String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>stringtensionpro.com
Music theory:
>musictheory.net/lessons
Guitar Maintenance and other information:
>frudua.com/guitar_craftpedia_en.html
Why is my guitar buzzing?
>frets.com/FretsPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
>mega.nz/#F!v2oQgKhB!5nEaeUD8xxQYO8ipUoViqw

Previous thread:

Attached: 68853528_10157471336104771_7773744557828603904_n.jpg (621x960, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oY0WYdiO6TE
vocaroo.com/i/s0Eq4yt3ihc3
vocaroo.com/i/s0xeNvWwlqlm
youtube.com/watch?v=EW_ajThs8Vo
vocaroo.com/i/s1H2X8XReKr5
vocaroo.com/i/s1lEAa7YPWu7
vocaroo.com/i/s1fN45kvnoCc
youtube.com/watch?v=ck8Gax7V6XY
vocaroo.com/i/s0Ow6ddIaCM9
vocaroo.com/i/s0LvEk8RNMaI
vocaroo.com/i/s0AZWvUYWuqy
youtube.com/watch?v=zt51rITH3EA
vocaroo.com/i/s0TtOalw71vg
vocaroo.com/i/s0mvdd7h9tAA
vocaroo.com/i/s0gjcqtaKfp9
vocaroo.com/i/s0X0twRn4mn9
youtube.com/watch?v=cSrmSYqz0fo
youtube.com/watch?v=B0iHigx_NaI
vocaroo.com/i/s1Nc0mY2wWB4
vocaroo.com/i/s0dBkyJwQ75T
vocaroo.com/i/s1pETGLjbbiQ
youtu.be/eWp0riy-2uw
youtu.be/uYtf6jixoX8
youtube.com/watch?v=IfaGYH3rsJU
reverb.com/item/23820041-hofner-contemporary-violin-bass-sunburst-used
youtube.com/watch?v=lbOsBy7QqVg
takealot.com/music/electric-11637?sort=BestSelling Descending&rows=20&start=0&uuid=45423593d54846b58690257ff3d1f588&filter=Available:true
takealot.com/squier-by-fender-bullet-stratocaster-electric-guitar-fiesta-red/PLID46988919/description
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I wanted a Flying V for my first guitar but /gg/ said it was a bad beginner guitar. Now I’m looking at Squire Jazzmasters. Are there any significant differences between the models? Is this a good beginner choice? What’s a decent practice amp to get? I live in an apartment.

Stay away from Bullets and Affinitys. Other Squiers are fine though.

I've heard that Rhoads Vs are pretty comfy if you play in the classical position.

Get a Rhoads V and a nylon string at the same time and become a classical guitar and metal ubermensch.

Attached: rhoads v.jpg (410x418, 36K)

get a Condor guitar and an Alien amp

Should I go for a lefty guitar if I'm right handed since then the right hand would be doing most of the work? Planning to get my first guitar soon

First for orange tiny terror poorfaggotry

This question is too retarded to answer seriously.

Classic Vibe or J Mascis signature would be the best ones
Boss Katana

Why? It's like when you're right handed so you hold your fork with a right hand obviously. But then when you eat with a knife you're supposed to reverse the hands and hold the fork in the left hand. That's stupid just hold it in the dominant hand every time

no

Yeah bud you're right and every other guitarist is wrong

Somebody fucking help me I have a gig in five days and the songs are so fucking hard to learn please give me advice I'm scared.

While I want to chime in and agree that what you're saying is retarded, I've got no fucking clue. I'm left handed but I play guitar right handed. My left hand is my dexterous hand so I use it to fret, and my right hand is my stronger hand so I use it to pick. Just do what feels right I guess

Find another hobby, please. For you, I would suggest sock puppets.

I don't understand why lefty models exist in the first place. Everyone will feel like a mongoloid the first few weeks of playing. It's not like right-handed players can play string skipping arpeggios from the start.

