I like it

I like it

Attached: Tool_-_Fear_Inoculum.png (300x300, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WIwR3dN6Id0
mega.nz/#F!vLI0QASa!eEYNQ2-l0JpgzojMYKY8Eg
kingdom-leaks.com/index.php?/forums/topic/27928-tool-fear-inoculum-2019/
thestranger.com/seattle/sound-check/Content?oid=10046729
youtube.com/watch?v=-uc9r1uf5ms
youtube.com/watch?v=ojastIWl9sA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Me too

Same
Chocolate Chip Trip is the best on the album.

Maynards vocals used to be the highlight, now the band is. I think maynard recognizes his age and just plays backup. Probably ranked ahead of 10k days if you like the music and behind if you're more about vocals.

It was always about Danny and Justin, Maynard was supplemental.

Idk, I didn't listen to the leak.
But only by listening to descend live, invincible live and fear inoculum single, I kinda wish it was all instrumental for now.
See you in a week (I'm too lazy to search and download leaks, and Im not so rabid to not be able... to wait it out.... Waaaait it ooouut)

I like it a lot

>danny and paul d'amour
>danny and justin
>danny

maybe its just about danny

tool is gay, listen to battles ;)

Maynard was essential on Aenima and Lateralus.

>I think maynard recognizes his age and just plays backup.
yep

>I kinda wish it was all instrumental for now.
it kinda easy. many many long passages with no vocals

I wanted to like it as kind of a guilty pleasure but then I remembered that they're pieces of shit and their music has been boring af since 1996.

Attached: 45h6.png (398x239, 17K)

Maynard banged lots of roadies up until like 2006. What's wrong with that?

Attached: h8grdzp.png (1538x1052, 72K)

I think you mean groupies? Not that it would be any shock if he banged his roadies too.

Yes, I am aware that all of the Crowley-aficionado rock bands of the late 20th century were systematically exploiting their teenage audience and that doing so was actually the whole point of touring.

Attached: 45n67rtge456.png (741x498, 55K)

Very lazy vocals. Seemed more concerned for the lyrics than the melody. Even at that, the lyrics ended up sounding bad and cliche. Instruments were on point. Descending and 7empest are the only songs maynard is slightly above average at. Hopefully the cut songs will bring something new.

He definitely let his vocal chops stretch a little on the second half of Descending, wish we got more of that because it's still clean and sounds good.

Maynard is obviously too old to go BLAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH at this point.

but they shouldn't have cut songs so much as edited the ones they had.

this
lyrics were terrible in 90% of the album,and vocal melodies were meh. I'm pretty sure maynard genuinely hates tool now
>cookies and cream
really white nigger?

Is there a link to the digital bonus tracks?

r e t a r d

>Maynards vocals used to be the highlight

Attached: danny-carey.jpg (200x200, 12K)

Based Reddit.
youtube.com/watch?v=WIwR3dN6Id0

When is he going to make solo instrumental albums?

I hope soon. A side project would be neat.
He plays live shows all the time with some funky progressive jazz band at some club called the Baked Potato I believe. Would be nice if they released something at some point.

DOWNLOAD WHERE
>DOWNLOAD WHERE
DOWNLOAD WHERE
>DOWNLOAD WHERE
DOWNLOAD WHERE
>DOWNLOAD WHERE
DOWNLOAD WHERE
>DOWNLOAD WHERE
DOWNLOAD WHERE
>DOWNLOAD WHERE
DOWNLOAD WHERE
>DOWNLOAD WHERE
DOWNLOAD WHERE
>DOWNLOAD WHERE
DOWNLOAD WHERE
>DOWNLOAD WHERE
DOWNLOAD WHERE
>DOWNLOAD WHERE
DOWNLOAD WHERE
>DOWNLOAD WHERE
DOWNLOAD WHERE
>DOWNLOAD WHERE
DOWNLOAD WHERE
>DOWNLOAD WHERE
DOWNLOAD WHERE
>DOWNLOAD WHERE
DOWNLOAD WHERE
>DOWNLOAD WHERE

it's on red

wot

mega.nz/#F!vLI0QASa!eEYNQ2-l0JpgzojMYKY8Eg

Here's the not-shit quality version
>kingdom-leaks.com/index.php?/forums/topic/27928-tool-fear-inoculum-2019/

Some niche reddit communities can still be cool.

based

Dude fucking thank you. I've been looking for a good quality link this past hour. I already preordered the album weeks ago but I couldn't help myself in waiting any longer. Only on Invincible, but so far this album has been worth it as a long time fan.

