ITT: Stuff you liked as a teenager that you can't stand anymore

ITT: Stuff you liked as a teenager that you can't stand anymore

Attached: Frank_Zappa_1975.jpg (500x488, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4ceVq2v3nVs
youtube.com/watch?v=8UQGgSnCazg
youtu.be/qr6mTloYJJs
youtu.be/Aa1JR-TgPfU
youtube.com/watch?v=wVRCNZn_C_Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Radiohead, Green Day, The Wall by Pink Floyd and the first Godspeed album

Music

Frank Zappa was technically amazingly talented but I really feel like his fanbase today consists of high school "weird kids."

Zappa's lyrics are so completely banal that despite the great music behind it, I still need to be in the right mood for it (best to listen with friends)

Watermelon in Easter Hay is still GOAT though

pic related, 21 year old zoomer here

Attached: eminem.jpg (512x512, 58K)

He's the George Carlin of music

AC/DC, Gorillaz
also please do not denigrate Zappa like this, he good

>Green Day

Offspring was always better, anyway

his fanbase will unironically defend all of his albums, even Thingfish gets the "It's not shit, I just don't get it" defense

Folk music. Hipster folk music. Like nmh and fleet foxes. I’m disgusted with myself.

The first three Mothers records are pretty influential and enjoyable, but liking anything past that is suspect

Sun City Girls
Les Rallizes Denudes
Nurse With Wound
Keji Haino

The first four, please.

Why do you like Ruben & the Jets? If you mean Uncle Meat you are a little suspect, but not necessarily bad

His run of albums in the 70's was great though, just listen to The Grand Wazoo, some really great instrumental fusion.
youtube.com/watch?v=4ceVq2v3nVs

holy shit this is bad

cartoon music lol

You must watch some really cool cartoons.

>cartoon music lol
No, this is cartoon music
youtube.com/watch?v=8UQGgSnCazg

NOFX

Literally the most based poster on Yea Forums in the last 8 years.

Arcade Fire, Xiu Xiu, Smashing Pumpkins

Modest Mouse

pleb

nirvana

Frank Zappa rules and you should appreciate him.

Only applies if you listen to his cringe comedy songs.

did you manage to completely forget uncle meat exists? or are you just too much of a pleb?

The last 3 are cringe avant bullshit but what’s wrong with Sun City Girls?

nurse with wound is good though, i still have a special place in my heart for stephen stapleton, that vid of his compound was really neat, cool guy who makes good plunderphonic noise music!
i was also briefly in a les rallizes denudes cover band

the only thing suspect here is you
waka jawaka, weasels ripped my flesh, and hot rats are all better than those first three albums
youtu.be/qr6mTloYJJs
youtu.be/Aa1JR-TgPfU
>i just cant believe, you are such a fool

No, this is cartoon music.

youtube.com/watch?v=wVRCNZn_C_Y

this

AJJ
Arcade Fire

Three Days Grace. If you liked any of their earlier stuff, listen to their new album to commit suicide. Spitting on their original work, really.

Biohazard

System of a Down

>Uncle Meat is suspect
we need to have a talk friend

heavy metal, Iron Maiden especially

Rammstein, absolute garbage!

Used to listen to them back in middle school. Idk how I was able to enjoy them. Would rather listen to The Yellow Trash Bazooka.

Heavy metal is lame. Black Metal is it's at nigga, especially Ukrainian Black Metal.

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Arcade Fire, The Shins, The Decemberists, CSS, Crystal Castles lots of mid/late 00s disposable indie pop, I can't even remember all of the names

CC I and II are still pretty solid records

Interesting, user. Iron Maiden are one of only a handful of heavy metal bands I still bother with.

Crazy Frog
I'm sorry. I was only 10. I didn't know any better!

Metalcore, post-hardcore, deathcore, pop-punk

Any hiphop. Any hard rock. Everything but the radio hits I never cared about back when i was a teen. There is a few records i still like.

King Crimson

Yeah I dunno about now but to the first wave of avant teens he was basically the Beatles

Meant for

Led Zeppelin

Oasis

I'm 28 and this so hard

>Green Day
You poor soul. Not even once.

Attached: 1541764161981.jpg (396x385, 101K)

Pretty much everything released since I was born, older stuff is better.