If fretting is harder than picking, then surely it's better to use your dominant hand for that. It's perfectly logical

get the fuck off and get learning

youtube.com/watch?v=oY0WYdiO6TE

>silver
This is the absolute worst color on a guitar even beating sunburst and black with white pickguard

is it worth it to buy a baritone guitar?
i like singing in A

>im a baritone so i want a baritone guitar
faggot i'm not even answering u

> sweat like a pig in the heat
> guitar clings to my beer belly without sliding off

based matte finishes

Attached: ht6.jpg (347x1009, 118K)

>hahahaha this faggot wants an instrument with a full rich sound which is tunned to a tone that accomodates his voice range pretty well hahahaha what a retard

have you at least tried one?

the lowest note on a regular is E2, what's the lowest note you can sing?

Nice authentic kaka fretboard homie

an F3, and you mean an E3
but i don't want to go as low as my instrument retard, i want it to harmonize because it sounds nice
do you think bass players can sing a fucking E1?

no it's E2
they can
even I can (hit, not sing) and im a baritone
regular guitars harmonize well enough

thanks playa, I had it special ordered

Rate my baritone singing
vocaroo.com/i/s0Eq4yt3ihc3
vocaroo.com/i/s0xeNvWwlqlm

>no it's E2
yes, sorry, you are right about that one
>even I can (hit, not sing) and im a baritone
me too, so what?
but you mean an E2, not an E1, i don't think you're a fucking oktavist

>regular guitars harmonize well enough
>well enough
i want to try out something different, they seem and sound pretty interesting, that's why i was asking for OPINIONS

what a nigger

>i want to try out something different, they seem and sound pretty interesting, that's why i was asking for OPINIONS
sound like you already know what you want and others' opinions won't help slightly

>others'
>'
Explain this.

bad bait

Dumb questions and gig desperation are your stalest memes.

nah youre just shit. a guitar is a guitar
youtube.com/watch?v=EW_ajThs8Vo
There is no difference between a 50s strat and a current day squier they are simple guitars youre just a sucker. The fact people are paying 500 bucks for made in china guitars just shows the power of marketing.

>vocaroo.com/i/s0Eq4yt3ihc3
>vocaroo.com/i/s0xeNvWwlqlm
are you frying because it's the bottom part of your range or as an aesthetic choice?
it sounds pretty nice overall, but it seems you lack a lil bit of control in your lowest range, just a matter of practicing a lil' more man

here's something i recorded like 7 years ago
vocaroo.com/i/s1H2X8XReKr5
and i think i recorded this in a friend's house like a year after
vocaroo.com/i/s1lEAa7YPWu7
i'm still a shit singer and guitar player but hey it's pretty fun

>sound like you already know what you want and others' opinions won't help slightly
it's obviously implied i want one, i want to try it

nvm i'm just going to buy a relatively cheap one you fucking retards can't give an opinion without having to be a fucking autist

Bullets and Affinitys are the cheaper line. Hardware is noticeably worse, and Affinitys actually have thinner bodies.

vocaroo.com/i/s1fN45kvnoCc

What song is this bassline from? I hear people play it. I figure it is/was a popular song. Heard it often.

Also, if my shit is clicking like that when I'm playing bass, I figure that's just bad form, not hitting it clean, right?

So there's a couple of songs I'm trying to learn on bass, I'm very short so getting my fingers to the frets on the neck is a bit of a challenge. The songs are pretty fast paced and I've been having a hard time improving my speed. Does anyone have any tips for that? I know repetition is always important, but I've been playing practically all day and I can't quite get myself to catch up to the music. Is there any other way besides constant repetition that will improve my speed?

I would say no. You have to drill hard as fuck. Constantly be ambitious, pushing yourself. Play it clean, make sure it's clean, then push yourself to try and increase the pace.

I basically maxed out my speed, pretty low, but I play with thumb, and I don't really push myself. I don't push myself and my speed never improves. Speed is worthless if you don't have good tone though.

