String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>stringtensionpro.com
Music theory:
>musictheory.net/lessons
Guitar Maintenance and other information:
>frudua.com/guitar_craftpedia_en.html
Why is my guitar buzzing?
>frets.com/FretsPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
>mega.nz/#F!v2oQgKhB!5nEaeUD8xxQYO8ipUoViqw

Previously on /gg/:

Attached: Xotic_EP_Booster_Pedal.jpg (1600x1600, 153K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1uAtK5tthOK
gametabs.net/playstation/final-fantasy-viii/waltz-for-moon
vocaroo.com/i/s0FyZPF0UDHs
youtu.be/krjDyDlf6hg?t=162
youtu.be/d-9LS0oKOmk?t=178
vocaroo.com/i/s1FOdkQee7oS
vocaroo.com/i/s1bMtmAh76dv
youtu.be/glKbRmOmB9M
vocaroo.com/i/s0EWpWeNywXm
vocaroo.com/i/s13l3e5tDYpm
youtu.be/Pok6dO4J6dg?t=123
drive.google.com/open?id=1m0GSvoOc_IL0PXHYLbQuTJ6oZzd48Oth
drive.google.com/open?id=1uQnOe6VkyPh2um2yHhGnSRp4BJoV9WMx
drive.google.com/open?id=1rc4B4XhAnmxTUc7wpJyj-qsmzTpZsjDv
drive.google.com/open?id=1AhOk1c8ujHFb5vcgfayNKJ2XXn3-WQRN
drive.google.com/open?id=1O_80t5CR5apOE2FPo4Ev_E0Ivj0htBX9
youtu.be/ivV833Ew0XQ
drive.google.com/open?id=1GPQtImxvuAi7Ldv1kgj6csSHZtedtGQJ
gofile.io/?c=CoReUA
youtu.be/8vS6syL0-jM
gofile.io/?c=4QZDj0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for offsets

Attached: ioxciot634h11.jpg (2448x3264, 666K)

any general advice on starting to buy pedals/ build a board?

>brainstorm what type of pedals you'd benefit from
>look up highly reviewed ones and find Youtube demos
>buy them
>???
>profit

Why do people say vintage tuners are faster to restring or have better tuning stability than others? It takes me like 10min to fully restring with locking tuners but 40min or so with vintage tuners.

In theme with the thread topic, I need some pedal recommendations.

I want the sounds you would hear in a Dio, Black Sabbath, Metallica, or Megadeth song for example. Not something overbearing and crushing like a boss metal zone.

What pedals will help me get there? I bought a solid state amp (like a retard) because of the built in effects but they are pretty shit.

Attached: thereforewearebleach.gif (500x282, 113K)

BE-OD Deluxe, Megalith Delta are two high gain pedals I've used. The Delta is basically hair metal in a box but without the harshness you'd find in a Metalzone.

I think I'm gonna do it bros

Attached: gibson-les-paul-faded-t-2017-worn-cherry-oblique-cropped-750x400.jpg (750x400, 34K)

Yup. Avoid 95% of boutique shit since a lot of isn't worth buying. Some of it is, but a lot of it isn't and you're most likely overpaying. I would start with simple stuff like a tuner, some type of OD/boost and some type of modulation (delay/reverb/chorus). Also an EQ pedal is really useful. Most of the time you need way less pedals though as a lot of effects just aren't necessary to get a good sound.
They're mostly full of shit, however you just need to practice changing strings more and you can go faster than 40 mins, but its not faster than locking tuners ever. Its good to learn to re-string regular/vintage tuners though since a lot of guitars don't come with locking tuners and locking tuners can get expensive if you have to install them on every guitar you own/buy
Honestly, I would save up for a decent amp because a good amp will interact with pedals more favourably and is often the best route to take. Otherwise that sound is pretty straight forward, I would get a Fulltone OCD and some type of reverb and delay (Boss RVs are fantastic) and that will nail the 80s tone with ease especially into a decent amp

If only you'd spend more time meaningfully practicing than posting.

Thank you.
I was thinking more along the lines of the less obvious, things a newbie might not think of. Pedals that should be avoided altogether, power supply, the board itself, cabling. Any other sage wisdom that may exist out there.

much appreciated post

BOSS/TC electronic is underrated, boutique is overrated.
Avoid strymon if you're going with super verbs/mod/delay pedals, eventide or BOSS (or tc if you're going budget) goes cheaper on the second hand market (barring the eventide verb) and retains your original tone better in my experience.

Also: if you're gonna get your tone mostly from pedals, get an amp with a shit ton of headroom like a fender or quilter amp.

I usually have one of each
drive
delay
eq
fuzz
some kind of crazy modulation that I use on a song or two

a looper and a tuner are also good things to have but not essential

I'd go further and say that only Earthquaker and some select other pedals from other boutique builders are worth it. Most boutique stuff is clones with some mods done to it.

Also: the King of Tone is only worth it if you're on the waitlist cause its second hand value is just too much.

>quilter
Based. Literally the best kept secret in the amp world these days

Attached: quilter.jpg (2048x1326, 546K)

/gg/ didn’t support me getting a Flying V for my first guitar. Now I’m torn between a Squier Jazzmaster and a BC rich Warlock.

