/synth/ general

Discuss all things about synths.

Attached: moog_minimoogd.jpg (600x302, 72K)

Long life to Behringer

Absolutely, the model d is based. I can't wait for their obx-a reissue.

Lemme see your setup, user.

i want the ms20 clone with eurorack voltages

repro 5 is better than the hardware

I just got a Roland Super Jv1080 :)

if i own a tx816 usa model with 60hz can i run it on 50hz frequency without issue?

u-he gays

damn. dream synth. just make sure the voltage is stepped down properly and u should be good i think. it's all rectified and filtered in the psu.

and also idk about the tx816 but a lot of synths have universal trafos so either switchable or just a matter of re-soldering the inlet wires.

its called the k2

i just got an mpk mini controller, and am pretty happy with what you get for 100 bucks. imma gonna make a setup in super collider and make some tunes. maybe later get some analog gear.

wasp clone when
pro one when
rd-9 looks pretty sick 2

I played with a Model D and wasn't feeling it (a friend of mine got it and he was in charge of the controller so maybe that sucked). But knobs just dot feel right, some feel feel extremely hard and others extremely sensible. So it's easy to fuck up the spund you just spent an hour dialing.
Wished Uli just cloned the guts but used better materials. That thing with *brute type knobs would be perfection.
They nailed the filter

nothing in that post has anything to do with synthesizers

Very nice synth engine, you can also do some minor microtonal stuff. I regret selling my JV2080.

i have just bought an MS-20 mini as my first hardware synth as i dont have much disposable income so ive been relying on vsts controlled by my keystep for a while.

should i get a behringer UM2 or scarlette solo to record it? not well versed in the subject and apart from longevity and more ports, is there any benefit from spending more than the bare minimum?

Attached: ms.jpg (960x1280, 168K)

>hours fiddling with the knobs
>manage to create an awesome accordion-type one
>even record a video on my phone to remember it
>month later hang out with some friends to jam and 420
>now it's the time to use that sound
>try dialing but doesnt even come close
>cant browse the phones gallery because jam session
>end up just doing filter sweeps
I love this little bastard but it can be an asshole sometimes

Attached: arturia_arturia-microbrute-creation_1.jpg (800x800, 79K)

why would anyone, ever, buy a shitenger produc?

The Scarlette seems good enough for basic recording. How is the MS 20? I've had my eyes on it lately

If your question is about what audio interface to get, go for the scarlett. It has better support and works on loonix.
Or get an old used M-Audio MobilePre from craigslist and call it a day (avoid any current m-audio interface like the plague)

glad to hear your opinion user. elaborate on why you think its bad.
from only my VST experience, to me it is a more versatile minimoog, with a much different particular sound/timbre. i bought it so i could learn about patching as i only have been learning the subject from the modular moog by arturia (vst) and its not super fun to learn on the computer like that. but after all its a lot different. the patchbay seems kinda peculiar from what ive come across.
i see. but i really want to know why the scarlette is better, seems to have the same specs and such?

Imagine being a shill.

by the way also, seeing this reminded me that while the keys are much different from the piano ofc, they feel quite good at the price range its at.
hated the feel of that microbrute's keys. my friend had one.

Yeah, the microbrute keys are very shitty but so are the ones on the microkorg (at least the last silver box batch). I use an external sequencer so barely touch them anyways, but it's ok to have them in case you have to test patches and they dont take too much space. But I get why they ditched them in the Minibrute 2S
What irked me about the Model D is that they didn't even include a "push it" button like the one in the Mopho to try it out without a controller. Sounds like a pet peeve but it was (one of the many) reasons I sold my Blofeld. Not being able to lay in bed and just play around is a buzzkill for a portable synth

The brute series looks cool but I can't stand playing with a tiny ass keyboard. Just put a full sized one or make it rack.

If you are on a budget I would suggest the scarlett but it's not a good investment for the future since it has very limited in and outs. If you want to spend 100 bucks just buy an umc404hd new and call it a day.

Tell me about the Volca series. What's good and bad about it?

Attached: 51PEFDxqbSL._AC_SY400_.jpg (484x291, 36K)

>Pros:
>cheap
>small

>Cons:
>cheap
>small

Fuck Behringer

thanks for the recommendation, seems scarlette is the way to go but i dont know why

So pic related?

Good
>portable
>sound decent
>fun for about a month

Cons
>shit build quality
>tiny knobs that will eventually break and replacing them costs as much as getting a new one, or more
>MIDI implementation is whack at best
>no audio input jack so you need a mixer and lots of adapters to use more than one, even if you just want to sketch something
>speaker will inevitably die after a year
>get boring after the second month

They are basically toys, in that aspect, they are better than POs and/or kaossilators (althou those are more fun as mini grooveboxes). For the same price or less you can get a 1st gen Electribe that BTFOs any volca in every way

Attached: MiniBrute2S-large.jpg (750x499, 58K)

guys im thinking about buying my first hardware im wondering what you think, my budget is about 800 usd and i want something mainly for home but pobably for live to so sequencer would be cool
minibrute2s or deepmind 12 or digitakt
i like fat basess of brute and sequencer, i can imagine capabilities of deepmind, and i like sampling and have quite a lot of my own libraries that would be usefull with digitakt. I guess brute would be best for live, deepmind for studio and digitakt for hands of screen beatmaking any ideas?