If there is a hard part, you can practice that one part, start slow, speed it up. Typical advice.

poorfag cope

yeah, i'm trying to learn to sing low. i am only comfortable down to the baritone C, and couldnt barely access the G until i started trying daily. now i can hit like the B before the guitar's E but I need to fry and make that forced deep voice for anything lower than the C.
your singing sounds good and you have good pitch, i'd say try to sound more natural

Attached: clown-act-omnibus.jpg (310x475, 43K)

Attached: 1546287435233.jpg (1125x1111, 169K)

Nobody recognizes this song? I've heard that bassline like 100 times by now.

anything lower than Eb is bass territory and projecting those notes good requires a lifetime if you weren't born a bass man, don't worry
and yeah back then I used to try to sing low notes like a mariachi, pushing a shit ton of air from my chest so it sounded pretty forced and muddy, but I was 17yo and had very little knowledge about singing technique
I'll try to record something quick if I can find my mic, gimme some minutes, although now I sing like thrice a year since I got married and almost finishing uni

sounds too much like a generic A harmonic minor run

yeah but the lowest on these songs was F# and on wild world it's A
i hear it on your higher notes too, listen closely

It worked for Batio, but then again he’s some kind of savant that eventually learned to play both right and left handed guitars.

I'm right handed, and I play right handed.
Playing has dramatically increased my left hand dexterity to the point where I can even write ambidextrously now

he plays better on one side

I know all this. Ive bought and sold over 200 guitars
Not really Ive owned vintage guitars from the 50's and 60's back in the 90's vintage craze. The truth is the playing is all in your fingers. I also like to tinker with guitars as a hobby so I prefer the cheap guitars. Hardware for the most part is a meme. A bridge is not that complicated. Neither is a nut and the cheap tuners they make in china now are fine. Look at a violin its just wood pegs. Its all marketing. Brass bridges. Tone blocks. All nonsense for people who cant play and need excuses about chasing tone. Again look at the video I shared. That is a stock affinity not even the pickups have been changed. This dude plays amazing. dont be such a consumer. its fine wanting to own pretty things but a bolt on neck painted guitar should never cost $2000. Thats just crazy. I also have buily my own guitars 100% from scratch not assembled but carved necks out of wood. Its just a plank of wood with strings. Acoustics now... thats a whole other ballgame.

being simple doesnt mean the material doesnt affect tone you dumb richfag
i am glad i replaced my steel bridge by a brass one and also a zinc bridge by a $13 brass bridge

tone is in your fingers. have fun with your placebo. You will never be as good as me and ill never be as good jack pearson. youtube.com/watch?v=ck8Gax7V6XY
Also have you ever played a vintage strat? The parts were shit thats why they are rare. They didnt even last 10 years in most cases. A squier is better built than a 50s strat. Cope harder. Its all marketing.

i can make any guitar sound good with my technique. what's your point again?

yeah lol the muddiness in the higher notes was my shitty attempt to make it sound consistent through the entire song, as in "i hope people don't notice i can't actually sing this low"

let's see if i got any better, brb

Thats the point I am making. I think since you seem to have your guitar playing together, you should spend some time on reading comprehension.

what accent is that

sambo/10

I think the lows are getting better, even if they still sound forced.
vocaroo.com/i/s0Ow6ddIaCM9

just because that squier is good doesn't mean they all are. manufacturing consistency matters. when i pulled apart my dead as a doornail MIK squier the neck joint was full of paint from the factory and piece of card to compensate. After sanding out the joint and resetting the truss rod, goddamn it plays and sounds better. for sure some of the indo squiers are good (my indo p-bass is much better), but you have to know what you are doing to pick a good one (like jack pearson).

here they are, it seems i still suck at low notes
vocaroo.com/i/s0LvEk8RNMaI
vocaroo.com/i/s0AZWvUYWuqy

i'm mexican but i have a neutral accent

ok ill admit that is fair but korean squiers were the worst. also gibsons are pretty bad with QA i played a lot of $3000 duds.

oh ur also on a nylon guitar lol
u sound like youre taking a dump
your lows were decent, albeit quiet
what i learned and maybe will work for you is opening the mouth more, dropping the jaw and lifting the soft pallate, so there's more resonant space in the mouth, and lowering the larynx

rate mine

Tfw the mouse pad is getting dirty

Attached: IMG-20190825-WA0000.jpg (3264x1836, 617K)

why does Cat Stevens have that western accent when he's from London

>Flying V
buy your flying v dont be a dumbass falling for this general fender shilling.

You're a disgusting animal. You give all us brazilians a bad name and image.

It's 1971. You're in your local guitar store noodling around. Unfortunately, Smoke on the Water won't be written for another year. What riff do you play?