Warlock pros and cons: it looks awesome, would be good for playing metal riffs,

Jazzmaster pros and cons: looks ok, would be good for general playing

Post you are favorite licks.

vocaroo.com/i/s1uAtK5tthOK

Get an SG

What’s that? Why should I get one?

Omfg that's one sexy girl

If you were considering the V its a really safe bet because it will offer similar tones but in a more ergonomic shape. If you were set on humbucker tones that a V would have given you, you probably wouldn't like the JM. Just my opinion

the first most likely should be a drive, either overdrive or distortion, almost every type of music style requires this, be it to get a rhythm tone, to boost the amp or to get a lead tone. Look up od vs dist and see which you like more, after that it comes down to choosing the brand with best tone vs price.
After a drive it really depends on you. Some people will go for wah for the fun of it, others will go for delay for the amount of different sounds you can go for it...good idea usually is see what effects your favorite guitar player uses.
SRV for instance, pretty much only used a tubescreamer and a wah.

Buy the easiest to play. If you're still playing in a year buy something that suits you better.

Alright, sorry.

If you're getting multiple pedals, its good to know the general order. It's always from least dirt to highest dirt, followed by modulation. I think the perfect chain is something like:

>Tuner
>EQ
>Compressor
>Boosts
>Overdrives
>Distortions
>Fuzzes
>EQ
>Noise Gate
>Chorus
>Flanger
>Phaser
>Delay
>Reverb

The order of everything below Noise Gate is really up to you but the rest is pretty solidly put. Some use compressors after dirt when they use humbuckers. Note there's also two EQs: ideally you'd use two, one before and one after dirt, but usually people only use one of them. Up to you.

You can fiddle with the chain but a lot of pedals don't pair well. Really, modulation needs to be at the end, but there's some fuckiness with dirt ordering, too. And sometimes pedals just don't mix well. I have an OBNE Fault and a TS and it works one way but not the other.

As for pedalboards, pedaltrain is popular. I use one. The cables I use are EBS PCF because they're flexile as hell and are cheap. Avoid Ernie Ball cables IMO because they're thick but not in the good thicc way.

As for pedals to avoid, I really don't know of any. I don't like JHS because the heads are part of a cult or something (???, Google it if curious).

buy a couple cheap delays, a wah, a drive, Can get a lot of expression from that. dont buy stuff to sound fuller buy drastic sounding shit to start. octave pedal or a whammy or harmonizer if you can afford it.

How to solo over key changes like this

Cm | G7 | G7 | Cm
C#º C7 | Fm | D7 | G7

M8 you're like a comic book hero. There's more to your story every thread and you always give us a recap

post your boards

Attached: IMG_0237.jpg (3000x2000, 1.54M)

Dº triad

Attached: 4f523d3f-899e-428f-9f6a-dcc5857ad1f4.jpg (720x1280, 78K)

Anyone here using Reason? I'm trying to figure out some entry level effect combos for metal stuff.

use triads as your guideline.
A triad is the root note, the third and fifth. In the case of major C the triad is C, E and G.
You will always sound right if you are playing around the triads and you can use them to really outline the chords you are soloing over.

Pedalboards are for suckers.

Attached: mood_stage-floor_21-9_2100.jpg (2100x900, 653K)

if youre brand new the last thing you should be worrying about is aesthetics. I know its appealing and tempting, but take it from someone who has known a lot of guitarists. I would say 50% drop out in the first year, down to about 25% in the 3rd. Learning guitar is frustrating as hell for a lot of people. Just get something affordable and most of all, comfortable. Stop worrying about how it looks.
You look like a bigger retard learning how to play on a nice guitar than learning how to play on a cheap beater. People will respect you more too. Youve got to earn your stripes, walk before you can run.

what if i dont want to just play triads with a rhythm

Things poorfags say for 1000
>You look like a bigger retard learning how to play on a nice guitar than learning how to play on a cheap beater. People will respect you more too. Youve got to earn your stripes, walk before you can run.

Attached: poorfag.jpg (244x300, 12K)

fuck man why are video game songs so fun to play
gametabs.net/playstation/final-fantasy-viii/waltz-for-moon

I think the opposite, actually. Your first guitar should be almost completely about looks. If you have a guitar you like to play at and it feels comfortable, you're motivated to play and learn.

I think you shouldn't get a cheap guitar first, rather something that will last you years and you won't have to upgrade (over 1k)
If you takle care of the instrument/gear it barely loses value

might not have understood your question but w/e
didn't mean to only use triads. Pentatonic scales are more broad, there are also modes and other things like chromatic scales and what not. Ally all these with triads as guide to have more freedom around the neck

Is there a fundamental difference between playing a high E string on the 0th fret (open) and the B string on the 5th fret? It makes the same note.

Telstar is something I'm trying to learn by ear/eyes watching other people play and they always play it with open strings. Open strings just ring too much so I've been transposing say, the open E to 5th B, the open B to 4th G, etc.

It sounds the same but I'm naive. Is there a difference?

Attached: 1566651193401.jpg (905x881, 266K)

but the key is changin so how i can use a scale

no it sounds different, retard, that's the whole point

>playing a high E string on the 0th fret (open) and the B string on the 5th fret
The magic of guitar, play whatever feels better, or makes an easier change.

can y'all play guitar hero ?

Am I wrong in thinking there's like a $1500 price ceiling where you really don't sound or feel any better?

