literally no way for me to prove (without compromising my position.) That's why its fun! maybe im talking out of my ass. i think my answers have been pretty straight and accurate.

what is it about black midi that you think the press loves to shill so much? do you think theres gonna be a trend in mathy posthardcore revival bands, just like how around 2009 to recently there was a huge trend in washed out reverby nu shoegaze bands

How prevalent are the ghostwriters that prop up shitters who can't actually produce anything worth listening to?

do you have any interesting/funny/disturbing stories about any specific artists?

Im sorry, but black midi sounds like garbage to me. i am not sure what the story is behind them but i have been seeing them alot in my circle so someone is pushing the hell out of them. Its really strange. maybe im just getting too old to understand. I cant imagine there being a major wave of similar bands though.

oh man I miss BTR on nick

You have no fucking idea. I walked into a session the other day and saw not 2, not 3, not 4, but TEN writers all standing behind the console coaching a certain (quite popular) country singer. it is ridiculous how rare it is for an artist to actually write anymore.

keep that in

Not going to name-drop but i have a story from the earlier 2000's of a certain artist who i managed (very well known) that had a serious thing for giant women. He would show up 30 minutes late to soundcheck because he was at a local big stripper joint. It was hilarious and i still talk about it to this day.

since you're a rock A&R i guess i'll just ask you what's been on my mind.

let's say that i'm a rock artist with virtually no following, but with a legitimately unique & forward-thinking rock sound, and i've just finished a debut album that thoroughly documents my sound with a handful of playlist-ready singles. let's also just assume that i'm not deluding myself and that i actually am good.

in an internet culture where there aren't a lot of rock-centered outlets or playlist curators to begin with, and way too many other unknown artists to immediately cut through the noise, how do i make sure my release doesn't fall on deaf ears? who are the most important gatekeepers i should be aware of? i'm friends with a few critics but none of them even touch rock music, but then again my rock music would probably horrify the "good old boys" you speak of. Thanks!

not op, but in this case you just need to tour non stop until you catch some ears. being a successful rock band these days is all about touring, and some slight social media presence i suppose. alot of elbow grease on your part is needed. find a way into your local scene and go from there, connections are key as well

well if you are actually good i would tell you to put it on reverbnation, and do crowd reviews (i think thats what they call it) where curators listen to your music and rate it if you pay. I check reverb often and have discovered a good amount of my artists there. Once you put it out (put it on all platforms as well if you can) try to get out and play shows. im legitimately curious and would love to hear your material.

What is/was the American music industry opinion of Oasis?

>they play the same 200 songs they were playing in 2010 as they do now.
Playlists have gotten worse honestly. Classic rock stations are cutting a lot of their songs. What may have been a 1000 song catalog spanning the 60s - early 90s is now a 200 song catalog spanning the mid 70s to late 80s (with heavy emphasis on about 50 of those songs)

And Alternative stations are basically the biggest 50 alt songs of the 90s + about 30 of the biggest alt songs of the 2000s + 20 alt songs of the 2010s + the latest billie eilish/21 pilots/1975 garbage

I dont remember them meaning too much to us. i dont really have a reason to shit on them. i guess, if anything, we wish they were american!

bumping for this interesting thread

damn, i would've never even thought of reverbnation. shows what i know. thanks, and believe me, i'd love for you to hear it too

Couldn't have said it better. radio is dead. i never listen to radio in the car. i put on my spotify playlist of what i enjoy. most everyone does now. the grandfathers of this industry won't except reality.

>I dont remember them meaning too much to us
I mean they haven't been remotely hyped in america since the 90s, though they had a minor comeback in the mid-late 2000s as the band fell apart (ie. playing larger venues like Madison Square, alternative radio airplay, a Hot 100 charting single, Top 5 charting albums)

maybe i will! i am always looking. what region are you from? (state?) I will check the reverb charts for that area in the coming months and maybe find something i like.

Can I rap?

soundcloud.com/late-scott/theplan

I'm not a rap guy so im not the best to give an opinion on it, although i listen to it quite often. Sounds good! if i worked in the genre i would be interested.

>meaning much to us
In regards to that, do ARs maintain a tight-knit circle or some collective opinion towards what to seek, or is everyone out doing their own thing?
Also what types of threads do you lurk on

Attached: 1552371434449.jpg (394x394, 92K)

Thanks for checking it, wasn't expecting that desu.
What's the best way to get a foot in the door if I'm more interested in songwriting? I'd rather write for other rappers and avoid the hubbub.