Attached: 1559616332858.jpg (480x480, 24K)

I play guitar and sing better than you

Stairway

Get the V, don't listen to the numales here

youtube.com/watch?v=zt51rITH3EA
This of course.

>u sound like youre taking a dump
yeah my throat is tight and dry as shit right now from Ritalin and smoking
>your lows were decent, albeit quiet
yeah I didn't even bother to get near the mic nor project towards it
>what i learned and maybe will work for you is opening the mouth more, dropping the jaw and lifting the soft pallate, so there's more resonant space in the mouth, and lowering the larynx
that's the whole thing about singing low, although it's hard to do it with a cold throat, so a good 5 mins warmup makes all the difference

gimme 15 minutes and I'll rate yours

sounds like you know your lows, why are you still posting about them?

hey fagnut, you finally fixed the link for chordbook

he asked about his baritone singing, and I don't usually have a chance to talk about singing in your lowest register

get the V. follow your dick, it will not let you down.

you should play standing up anyway. you ain't gonna be sitting down playing in front of people, so best practice the proper way first

Nice quilted top on a plastic guitar. That REALLY blows a gibson away.

Everything you do is shit. You obviously have a mental illness. Get help.

Here's starting from the guitar's low E to the second B below that:
vocaroo.com/i/s0TtOalw71vg

Haha not even true
You still havent posted your better musicianship

Get a dean v
Its lawsuit era baby

I too hate $3000 guitars. Diminishing returns amirite my fellow squier senpai?

Dumbass

muh plastic tone back and sides

I love the plinkyness of my fishman pickups uuuuugh

V's are fine as a first guitar, although I'll say as a long time V player, I'm so used to playing V's now I find it uncomfortable playing other shapes

im actually getting good at this
vocaroo.com/i/s0mvdd7h9tAA

Do you really think you know more than aerospace scientists? Dumbass.

you know it daddy-o

Fuck off, Sammy

>he doesn't own a Gibson, the only guitar that is good enough, because his feet are so tiny that he tips forward when playing a heavy guitar

Attached: smugraph9.jpg (865x810, 304K)

I'm thinking about buying a fender mustang for like 600 dollars. Is it worth it?

i can hit the open A string with head voice

why am i so lonely and depressed

Attached: 1564626750814.jpg (302x341, 10K)

Yes

why?

i play guitar better than you

ANOTHER THREAD, ANOTHER BRAZILIAN DIGIT

i asked that retard

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-08-08-35-24(1).png (1080x692, 167K)

Hey Joe

no, i asked why

>he opened his sam folder
cute

jesus christ

Attached: 1437625622906.jpg (517x768, 180K)

Its actually labeled retard folder but Yeah i guess its synonymous

The sound of undiagnosed autism

Are you okay bro?

Attached: 099.gif (480x228, 610K)

>vocaroo.com/i/s0Ow6ddIaCM9
they sound indeed pretty forced, but i think it's because (i'm assuming) you are sitting, so you have to lower your face and chin to project the lower notes, and the guitar + your position makes it really hard since you have to move a lot as to not make the mic clip but still have a decent take
try doing it standing up and with the mic at face level and you'll notice a big difference, like i'm doing here:
vocaroo.com/i/s0gjcqtaKfp9
vocaroo.com/i/s0X0twRn4mn9
you'll notice the air-flow feels good and easy, unlike trying to sing in a weird position

uhm, man, getting close to the mic doesn't turn you into a bass
don't keep doing that or you're gonna hurt yourself pretty bad in the long run

Attached: Wizard_pepe.jpg (323x250, 14K)

>do you muh appealing to authority
ha ha haa you really are a braindead wetback ain't ya

>don't keep doing that or you're gonna hurt yourself pretty bad in the long run
hurt how

yeah nigga, keep it to the lowest note you can sing comfortably, and slowly but safely you'll get lower and lower
don't fry pls

i asked how, retard
but i guess you're saying that frying hurts the folds

Lol u mad. Youre not even making sense.
>appeal to peasants
Yeah no thanks retard

>gets friendly advice
>calls the guy a retard
A real class act. Kys

ha ha haaaaa push the wheelbarrow jroach push it fast

>tfw trying to learn jazz chords and voicings
Any tips?