I bought an Ibanez RG Premium last year. SS frets, rolled edges, the pickups sound great, it's all around built really well. It was about $1400.

I feel like if I look at other gear, it's all the same shit, even upwards of $3000 guitars. I've been playing a Charvel DK24 at my local shop, it's about the same price, but it doesn't sound as good, has nickel frets. Sure it's got roasted maple neck but it's not better than my Ibanez.

Then I look at like $3500 Gibsons and some of them don't even have SS frets. What gives?

idk I'd probably do

C Aeolian or C Harmonic Minor on the Cm chords, and G Phrygian Dominant on the G7 chords. I'd treat the C#º C7 change simply as C7 and play C Phrygian Dominant on it. Then I'd play F Harmonic Minor on the Fm chord, and maybe D Phrygian Dominant on the D7.

So basically Phrygian Dominant on every Dominant chord, I guess. You can play something else if you want to, I won't tell you what to do.

vocaroo.com/i/s0FyZPF0UDHs

Attached: 1543073054583.gif (900x486, 1.99M)

you have to use a scale (and/or a different triad) for every different chord.It's hard and complicated in the beginning, takes a while.
What I did and helped a lot was to map the triads of the C chord (C, E and G), record me playing just the C chord and improvising over it. I started improvising only using triads, then added pentatonic scales and modes. When I got confident I started doing this with other chords. If you know the chords individually, changing from one to another is MUCH easier.
Takes a while, I'll tell you, but it is worth it

This is what I mean.

Attached: staves.png (1510x989, 18K)

i'm great with the controller but suck mean ass with the guitar

half of /gg/ posters care more about their guitars as fashion accessories than musical instruments

Redpill me on alternative tunings. Seems like a crutch for if you can't write interesting sounding music to me.

>chinkplanks
It's all preference,what sounds/feels good to you sounds/feels like shit to someone else. You'll take a beating on resale, especially on non MIA, where as Gibfag will get most, if not all of his money back.
It costs about $100 to refret a neck, $125 if you do it with stainless. No one cares about that cost on a $2k+ guitar.

That's narrowminded. It's all about seeing what kind of new and cool sounds you can get from your instrument.
That's like saying pedals or different types of amps are a crutch. Certain sounds can only be achieved certain ways.

I like the second one better because it's more comfortable and it's easily transposable to other keys.

Y-yeah, it's not like it cost me $25/fret to get SS put on my Gibson.

>3rd finger over the top of the neck
Never gonna make it

>have a les paul for a few years as my only guitar
>get used to playing it
>get a strat
>haven't touched the LP since

Holy shit going from an 11lb guitar to an 8lb guitar is such a huge difference, my leg doesn't fall asleep how after a couple of hours and the contours feel so nice. Plus the body weight is balanced so i don't have to cross my legs to not have it want to sink off.

Attached: orgasm.png (359x329, 232K)

Idiot

trolled

you should always play the way that sounds best and works the best for you. this is why tablature is often discouraged because it puts you in a box of playing a piece of music a certain way, whereas if you were adept at reading music you might play the same piece differently.

You don't really need SS frets as good quality nickel fretwire (that Gibson and MIA Fenders/PRS use) holds up very well. The cost to re-fret isn't that much and you can dress frets multiple times. Nickel frets get a bad name because the ones on chink guitars contain a lot of tin so they're really soft and wear down in a year. Also a lot of SS frets coming out of chink factories actually contain softer alloys in them to reduce costs but still be sold as 'SS'. So you gotta be careful what you buy.

I got an Epiphone DR-100 for free recently. However it's missing the nut, truss rod cover, bridge saddle, and five out of six of the bridge pins. Is it worth buying replacement parts and fixing this for babbies first guitar? Everything else seems to be fine with it outside of a little bit of writing on it with sharpie.

go ahead and do it

otherwise some retard would think i'm fretting with it

Use it for firewood this winter and get a better guitar homie

Attached: stock-photo-burning-broken-guitar-in-the-fireplace-547132714.jpg (993x1600, 668K)

Where to get cheap but not completely shit parts? I'm fine if I need to do a little bit of fitting. It's only a $140 guitar and I'd like to stay well below half of that if possible.
>winter
But I live in the south. Winter doesn't exist here.

Nah, its bad technique. All the virtuoso players have full control over each individual finger and aren't lazy by letting it hang over the top (which slows you down between chord changes).

It's like a $60 used guitar, buying the replacement parts would cost about the same and changing the nut and making sure the strings fit properly is tricky if you're new. If I were you I'd just look on craigslist or reverb for someone selling a $100~ guitar that's in good shape because they got bored. There's always tons.

GUVNOR GA 500 a good guitar

-Acoustic dreadnought
-Jinho/Wilkinson die-cast tuners

Someone selling it in good condition for like 140-150 euros /usd

I dont own a guitar. need a cheap and good one

you arent a virtuoso youre just a bag of shit

I heard it snows in Texas though?

Never heard of it but pretty much every acoustic around that price range is gonna be the same.

Why does expensive guitars sound better than cheaper ones?

It must be more than just ''expensive exotic rare wood just happens to sound better than normal wood''

True winter then. I grew up near the Canadian border and winters here are warm and I don't need a fire.

Better craftsmanship, attention to detail, higher quality parts, more QC, etc. What a dumb question.

