Why does jazz sound so lame?

Legitimately curious
It's like lameness is a key feature of the jazz sound.
It's like a wet coffee stained sock condensed into music.
I have no problem with most older genres, but jazz, especially post 60s jazz is almost unbearably lame.

Attached: 1565833063059.jpg (674x663, 134K)

I'm guessing you're into cool music like rap and rock right?

Not an argument, go back hundreds of years
Classical, blues, folk, flamenco etc
None of it sounds lame
But when you listen to jazz it's like some overweight nerd is slobbering by your ear

I don't know what jazz you have listened to but jazz is some of the most passionate music in existence

All jazz is inherently lame
The 2 5 1 progression is lame and boring, even if you change they key and mode a gorillion times while doing it

Stick to Tool, you don’t wanna be lame

Ah so you don't have actual arguments. Later bro keep hating jazz

>dur jazz is lame
cmon you don't have an argument, lameness isn't a music trait you retard, if you don't like jazz don't listen to and don't waste a thread for this shit

Attached: owned.jpg (1024x1002, 169K)

You're missing the point OP. It's supposed to sound complex and intelligent, it's not supposed to sound good.

jazz is basically a meme

The question I have is why the fuck is it so "lame" to just be openly happy? what's so cool about being a cynical, self-pitying loser all the time?

This

>jazz
>happy
If you mean pre-war ragtime type shit then maybe

Passion is a normie meme term that was taken too far
To be passionate about something, is to like something a lot
Just because there are people who practice their scales every single day for 10 hours, does not make jazz sound any less lame

I'm moreso talking about the modern colloquial definition of "lame" than anything specific in the music.

Because most people in 1st and 2nd world countries are depressed

mom says it's my turn on the xbox

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (600x600, 165K)

Have you ever been to a jazz show?

no they're not. If they had problems with suicidal ideation or depression, they'd hate cynicism and self-pity because it's what makes that kind of shit happen. Most people I met think the bigger of a bully you are, the more in control and cool you are. I'm guessing it has a lot to do with that because bullies are always cynical, nihilistic losers.

>You're missing the point OP. It's supposed to sound complex and intelligent, it's not supposed to sound good.
every tool album ever

>Because most people in 1st and 2nd world countries are depressed
not only is your view stupid - it's practically incoherent. "depression" or "being depressed" is a state that is relative to other states. it's like saying "everyone is tall". tall compared to what? it's a fucking relative term

you cannot argue around this

what Jazz have you listened to