Is there an easier way to download the link? Because it's forcing me to stay on the page, and it looks like it will be a while for it to download...

10,000 days is better.

Reminder that what you all have done is wrong and the exact reason you wont be getting another Tool album. Hope youre ashamed of yourselves

Attached: 20190825_170855.jpg (331x190, 24K)

holy shit Invincible might be their best song

Attached: 9b3.png (640x480, 1.43M)

Whats that?
Hoardes of fans preordering a physical CD in 2019 is something to be ashamed of?

I liked Descending better.

Descending gang

Based.

Attached: 1566771259749.jpg (705x435, 32K)

Maynard is a serial rapist of small boys

Gotta summon his creativity somewhere. Id say its a good trade off.

THANK YOU SO MUCH

7empest is really fucking good

Attached: spingebill.gif (500x278, 499K)

Hi, Maynay

Attached: 1525266738345.png (857x264, 32K)

Danny's drumming sounds sloppy in parts. Like he's slightly off the beat. Either that or the guitars are out of time.
Also the guitar distortion often sounds weak. Especially when it rings out.
Some sections of the songs sound too stripped down like it's a demo. Takes away from the atmosphere of the previous sections.
The production is too clean.
The guitar "solo" in the gong section isn't as epic as it could be. The guitar is in mono in the centre of the mix. There needs to be some stereo delay or reverb to widen the sound. Maybe it sounds ok on speakers (I'm using headphones)
I don't care about the lack of agression but most of Maynard's vocal melodies are boring.

Outside of that I like the album

That's a stretch. Elaborate groupie magick, however is not.

I'm oscillating between Invincible, Descending, and 7empest. If I can come back over and over to three songs in a seven song album, I'll consider that a win.

7empest really comes out on top for me. It seems like a more thought out, longer version of Aenima which has always been my favorite Tool song

My thoughts too.

You're welcome bros.

I really really like pneuma... but so far I've only heard pneuma and invincible. Invincible is fucking amazing. But something about pneuma russles my jimmies.

WE

WUZ

KANGZ

7empest is it man.

My favourite Tool songs are Schism, Lateralus and Vicarious, how much will I like this album?

Attached: 36286eda87839309b6e94067ac42b7ce.png (467x692, 54K)

the shills are out in full force holy shit

yes

Get this pedo rapist off my board!

the first song is the schism of this album

Don't be jealous, incel.

>shills
>only way to get this is to steal it

>have sex

Attached: glowmaynard.png (433x78, 7K)

>i happen to be very attractive
>gets denied by a bald manlet

not buying it

Attached: cmon son.jpg (427x290, 20K)

It's like people don't understand voice/tone in communication and rhetoric. Is Rosetta Stoned cringe? There are phrases like that in it. It's because different songs are coming from a different place and voice/character

I'm sorry i meant the 2nd
I skipped the first due to overlistening pls no bully

I really like Pneuma. I keep going back to it, I know it's simple and kind of soft but I like the feel of it a lot. It's kind of uplifting.

Implying labels don't do this deliberately for hype because they'll increase they're streaming numbers
Maynard rapes young boys

The only good song to come out of this crap band is The Pot

Objectively the rest is garbage
>le 14 minute song

Attached: 1566610166640.jpg (500x522, 59K)

>waited 13 years
>couldn't wait 4 more days

Attached: FB_IMG_1566767923703.jpg (700x933, 167K)

I think the 7empest lyrics are just awful. Very cliche. The remaining tracks I don't have any issue with. It's a shame because 7empest seriously fucking slaps.

implying tool is going to gain new fans in this year of our lord 2019 by leaking an album

everyone who would like tool is already a fan imo

Is it an anti-trump song bros? Kinda cringe

i don't. fight me bitch

you guys think Joe Rogan will enjoy this album?

it's ambiguous like almost all of their lyrics. It's about whatever you need it to be.