Ok, gotcha
Mainly the electronics, a lot of cheap guitars don't even use real copper winding in the pickups

>burning a guitar for firewood

You know a lot of wood is toxic to humans if burned and the smoke is inhaled? Rosewood, for example, does a number on your lungs and CNS.

Attached: 1564887375051.gif (200x118, 749K)

Alright guys, time for an update from Flying V guy:

As a recap: /gg/ told me not to get a Flying V as a beginner. I thought the BC Rich Warlock and looked good but was also considering a Squier Jazzmaster. I watched a couple Youtube reviews. One guy said the BC Rich wasn't a good guitar for a beginner. One guy said the BC Rich was a good guitar for a beginner but his didn't stay in tune. Then I watched some Jazzmaster reviews. I think I preferred the Jazzmaster and I need a guitar that stays in tune. Some guy also told me to look at an SG but I thought it looked dumb.

Now that the fundamental issue of what guitar to get is resolved it's time to figure out what amp to get. I live in an apartment and don't want to disturb the neighbors and don't want to spend too much cash on a beginner amp, so the obvious answer of "get a Marshall stack" is out. I'll be using headphones with the amp so headphone jack is a must.

Right now I'm considering an Orange Crush12, and Orange Crush20, and a Marshall MG15GR 15W. Any advice or other amps I should consider? Thanks bros.

It's a joke, I hope no one with a brain would think that burning something with a plastic coating with plastic parts and metal is serious.

Just get a fucking strat or something. A Warlock and a Jazzmaster are not very beginner friendly. The bridge/saddles on a Squier Jazzmaster will asspain you to no end. They're never set up properly and I can basically guarantee that most of the frets will be dead. If you want to put aside some hours to learn how to set it up, go for it I guess.
I would just visit a local guitar store, try out a bunch of different guitars in your range and see which you like the most.

How am I supposed to try out a guitar? I don't know how to play a single chord.

You can't IMO really look at this way. No guitar is 'best for a beginner' as you literally have no idea what you're going to like at first. After a year or 2 you'll develop a totally different taste 99% of the time. Having said this.. yes a V isn't necessarily great if you're not willing to learn classical guitar posture/technique so it will be a struggle for most players on comfort alone. Also if you're after tuning stability and simplicity I'd strongly suggest the Telecaster. It will (at that price) hold tune better than the JM will.. they are a bulletproof design.

As for those amps, I hate to recommend it but the best poorfag amp is arguably the Boss Katana. /gg/ hates on it, but for the money its one of the best right now. I think you would get more out of it than those other ones.

Nobody cares about your stupid blogposting you nigger just get a V and stop listening to the boomers that have never put their guitar between their legs like a classical

nigga, guitar staying in tune or not doesn't depend on the brand, it depends on the quality of the specific model you are going to buy.
As for the whole "beginner friendly guitar", when it comes to playing, there is no such thing, the only thing is that V is fucking ass to play sitting down so it is retarded to buy V as your first.

this pretty much. Get a simple guitar, if you want humbuckers, maybe a SG or Les Paul, if you want singles, Strat or Tele.

As for the amp, the only way is to try out your options in a store if possible and get the one you like more.
You could also consider getting a guitar link and playing your guitar through Guitar Rig or Amplitube if you are only playing using a headphone, that way you can save for an actual decent amplifier instead of burning money on something shitty as temporary solution.

Sit down, put it on your lap, and feel around on it. Something with a retarded edgy body like BC Rich guitars will feel horrible to sit with for long amounts of time because they focus on the metal 15 year old aesthetic over comfort and functionality.

If I installed a tremol-no in my Floyd Rose equipped guitar, and set it up so I can still lower pitch with the tremolo bar but not raise it, could I still do cool chirpy sounds like this?

youtu.be/krjDyDlf6hg?t=162

youtu.be/d-9LS0oKOmk?t=178

Attached: 1556886142459.jpg (800x533, 77K)

I learned all my scales. How do I make them musical? Just mix up the notes?

Its up to you. Scales are part of music theory, its up to the player to make it musical. It has no rules

>he can't afford a Gibson, the only guitar that is good enough, because he spent all of his money on donations to The Young Turks, Rick and Morty boxed sets, Nintendo Switch games, a beard grooming kit and a blacked.com subscription

Attached: laughingraph.gif (447x400, 167K)

1. you will never get a unanimous opinion on anything in the guitar world, ever. /gg/ doesnt agree on anything.
2. youre overthinking this, just pick up a starter kit and play
3. fuck off

oh man... he's just like me!

Based
Based

>He buys a Gibson, the only guitar that coasts solely off of it's name, because he thinks it will help him pass

>he bought a gay offset in a gay color
>he just can't stop thinking and posting about trannies no matter how hard he tries

>just pick up a starter kit and play
NPC opinion

Well when I know it's a tranny shilling his hasbeen guitar brand every thread I know it's a tranny, what do you want me to do?

>Any advice or other amps I should consider?
Yamaha THR are the best beginner amps on the market
t. guitar store employee

you think some attention-seeking fuck pestering a guitar general who can't even play a single chord isn't an NPC?
motherfucker wouldnt know a rosewood fretboard if you broke it across his head

1. better materials (wood, eletronics, hardware [bridge, tuners, etc])
2. better construction (parts match very finely)
3. better finish
4. brand name

The pendulum has swung so far the opposite way with people shitposting TOAN WOODZ but better guitar have more sustain because of the wood and bridge being higher quality

I'm poor as fuck and want to buy a bass head/combo. I'm interested in the tc bq500 but not sure what to pair it with. Suggestions?