wow rude
i missread it as "now" because of my night filter
but in order to fry that low at considerable levels you have to build a shit ton of tension in your throat
there're special techniques for that, but if your throat starts hurting then stop completely and try the next day

Forgot my pic of the chart I made

Attached: Capture.jpg (782x835, 144K)

>there're special techniques for that
do you have links

Have you been here all day dude? Holy shit lmfao

tried standing and it actually sounded better
im goin to sleep it's almost 2am, nite nite user

Check if your dad is still alive

youtube.com/watch?v=cSrmSYqz0fo
just search for "vocal fry" in youtube, there're tons of tutorials
there's also something called subharmonic singing which is something used by oktavist to sing even lower, widely used in russian orthodox church's music
youtube.com/watch?v=B0iHigx_NaI
don't know what language you're speaking in your recordings but if you're slavic then you may find more info about those guys' techniques
subharmonic singing consists on making one fold vibrate at half the speed of the other, i don't really know how to explain it

give me 5 minutes and i'll give you an example, i'm taking a shit before shower, so sorry if it has a lot of reverb

Hes a favela freak

i asked reddit and they said fry or m0 doesnt hurt the voice as long as i dont push through when discomfort starts

>it's 2am in russia

Is it true that bass is easier to learn than guitar?

vocaroo.com/i/s1Nc0mY2wWB4
you sing a low fundamental, and since one fold is vibrating half the speed of the other, it makes for a literal perfect octave down
the hard part is controlling the upper harmonics:
vocaroo.com/i/s0dBkyJwQ75T

it's ok as long as it doesn't become a regular thing
how old are you?

>brazilian
oh well

5:04 on first vid
that sounds like a dude

>we're actually a tuvan throat singing imageboard now

Attached: 200_s.gif (293x200, 32K)

The only fluid dynamics you've ever studied is trap jjzz splashing off your asscrack.

Listening to fags on the internet instead of getting the gutiar(s) you want is how to develop lifelong GAS

You will never be satisfied so you will always need more gutiars, except for the one you want, because the internet told you it was for fags.

tone plastic is the only tone-anything that has any promise of delivering consistent results

mahogany is pretty bullshit in particular because it grows inconsistently and the supply is split between several different species from different sources (illegal old growth rainforest wood, indonesian plantations, etc)

>mahogany body A
bright and harsh as fuck
>mahogany body B
dark and muddy as fuck
>mahogany body C
nice and smooth

hence the "singing les pauls" versus all the other crap

just let me say now, though, that fretboard wood has never had a chance at making the smallest difference in tone.

>how old are you?
just turned 22

>You will never be satisfied so you will always need more gutiars, except for the one you want, because the internet told you it was for fags.
that really applies to life

When would you want to use a certain inversion of a chord as opposed to root position when writing a progression?

fretboard wood has more impact than body wood
youre raving

at mornings

If any part of the guitar contributes to tone Id say it is the neck (not fretboard) I built some lapsteel guitars and can here a big difference in woods. On solid body electrics not so much.

No, it really fucking doesn't. It does nothing. Nada. Neck and body wood are all that matters and they only matter a little. You're more likely to hear the difference between construction methods, fret wire materials, and bridge types than anything.

everythig matters

You want to get philosophical? At what level of influence does a difference, for all practical purposes, not exist?

I guess my tone-sweat changes the harmonic content slightly. Did SRV have better tone sweat on his strings?

vocaroo.com/i/s1pETGLjbbiQ

no im not philosophical, you are just retardedly defining what matters and what doesnt
might as well say wood doesnt matter and only bridge matters

the more wood there is the more effect it will have on the sound waves traveling through it and eventually to the other end of the vibrating string, changing the rates at which certain overtones decay

the amount of fretboard wood is so small there is no perceptible difference that can be proven to be due to the fretboard, so it's a purely aesthetic concern

if you don't get this you are either a brainlet or part of the PRS marketing department

Attached: 1469464561730.png (618x478, 426K)

nah it doesnt matter bro
theres no point in worrying about it
after the signal goes through the amp a 3d printed and a mahogany guitar will sound the same
it's only worth it worrying about pickups, strings and saddles

>Tfw have two guitars with the same pickups (EMG 81/81) and they sound drastically different

Attached: 2ef.jpg (754x817, 51K)

she likes the guitar bag

what do you expect? you have self induced schizophrenia.