Generally, A&R guys try to span as much ground as possible. It is quite competitive, so if a bunch of dudes from different labels are digging in the same spot, im going somewhere else, if that makes sense. I've been checking Yea Forums periodically, usually when a new record comes out, so i can see what you all say about it. i actually found Yea Forums around 6 years ago through my son.

i'm just another LAlien, so california? i gotta say, i really appreciate that there are A&Rs like you out there. i'm not 100% confident that the average music listener would respond to my bolder stuff but maybe i'll put some safer tracks on there once i've released them [might be a month or two, waiting on artwork] and see what happens. thanks again for the advice!

You will probably end up with more hubbub trying to do that right now. Most ghostwriters are established in some way before they go into doing that as a career.

What do you specifically look for in an artist? Not like the other guy said with the "whats the path" but say you see a group or a solo artist on reverb with a small online presence. What makes you go from "this is okay" to "this is a client"

How much does image play? Social media? I know music is unfortunately only a small part of the deal

Well damn I always figured it was the opposite. Figured you'd have to write for someone then eventually you get a "shot"
Well if you know anyone that needs a writer or artist, I'm cheap lol

he's in the music business which is just selling celebrities and images to gullible idiots, music is 9th or 10th among their considerations

I'm looking for raw, unique, talent that i can help develop into something big. the last thing im interested in is another Led Zeppelin because everyone sounds like that right now. Actually, for me, music comes first. if youre cute, that helps, but its definately not the grabber for me.

that is true for alot of labels and scouts. i actually quit one of my old jobs because i felt that was the mindset among my team. its not my thing and i will never work that way.

Where do you see the state of live acts shifting when 80-90% of the arena-rock dinosaurs retire or die off in the coming decade or two?

It's already happening. U2 were the highest grossing live act of the early 2010s by a huge margin. They had the biggest grossing tour ever.

Follow up: whats the biggest numbers one of your acts has done?

I meant when the archetypal giants die off, what will come in its place? Just more spearheading of today's current acts, a resurgence of some other genre that's at its low point currently, etc.
My first concert was Def Leppard in the mid-00s when they were basically at their lowest point with countyfair-tier shows, and just last year wrapped up a US-arena tour. So it's interesting seeing a band I enjoy "become cool again." So curious as to what may be the next resurgence

I can't say. i think they will just be replaced by newer rock bands that will eventually achieve that status.

I have worked with several multi-platinum/multi grammy artists.

What is the motivation behind the recent trend of labels having their artists get political?

I havent heard of labels making artists get political but they certaintly do not discourage or frown upon it (unless they are right wing in any way.) I am a liberal but most industry guys make me look like hitler by comparison. most labels would probably drop an artist if they made any public statement in support of trump or anything right wing. thats just the reality unfortunately.

What are your thoughts on the way music is marketed to young females? From what I've observed over the years, the way the industry markets to their demographic seems particularly exploitative. In my opinion, some of it really resembles propaganda. Even when compared to the industry's pandering towards young men, it seems even more egregious for girls.

There is alot of pandering going on. To be fair, that is the job of the label. They need to sell the record. as far as the female thing goes, i can say honestly that girls spend alot more money on an artist than guys do. girls are more likely to come to a show, and they are more likely to buy merchandise. im not a gender studies expert, but thats my personal observation.

one more question for you if you're still here Mr. Rocque. what do you think of the eminem lawsuit? do you think Spotify is going to come out of this one unscathed? from the outside it kind of looks like this whole streaming thing just isn't doing justice to artists at any level

I am hoping to jesus christ they kick spotifys ass in court. the streaming services have hurt artists far too much and made it impossible to rely on your recorded music. you should not have to tour 11 months of the year to pay your medical bills despite having a platinum record. it has destroyed the confidence and self-worth of the musicians. the labels wont do shit about it. we need an artist with leverage and eminem is just that.

is tidal good

Better than spotify for the artist, but not really for me as a consumer. it should not be one or the other though.

i can't tell you how glad I am you agree. in what world does it make sense for the median salary of a spotify employee to be in the 6 figures while what you said is true

but where would we go if the supreme court somehow decided that we couldn't stream anymore? would we all just start using the iTunes store again? it's hard for me to imagine what comes next

do you know of any good modern rock artists to keep an eye on? almost all the modern rock artists i know of have either been around for twenty years or more and are just still active (like queens of the stone age) or they suck ass (king gizzard, tame impala, greta van fleet).

they will pay up before they will shut down. It will work itself out. actually, the extreme demand and outrage will be great because people will understand what the hell is going on with this. my dream is that maybe people will start leaving their house and actually buying a physical copy, although thats not the best for consumers.

