What is Yea Forums's opinion of the band Modest Mouse?

What is Yea Forums's opinion of the band Modest Mouse?
And what other bands make music with lyrics similar to theirs?

Attached: modestmouse-1.jpg (470x288, 92K)

Modest Mouse from '96-'04 was the best rock band in history. Try listening to Built to Spill.

I'm surprised how well the two bands sound good together.

Attached: 2b4e0c3e8e1dce7f1e6b6530011a389a.jpg (1305x920, 160K)

That new single was pretty bland.

I have to be in the mood for them. Their stratchy loosing jangle bullshit isn't always appreciated by my ears.

Well they both worked with Calvin Johnson and Phil Ek, and Isaac was really into BTS before MM started recording professionally.

archers of loaf

WELL

These, Archers of Loaf, Modest Mouse, and Built to Spill were the greatest rock bands ever after Mission of Burma

marr ruined them

I went to see them live and it was one of the worst shows of my life. Isaac Brock was slurring his words the whole time and the band looked bored as fuck. Then at one point he tried to play guitar with his teeth for like 5 minutes and it was the stupidest shit I've ever seen. The crowd all just stood still the whole time.

They also toured together and were both big fans of eachother. Isaac even played with Built to Spill once

Their new music is irredeemable garbage but some of their older albums are good. I cant bare to listen to them anymore because the band's kind of a one-trick pony that I got the gist of in my sad teen years.

silver jews

I saw them in 2014 and met isaac after the show with a crowd of other people and he left with some random s to score drugs

THIS IS A STORY

I BACKED MY CAR INTO A ~COP~ CAR

Theres too many people in the band. You can have a friend play an extra instrument once in a while without making them part of your band.

They're like the Primus of the indie rock scene but not legendary.

first two albums + interstate 8 are masterpieces, everything else up to moon and antarctica is good, good news is ok, we were dead is not amazing, everything since then has been bland and worthless
really a band that should have called it quits and preserved their legacy but for some reason has decided to keep going even though it's a zombie of what it once was
and isaac brock owns a pretty mediocre bar in the city i live in

The Moon and Antarctica is one of the best albums of all time, and Yea Forums is pleb as fuck for liking Lonesome Crowded West more

That album sucks.

made me think of this

Attached: source.gif (437x343, 814K)