Projecting faggot.

That's like asking if Jesus will enjoy the Holy Spirit.

I'm sure he'll say it reminds him of led zeppelin since that's literally his only point of reference. The most basic shit. he doesn't know shit about music, or anything really. He just watches chimp videos and gets high.

Based

That descending solo though...... jesus christ. Amazing.

Who fucking knows. I don't care about that. It seems more personal to me but uninspired and lacking the conceptual poetics of stuff like Jimmy, Pushit, or Reflection. There's interpretation going around that it is about those rape accusations. Still, I'd say musically this album is up there. Maynard needs to stop having his vineyard patrons write his lyrics.

I think that one will need a few more listens to get acclimated to, but I don't hate it.

wtf the mixing is ass

Attached: htq9BAN.jpg (1536x2048, 1.38M)

that's a tasty CD

>Maynard rapes young boys
Based on what evidence

>judging the album mix by a CD rip some amateur did

You can compare this ripped version to the version of the title track on streaming services and if you have a brain you can see that the official version sounds better.

>hear descending live and get disappointing

>hear album version

Attached: pee.jpg (800x571, 62K)

Lateralus, Schism, Aenema, Sober, Vicarious, Parabola all great songs. Plus some more but yeah most of their songs aren't good.

>the solo in descending's studio version

Attached: Joey.png (430x490, 195K)

Fear Inoculum must be Latin for Greatest Hits.

Joe Rogan has never heard a song

his favorite tool song is prison sex so probably not

>Invincible

Attached: Manlytears3.jpg (600x804, 65K)

song's fucking ace, fuck god damn

>CHASING PONCE
>DE LEON

Attached: FED.jpg (176x240, 10K)

Culling voices sounds like a long APC song so far but everything before was BALLER

Aenima > Lateralus >> Fear Inoculum >>> 10k Days > Undertow

Nvm the bassline kicked in

Take your bad taste here:

Not sure why everyone rates Undertow so low. Every song on that album is great except maybe Disgustipated. The title track is one of my favorite Tool songs. Honestly as I've gotten older I might put Aenima below it because it just feels kind of angsty now, and I've heard Stinkfist and Aenema a million god damned times. (not that H. and Jimmy aren't fucking great songs.)

There is no evidence. They're just taking all the groupie-related allegations into the realm of absurdity.

Attached: de2bbf45b8dd928ee0df9a02bcd4f119.png (535x311, 32K)

I really liked undertow as well but how i got there was by hearing their popular shit, going through their whole discography, hating undertow, over listening to their popular shit, Then finally loving undertow

>shut it down
worried, maynard?

>WARRIOR
>STRUGGLING
>TO REMAN
>RELEVANT

Attached: DtC5INZXgAU1fFH.jpg (569x673, 53K)

Is chocolate chip trip something i'd only get by listening to entire tool albums on acid?

i hate it

7empest sounds straight out of undertow

>Is Rosetta Stoned cringe?
yes, actually

Disgustipated is my favorite track on that album :(

Maynard's vocals in the beginning do in a way. I really fucking loved it when he first came in on that song, but it kind of fizzled out for me. It's a great song, but it's honestly not my favorite on the album like most people. For me it's Pneuma>Descending>Invincible>7empest>Fear Inoculum>Culling Voices

I'm not sure if it's intended to be like a "Joke" song but they've always put shit like that on their album. I'm just not a drum solo fan at all, but it's actually listenable to me if that says anything.

I appreciate the drumming, everything else not so much.

undertow just doesnt have the dimension that aenema has. you know this. still a great album though.

I dunno. It's definitely a tool album. I guess if you like tool and their time thing they do it's a good album. It just feels uninspired.

>uninspired
what an empty memeword

10,000 Days is more atmospheric than the new album

Why because it literally has thunderstorm sounds on the title track? Brainlet. We haven't even heard the interludes yet either.

