He never grew out of his "Rap? More like CRAP!" Phase

>He never grew out of his "Rap? More like CRAP!" Phase

Attached: 8949069B-0AA7-4478-845E-DBD53B653707.png (600x580, 360K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5vVHPRZ21iE
youtube.com/watch?v=x2jB2oIUPCc
youtu.be/rogvlB2SP4k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

"haha guys my music taste is better than yours!"

Imagine growing into rap

Present me with any rap that's actually good and maybe I will.

call me when top 40 rap incorporates non-4/4 beats on the regular

??? get the fuck out of here

>he never grew out of his wigger rap phase

Attached: 1562301462849.jpg (520x397, 33K)

You say Gucci Mane, I say AC/DC

You say 6ix9ine, I say Johnny Cash

You say Odd Future, I say Queen

You say Lil Peep, I say Tool

You say Chief Keef, I say Nine Inch Nails

You say Justin Bieber, I say Nirvana

You say Lil Pump, I say The White Stripes

95% of teens choose crappy hip hop over and over again. If you're one of the 5% who still listens to real music, thumbs up this post!

this place is literally this you, OP and everyone included

youtu.be/5vVHPRZ21iE

Why are prog fans the gayest fans of music? Time signatures are such an entry level form of musical experimentation. 4/4 sounds the best for hip-hop, odd time signatures result in awkward flows and beats that can’t be danced to which defeats a lot of the purpose of the genre.

>he thinks good rap reaches top 40 charts
lmao keep judging genres by their popularity, it works wonders

Prove it faggot.

Rap just doesn't have the same replay value that other genres have. There's such a huge emphasis on the voice and the words, and the best rap groups I've encountered do indeed deliver strongly on those, but the problem is the human brain is practically designed to memorize words. Before long I find that I have the entire song in memory and since rap focuses most of it's detail on vocal overdubbing you end up with very little left to discover in any given song. Even my favorite rap group, which I was a huge fan of at one point, is just too boring to listen to now because of this.

>he never grew out of his "I listen to everything beside country and metal" phase

Attached: 1519898320452.jpg (540x534, 66K)

>you can’t dance to 3/4
Um sweaty it’s called a waltz

>he never grew back into it

3/4 really isn't an odd time signature though, it's the second most abundant throughout Western music.

I find hiphop offensively stupid and vulgar. It's trash

yeah bro lets go do some waltzes at the club

you fucking retard

I always enjoy seeing people argue about subjects they're intentionally ignorant about. Really reminds you that it's always summer.

This is fine, nothing special. The starting is stupid as fuck though. I'd rather just listen to the music in the background than have someone rapping over it because honestly why the fuck should I care what some random black dude has to say? So there's really no reason for me to listen to this since there's plenty of stuff that can satisfy my need for the instrumental parts
youtube.com/watch?v=x2jB2oIUPCc

There are good rappers and there are bad rappers. There are a lot more bad rappers and good rappers. Before, if you were a bad rapper, you just wouldn't make it in the rap game. But now bad rappers are fucking everywhere thanks to the internet and even the most shit of shitty rappers can survive by being "hype and litty as fuccccck" to appeal to suburban wiggers.

meant to reply

not him but try this
youtu.be/rogvlB2SP4k

I used to like rap a lot but now it just seems like the genre is really going nowhere and theres not enough variety within it. Plus it doesn't hold my interest as long as other genres

Attached: 1566348823684.png (635x665, 349K)

>>He never grew out of his "Rap? More like CRAP!" Phase
You're going to return to that eventually.

Non-black people only like rap during stages of their lives where they're trying to be cool and to have a sense of identity unique to their surroundings, so like early teens and early twenties. You'll stop caring about it eventually, and when you're a grown-up you'll cringe a lot harder thinking of all the lofty shit you said about the political impact of hip-hop than any other musical phase you had.

Attached: D2he4q-WsAA1v-v.jpg (675x1200, 161K)

Attached: 1543772691495.jpg (555x435, 42K)

Based!

>black rapper rapping about how he used to be a hood boy
nothing new, so no point in paying attention to the lyrics (as if there ever is). Beyond the lyrics there's really nothing going for this song, sometimes you get a hint the soul music in the background but for the most part it's just the beat that takes the stage and the beat is only setting the stage for the rapping. So if you don't care about that there's really nothing to listen to. There's no expansion on any of the melodies, there's no progression in them, and as repetitive "background" music it doesn't really work either since the rapping is so in your face (that's the problem with rap in general)

being a good rapper is meaningless because rap itself is garbage. the problem with rap isn't that the people making it are bad at it, it's that the genre is inherently worthless.

this
>a genre of music entirely focused around the least important part of music, the lyrics

He never grew out of his “He never grew out of his ‘Rap? More like CRAP!’ Phase” Phase

>this image
Seeing pictures like this and the cringe that resulted from that era only makes me happier that bands like My Chemical Romance are out of style and Jhonen Vasquez updated the art style of Invader Zim, so less HotTopic trash will be created.

>Pass user

Attached: IMG_4191.jpg (286x327, 17K)

>>a genre of music entirely focused around the least important part of music, the lyrics

Attached: 729.png (645x729, 68K)

go read a poem

go listen to pure noise you clown

>without lyrics music is pure noise
absolutely retarded
>without music lyrics are a poem
kinda makes sense (if the lyrics are competently written)

at the end of the day, if you don't listen to hiphop you're probably a mayo faggot

Attached: 1547454068382.jpg (604x720, 64K)

Only homosexuals and transexuals listen to hip hop post-2010, never met a black that was into rap past the 90s

>Not waltzing at the club

Attached: wewaltzin'now.jpg (500x353, 68K)

>He still uses his own bad takes against the other side of the argument

Attached: 1540760969804.jpg (524x538, 75K)

you're just close-minded. you dont want to like it. that's the problem.

I used to listen to lots of rap, so no, I'm not. I've just moved on. There's much more involving and interesting music out there.

this
rap is cringe

Cringe, superiority complex.

rap cringe weezer good

I am terribly afraid of black people

What the fuck do you mean? I grew out of rap (more like CRAP) music when I was like 9 and I've never listened to it since

>never met a black that was into rap past the 90s
You never met a black person period

Attached: 3D854A43-B10C-4B65-9CC7-C1362BF3CFAC.jpg (362x513, 44K)

AC/DC > Gucci Mane
Johnny Cash > 6ix9ine
Odd Future > Queen
Lil Peep = Tool
Nine Inch Nails > Chief Keef
Nirvana > Justin Bieber
Lil Pump > The White Stripes

Lol what boomer list all overrated

Rap, more like crap