Most overrated band in existence

Once I became a man around 18 or so I found this band's music to be completely incessant pseudo ironic passive aggressive whiney/bitchy and the prototype for the modern "nu male" or "soiboi" I hate interacting with so much in the world.

Surely I can't be the only one who feels this way, I understand a certain type of...mentally ill person thinks highly of them, despite them being one of the most overhyped bands in existence who's only as praised as they are because the closet homo shot himself

Attached: nirv.jpg (500x724, 47K)

Shut the fuck up Nikki
Nobody cares about your Gay Ass Band

I agree they're overrated but the songwriting skills they had were really good. Cobain knew how to pick a motif and stick to it to make a cohesive song. Musicianship aside, they are pretty decent.

Are you my ex girlfriend or something? Shut the fuck up, Mona.

are they overhyped? yes. is there music still good? yes. a lot of their creativity and songwriting abilities are overstated but they still wrote fun and simple songs that had a charming emotional intensity to them in my opinion. unfortunately, they spawned a bunch of retards who think they're artistic and creative for listening to them and made rock lose all of its charm for a few years after Kurt died.

hmm yes, very interesting

Attached: 1.png (500x244, 116K)

t. Axl "Fat Fuck" Rose

The problem was more that Studios did to Grunge what they were doing to Glam before , oversaturation and limited Creative Control making people get sick and tired of it

Then they started doing it to Punk, NuMetal, """Emo"""

This basically killed Rock

Why are you reading that much into a simple thing as fucking music?

kys you stupid bastard

they made great music

In what regard? I'd genuinely like to hear what you think was extraordinary or impressive about it.

Excuse me, Nirvana never had a drum roller coaster.

Attached: motleycrue.jpg (3600x2400, 2.94M)

they were the beatles of the 90's

you sound like you're 19 year old edgelord OP kek but i do think nirvana is overrated and their influences are better than they are and made more interesting music

is this the same hair metal cuck that always makes these nirvana hate threads

>In what regard? I'd genuinely like to hear what you think was extraordinary or impressive about it.
it gives me feels

it was the band that got me into music in the first place so they're very special to me
i love kurt cobain's lyrical style where he'd go over several different subjects in one song and create weird, disturbing, medical imagery
i love how it melds punk and hard rock into accessible pop-rock
it's a great band that could've reached amazing heights if cobain hadn't died

Wouldn't that be Ogaysis?
>i love how it melds punk and hard rock into accessible pop-rock
Now there's a point that can be discussed...I don't really see it at all, I see their songwriting as being just dingy dirty power pop, I see no overt punk or metal...I do see a sort of Beatles influenced pop rock with a much harder edge, but to me Cheap Trick did it so much better and without being soibois.

Axl "rock legend who still lives" Rose.

Attached: axlangus.jpg (780x439, 70K)

you just described radiohead

it's not oasis because they aren't remembered as fondly... or really in general
most people still like nirvana however

Radiohead is a band only a certain niche of complete losers care about, Nirvana has complete mainstream acceptance

people literally only remember radiohead as the band that did creep

this.

who cares tho

Idk, go look up the numbers GnR did on their last tour. Still a huge band, always will be, maybe not in your....rather gay household, or gay club, or whatever.

i loved nirvana at the time because it was very rough and distorted but kurt's was neither '''''''manly''''''' metal growling sounds for middle schoolers nor faggy hard rock whinning for middle aged people
it was kind of poppy with a nice edge to it
and even when gone mainstream, the band still felt quite honest
losing kurt was almost like losing a cool older brother
tl;dr op is a fag

*kurt's voice

Wow, you say thing that is contrary to mainstream opinion. Stunning & brave OP 10/10 thread.

based as fuck
i miss my brother, bros

Nah Nirvana is good

Nirvana killed rock music and ushered in the shitty buttrock era

We get it, you're 18 now and you reject what you liked in your adolscence. It's a common thing to occur even though it's kinda embarrassing when you get older

>tfw I want "buttrock" to have a proper definition but it's clearly just a word people who don't like the sound of distorted guitars throw around at random

it has raw distorted guitars and harsh yelling, but combined with catchy pop melodies
how is it not hardcore punk meets pop-rock?

This is why Nirvana is overrated. Faggots like this prime gay specimen hate metal as a whole, and somehow think this emo precursor to Nickelback was superior because it didn't offend any of their senses or remind them of real men or any hint of actual rebellion or power

Nirvana is FAGGOT music.

Buttrock was literally coined to refer to Hair Metal you idiot