Attached: 1566260934151.png (622x487, 51K)

The only thing I'll give 10k days is that is has a far less tired sounding Maynard on vocals. Which I can't even blame him given that he's in his 50s now, most people can't keep belting out high notes when they're over the hill.

The song structures are more fluid on 10,000 Days. The new album has more of a stop-start feel to the song structures and more of a dry sound to the instruments

Not cool if true

Attached: manythanks.png (636x468, 64K)

I was 20, and I had gotten my drivers license when I was 17. But my father didn't let me drive on my own till I was 19. I appreciate that now, because he was able to monitor me and make sure I was being safe, etc. Like I said, I was 20...

I was driving with a couple of my friends, bumping Ænima, ironically enough. My buddy riding shotgun came up with some joke, I can't honestly recall what it was but, it's not that important. The point was I cracked up, laughing so hard that I threw my head back, one of those laughs where no sound comes out, forcing me to close my eyes.

BANG! Next thing I know, we had hit the divider and were up on two wheels. All of us screaming, I fought my instincts to slam on the brakes and somehow ended up moving into the oncoming lane. The tires that were still on the ground must have struck the oncoming car because my car did a 360 and ended up on the roof. This was 1997, so seat belt laws were a bit more lax than they are today. My buddy riding shotgun hit the roof and broke his neck. Dead instantly. My airbag deployed and slammed my glasses into the bridge of my nose. Broken windshield blasted into my eyes, shredding my face. There was blood all over my face and in my eyes. I managed to pull myself out of the broken windshield, from under the hood of my overturned car, and toward the curb, rolling onto my back and wiping the blood from my eyes.

I blink and turn my head to look down the road. A car had stopped, it's driver came out and was running toward us. His arm outstretched, I assume he's going to try and pull me further away from the wreckage, in case my car should explode.

As he gets closer, I can see its Maynard (!). I could not believe my eyes. I thought I was hallucinating. I look again at his outstretched hand and realize that it ends in an upturned middle finger. He gets up close enough so I can hear him say "fuck you" before getting back in his car, swerving around the scene of my accident, and driving away.

>he owns a cellphone

Attached: 1536900243607.jpg (600x536, 81K)

I was 13 and had to have my appendix removed. I was waiting for the surgeon to enter the room and say hello before the operation got underway -- that sort of thing. When he entered the room, I instantly recognized him as none other than Maynard James Keenan. Immediately, I shouted, "OH MY GOD!" He almost instantaneously raised his fat, sausage-like middle finger to my face and said "FUCK YOU" and refused to operate on me. My appendix burst and I died. I still bump Lateralus every fuccin day boi

Attached: sober.png (640x480, 16K)

What's with the Guitar Rig tier distortion on the new album?

I saw Maynard at a grocery store in this hopeless fucking hole we call LA yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “oh, like you're doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “learn to swim, learn to swim” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by whispering "hey, hey, hey, hey" really loudly.

Everyone saying this is trolling fyi

>17
wow it's fucking nothing

legal in nearly every state

>Descending just clicked

Attached: 1495299529_Nisemonogatari_Toothbrush_gif.gif (480x270, 1.88M)

Old people have poor hearing

No, you don't, you fell for the TOOL meme

Yeah but how did you feel about the new album?

I don't know what the album sounds like yet because I'm not an utter piece of shit who only seeks to serve my desire for instant gratification and I'm actually waiting to hear it as Tool intended. Why? Because I'm not a piece of shit and I respect the band.

SEETHE

Descending is truly incredible

hypercringe

That final verse is what sealed the deal for me.

Bro, it leaked in FLAC already.

Maynard anally raped an 8 year old boy for a ceremonial sex magick ritual

Thats me on Pneuma first listen

>17 is a problem
kill yourselves at your earliest convenience, feministcucks

>It's uploaded in FLAC so it's ok
I dunno, I guess I value having the actual CD and artwork and all.

What powers did he get from it? Was it worth it?

It's a shame that if Maynard didn't completely phone it in both vocally and lyrically this could have been their greatest album.

