I don't get it, they're just diet Swans?

I don't get it, they're just diet Swans?

Attached: Gopseed.jpg (220x220, 22K)

no but you're a stupid underage retard that can't describe music without namedropping other bands

You're literally parroting fantano

Not my favorite but definitely their best.

They do sound like swans's watershed version

What Swans do you think they sound like?

Swans as whole, soundtracks, die tur ist zu, their live performances as well

They’re faggots that killed post rock

Why does everyone hate Godspeed You Black Emperor? I listened to one of their albums a while ago and I thought it was great. The only actual criticism of it that I've seen on here was "it is redditcore".

That album on its own is more important than the entire Swans discography, die

A bit of a disingenuous statement. LYSF was a great, unique album in its own right and it's not the band's fault that it spawned an entire wave of third rate copycats that missed the more nuanced appeals of that album more often than not. It's gotten to a point where people sometimes don't even acknowledge how dynamic of a record LYSF is because of how formulaic their copycats were.

they get even too much love for being just a mediocre/boring post rock band

It's emotionally dishonest

yeah but they're actually good

give an example of an emotionally honest post rock song or album

ooo, you've peaked my interest. I like them (based on what I've heard so far), but I respect your opinion. Can you explain what about them you find "emotionally dishonest"?

It's boring. There is on average on good song per album, usually because the speech sample used in it sets the mood. The rest is about as interesting as drying paint. Technically it is extremely precise, no one can accuse them of being poor musicians, and their control of dynamics is unparalleled outside of a full size orchestra's sound but that doesn't save the music from being really dull.

Where does this happen? I thought Yea Forums loved these guys.

Every time I've seen them get mentioned a bunch of people usually say they dislike them. Maybe I've just stumbled a couple times coincidentally. Idk I could be wrong, it's just something I've observed.

In the same way that Yea Forums loves ITAOTS or MPP, sure. Once upon a time, but not a love that has uniformly made its way down as younger generations discovered the board. They're still liked but not nearly as acknowledged as they used to be.

It got REALLY boring throughout the years for some reason

This is way more palatable and straight up better than anything I've heard from Swans

They founded post rock as a genre you idiot.

Kek fucking newfags

>muh slint
>muh talk-talk

>genre
>noun
>A category of artistic composition, as in music or literature, marked by a distinctive style, form, or content
First wave "post-rock" bands have absolutely no common features when it comes to form, style, or content. Post-rock as a genre only became a thing with what people refer to as second wave. But go ahead, prove me wrong. Tell be all the similarities in style, form and content between Talk Talk's Spirit of Eden and Slint's Spiderland.

Post-rock was supposed to be about making rock songs that had a structure completely different than what has had been done before. It wasn't created as simply "calm calm build up build up BOOM EXPLOSION calm calm ambient"

>Post-rock was supposed to be
Post rock wasn't supposed to be fucking anything. it had absolutely no definition that wasn't completely vague bullshit (hurr music with guitars that isn't rock) before the second wave came around to define the sound. Tortoise isn't post-rock. Swans isn't post-rock. Slint isn't post-rock. You can't fucking define the genre in any way that would cover all these bands.

Yes it is post-rock and has always been considered post-rock and will always be considered as such whether you like it or not

Go ahead and define the genre then.

I already did. Fuck your headcanon and what you want post-rock to be. If you want to modify the bases, then go ahead invent a genre out of your ass for Laughing Stock and Bark Psychosis