>synths and electronic music is beyond faggy
>Zoomers..

More support, better drivers and more reliable

You just mentioned 3 completely different types of gear.
Minibrute 2s if you want a good mono synth (the Pulse 2 is also god-tier for that porpouse)
Deepmind 12 is a poly analog (sort of) workstation that's ok but pretty "meh" in the long run, you can do better stuff with a VA. A 12 voice analog synth is pretty much overkill and gimmicky imho
Digitakt is a sampler, comparable to an MPC but smaller, with WAY better effects but shittier build quality, dont know if they fixed the awfull bugs it had when released.
For what you're looking for maybe an MC-505 + Microbrute o Rocket if you dont want keys might be a better bet (the best thing about the MCs are the sequencer).
Or a TR-8S + Minilogue XD.
The Deepmind isn't really worth it, too bad the MatrixBrute is so pricey and the Prologue is utter shit, analog polys are kind of overrated anyways, unless we consider the ones over the +2k price point

>So pic related?
Yeah, that looks cool as heck. If it only was priced a bit less I would consider buying one. The model D, at least for me, is the best analog option for that price point tag.

>speaker will inevitably die after a year
Please explain. Also you basically demolished the whole volca line, I was wondering if the volca beat would be a cool product but I guess it's not.

>Please explain
pretty much all of my friends got one when they came out, none of them still keep theirs.
I bought the FM but traded it for a Sample since not being able to send program changes via midi (in a fucking 32 bank FM synth) is beyond stupid, specially considering how easy it is for the program select knob is to break.
The Sample sounded like shit (unless you stick to the default ones) and it's insanely easy to wipe the whole memory of your samples when loading a new one because fuck you, also the MIDI implementation makes no fucking sense, at all.
Borrowed a Keys and Bass, both had dead speakers and did not blow any minds, I could do pretty much the same with my busted Microkorg. As for the Beat, just listen to that shit snare, the kick is the only good thing about it and the Volca Kick does a better job at that.
Aparently the new Volca Drum or whatever it's called is good, but wont even bother. Those knobs where never built to last, I have a graveyard of monotrons with dead knobs that someday I'll try to rescue, but too much work for not a big payoff.
Having said that, the FM was the best one, it sounds really good and had stuff other FM synths never tried, if they re-release it as a proper synth might consider. But the Digitone exists and havent tried one yet, wish I could afford one...

>about 200,000 users on 4channel right now
>19 Posters itt

lole

thanks for feedback, this mc 505 looks interesting, but sadly i cant find any on the markets in and tr- 8s looks a bit pricey for what it does, hymmm what about beatstepro+ microbrute or model d i have keyboard but sadly with no cv or midi connects, i would need to buy some connectors but i think its possible to connect model d to it

cv can be a nightmare if you're new, dont fall for the meme, there is a reason why MIDI was invented.
Have you checked out the Electribe 2S? Does pretty much what you need and it's not expensive, the microbrute has its own sequencer so you dont have to rely on an external one. Never used an ES2 as a sequencer thou but it should do the job.
There's also the Novation Circuit Impulse (the one with the basstation on top) never tried it and looks hideous, but in paper it should cover most areas

Attached: 20190825_151702.jpg (4032x3024, 3.44M)

"analog polys are kind of overrated anyways" please explain this.

Which model of jbl monitors are those?

wassup fags

Attached: synth.jpg (280x253, 28K)

This game was the shit man, I loved it to death. Truly an underrated classic in the Ds library.

On seeing the previous few synth threads (they were great threads), I have decided that I hate synths. I hate the hype surrounding them. I hate they way they look, the way they smell, they way they talk.

Most importantly, the culture surrounding synths is no different than guitars. It's just too fucking gay. Fuck you all.

Hows the VFX? there's plenty of affordable listings rn, should I buy one?

Try playing +4 voices at the same time in a modern budget analog poly. It just becomes a mess that doesnt even sound good. Unless you can afford a Prophet 2 or CS-80 dont even bother.
VAs dont have that problem, a microkorg does polyphony wayy better than a minilogue. If you want to create ambient "soundscapes" and stuff just get a Blofeld (it's the only thing that synth does well)

>muh Moog
>muh Behringer
>muh Korg
>muh modular

Attached: 1442451766284.jpg (555x688, 108K)

jbl 4411s I got not too long ago. Haven't been setup or placed correctly at all but sound good so far.

Just posting to add that i had an Electribe 2 and feature wise it was bang for the buck. It is pretty good for live, and has acceptable sampling capabilities, but has also a lot of menu diving, and needs some time to get used to the workflow. Was a killer for me and sold it, but is a great machine.

It's a great deep synth, lots of info, patches, and resources available freely online due to its age. Classic ensoniq FX, 16 bit dacs so it sounds dated but crisp. Lots of modulation fun yields crazy sounding evolving patches which I think it excels at. Also good at metallic percussive sounds. If you can find a nice one under 300 and had the money I would buy one. Anything over I would consider saving and getting a ts10/12 or asr10 if you want the ensoniq sound

Bump