I think they created a cure for insomnia. Phenomenally boring album

I could imagine him just recording all of his parts at his studio in jerome and sending the files in.

that's actually what he did. he did not join the rest of the band in the same physical location for tracking. he cut vocals at his house.

And likely sent the files from his smartphone. He literally fucking phoned it in.

Not hard to believe, but, source?

fuck, i can't remember exactly, it was from either a scanned zine interview or that recent danny carey audio interview, so it's definitely true. it shouldn't surprise you, many albums were done with band members not even seeing each other.

Not hard to believe, but source?

also i would recommend listening to that danny carey video, he sounds drunk or lit as fuck or something, he's real amped up and it's pretty entertaining, sounds like a complete boomer

>source?
maynard itt and running the board tonight

The song Undertow is the lyrical pinnacle of Tool content.

Dude he was obviouslyfucking wasted towards the end, it was great. You could hear ice cubes clinking in a glass a few times

Boomer tier band

Bottom is a fucking banger dude. That alone I'd put it behind Aenima..

new album is low test :l

why the fuck are you posting if you have nothing to contribute to the thread?
no one cares that you didnt listen, go jack off to a mirror you high and mighty faggot

songs above 5 minutes are objectively terrible

Aww butthurt Tool member in his precious thready

damn.... yo're right....

So?

He did the same with Lateralus

Evil Joe was there anyway

>He literally fucking phoned it in
>What's my proof? Ha, because he likely sent the files with his phone. My theory is all the proof you should need.

also, fucking alex grey again. olympic torch artwork is such shit coming from the guy that did lateralus and web of being. i like they brought in a couple of other artists but fuck, cam de leon was seriously the man. also, why the fuck won't adam just do the artwork for once?

whole album literally sounds like the vocals were added last minute and Maynard wasn't at all involved with the composition of the album, which is probably what happened. Danny is killing it though.

its all the parts of tool i like the least and almost none of the parts i like the most

You must just like the angsty stuff. They're 50+ now, people grow out of those phases.

Thats how all their vocals are done. Jmk waits till they produce. Sits in his truck and makes lyrics

Something's different though, at least in 10,000 Days vocals seemed more "integrated" into the composition, much more inspired and purposeful. Now they just seem to be a vehicle for the lyrics and not the other way around.

You don't like 2 minutes of deep spiritual introspection followed by 12 minutes of low-fi djent vaporware riffs and a semi flaccid climax? You're stuck in the past. Tool has evolved from the childish alt-metal you grew up with.

Attached: 0d83164080c927bf137cffd7f5725227.png (147x158, 20K)

Culling Voices is the best song on the album by far. Its the only one where I actually felt anything resembling an emotion.

>no one can dislike tool
hi, tool. you guys are absolutely awful wothnyour shilling. worse than clairo or billie.

now that we know you ALL rape kids, future threads will not be focused solely on maynard's rape of young boy

I like the album but it does bother me that most of the tracks have a couple minutes of solid vocals at the beginning and then a long ass jam session. I mean the jams are good, but it does feel empty sometimes

Pneuma is my fave. I'm gonna have to give culling voices a few more listens.

A lot of these songs start off decent but then just devolve into some of the most boring jams I've ever heard, all of which sound the same and oftentimes completely ignore the tone and mood set up beforehand. Its bizarre.

im hoping the video player in the album at least has some cool visuals for the songs so maybe we can see the "journey" they seem to be trying to paint with all this shit but right now it feels like they sat on too much jamming for too long and just crammed it all in

Rekt

ultimate pleb opinion rating undertow last

butthurt because you didn't listen to the album? no really, nobody cares about something you didn't do.

I just remembered Danny mentioning in that podcast that Maynard came to him a few times for help figuring it where they were when writing these songs. Maybe they did just jam too much and he couldn't figure out a theme or message

Tool shreds. Fuck these faggots.

>shreds
I don't think you know what that word means

>Chocolate chip trip

Attached: universe-wojak-thinking.png (608x715, 452K)

Shreds the assholes of prepubescent boys, you mean. Well, so far we only know Maynard but from the threads tonight it seems the other guys want us to know they're part of it as well.

