Which of you retards is responsible for this fucking abomination of a list

pitchfork.com/features/lists-and-guides/the-33-best-industrial-albums-of-all-time/

which of you retards is responsible for this fucking abomination of a list

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-24 at 9.56.10 PM.png (1262x576, 1.49M)

i've been wanting to get into industrial
all i've ever heard is some nine inch nails, which i thought was edgy and gay, and some throbbing gristle which i thought was okay i guess?
any recommendations from anyone?
i'm big into rock if that helps

>pitchfork writes authoritatively about another genre it doesn't understand
yay

>all i've ever heard is some nine inch nails, which i thought was edgy and gay, and some throbbing gristle which i thought was okay i guess?
to be fair to you mate that's better than most people

Cop Shoot Cop

thanks (i guess)
do you have any suggestions for bands/albums to check out?

Is Godflesh on the list?

i'll check them out, thank you

RevCo?

yes, and so are death grips and the swans
oh, and pretty hate machine is listed above the downward spiral

industrial's such a wide thing that it just comes down to taste really
However if you like rock - the Wire side project Dome is quite a nice marriage of post-punk and industrial stuff to kick off with
if you wanna dive straight into the meat of it there are probably people on here who are extremely well versed in industrial but Einsturzende Neubauten and Skinny Puppy were the two who in terms of sheer volume had the most to offer

Not a terrible list considering it's p4k. Some pretty solid picks on there desu and yes I've listened to all the albums on the list. The weird one is Naive by KMFDM. I would've gone with Nihil.

My problem with this list is that it expends what would probably be interesting and fairly obscure picks for albums that either haven't accrued any kind of consensus over time, or possibly are "industrial" in the loosest of terms

Yeah, Streetcleaner

bump

I honestly expected worst, its not that bad

besides death grips and clipping being on there this isnt that horrific of a list

Kill yerselves.

While there were appropriate picks on the list, there were way too many hipster bands. Also, no early Frontline Assembly? No Sleepchamber? A list from Pitchfork will obviously be geared towards hipsters. No true industrial fan will approve of this shit.

Look at the list OP posted.

lol OP, LOL! L M A O I N G
Industrial """music""" is objectively shitty. Kys or get better taste.

>No true industrial fan will approve of this shit
Jesus Christ, stop getting so mad at a fucking picthfork list you neckbeard. They are literally not worth a single thought in your brain.

>Under The Skin OST

Weird pick, was a cool soundtrack though but shouldn't be on a list of best of anything.

That's good at least.

You're totally right, except I was more angry that people approve of this crap than at Pitchdork themselves. And I'm currently clean shaven. Will you please kiss my smooth skin? Please

Can you just stick your tongue in my mouth for a few seconds? No homo

>Pretty Hate Machine higher than The Downward Spiral

Fucking based.

probably my favorite godflesh album

Le we did it reddit post

ya disgusting smoothskin

Attached: ghoul.jpg (800x571, 83K)

C'mere. Gimme a lil smooch

Homotopy to Marie should be top 5, surprised they didn't put NWW's first album on there.

>No Current 93

It was calculated to impress people like you

This.

So do I have to hate industrial now that Pitchfork approves of it?

i listened to a couple songs from cop shoot cop
holy shit they seem fantastic, im liking them a lot
thank you so much for the recommendation

If they wanted to impress me they would've put Filth Pig by Ministry in the top 10.

what makes you think they approve of it? it's probably trending and that made them shit out that list

>one coil album
>not even their best

Attached: 396DAFA6-D0F2-4611-A416-C37E8D3E8013.jpg (500x375, 15K)

What a terrible list

im honestly surprised they even dared to tackle the genre considering how ''problematic'' and edgy a lot of industrial is by today's pitchfork standards

great list tb h

>>downward spiral over The Fragile
gay