I don't really listen to rap but I like this album. How well regarded is it in the rap community...

I don't really listen to rap but I like this album. How well regarded is it in the rap community? Will I be a cool guy if I name drop this in conversation?

Attached: madvillian.jpg (1200x1200, 224K)

Go back
Also no, no black people listen to Doom

It sucks
Sounds like you do too

Why do you say go back?

maybe but they will soon notice how much of a poser you are when they try to talk to you about any other rap artist or album

i don't know you yet i'm willing to bet every dollar in my bank account that you've never been a cool guy under any circumstances in your life

this is white people rap

The mainstream barely knows about it. The undergound holds it in the highest regard. Name dropping just makes you look like a nerd that needs validation. Only bring it up if the discussion calls for it.

What's something that is good?

It'd be like namedropping Tarantino in a conversation about film.

Probably because you need to go back
MF DOOM is reddit's favorite rapper, they think he's le sophisticated gentleman's choice of rapper because of his vocab which is really not all that impressive.

you shouldn't be talking to "people" who listen to rap

Attached: im stuff.png (659x566, 437K)

I'm not a poser. I wouldn't say I know anything about rap but if someone asked if i listened I would say "Not much. I like MF Doom and A Tribe Called Quest."

Whats he gonna do with your 4 dollars when you lose the bet?

No one chooses him for his vocabulary they choose him for his technical ability

You would be correct

Really? That's what he would be? Who's the Tarkovsky of rap?

>thinks DOOM is reddit and not Yea Forums
Sounds like you need to go back, new little baby. Why non-black zoomers try so hard to align themselves with black people? Very weird thing to watch. I've never seen kids so afraid to be themselves.

His technical ability as a rapper is unimpressive and his flow is muddled and near-incomprehensible.
>SCOOPED UP A DOOPY WOOPIE AND I HIT THE GOOPY DOOOPALOOPIE IN THE JALOOPEY

Cheetos Doritos Fritos Mojitos Vetoes and Mosquitos Deleto

people itt REALLY want MF Doom to be for white people
you can't gentrify an artist, cumbrains

Why do you think acknowledging an overrated rapper's overratedness makes me a zoomer trying to align myself with black people?

Attached: MF DOOM.jpg (516x387, 53K)

Please show me a rapper with better wordplay, flow, and cadence. you won't be able to because you're just being a contrarian for the fuck of it.

back to the instagram caption worship forum, obvious little faggots. i don't care about DOOM but you kids are barely individuals and Yea Forums is tired of waiting for you to come into your own.

Ya seethe?

He's right you're barley a individual. You can't say anything original.

Huh what u mean?

Biggie Smalls. MF DOOM has talent as a producer but to try and put him on a podium as GREATEST OF ALL TIME RAPPERmaterial is silly.
I've been here since 2013 you fucking niggerfaggot. Back up your arguments with facts like an adult.

They’d probably laugh at you and tell you to listen to 6ix9ine and Lil Nas x instead

bruh no black people fw doom
play figaro at the function bet it don't ring off lmfaoooo
streets aint fw none of that

-sent from my non-black upper-middle class parent's suburban home

Care to extrapolate

nice strawman but nobody in the thread has said anything like this

All I ask is for someone to give me an album that I will like as a non rap listener and will also give me street cred

MF DOOM has more talent than just being a producer. Biggie was only ever to make two albums. If you chose GOAT by technical ability, lyricism, discography, and artistry there would be barley any rappers that could match him

gza, andre 3000, biggie, big pun.

It used to be Yea Forumscore but now this place is full of retarded kids listening to emo-rap and they drove away anyone with taste

Ill only accept Andre and GZA

Yeah one moment

Do you have a guns drugs and hoes aversion?