I mostly want to be heard with a guitar player and a drummer. We mostly play small punk/rock gigs

I feel like I'm learning guitar in the wrong way
I know every basic chord and the pentatonic scale. That's it. But I can play basically every song from shout at the devil, paranoid, back in black and famous boomer albums like those.

>belle epoch
A man of culture

Attached: 2207AE2F-CCA7-4B90-A4A3-B7EB24BBC6E7.jpg (1125x1094, 1.46M)

There's no right or wrong way for learning how to play. If you don't want to get stagnant you learn more stuff but if you're content no one is stopping you.

So where's the problem?

What do you guys think of Phil X?

vocaroo.com/i/s1FOdkQee7oS

There's only 12 notes. This shit isn't rocket science

Attached: 51MY2xxR7vL.jpg (281x500, 53K)

i'm busy thinking of myself

Nice cable routing.

Attached: 1546594258488.jpg (1280x1280, 431K)

i bet it was harder to glue all these stickies on the right places than learning the notes

/r/ tldr of thys Flying V shit

You don't need to know the notes, just the intervals

you dont need to know the intervals you just need the shapes

Nice rat catcher

>band leader calls out a Blues in Bb
>cool, I got this, the intervals are 1 3 5 b7, then I play the same thing but up a 4th or down a 5th...
>okay so where do I start?

Attached: 1536791124615.jpg (1300x956, 94K)

>dumb newfag asks for advice
>gets typical /gg/ advice
>keeps posting
>cares more about how the guitar looks than the sound
>literally cannot play a single chord
>keeps posting

its newfags being newfags and /gg/ being such a shithole that it encourages the worst posters

Obviously you need to know the root, dumbass

Oh, you mean the note name?

And it's location on the fretboard?

>Pedals
>essential

Lol, no, never. The only "pedal" you ever need is your amp's footswitch.

"Pedals every guitarist must have!" is a line touted by paid advertisers on youtube.

SS frets have a slightly brighter tone. You can always make a brighter tone warmer, but if you try and make a warm tone brighter it sounds like shit.

Attached: ceb.gif (500x500, 89K)

>SS frets have a slightly brighter tone
lmao, no they don't.

t. tonedeaf

t. cork sniffer

t. forum boomer

>According to Tommy at USACG, Stainless steel frets sound sterile compared to conventional frets.
>George Alessandro goes further; not only does he hate the sound of SS frets, he uses vintage fretwire because today's fretwire is made differently and doesn't sound as good.
>Something I've learned over the years; those are two guys worth listening to.
>-typical forum boomer nonsense where everything modern sounds tinny/sterile and everything vintage sounds warm

for the record i have literally convinced a boomer EMGs with metal covers were passive pickups

Someone needs to start funding proper double blind tests of guitar gear
>tube vs. modelling
>stainless vs. nickel frets
>active vs. passive pickups with comparable output
>tonewood comparisons
and make the surveyed group experienced guitarists, so we can laugh at all the

>make the surveyed group people with hearing loss

You think I can have his strat?

Attached: goodjob.jpg (1253x789, 217K)

You should leave /gg/ if you think tube sounds identical to modeling amps. Especially at high volumes.

It sounds slightly different but can you tell which one is tube by the "goodness"? Even when models now copy the even order harmonics?

I don't think so. That's the point of a double blind test. Not to see if they're identical, but to see which one you really think is better, and to see if you could tell if someone is using A or B on stage with their gear behind a curtain.

judging by his profile pic and username, he's a Gibson kinda guy

kempers sound identical to the amps they profile.

I mean the tremol-no has a screw on the back to control how much you can go up, so the times you wanna do stuff like that just loosen the screw

You don't need to, i didn't when i got mine last sunday, the guy at the shop just gave me a pick and said start strumming.
Do it with a rhythm and you'll get a feel for the sound.

I ii iii IV V vi viio

Have people with auditory synesthesia come to a consensus on what color each of these should be? It'd be nice to have a uniform coloring system for educational purposes.

But then it would go out of tune if I broke a string.

no

tremol-nos make the flutter effect impossible and hurt tuning stability because the bar sliding in a tube design has a lot of friction to it. depending on which way it's going, one side of the bar drags in the tube. you might as well sell your guitar and get a regular strat if you want a less sensitive bridge that goes out of tune more.

It won't let me make a half-diminished symbol.

Attached: 1550916743695.png (400x381, 108K)

Why doesn't fender make a locking bridge? There's nothing wrong with a locking bridge, it's being floating that makes them a pain in the ass.

he eternally on coke, godspeed him.

FUCK OFF PUNHETEIRO / SOLOBOY !

you have shit taste my man

Attached: wallet-8.jpg (600x384, 62K)

Name a single goddamn thing wrong with any of those guitars I listed aside from the BC Rich Warlock occasionally going out of tune

Flying V - Classic.guitar, easily the best on the market in terms of sound and looks, just not for beginners.

BC Rich Warlock - Classic design, absolutely badass look and sound.

Jazzmaster - Good for everything from jazz to rock, neat offset design,

If anyone listened to you they would never touch a good guitar because you hate anything that's cool.