This is probably too general but im just going to ask it, how is music monetized?
it seems to me that the golden age of record sales are long gone and streaming only gives a meager amount of income comparatively
other than that the profits would have to lie in sponsoring,merchandising and touring.
Could you shine some light on this matter?

if streaming services screw artists that bad then are the largeish indie artists (maybe like a jpegmafia level of popularity) not actually as financially safe as i would assume they are?
like their record and merch sales and streaming revenue still force them to have to tour most of their lives?

> my dream is that maybe people will start leaving their house and actually buying a physical copy, although thats not the best for consumers.
This is never gonna happen again bro.

I literally got my hands on one of those 1000 song catalogs from a radio station shutting down and it's pretty great

we'll probably lose the internet in a few decades because of space junk making it impossible to put satellites into space
then people will buy physical copies! fantastic!

No, there's probably gonna be bootleggers on streetcorners selling hundreds of songs on usb sticks for 5 a pop
Or p2p

When is big time rush coming back and do you have any nudes of Kendall's mother

>I literally got my hands on one of those 1000 song catalogs from a radio station shutting down and it's pretty great
Nice. What sort of shit was it?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challen_Cates
this is the actress apparently
try digging for her nudes

Sounds like youre just like everyone else with a laptop and a bigmouth. What songs did you write? How much money you got in the bank? Whats your actual dayjob or are you a trustfund kid.

damn this nigga left baka

very sad

Literal nobody. Nothing was lost.

:(

would you stay at least... for me?

i'll stay for you... :)

do you have a youtube channel or a soundcloud account or anything? this sounds interesting

Sure I can take over and answer questions. I have a laptop and a music degree. I can pretend to be just about anything music wise in the internet age. What you wanna know? Ask me Anything

Did Courtney love kill kurt cobain ?

Yes. She is a heroin addict. They steal lie cheat and will do anything to support their habit. He was going to divorce her. Now she has all his money. she was always a ladder climber and sven gali.

what about tupac????? He alive righ.

No, the nigga dead senpai

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Did John lenin really beat his wive

Im really into Nothing More right now

You are not making money on recorded music in 2019 unless you are doing some serious numbers. even then, your label is taking a huge chunk of it. The money is in touring, merchandise,and sales of physical copies.

pretty much. streaming services actually have special deals with labels and distribution that gives them more for each stream than an independent release.

Yes. He bashed he head into a pipe, but said he was sorry.
Youre yesterday's news. Back to the favela with you.

i don't think i've ever heard of nothing more
i'll check them out, thanks

i can dream

Leave. This is my thread now. Samba your ass outta hear.
You can also leave.

bro

Attached: IMG_20190825_192749.jpg (750x1334, 81K)

well as long as he said he was sorry i guess it's ok....

>
you should come back again some time and do more AMAs, this was very interesting
thank you!

bla bla bla bla bla

only briefly. i am sorry!

No problem! it was fun. i enjoyed answering serious questions and its always fun getting roasted. have not laughed this hard in a while.

Youre a fraud and imposter. Name something we heard of. Saying you worked with a platinum artists can mean you drove them to the airport. I know you industry types. Youre all liars. It's very easy to prove you did something. Its the RECORDING industry after all. Where is a record of your accomplishments? Youre bullshit might work in the favela where owning a laptop and microphone makes you the king of the block but it dont mean shit here.

more qualified than i am!

Ive honestly qualified myself unlike you. Direct us to your press kit. I can at least take picture of my degree and laptop with a timestamo. More than you have done. Youre just an asshole with an opinion like everyone else. You have no merit.

so how big would I need to be to live off of bandcamp sales?

ive heard ryan leslie has all his music exclusively on his own services and platforms and have heard he does pretty good of that, but then again dude works with kanye

eh. im not much of a driver.

There is no reason to use bandcamp as a distributor. If you are able to make enough sales to live off of, you have more reach than bandcamp. Bandcamp is a scam for dreamers. They up sell you on physical CDs.

damn i just checked them out and ZOO WEE MAMA that is cringe

I am not familiar with that particular situation. i thought bandcamp was for free music? it would be awesome if you could live off of it. ill look into it some more.