>Please show me a rapper with better wordplay, flow, and cadence
Inspectah Deck comes to mind.

he's both. madvillainy isn't some obscure gem.

these poser little nerds are everywhere on here now, give me a break. i'm sure it's just a coincidence that it's become a site-wide joke how trash this board is. oldhead taste is undeniably lame but these kids are rivaling it and aren't even aware.

what

Nah, czarface is literally just a rp-off of madvillain but nowhere near as good. People are trying too hard.

Do you have an aversion to typical gangster rap themes like dealing drugs and making money

>having more songs makes you a better artist
come on man. there are plenty of rappers being posted itt that beat doom in all those categories. doom stays on the fringes of rap because he stays out of rap beef and he makes silly concept albums. if he went toe-to-toe with other talented artists he would get stomped.
well reply to the posters actually making comments you're bitching about and not the posters who are specifically not doing that.

Accept this
*farts in your face*

No it just needs to sound enjoyable to my ears

They “choose” him because the best to saliva is the best beat of all time

lmao

The mere fact Deck could keep up with DOOM ranks him as one of the best flowmasters in the game. You can't sleep on Deck with a false equivalence comparison to Madvillain.

That's not even an MF DOOM song that's a Viktor Vaughn song

>>having more songs makes you a better artist
Nas was only ever to create one good album. DOOM created Viktor Vaughn, Take Me to Your Leader, MM... Food, Doomsday, Born Like This, and Madvilllainy. Stop acting like discography doesn't matter.
>if he went toe-to-toe with other talented artists he would get stomped.
This is a bullshit argument. Acting like he wouldn't be able to hold his own with other greats. There are a very small percentage of rappers who can rhyme every single fucking word in a rap song.

lol

>having more songs makes you a better artist
be right back, I'm gonna record 100,000 2 second tracks of me rhyming cat with hat, dog with log, bed with red, and other 1st grade rhymes so that I can have a larger discography than any other rapper and declare myself the greatest of all time. he knows he wouldn't be able to hold his own. he didn't even fire back after that 2-bit retard Freddie Gibbs publicly dissed him.

>he didn't even fire back after that 2-bit retard Freddie Gibbs publicly dissed him.
They're friends you retard.
>be right back, I'm gonna record 100,000 2 second tracks of me rhyming cat with hat, dog with log, bed with red, and other 1st grade rhymes so that I can have a larger discography than any other rapper and declare myself the greatest of all time
Yeah thats all those albums are. Its not that he created albums just to have a lot of albums, no one does that except for Viper. All of the albums I mentioned are fucking fantastic. Even his lowest albums are better than most rappers best albums.

Your rampant fanboyism is making me embarrassed for you.

Attached: 20190824_195227.jpg (720x442, 86K)

>he doesn't use enough big words for smart people like me

Nothing is worst the rappers pretending to be smarter then they are and throwing in random meaningless words they just looked up in the thesaurus 5 minutes ago. The simplicity is his charm and actually is still very well written.

Posting the article doesn't help your argument and doesn't make my statement false. Your contrarianism makes hope you kill yourself

Attached: DM.jpg (858x851, 46K)

I wasnt implying DOOM's vocab was simple I was saying that user's argument that having a bigger discography makes you a better rapper is stupid.
>IM BETTER AT HIS JOB THAN HE IS
yeah that's something you say about a friend

>I wasnt implying DOOM's vocab was simple I was saying that user's argument that having a bigger discography makes you a better rapper is stupid.
You're right a bigger discography doesn't make a rapper better, BUT a big discography stacked with nothing except classics does, you moron.
>IM BETTER AT HIS JOB THAN HE IS
If you can't joke and fuck with your friends, you need better friends

>nothing but classics
Mouse and the Mask
Czarface meets Metal Face
Venomous Villain

wow 3 mediocre albums when he has 10 great albums. You really fucking got me there

>moving the goalposts

biggie smalls fucking sucked. only nigger that really deserved to die

If he has ten great albums and just three mediocre ones (not even bad just mediocre) than my statement still stands, his discog is still stacked with classics

Those aren't even bad though.