They gave us a pretty good album that sounds like Tool
not sure what more we could want

Tempest is far from my favorite song honestly

Adam did all the 3D stuff

the first few minutes are the best of the album but i cant into the rest of it that much

absolutely based

I know, I should have been more clear - adam creates a lot of stuff for them, especially with the videos; of course, the best videos are stuff not seeped in alex grey visual aesthetics, but when he flexes his fucking real artistic skills. i just wish, cut out all the middlemen and see what happens, or, find a new fucking collaborator.

its like they took what they had going in Right in Two, crammed a bunch of jambi riffs in the middle, then neutered the climax

I think the torch is the coolest piece to come out of the album, a lot better than than the cover at least

Chocolate Chip Trip is the only unique song in the album and also the only good one.

Every great musician started playing to get pussy, plus teenagers are fun to fuck. What's your problem with that?

>best song is Invincible
>live version is better

Attached: e284d9db41da20417e73a1783f9af5a36e9d348c.jpg (600x350, 19K)

Maynard rapes 8 year old boys. Mayne in your world that's normal. Most peoplr consider it a crime and worse

imagine replying to yourself 100 posts later by LARPing as someone who has experience with teens. odd stuff, odd stuff

based
I enjoyed my first listen, I’m gonna give it another spin tomorrow and see if anything stuck in my subconscious.
with this, Infest the Rats Nest and the new Tropical Fuck Storm album, it’s shaping up to be a good month.

Attached: 62EF2B54-17F2-436A-8C65-F2F6D1C066B2.jpg (384x384, 24K)

I can’t tell whether you’re trolling or not but Mirrored was a great album

Its good but
I cant remember how any songs sound

that is one of the basedest stories I’ve ever read. you might be a faggot user.

the most based story of tool is maynard raping the 8 year old boy in the ass for a sex magick ritual as per a satanic cult. did you read that one?

source for this?

FUCK *dog bark in the distance* HERE WE GO AGAIN

give it a few years and someone will figure out what divergent time signatures they're using and then it'll make sense as to why it sounds that way.

Heat lighting flash, butdon'tblink. Misleading
Look what I'm, plannin'
You'reusing way too many napkins

no but you’re right, it sounds pretty dang based. did he get whatever was promised to him for completing the ritual?

Well you saw the chaet activity didn't you? He set a record. Based Maynard the serial rapist pedo. Only this time hw got caught in these times, so he's toast. It's been under investigation a while. After the album rolls out it'll public. The last album. He will likely face prison time. He made quite a deal, appparently. I figured he'd be locked up faster

not him and i don't know exactly but i think it might be an interview with jim rose of the jim rose circus

Pretty mediocre

I found it because I wanted to know if there was more groupie stories

thestranger.com/seattle/sound-check/Content?oid=10046729

STAY THE READING OF OUR SWAN SONG AND EPILOGUE

Attached: damn.png (507x498, 387K)

the whole album sounds like every other tool song ever. yeah, album is good but holy shit try something new. why keep making the same fucking album over and over again?

>implying that lateralus sounds like opiate

We bought three... did you?

Eulogy exists

>WE KNOW YOUR NATUREEEEEEEE

Attached: 1542416290397.jpg (500x336, 17K)

@10:35 on tempest was very enjoyable.

Invincible is Scythian pilled

soulseek

Pnuema is my favourite track so far, but that may change.

Not a prog rock person and this has been really nice to sink into, amongst their other work. 10,000 Days is fantastic.

Attached: johnmaussquare.jpg (1061x1061, 749K)

>Descending solo at 10:30

Attached: 123948092384234.png (897x734, 898K)

This isn’t even remotely true

You should feel bad for having this opinion

How do you play chords and a solo at the same time?

What’s the point of bass in a band?

Riffslinging Undertow chaos
That aint no shit

>Pneuma

Attached: billie_nuggie.jpg (474x266, 12K)

the bass is arguably the most important part of tool

justin is the spine of the group
everyone else dances around him

7empest>Pneuma>Invincible>Descending>Fear Inoculum>Culling Voices

I've listened four straight times now (on Soundcloud, no non-vocal tracks). Last two minutes of Invincible are stunning.

low-end frequencies for your mix, it's like a "glue" for the music if done right

I ate a banana for lunch today.