All you need to know about this guy. Hey Chapo take a hike. This is my rodeo now.

they are different. not for everybody but i personally enjoyed and they are doing pretty well right now.

This is obviously his mediocre shit that he came here to shill. Keep the questions coming user.

Good questions

What do you think of this?

Soundcloud.com/mago206/crescent

The only way to settle this is to get in the ring.

No the only way to settle it is to prove your merit. You avoided answering anything that qualifies you. Again what have you done and show us the proof or fuck off.

I do not work with them at all. never even met them lol. i would not mention the name of a band i actually work with because that would risk my identity being revealed.

take a picture

can either of you get terrifying girls' high school to top the charts thanks

you obviously have talent. Is it all you? The odd time signatures and what not are engaging but like most acts the singing falls flat. The singing brings the emotional intensity. This is what you lack. Great musicians are a dime a dozen and the music should support the voice not a voice slapped on over an instrumental track. coward and larper

hm. no i dont think ill put my job on the line just to prove to a Yea Forums user that i have one. sorry.

So why are you here? Go back to reality you should be surrounded by real life hangers on if you have anything to offer. You obviously do not and resort to the internet. Its very transparent.

What type of porn are you watching now? The tranny shit?

You are very skilled! it would tough, from an A&R perspective, to push you right now but if you keep at it you can do some great things.

quit being a fag

My critique was accurate. The only thing this guy can push is bullshit out his ass. This music is unmarketable and he is giving you kind words cause he needs your attention. Very transparent

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 9.55.22 AM.png (2388x1066, 2.39M)

i aint fina lie after hearing that nothing more band and that this dude isnt that familiar with bandcamp this thread kinda got a lot less appealing

Ya but Im here now so ask away. The guy was trying to promote his shit as the next big thing. He's a clown. Honk Honk. Claims he is too cool for reddit when anyone with business sense would jump at an AMA to shill their shit. Only you need to prove who you are to do reddit. Something he can not do because her is literally nobody.

How is answering questions and promoting who you are a risk to your job? You are pretending to be in the entertainment industry, not the CIA. You got your larp personas mixed up bud. Go back to /pol/ or /x/

the difference between you and i is that you are a broke kid with a useless degree, and i did what i have done with barely a high school diploma. there is a reason i can do that, and you cant. thats because i have no insecurities, and i do things for fun, with no need to validate myself. in fact, i deal with alot of kids like you who, usually, end up as unpaid interns or session musicians on projects that i piece together. maybe we will work together!

> I dont need to validate myself
>larps on Yea Forums for validation.

Its easy to attack someone and invent a situation when they show some truth to who they are. Something you will not do. The difference between you and I is Im not a LARPER and not claiming to be anything I am not. Just a guy with a degree and a laptop here to honestly answer questions. Who are you again?

you dont understand how jobs work and it make sense considering your degree. let me explain. Yea Forums is a highly controversial site. If i reveal any associations i have, i am not only linking my clients or coworkers to this site, i am possibly revealing who i am to my coworkers, who would recognize some of the things i have said in the thread. they dont teach alot in college do they?

damn this thread gettin crazy

>You proven one accomplishment this means you have accomplished nothing else.

Uh you do know a lot of kids who go to music school come from wealthy backgrounds and are just looking for something to do for a few years before they take over dads company right?

cope harder. Oh 4 chan is so controversial yikes! Every board is /pol/ Youre just showing how out of touch you are at this point. Give up.

you think i went on here for validation?!?! no no no. i have experience and i am willing to share it. i said earlier in this thread that i could just be feeding you bullshit. thats what makes it fun! you dont know and i can only prove it by giving good advice.

why is the new guy so hostile? lol settle down man, there’s room enough in this thread for both of you

ohhh okay. yeah im sorry i grew up sleeping on floors so the whole "dads company" thing does not resonate with me.

I fuck with it

i know! maybe the opinions of someone classically trained would be a good contrast to my opinion. maybe people could take something away from both sides, and maybe we would even agree on alot of things.

