Essential Metal Albums

Hey Yea Forums, rappityrapfag here. Metal seems interesting enough but i dont know any good places to start from. What would you consider 'essentials'

Attached: 1892c05.jpg (434x345, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/I4V7E
youtube.com/watch?v=woML9M5UBSc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

deathcrush

Metallica - Master of Puppets

Attached: tourist filters.jpg (2604x3420, 2.83M)

black metal is the best subgenre
ulver- bergtatt
burzum- filosofem
and deafheaven's records are a good jumping off point

Always start with the classics.

you'll love these OP

Attached: 1545840026215.jpg (1672x2084, 1.04M)

>listens to rap and wants to get into metal
mmyep, this is cringe

>black metal is the best subgenre if you want to develop tinnitus
fixed that for you

I'm was tempted to say "start with Sabbath" but maybe something dumbed down like is more accessible. Start here.

>black metal is the best sub genre
Cringe
>reccing the most boring atmoshit possible
Megacringe

Don't pay attention to anybody who suggests mostly black metal or death metal albums. They're usually faggots who love their tiny little bubble.

Deftones - White Pony

ok tourist

Here's some ways to avoid garbage
Most melodeath is garbage
Speed metal is better than trad heavy metal
All black metal after the 2nd wave is garbage
Bands that are "swe-death" other than dismembered and entombed are all garbage
Japanese power is much better than american or european
All prog metal is garbage
Mercyful fate and king diamond are based

this is an album of charts from metal general: imgur.com/a/I4V7E
you could start from this chart, it's lacking on some areas but in general is decent

Attached: 100 metal albums.jpg (975x1600, 492K)

Rap is enough cringe by itself

Pretty good songs so far but some feel really similar to eachother

metal is more cringe than rap

I came to post this. It's a phenomenal starting point, not to mention a phenomenal album. Its not really too thrashy to scare you away but thrashy enough to entice you to listen to some more stuff. If you want to go straight into some heavier stuff and skip into death metal though, I would suggest Death - Symbolic.

listen to Dopethrone right now

>feel really similar to each other

you really ARE a rap fan. do you have any idea how basic and repetitive rap is compared to metal?

ulver
burzum
deafheaven
One of these is not like the others.

To be fair he is right. Metallica is pretty repetitive.

am i going crazy or did this chart used to have Toxicity on it

listen to Rust in Peace it's better, Metallica is bad. I'm not even a Megadeth fan really but Holy Wars is like top 5 best metal songs ever written.

Wan't Type O Negative supposed to be the ultimate Chad metal or something?

wouldn't nu metal be the place to start since it sort combines metal and rap?

yeah you would think but there are also a lot of crappy crappy nu-metal bands. Like the ratio of crappy to good nu-metal bands is like 4:1. The best one that comes to mind is Rage Against the Machine or System of a Down (although system completely omits the rap part), worst one that comes to mind is probably either Papa Roach or Limp Bizkit.

Rage Against the Machine?

Real talk, if you want to get into metal and have a real understanding of it and not be a poser like most people on this board....start with 70's rock music as a whole as a starting point, you'll understand why Black Sabbath was so different then, and then you will appreciate the NWOBHM and other trad metal much more. And everything will make sense to you perfectly going forward and you won't be some confused poser wondering what elder metalfags are talking about when they mention anything pre thrash.

Attached: accept.jpg (682x579, 125K)

shut the fuck up boomer op will probably listen to djent

Accept sucks ass tb.h, but you're right otherwise

back up off my man udo!

His solo stuff was mildly better

what kind of metal do you want

do you want stuff that's catchy, something super heavy, or cheesy and fun

youtube.com/watch?v=woML9M5UBSc I got into metal when I was 15 and heard this so I'm gonna tell you the same, listen to Death

til california is metal

try bands like Mastodon and Baroness, I think they're good gateway bands

Black Sabbath - s/t, Paranoid, Master of Reality
Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny, Stained Class, Defenders of the Faith
Motörhead - Overkill, Bomber
Iron Maiden - s/t, Number of the Beast, Powerslave
Metallica - Kill 'em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets
Venom - Welcome to Hell
Bathory - s/t, Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Death - Scream Bloody Gore

this list is pretty gay now that I'm looking at it but fuck it i'm gonna post it anyway

all popular music is repetitive you morons

It's best to start with the early stuff. Jumping straight into black metal, death metal, or really any type of modern metal will get you of on the wrong foot, and you will either be completely turned off the genre or end up misundertanding it. Since you are a hip hop head I need to add that you definitely should NOT start with any metal/rap fusion genres. A: because most of it sucks, and B: because it most of the time is completely divorced from it's metal roots, which will make it very difficult for you to get into other subgenres.
Start with the trad and thrash basics and move on from there. Also, ask in /metal/ general. It is more helpful than you would expect.

Attached: 1562958421279.jpg (3330x7200, 3.64M)

Based

Attached: wD142OS_d.jpg (640x522, 49K)

This is terrible advice. Don't listen to this bait OP

I agree. Start out with the uber-popular bands like sabbath, judas priest, iron maiden then metallica, megadeth

I recommend powerslave

Tool - Fear Inoculum

roll

Maybe throw in Paradise Lost's Gothic somewhere down the line. Bathory's later stuff is worth checking out separately for the pioneering Viking sound. Industrial stuff could also be a good entry point for OP.

When Obscenity Becomes the Norm by Angkor Wat