I don't understand how anyone can hate something with such beautiful aesthetics

Attached: flyingv1.png (1600x900, 446K)

Attached: flyingvkinks.jpg (418x700, 50K)

Attached: flyingvkinks2.jpg (499x500, 31K)

Dean vs are unironically better

>pro gigging musician
>useful youtube lessons and demos
>soulful playing style

Why does /gg/ hate him again?

Attached: original_squared_rob-chapman.jpg (720x720, 112K)

I have never seen a neck with such a strong V shape as depicted in this image. Is it exaggerated or some guitars truly have triangular necks? What are some examples?

I've only ever used Fender Modern C, Ibanez Wizard, and whatever SGs use. They were all shallow ovals or circular.

Attached: fenderneck.jpg (3070x1655, 212K)

Not him but I don't like the bridge on a jazzmaster. I don't like anything you have to mess with more than a strat vibrato.
The BC Rich guitar is very cheap, so if you like it so much, why not get it?
Alternatively, you have decided thay the Flying V is the best guitar ever made, so just fucking buy one. It doesn't matter if it's slightly more awkward when starting out, it's not like you won't be able to play a D chord on it. If you can afford your dream guitar, what's the point in settling for less? You'll end up with one anyway.

Its exaggerated yes but the neck will have a noticeable 'V' feel to it, as in the shoulders on each side of the neck won't be as round as a C or U, thats the only difference.. its more flat

top tier soiboi

Is it possible to do a slide after a pinch harmonic and maintain just the harmonic? I've heard this in a few tracks but in practice, I can't do it. Don't the frets just renote it? Do you need a fretless guitar?

Attached: 1558039147591.gif (500x281, 3.22M)

Attached: flyingv4.jpg (600x392, 29K)

>he calls himself "chappers"
Fucking kek

Post an example.

Yea but you gotta go fast. The harmonic will decays faster too. You can also slide and tap harmonics on the upper register.

EVH does it a lot.

vocaroo.com/i/s1bMtmAh76dv

okay, I'll bite
Flying V, Explorer, and all the other meme shapes are REALLY uncomfortable for playing while sitting
Jazzmaster has a tremolo, which is a pain in the ass for a beginner
just buy a Telecaster or a Les Paul

I'M GONNA DO IT! Any LAST WORDS /gg/?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 1.32.26 PM.png (758x633, 178K)

>Jazzmaster has a tremolo, which is a pain in the ass for a beginner

Can't you just not play the tremelo?

Warlocks are for children

Isn't using your PC as an amp much cheaper? You can pirate everything?

It's definitely cheaper, but I would like to have an actual amp to play on. I'll be using headphones, but not exclusively.

Soulless tone though

Careful of headphones, user, especially spending a long time on them, I got permanent tinnitus due to that shit. :(

Really? You can tell that? Fuck bro, you in some famous band or studio or some shit?

Anyone can tell, its processed as fuck compared to an actual amp

The people you're trying to impress on Omegle won't care, duder.

Attached: 2232.jpg (4032x1960, 3.07M)

restringing, intonating, tuning and doing general maintenance on a floating trem is not something a beginner would enjoy to do I imagine

Post an example.
I meant post an example of it in an actual song. Give me a timestamped youtube link or something.

I would just figure it by ear because he probably is a retard that gets lost in musical terms

Dont forget the onions.

I see a lot of people on Youtube who drops thousands of Dollars on gear, but can't play for shit, do people actually like guitars, or are most of them just consumer addicts?

Likewise, do people on the internet shitpost ABOUT guitars more than actually play them?

also there's no point in getting twenty watts of amplification if you're planning on playing through headphones exclusively
just buy a small desktop 5 watt amp

Attached: An-empty-wallet-e1483466484890.jpg (1018x762, 130K)

>imagine showing up to this and playing a gibson
youtu.be/glKbRmOmB9M

Boomer soi compared to superstrats

Anyone want to hear blues shred played over YouTube backing tracks recorded through my phone

Nice soulless tones homie

okay

I just find it cringy to deck yourself out with so much shit before actually being good.

music and guitars are culturally irrelevant while shitposting is the emerging avant garde art form

Attached: 1566258696537.png (600x600, 170K)

Yes soulless like my dark heart.
Lrnin2 black metal

Ok noobtit question, if I want to use my PC as an amp, and I want a loop pedal (software) what actual hardware pedal do you get to send the input to the PC?

Obviusly they like guitars if they spend tons of money on them. That doesn't necessarily mean they'll be good at playing.

because you're poor and guitar is one of the cheapest hobbies if you work any job other than McDonalds. Other forms of music and instruments can cost significantly more

you have been responding to bait the entire day.
please just stop, if you are bored go practice arpeggio

I don't know about that man, there's some seriously expensive shit out there.

Sorry I'm Jewish and was raised to be cost conscious.

is there a more based guitar?

Attached: 3B5C5CCF-FC55-41D8-9F90-9F20A0CF02E8.png (1066x1600, 201K)

He literally does it like 4 seconds in. Git gud.

Looks expensive, not for me.

Sure? You don't have to buy it. For $1500-$2000 you could build a pretty reasonable rig, especially if you bought part of it (or all of it) used. Thats literally nothing among hobbies. Some kids out there spend $50K on a car and crash it into a wall

Why are ALL virtuosos always like,

>well, actually, I NEVER listen to guitar-based music for leisure

Attached: 1548060723590.jpg (200x260, 64K)

lmao, I guess that's true.