SOUND THE DREAD ALARM

Attached: 1359973848768.gif (320x454, 1.93M)

>mfw last 2 minutes of Invincible

Attached: 1514151155132.png (382x383, 181K)

Mah nigga, literally the one tune that really ibring something to the Tool sound, although being kinda loopy, the ethereal synths at the beginning are quite special and after that it comes a great build up. Simple song yet the best one in the album.

spotted the bassfag

why does everyone on reddit like pneuma so much
it's boring

You might still be a piece of shit

i know right, its the most tedious thing they've ever done. Maynard is completely useless on it

*sprints towards you with 15 minute long shit songs*

Attached: maynard.png (640x427, 496K)

Why are you on reddit?

Its their best song since lateralus.

Why wait when you can listen to it now?

Yes

There's already links to 320 kbs mp3s and FLAC files floating around.

>17 is underage
Fuck off mutts.

How naive do you have to be at 17 to not realize that when an old man you've never met before tells you to get into the bathtub with him it's probably just because he wants to fuck you? Unless you knew and did it anyways. 17 is perfectly acceptable where I'm from.

the whole album except from chocolate chip trip feels like the same riff to me

Yeah, my 9 inch banana

No its a based song

Undertow is their best album

Only wings for marie. I think they composed that one together but the rest of that album and lateralus were done just the same as FI

It's their most accessible album but yeah it has the most good tool songs on one disc. The vinyl's pretty sweet.

no danny is and paul d amour was better

Maynard always waits to start writing until all the instruments are done and the music has been recorded.

IKR?

Are they going to fucking finally repress their albums? I want Ænima on vinyl but am not about to drop 300 on it

The drums are and always have been the center piece of Tool's music. Justin compliments Danny well but it's all Danny in reality.

Maynard didn't write any of the music. All he did was write the lyrics and sing them. The rest of the band control the music.

There like a hundred different riffs on 7empest alone, and is not even my favourite in the album.

Actually based

I wonder how you ended up on a music board

Its about 4 minutes too long and has cringe lyrics

>Descending>Fear Inoculum>Culling Voices>Invincible>7empest>Pneuma

Pneuma doesn't even belong on the album. Sounds like a Puscifer song.

Chocolate Chip Trip is a pretty cool durm solo. Can't be really counted as a song since people either love it or hate it.

Ok, I can't be the only one who noticed this. Some of the drum parts are slightly off the beat. Not in a hugely noticeable way, more like a Lars Ulrich noticeable way.

i've seen people say that. are their any specific parts you could point to ?

kinda fun to find out what time signature shenaningans danny has gotten up to this time. other than that, kinda stale and uninspired. I've heard much better stuff amongst '70s prog.

I thought this too at first but then I downloaded the 320 kbs and flac files and it sounded fine.
It's due to the bass and guitar sounding muddy on the bad quality files because there's so much going on and the heavy guitar distortion doesn't help in that case.

Tempest > Descending > Invincible > Fear Inoculum > Pneuma > Culling Voices > CCTrip

10:24 - 10:52 in Descending

6.5/10

>mentions 70's prog.

Go back to your coffin you came from.

Nah, drums are on time. In perfect unison with the bass.
t. drummer

Maybe it's the guitar then

Highlight of the album: drums.
Best track: Pneuma.

Attached: 1563241781950.jpg (720x716, 70K)

Guitar is playing in a different time signature which is why it sounds off. It's still on time. Ya it sounds weird and I guess it makes sense to the untrained ear to think it's off time.

Yeah some of the high tom hits are coming in too early

No they aren't.

Ok Danny ;)

Danny losing his touch. Drums are way off on most songs.

>Become so masterful at polyrhythms and interplaying different time signatures plebs genuinely believe the insturments are off
Tool have done it again.

Time to hang up the sticks Danny

Is right

youtube.com/watch?v=-uc9r1uf5ms

This is better than any song on FI.