Muse

what the fuck was I thinking

why are people on Yea Forums so socially retarded? Frank Zappa's fans are like, almost entirely boomers and gen x'ers. I don't think anybody currently in highschool even gives a shit about him, let alone any boomer rock.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers
Primus
Naked City
Boards of Canada
Talking Heads
80's Crimson
The Who
Van Halen
Brian Eno (most overrated artist of all time imo)

His only good record was Ship Arriving Too Late to Save a Drowning Witch

I like Eno's earlier pop/rock albums like Another Green World and Taking Tiger Mountain, but I dislike his 45 minute ambient wankery.

Oh yea, you're definitely cool. The ambient stuff sucks, because his most critically acclaimed album is better.

That's the thing about most of the 'indie' bands I listed, lots of them have songs I still like, it's just that it becomes so irresistible to say they are overrated because of retards like you. Eno's been around for decades and it's only in the last seven or so years he's gained this unquestionable reputation as some musical fucking giant and had a massive spike in popularity to follow suit. It's just completely asinine to see countless Eno "fans" tell me how important his production style is when these are all people who just listen to music for pleasure. They don't have a clue what production is or what he even did, they just heard through the grapevine that he's known for being a good producer and so now that's what they think. I actually used to be annoyed that people thought the music I liked was weird and sucked because they were much more interested in the mainstream stuff of the day. Now I realized what I fucking lost because having all these stupid people treating underground musicians like tokens to collect for their super cool indie personality is far worse than that by miles.

Everything. Well, I guess I still "like" most stuff but just can be bothered to listen to any of it any longer, just casually at parties or something.

Once I became a man around 18 or so I found this band's music to be completely incessant pseudo ironic passive aggressive whiney/bitchy and the prototype for the modern "nu male" I hate interacting with so much in the world.

Attached: nirv.jpg (500x724, 47K)

LCD Soundsystem
Modest Mouse
Backpacker rap

Radiohead
Rap/Hip Hop

Green Day: The Thread

MY PLUG IN BABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Aborted
Angel Witch
Anthrax
Autopsy
Bathory
Behemoth
Bethlehelm
Black Sabbath
Blasphemy
Burzum
Carnivore
Cattle Decapitation
Celtic Frost
Darkthrone
Death
Deicide
Emperor
Entombed
Gorguts
Gwar
Havohej
Hellhammer
Immortal
Incantation
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Mayhem
Megadeth
Melvins
Meshuggah
Metallica
Motörhead
Municipal Waste
Napalm Death
Necrophagist
Pentagram
Profanatica
S.O.D.
Slayer
Sodom
System of a Down
White Zombie
Tool
Ulver

Threw all my metal cds in the trash once I turned 18

GD still has some good songs Longview, Most of Dookie and Nimrod etc. If anything I would say Blink falls more by the wayside and that would have been the opposite from my teenage response.

Could have sold them and make some money, faggot.
When I was a teenager I already formed my taste and now I still enjow what I was listening to back then.

>faggot
Why the homophobia?

Most metal, RHCP, Muse, Most boomercore

Tool and melodeath

>Frank Zappa was technically amazingly talented but I really feel like his fanbase today consists of high school "weird kids."
>He's the George Carlin of music
those aren't insults and they aren't music opinions. they're just you having a little knee-jerk reaction

>45 minute ambient wankery.
describing ambient as wankery is funny

>Eno's been around for decades and it's only in the last seven or so years he's gained this unquestionable reputation as some musical fucking giant
This is objectively false

ITT: some artists you still like

Attached: 1563428566506s.jpg (120x125, 2K)

I really don't give a fuck and you can't convince me otherwise, The Grand Wazoo is an amazing album across the board.

I had a very embarrassing phase during the beginning of high school. I improved when I was a senior but I'm still convinced I had the worst ITT

Attached: topsters2.jpg (1722x1183, 284K)

same

prog rock, Swans, generally any rock that's not fast-paced and catchy (preferably while being noisy / mathy)

Mate, you must have been an absolute cunt.

Smashing pumpkins. Manic street preachers. Radiohead.
Everything else I liked as a teenager; icp, pixies, the levellers... I still like and fuck off.

>The last 3 are cringe avant bullshit but what’s wrong with Sun City Girls?
cringe avant bullshit

tokyo police club... I was obsessed with them I'm middle school. when I got a last.fm, it synced with all my tracked listens on itunes, and I ended up having like 2500 scrobbles of a band I hate. it's still in my top 5 most scrobbled to this day

>cringe avant bullshit
>LRD
lmao what