You're joking, right? Venomous Villain is a subpar followup to one of the greatest rap concept albums of all time. Mouse and the Mask is filled with references to cancelled Adult Swim cartoons. His tracks with Czarface are all just weak ego-trip raps with no substance.

Mouse and the Mask still has some really good songs

>I've been here since the year Yea Forums started to go downhill
lol

>I emigrated here with the first wave of reddit refugees in 2016 and now I larp as an oldfag

>saying people are larping as oldfags while larping as a oldfag
we are hitting new levels of autism unseen before

i just like his plunderphonics, desu

I never claimed to be an oldfag. You're not impressing anyone.

Lets be honest here, no one should come to Yea Forums to be impressed by anything except for the autism

Sounds like hipster rap

Operation Doomsday was better

Attached: 1494473820446.jpg (680x1125, 163K)

>“I would go to work and do the work,” he said. “I don’t really do music at home. We listened to music, but I do that shit just to get money. I write rhymes and shit to get money. Other than that, I don’t listen to Hip Hop music. I listen to jazz music and instrumentals and shit like that."

based?

>I'm only in it for the money
Cringe

You're doing it wrong. If you need to know how well regarded an album is before you name drop to get credit, your life is a lie. Just enjoy the album or don't.

But still, I'll answer your question. MF DOOM is, as another poster said, not that well known but some in the underground scene regard this as the best rap album in existence. And no, you won't be cool for name dropping it. Real normal people who don't ask for Yea Forums's validation before minute inconsequential social interactions wouldn't think you're cool for namedropping an incredibly niche rap album that they probably wouldn't enjoy.

>rap community

no just have biggie, 2pac, nas, jay-z in your top 5 and put krsone and rakim in your top ten (even though you never listen to them)

Don't worry OP just tell all your friends you listen to Redman and you'll be the coolest guy in town.

Attached: red.jpg (833x824, 218K)

>Illmatic is like one of the best albums on it
>name a track aside from Life's a Bitch
>uh
I hate this shit so much

>Tarkovsky of rap
So you WANT to be seen as normie and uncool?

listen to whatever the fuck you want

cringe

This. Apparently black people have a prescribed list of records you MUST listen to in order to hold conversations with them.

>Yea Forums doesn't like DOOM now
haven't been here in like four years but what the fuck happened

the catalog being littered with frogs didn't clue you in?

MF Doom is trash. The best rap verse I ever heard was from a Big L freestyle.
>Before I buck lead,
>and make a lot of blood shed,
>Turn your tux red,
>I'm far from broke, got enough bread,
>and mad hoes, ask Beavis, I get nothing Butthead
That word play was crazy when I heard it.

Why are you taking social advice from fucking Yea Forums? Just talk about music honestly and with interest, might get a good conversation out of it, might not. That's life bro

pussy faggot

Redman is washed up. Just bring up Nas and the Illmatic album.

Facts. The World is Yours, NY State of Mind....actually the whole thing is gold.

His demo tape "Nasty Nas" with "Life is like a Dice Game", "Everything is Real" and "Deja Vu" is better than the newest Lost Tapes EP.

Drop addy you little punk-ass. I'll rush you right now. You think it's cute to just insult me like that? You think it's funny? It's not. And I'm gonna show you just how unfunny it is when I'm choking the fucking life out of you while I feed you bits of pavement on the curb outside of that little disheveled shack you call a home as my foot presses down on the back of your weak pathetic pencil neck. Get ready fag boy.

Only if you dress up like pic related and drop bombs like Sadat X

Attached: MI0003589298.jpg (400x400, 43K)

wew lad

kids over at /pol/ started pouring in and then it wrapped up for Yea Forums right there and then. this is the state of the board now.
kinda wish we could just close up shop, it's never getting any better. it just became another Yea Forums for racists and sexists to flood with slurs, frogs and wojaks.

Don't agree but this had me laughing