>initial reaction to title track was it's just okay
>think album will just be a 6/10 and we'll all forget about it in like a few weeks
>lately it was growing on me
>listen to the leak
>it's fucking amazing first listen
Holy fuck. Why did I ever doubt them.

D:

have you ever dilled a doe? Because you are one.

BURN

>The drums are and always have been the center piece of Tool's music. Justin compliments Danny well but it's all Danny in reality.
oh yeah, user. danny is special, even relative to the rest of the group

youtube.com/watch?v=ojastIWl9sA

Boring so far. The boys just jamming and Maynard singing random words. Pretty lazy.3 songs in

Fucking 10/10 boiz. Would Crusade to!

Attached: 097534567.jpg (300x455, 24K)

>mfw its actually really fucking good

Attached: 1434290690234.gif (325x235, 1.59M)

serious Merkaba vibes from CCT

woah sounds pretty serious and not at all likes something a paranoid schizophrenic made up!! I’ll keep my ears open, thank you brave pedo crusader!

this
Eulogy is the best song ever, let alone the best Tool song

Songs would be more enjoyable if they just were instrumentals. Maynard is starting to drag this band down, which is a shame because up until 10,000 days he was great too.

Descending is 10 times better than anything on 10000 days

I think it's because the rest of the band has been at least writing together for the past 13 years and he doesn't partake in that at all. Then he comes in at the end and tries to understand the songs and write some lyrics and melodies in a couple months and it feels like he's floundering. I'm still loving the album, but lyrically and vocally it's kind of weak.

I don't think paul would have been able to write schism

What's everyone's gripe with 10,000 days on this board?

Rossetta Stoned, Vicarious, Jambi, The Pot

Great songs

I really dislike Vicarious lyrics

I don't know
>Vicariously I live while the whole world dies. Much better you than I.
pretty brutal lyric imo

>lying in bed after saying gn to my gf

EXHALE
EXPEL

Attached: Opdmn7H.gif (320x258, 328K)

>She used a poison
>In his tea
this part bothers me so much

meh
I just treat that as a passing lyric. Kind of added on rather than a statement in and of itself.

it's not terrible, but I see where you're coming from.

Invincible album's version sounds incredible.

Attached: 1566781884481.jpg (1010x897, 68K)

so nothing, just sharing some info my friend

>find a new fucking collaborator.
exactly. i love when bands reinvent the visual aspect for each album - or at least for each fucking decade (or "era"). reusing alex grey shit over and over is just lazy.

Didn’t they use like 5 or so other artists for this album?

>Tempest final part

Attached: 6a00d83451c0aa69e2022ad3a2b147200b-800wi.png (600x315, 103K)

because of the pseudospiritual cringe lyrics, this is reddit psychology in a nutshell

this
Sounds like Puscifer song.
Worst song on the album.

are you his fucking biographer? shut the fuck up

Who got on your tits today user?

If shes been a fan since the 90s then shes at least 40. Why is she surprised she isnt let backstage?

No but there's multiple interviews where he explains this.
It's Justin and Adam that take the most time writing songs.

i dont know, but at a glance it's all psychedelic eyes and flames like the last two.

danny is absolutely not the foundation of the songs

he's absolutely the best member, but he's not the one keeping it on the rails

It's a fucking symphony. The most instrument heavy album they've ever produced. Maynard basically backing vocals. And band seemed like it put in tons of work to elaborate the songs. The whole album flows. I'm curious if the segues will tie everything further. From fear inoculum to decending you get a longer song every time, sort of like each song builds off the previous. Then culling voices is the breather, cctrip is where things get weird and you're listening to alien music, and then you get slammed at the end with 7empest. Conceptually this is more interdependent than Lateralus. I would love to see the whole album played start to finish in concert. This is tool's magnum opus and final album.

>This is tool's magnum opus and final album.

Sad its their last.

Happy for a new tool album. :)

It hasn't been confirmed to be their last, I just think it's likely.

AOTY by far.

The Baked Potato is a venue in LA

unironically good for >tool

puscifer is good
pneuma isn't

ADHD nerd spotted