God forbid someone work at McDonalds

Attached: 1563870127041.jpg (1201x622, 53K)

Here you go
vocaroo.com/i/s0EWpWeNywXm

if you're really interested, it's because more advanced classical music means you recognize how pop/rock uses all the same chord progressions and rarely deviates from the key it's written in. i.e. it makes it boring.

the effect isn't *that* extreme, but I really don't need to listen to e.g. Nirvana again.

because guitar is only good when you play it yourself

is this a legit PRS? It looks different from the ones I've seen

Attached: 1_87.jpg (438x1200, 53K)

Tune your fucking guitar.

Four seconds into what? Some user doing an approximation of what he thinks the guy is asking about? Nobody posted a professional recording. I want to hear an example in a Van Halen song or other professional recording like the dude mentioned there are apparently tons of.

No. Its close enough

lmao, fucking clown.

it's 1600 USD

Shut the fuck up if you dont even have a horse in this race.
Oh just Fuck off sammy. You dont know anything about technique outside of whats used in detroit rock city.

Can you not make your vocal levels so fucking loud, it literally hurts the ears.

it's not clipping. jus turn the volume down if it's too loud for your gay ears

Arent you evading a ban

sucks being brazilian. Cheapest strandberg you can find here is like 13.000,00 in monkey currency. That's like 15 minimal wages. kek
it's understandable why people here, like sammy, buy golden guitars. . .

No dude I'm not saying the song is bad I'm saying your vocal track / level is too fucking high, it's bad.

Nirvana actually uses some relatively unusual chord progressions. "In Bloom," for example. It's not your typical I-IV-V or I-V-vi-IV progression.

yeah i understood what you said, why the hell you thought otherwise?
i said the volume is not clipping and if you think it's too loud just turn it down on your browser.
here's how you turn the volume down:

Attached: Screenshot_23.jpg (341x189, 10K)

if you got bored from rock chord progressions then you never were a true rocknroller to begin with.

also this

Whatever dude, go be brown somewhere else.

Those high notes hurt my ears. I usually flip on the neck pickup if I'm going to be playing in that register so I don't cause a ruptured eardrum.

Attached: 20190624_130852.jpg (1586x980, 1.24M)

Do you know what a mix is?

why that rubber on top of the button?

lol ur jealous because you cant get your mixes this loud without clipping

Opinion on the EHX Silencer? Also I heard those footswitch toppers can damage the switches if you aren't careful. Opinion on those as well?

keep that way and you'll end up only (quotation marks) "enjoying" free jazz

Heres some old school thrash riffing
vocaroo.com/i/s13l3e5tDYpm

For bare feet
It works. As for the toppers, I don't see how they could. Now, if someone stupid was putting them on or off, they might damage them, but the topper won't.

Don't bother. Get an NS-2. The Silencer is super cheap, sure, but the threshold is very poor. It's like the knob controls steps rather than volume. Like it does nothing moving it from 0 to 2, then it'll suddenly do a big drop, then nothing 2 to 4, and so on.

By all means, if you're set on a cheap noise gate, get the Silencer, but it's not nearly as good as say, an NS-2 or Decimator.

Attached: tenor.gif (300x300, 2.02M)

Where did you find it?

Some were on the neck pickup some were bridge. Blame my phones mic for the shrillness.

fuck off

your first guitar costs more than my most expensive one and I've been playing for 8 years

Poorfag

Post your thrash riffs for comparison. If not then you can fuck off.

LOL, is everyone here this shit at guitar?

i got black riffs m8

Thats just sad

Here's me

youtu.be/Pok6dO4J6dg?t=123

no i am good

I'm just trying to pay my rent + I don't even have a band anymore so a 300$ guitar will work perfectly if I'm only playing alone in my room with shitty 20$ headphones on a shitty 50$ amp

lmao what the fuck

Peasant

Attached: 69399459_10162450684670556_2237784107037753344_n.jpg (540x960, 96K)

Why not Les Paul to an SG? Lots lighter, same scale length.

Im going to replace the neck pickup bit what color should i get it. White to match? chrome covered?

Attached: 20190825_123606(1).jpg (1911x2617, 953K)

Clip your fucking toenails you God damned hippy.

>Im going to replace the neck pickup
why?

user, in what fucking universe does that matter, at all?

rate my old riffs

the first one is heavy

drive.google.com/open?id=1m0GSvoOc_IL0PXHYLbQuTJ6oZzd48Oth

drive.google.com/open?id=1uQnOe6VkyPh2um2yHhGnSRp4BJoV9WMx

drive.google.com/open?id=1rc4B4XhAnmxTUc7wpJyj-qsmzTpZsjDv

drive.google.com/open?id=1AhOk1c8ujHFb5vcgfayNKJ2XXn3-WQRN

Just for fun. The current one is a bit too mellow for me.

Dont know what aesthetics are?

i have some cheap acoustic taylor copy that has a v-neck. It used to really bother me at first but it's actually not that bad. I think the image is exaggerated, but it's definitely close.

fucking match the one in the bridge you mongoloid

Timing is off.

Oh I'm sorry, didn't know you're locked in a quest to juxtapose your guitar with your ability, carry on.

now tell me something new

The first riff is bretty good, but the horrible bassline kind of takes away from it.

