Listen to pop music from 2009

>listen to pop music from 2009
>pretty much all of it is happy and upbeat club antems / rock
>listen to pop music from 2019
>it's depressing soulless (c)rap music that sounds like it was made by a drug addict coming down from a high
what the fuck happened?

Attached: 1556547268819.png (408x338, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kKqsV3t94PY
youtube.com/watch?v=R5QJVUMARLc
youtube.com/watch?v=BqI--A9hI2A
youtube.com/watch?v=0otKUZNSR3k
youtube.com/watch?v=KwaRlfx85_g
youtube.com/watch?v=SBjORE4I-qU
youtube.com/watch?v=4iCZ5jIu9W4
youtube.com/watch?v=XhlkabrJIy8
youtube.com/watch?v=lgHGU8gqz9U
youtube.com/watch?v=h-7RfpEhFjI
youtube.com/watch?v=9c5yPIQ3LQI
youtube.com/watch?v=1_TQjEn6cpQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>(c)rap music

Lol dude that's really clever and funny! Lmao!

Attached: laugh face haha.png (512x427, 116K)

Fuck off, nigger or nigger accessory. Rap is shit.

>Obama becomes president
>media tells you to be happy and upbeat
>Trump becomes president
>media tells you to mourn and be angry
Gee I wonder

You answered it. The 2019's and the years leading up to it were a hangover from the party anthems of the 2010's and late 2000's, in addition to a number of other external factors that made people weary.

pseudo emotionally intellectual songs are what millennials like because theyre solated and lack social experience

>racism
even more clever and funny
or, (dare I say it) BASED!!!

oy 2 da vey, goyim
why u be dissin da Yea Forumssic in-dus-tree
gotta sqeeze dem shekels, mein neger
zoomzooms don't be squeezin demsels

>angry
Id love for anger to come back into the mainstream
Everything sounds so fucking boring
Somebody yell and distort an instrument

the internet is the sole reason music has only been getting worse and worse and i really fuckin love music
IT PISSES ME OFF

>nostalgia over 2009
Nigga it was the same shit. Black Eyed Peas? Come on bruh

Listen to metal and hardcore influenced trap music, like Zillakami.

Sure stuff like that was shit, but it was at least upbeat and fun and didn't pretend to be "deep" and """"dark""""" like Billie Eilish or Post Malone

>coming to Yea Forums to complain about racism
lmao

the last kid that tried got killed and his death became the second biggest zoomer meme, behind old town road. the kids are pretty clear about what they want.

Things are looking good for City Morgue, they really have their shit on lock now judging from their new singles. I'm glad they'll be able to release at least one more great album before everybody decides aping shit from metal culture is played out

Your problem is that you're listening to pop music

>tfw can’t relate at all to modern pop culture
>tfw feel so disconnected from my peers it’s not even funny
>i fucking hate vaping, i hate modern memes, i hate game of thrones, i hate tinder, i hate trap music and everything influenced by it, i hate how uncultured americans are, i hate people who know more about sports and fortnite than geopolitics, i hate people who prefer drinking over weed,

am i missing anything?

I agree with all this even if it sounds like a gamers rise up meme

>hate people who prefer drinking over weed
both are dogshit

that’s fair, man, i prefer fitness over any substances. but hopefully you get my point.

yeah understandable

Anybody who knows more about sports/Fortnite/American “culture” over geopolitics should definitely shoot themselves.

based
cringe

95% of America would be dead

more pitbull's timber and taio cruz's dynamite
less lil iffy bliffy and xxxxanax

Jahseh was essentially a clout martyr.
Everyone is claiming this was a random robbery, but it's clear what was actually happening: his killers were driven to take his life solely for the sake of clout. They wanted infamy of their own and found it in gunning down a 20-year old.
As Jah was taking his final breath, he was surrounded by kids taking video and pictures of him. Why? For clout. No one was taking his pulse, no one was calling 911, everyone was standing around with their phones out as his body was clinging to life.
The moral lesson of Jahseh's life story should be a cautionary tale of the horrors of social media and how it's fucked our society beyond belief.
RIP Jah. See you in Heaven...

despacito and old town road would have fit just fine in 2009 desu

holy fuck, that guy just got rekt

Cringe

Literally me but fuck weed. I can still function like a human being after a pint of ale. Any amount of weed makes me feel like a total retard and leaves me sluggish and tired. I've also met plenty of decent people who drink. Never met a pothead who wasn't a total subhuman.

I like how the sort of people who say “fun” these days don’t mean actual fun but some kind of passive aggressive ideological battering ram

user are you... being racist outside of Yea Forums?

Attached: IMG_20190731_083448.jpg (399x399, 15K)

kids always liked edgy shit, but now it's less carpe diem rockstars and more really edgy rappers

the public are being encouraged to kill themselves now over the whaoooowhaoo comsume product shit of the late 00's early 10s. it's all evil. just now the theme is akin to that of the middle 90s with "grunge" and it being hip to destroy yourself.

When will pop this upbeat be popular again?
youtube.com/watch?v=kKqsV3t94PY
youtube.com/watch?v=R5QJVUMARLc

I think that pop music from late 00s early 2010s sounds really naive and childish, strange how it's changed into what it is

I preferred it that way, as it ultimately will always be those two things even if it tried to mask itself with faux deepness like pop now
Ideal pop above your comment

Adding to the list some of my childhood tunes

youtube.com/watch?v=BqI--A9hI2A

youtube.com/watch?v=0otKUZNSR3k

youtube.com/watch?v=KwaRlfx85_g

youtube.com/watch?v=SBjORE4I-qU

youtube.com/watch?v=4iCZ5jIu9W4

youtube.com/watch?v=XhlkabrJIy8

Music back then was also so "international" and diverse
I would probably be a progressive leftist if i were born a millenial or X'er
Today it is all stale english or uninspired nigger/spic mumbling

youtube.com/watch?v=lgHGU8gqz9U

youtube.com/watch?v=h-7RfpEhFjI

youtube.com/watch?v=9c5yPIQ3LQI

youtube.com/watch?v=1_TQjEn6cpQ

Music in the past was about pretending to be happy. Music now is facing the dark reality that is life. Xxtentacion and billie eilish are better than your shitty stadium rock, face it boomer.

Fucking quality

99.9%*

Wrong. Music in the past was about pretending to be happy when you're sad. Now music is about pretending to be sad when you're just fucking bored. Way worse.

There is no heaven.

They stopped doing drugs post 90s rave and became woke doomers.