Attached: e6eda509-7d17-479e-9144-a2672739528f.jpg (720x1280, 66K)

don't project onto me sambo

only a gibson

I'm not giving advice to Brazilians ever again

when I want to have a way to make sense out of a non-functional progression or wanna have some kind of chromatic cadence

yeah you are a real woman!

strings yes, saddles not so muh. They contact at one point. Technically you could have a guitar with no saddle like a sting connected to a nail. I build pickups and even those are a bit of a meme. Its how you compensate for the pickup with the amp. If you fuck with lapsteel guitar you will have a much better understanding of electric guitars as a lot of variables get cut out. You would be surprised how much has to do with the picking hand and how you attack a string. All guitar players should play lapsteel and classical to really understand the roots of the electric guitar. It will make you a better player.

lmao youre truly full of shit i'm leaving bye

please sambo, i'm nothing like you.

this is how people reacted to jesus when he hosted public speaking events.

>Sam so deep into gender dysphoria that now he thinks everyone else is a woman too

RIP

ofc, i dont use anime girl reaction pics

So you mean am morning right? is that like 00:01 til 11:59, or just from like 7 til when Micky D's stops selling breakfast?

Non functional as in sounds boring or not unique enough?

!gracias cabrón!

bruh have you ever actually played with inversions for like 5 minutes?

What's wrong, is it triggering your dysphoria, Samantha?

Attached: lole.gif (384x288, 283K)

get out of my ass disgusting schizo

If you just bought an authentic Gibson Les Paul you wouldn't be having these problems

i have an authentic Condor with authentic Malagoli pickups which is much better

have you've been pushing you wheelbarrow all day dude? holy shit lmfao

based taste too user

if you want the bassline/voices to move smoothly instead of bouncing around

>i have an authentic inferior clone

How would you know it was better if you can't afford a real one?

youtu.be/eWp0riy-2uw

i played a condor once and it was dogshit. i had no idea it was possible to make a guitar that bad. it was like a call back to the days when cheap guitars bordered on being unplayable.

i also played a few tagimas to see if they were better than squiers and they were worse than squier bullets

thank you, independent guitar stores desperate for money, for importing firewood.

brazil is incapable of making a good guitar.

ive played a couple real ones and they felt stiff af to play and sounded muddy

youtu.be/uYtf6jixoX8

No you haven't

as in doing something retarded like i then down to iv first inversion, down to II and then iii

>!gracias cabrón!
np carnal

i just said i did

This.

Youre losing it samantha

Newfags can't orangetext

Attached: 1325767415645.jpg (700x523, 50K)

Why do you lie?
Oh no nononoonoono look at this dude.

wheelbarrow

who's Samantha and who's pushing a wheelbarrow?

Attached: 1566150994377.jpg (512x422, 29K)

Well hello!

Samantha is a schizophrenic repressing transexual who recently had a mental breakdown and spammed dick pics

Wheelbarrow man is the abstract form of jcum that exists within Samantha's mind.

sam work in an air conditioned pet store and jroach is a day laborer who pushes a wheelbarrow around a construction site all day like a farm animal

Fuck off newfag you're not welcome

ALL YOU NEWFAGS YOU'RE NOT WELCOME

That was weak. Just weak. Trying too hard. Not funny.

You peaked with the of montreal fans can't afford ESPs shitpost and it's all been downhill since then.

the vampire weekend one was good too

So Sam is smarter than jroach?

Attached: 02f.jpg (655x527, 36K)

yes

Sam is smarter but genuinely mentally ill.
Jcope is dumber and fully aware of how sad his life is.

Guitar Kot

Attached: IMG-20190825-WA0007.jpg (3264x1836, 717K)

what is a tranny doing playing guitar

jroach? what

please no bully I don't feel comfortable out of /o/

>I don't feel comfortable out of /o/
That's your body telling you to leave. Listen to it.

It seems that way as an impartial observer. Samuel seems to have been able to set up and utilized a recording interface where jcope hasn't. Other than their jobs there no other way to distinguish the two via accomplishments. They both suck at guitar and have cheap knock off guitars and shitty amps.