Get a metronome, it's not a big issue, man.

>he can hear bass

>Rob Chapman
>soulful playing style
If you aspire to be a mannequin maybe.

these clips are a year old or more

these clips are more than a year old

You need to sing well before trying to ironically sing bad, it's extremely uncomfortable. The timing is OK, but it comes off as college level acoustic wank all the same.

>he can’t.
Get something better than your cell phone to listen to music on.

Alright white it is.
Should i go with a thornbucker or a matching aldrich to go with the bridge? A matching set would be nice but the aldrich is higher output than the thornbucker and im not sure i want that hot of a pup in the neck.

see

Reverb

Spend 3 MEANINGFUL hours a day here.
www.justinguitar.com
for the next 3 years, then come back here.

I'd definitely go with lower output in the neck

Say you're playing of a progression in key of C major
what's the difference between playing over it using C ionian or E phrygian? Does it make a difference? Don't they color the chords in the same way?

>your first guitar costs more than my most expensive one and I've been playing for 8 years

What on earth are you playing?

Excellent playing
youtu.be/ivV833Ew0XQ

is an expression pedal for volume waste of money? should I just get good at controlling it with the knob?
I saw in a video the guy controlling the volume of the amp with a pedal without changing the gain, so that would allow for you to get the tone of your amp blasted at the maximum volume but without being loud

Why don't you get good at guitar before fucking around with pedals and shit, slick?

no one here would have any pedals then

Fuck it lets do this

Attached: 20190825_130908(1).jpg (2078x2406, 873K)

I have
-the cheapest guitar that I could find anywhere ~100$ with the amp that I'm still using
- brand name "soundsation" Ibanez copy ~250$
-30 years old fender squier made in Japan that I found used for like 150$

and that's it. I don't really plan on buying anything new because as I said I only play alone in my room and I don't have money

No one here SHOULD have any, you're right.

after more than a decade of asking daddy to buy me different types of guitars, amps and effects, I got tired of it and we sold it all
all I have now is my 1978 Kramer, my 1977 Roland jazz chorus and a multi effects Korg
the paint on all of them is falling apart but now I don't sound like a youtube tutorial anymore

Is there any use for a double guitar or are they 100% meme?

Attached: doubleguitars.jpg (1200x1200, 159K)

>not rocking your guitars so hard that they break and then buying new ones regularly

heres a clip from a year ago
drive.google.com/open?id=1GPQtImxvuAi7Ldv1kgj6csSHZtedtGQJ

and heres a rerecord from just now
gofile.io/?c=CoReUA

the voice is cracking because i had laryngitis recently so dont take that into account

i dont have pedals and im glad with that

dont like his vibrato and his impro is annoyingly out of time

It's different because in E Phrygian you thinking about E and you are probably not thinking about how your note choices relate to the note C.

Not taking anymore of that, go do this.

playing stairway to heaven and a small number of other songs from around the same time, that mix 12 string and 6 string parts.

I do, but then I repair them lmao

>repairing your guitars instead of throwing them in the trash

Its all about how it makes you feel. I've got all kinds of gibsons from melody makers to $5000+ reissues that stay on the wall most of the time. price means nothing.

i used to be like this until i tuned down one time. my dick has been hard since.

Fuck off your shit sucks

>how it makes you feel
lmao, just learn to play fucking guitar first before worrying about "feel", JFC you guys aren't Eric fucking Clapton.

This fucking board is cringe.

you don't need to know any of that you just need the stickers

Keep one neck in an interesting tuning and the other neck in a standard tuning. Or have one neck setup with high action for slide guitar or something.

>throwing a guitar away
are you the kind of person that throws away used books too?

if you've ever had a 12 strings before you know how cool they sound and feel although they are kinda tricky at first, not comparable to an octave pedal

however those things look like a huge pain in the ass, not ergonomic at all, and I can't think of any pieces where you have to switch from one to another quick to justify one

S A M A N T H A
A
M
A
N
T
H
A

>replaced based jaguar pickups for lipstick
disgusting

Coping well?

nvm this guy has a point

youtu.be/8vS6syL0-jM

sell it and buy a gibbie. dont buy clones stay true to legit brands.

>authentic

nice roman´s aproved guitar starting pack

the froosh is pleased.

Attached: 341c120c06e299f737fc8ebb407a9c17.jpg (236x238, 10K)

pls
gofile.io/?c=4QZDj0

i'm pretty sure Clapton practiced the basics for hours.

is that a Dean

It definitely has uses but there are three downsides:

1) It's a niche instrument with a much more specific application than a regular 6-string.

2) It's an unwieldy instrument that isn't much use outside of those applications it was built for.

3) It's expensive.

So basically it's a guitar you pay more money for and use less. Not super practical or economical. But they are very cool.

Yes, there is a ceiling. Above a certain point it's more about owning something nice than the actual experience of playing it. I mean when you're playing a guitar you can't tell if it's a plain top or a flame top, but AAAAA tops command higher premiums. Not that there's anything wrong with wanting to own nice things.

>new /gg/

>new /gg/

>new /gg/

My bad. Here's the correct thread.

is it possible to only learn guitar online?
also justin guitar is just acoustic right? is that ok for me with a electric?

Should be fine. All the lessons should still apply. I havent been through too much of it though. I would use it until it becomes unusable, if at all.

bump. this shit ain't dead yet