You given no good advice just shitty opinion you could have done without tripfagging, but people probably just ignore you when you post on regular threads so you resorted to LARPING to have your shit opinions considered. You already showed you are a Pleb with your shit opinions.
You just are not objective. You have been outclassed and need to lash out by calling me poor where critical thinking would show that my being poor is not likely the case at all. Youre in ability to think critically just shows you are not an A and R person. Youre a fraud.

youre annoying and youre ruining whats left of . this thread. plus your perspective is dime a dozen and boring as hell leave my gustavo alone

Stop same fagging. Youre musical feedback on the song as well as you music recommendation already killed the thread. Im saving it.

ok question for both of you, probably beyond your scope but gonna try anyways. i’m a lighting and video designer just starting to tour more, i got one group i work with but want to be touring most of the year ideally. who do i gotta get in with to get more work? bands? managers?

jesus okay so youre a spoiled rich kid with an utterly useless music degree stop outing yourself as an idiot and leave

savage
i like this nigga

yikes. what opinions did i express? i mean im pretty much just telling you all what im getting from my experience. can you tell me why some of the advice i gave was wrong?

why is all popular music so fucking awful and how to change that?

shut the fuck up. you’re acting like a coked out line cook who hasn’t had a cigarette in sooooo long and just found out his girlfriend cheated on him.

I won a Grammy and I'm stating in no uncertain terms both these fools ain't shit.

Thats what we're all trying to figure out i guess.

one grammy?
youll need a few more accomplishments than that to be on this board, kid

That settles it!

if this isn't vince staples i don't care

Yeah just one.
I been behind every board in the US that matters, post a shot of your main control room or STFU

I havent done tours in a while but back when i did, the label would usually supply the light guy (if the band was signed and tour support was in their deal.) as far as independents go, i would advise you check online for work wanted. sorry i dont know a ton about it.

“main control room” lol

word up, thanks for the reply!

I don't have enough experience to give you a valid opinion on that, but I will say that in any business its all about networking and being clear that you are offering a service and want to be paid. Don't waste time on leads that wont produce money.
Now im rich? Lets stop focusing on irrelevant aspects of my chracter to try and discredit me.
On your knees I can see. You gave no constructive feedback to that guys song. Just mom type encouragement. "keep up the great work and you'll succeed. Be yourself!"
Sound advice is he should seek a great singer
People fail to realize that music is about selling technology. When the record player was invented records had to be produced to sell the record players. Kind of the same ways the computer industry was with free software. In the early days there were tons and tons of shitty records being released like sound of the train or bossa and hawain music as RCA was able to buy catalogues overseas for little money. Now that we have mp3 and exausted selling music playing devices the shift is to selling gear to produce your own music. If popular artists release simple music it means that maybe you too can reach your dreams by making simple music. It encourages the sale of music gear. If popular music was too complex it would discourage hobbiest from trying it themselves and buying product.

something i actually could do! if i was there right now. next thread i will do just that. i only have one control room though. is that not enough? i will build another.

Did clear channel consolidating all radio stations under their umbrella ruin popular music?

>38 Posters
>182 Replies

lole

Attached: 1536462177269.jpg (938x974, 81K)

i actually told him its not something i could push right now, but he is talented. is that untrue?

He can't it might reveal his identity!!! LOL He doesnt want anyone to see the serail number of his laptop, focusrite interface and rkr5 speakers and connect the dots!
No. There was nothing to ruin. They just cut a lot of jobs. Its just business. There was never an artistic aspect to the radio. Its an advertising medium.
Again, the only thing you can push is bullshit out your ass.

this thread is starting to get really weird

>only one control room
lol you don't own a real studio then. you do what, book one client at a time? lmao

if you're a rock a&r guy why not just pay people to upvote songs by bands you work with to the front page of reddit? every day they upvote some 80s rock song to front page and jizz about so it's a massive site full of people that like rock music. why not harness that audience? it's like 50 bucks to get something on the front page. do it a handful of times for each band and the buzz will just snowball from there. that is unironically how rick & morty got so popular.

actually yes. atleast for right now.

Because he is LARPING we already established he resorted to tripfagging because his opinions are shit and dont get any action on regular threads. You know more than him

>You know more than him
well that's sad if true

lmao
>you want to come in and do some additional mixing on the record you recorded in july?
>sorry guys
>we booked another band for the next three weeks
>try another studio!
holy shit your such a bad liar bro

I'm gonna let you take over this thread with your infinite wisdom of the music industry obtained from your pointless music degree and complete lack of experience. i did have fun, and i hope my advice helped someone. i will try to make another thread soon!

>The virgin LARPER

>Glickman

oy vey!

woah. im talking about my home studio! keep in mind that i am primarily an A&R consultant. producing is NOT my primary job at all. my studio is for local artists and for demos to shop to labels. having one control room is standard for this level of work.

>now its a project studio in his spare bedroom

Attached: asian-teen-laughing-working-laptop-computer-photo-40181703.jpg (1300x957, 108K)

please actually fuck off i want him to come back for more AMAs and you're just ruining it for the rest of us by being a prick
he seems older so he's probably just a little out of touch with stuff like bandcamp

i appreciate it man. there are a lot of angry people out there with nothing better to do than derail this kind of stuff. and who can blame someone who wasted the time and money to get a music degree for being angry at the idea that someone else might actually be successful in music?

yes, mr. challenger, i am saying you are pathetic

Again a guy with a laoptop and a bigmouth. Shopping to labels LMFAO. The recording industry like all business in 2019 is a monopoly. Its a club and you aint it in.
I called it with my first post. I meet lots of guys like this who are just lonely guys. They have to make big promises just to get you to hang out with them and fuck around making tracks.

Samefagging. If you have questions just ask and he would answer. You can't even same fag properly. Waisting a post to say nothing. He hasn't even answered a question. Too busy trying to keep up his LARP which Grammy nigga already exposed.

you were molested as a child

What’s the most success you’ve seen from a truly independent artist?

>thinks that two posts within 14 seconds of each other are the same poster

macklemore
(he was independent right?)

>demos
>to shop to labels
Yeeeeah.. you just fucked yourself, game over. This isn't the 80s anymore my guy, all of the biggest hits of the last 10 years were written and recorded on a laptop while Dr. Luke or Max Martin were taking a shit. There's no such thing as a demo process anymore, recording technology has come too far.

You'd know this if you were for real but you're not...

yikes! projecting much Gustavo? Sleeping on floors, molestation larping on Yea Forums. double yikes!
Same as you. Don't look for hope in others, that is was the industry is all about. Selling dreams. You cant trust any indie cinderella story. If you like making music make music. But personally Id say Elliot Smith did pretty good going from a borrowed guitar and 4 track in the kitchen ti the academy awards, but this was in the 90s druing the indie chique thing. They could have picked anyone like Lisa Loeb. It was a 90's thing. Its like saying what black guy actor is blah blah blah. The gatekeepers want a black guy they pick one. Its not a black guy proving himself its the industry looking for one and there are plenty of people to choose from.
Ding ding ding. He is probably over 40 which makes this all the sadder. He watched too many nickelodian movies featuring "talent scouts" He should have just claimed to be a famous jingle writer like Uncle Jesse from full house.

Attached: samefagging huh.png (518x82, 5K)

I’m well aware of the phoniness of “indie Cinderella stories”, goober, I was just curious.

youtube.com/watch?v=fAWJdXJvngU
This is Gustavs perspective on the reality of the music industry. He shops demos to mr. biggs. Its almost too easy to become a rockstar. Just beam that demo tape into my biggs limo.
What perspective would someone hold within the industry that you wouldn't? The biggest indie story would be the most famous. As a member of the public you would be able to answer that question better than the hypothetical person the larper tries to be.

so whats your question? whos stopping you from asking and him answering? If he is such a beta virgin that he leaves because someone is challenging his merit what value is his opinion. do you really need to believe the LARP so bad and Im ruining the illusion for you? Like those people who take photos with impersonators on hollywood blvd?

Can you give me a job

>grammy larper asks specific question about gustavo's studio
>gustavo mistakenly answers honestly
>grammy larper laughs
>gustavo realizes the jig is up and hauls ass

Attached: tumblr_oj6353Tzkg1ui2rr4o1_1280.jpg (985x1200, 246K)

I don’t think OP is larping because he gave some relatively specific stories about some shit and none of his story comes across as too bullshit-y to me.
He mentioned that he’s older and has a son, so probably it’s just that he’s a little out of touch with shit. He seems optimistic about the state of rock too.
As for people shitting on the band he mentioned, do you really expect this older gentleman to have the same tastes as hipster millennials and zoomers?

imagine how unbelievably fucking retarded you'd have to be to be optimistic about the state of rock in this the year of our Lord 2019

ive never seen a old person start repeatedly falling for b8 on Yea Forums and seeing it happen today was pretty cool in addition to being a learning experience :)

Jig is up Gustavo. Youve been watching too many Rick Beato live streams. Should have pretended to be an underground DJ or something harder to pick apart.

>be you
>have autism

>be you
>fail at larp