It's well known in /gg/ that trannys love gibson les pauls because they believe the guitar will turn them into an anime girl but because they're broke and mentally ill all they can get is Chinese shitplanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=IfaGYH3rsJU

i guess you have to use your ears deciding where the voices should go. the guys practicing burping out low notes made me think of this song which has a simple example, the chords go em, bm/f#, asus2, bm/f# which would be ruined if the bass jumped to the 1st of the bm instead of moving melodiously through the inverted chord

I DON'T SUCK

Well you suck less than jcope anyway. You beat him in two duels after all. No one except jcope disputes this here. My advice? Take your victories where you can.

so they are these rude guys trying to hide their meme status?

>You beat him in two duels after all.

All Sammy had to do was play in key.

Sadly this is true.

Hey guy asking about CHORD INVERSIONS
you should learn Plush and Intestate Love Song

Attached: IMG-20190825-WA0012.jpg (3264x1836, 559K)

Fuck off I am not leveling myself after some retarded wheelbarrow pushing manchild

Tfw getting progressively worse at guitar and I don't even use drugs

Feels terrible

Attached: IMG-20190825-WA0017.jpg (3264x1836, 381K)

he's turning into an actual chimpanzee

Attached: IMG-20190825-WA0021.jpg (1920x1080, 198K)

FUCK OFF NEWFAGS

I REPEAT: FUCK OFF NEWFAGS

Attached: IMG-20190825-WA0028.jpg (1920x1080, 191K)

wait is this the guy I've been talking to all along?

sure why not

Attached: 1493860834551.jpg (480x640, 12K)

>It's another Sambo has a mental breakdown edition

Isn't this just getting repetitive?

Attached: 1564101717314.jpg (584x512, 130K)

wait until gibshill has another mental breakdown because ESPshill is shilling guitars that are actually good

*crack*

Attached: 1566258696537.png (600x600, 170K)

come on man, i'm getting nervous

Attached: oh, brother.jpg (474x417, 26K)

guitar master, how does it feel knowing that guitarists who are more successful than you prefer 24 fret guitars?

are they, as you have said, actually bad at gutiar?

Steve Vai fucking sucks dude you already know this

>successful guitarists
>giving a fuck about gear

successful people can afford more than one guitar so they don't have to have autistic loyalty to the brand name and features of their gookplank as a coping mechanism

only unsuccessful players care about gear. talented people care so little they have to literally be paid to say anything about gear.

Relax, don't do it
When you want to go to it
Relax, don't do it
When you want to cum
Relax, don't do it
When you want to sock it to it
Relax, don't do it
When you want to cum

Attached: 400ee73b4b2ca7eb4521572d8e7786f2--time-cartoon-my-childhood.jpg (300x433, 18K)

>/gg/ - gear general

Attached: 1507992661195.gif (1027x731, 370K)

Explain John Frusciante or Stevie Ray Vaughan then.

someone confirm this i feel like in the middle of a freak show

Attached: SRV.jpg (470x704, 49K)

Fucking kek.
Should have rode it out

Attached: EB75WiQXsAADSz2.jpg (1536x2048, 742K)

Of course he played a variety of guitars but still had an autistic loyalty to pre CBS Fenders throughout his life.

eww a jroach

Frusciante plays a very, very wide variety of guitars including several ibanezzes, a gretsch, and a rickenbacker. He's probably the worst example of brand loyalty.

He also said this

>I’ve been offered ’59 Les Pauls, and I’d love to play one. But they’re just too expensive to rationalize. I think it’s important, as an artist, to never feel that anything having to do with music is judged by its price. What you can do with it is much more important than how much it costs. If collectors who don’t play guitars didn’t buy them, their value would be based on what players feel they’re worth. But when the people who would really use them don’t get the chance, it’s a real shame.
With a net worth of 20 million.

That handheld fluorescent light looks like could have come straight out of your house jcope

do any fender loyalists really like the new shit that much?

imho american strats feel pretty superstratty, not exactly grandpa guitars
>elaborate switching
>stacked humbuckers in series
>flatter thinner necks
>floating two point bridges

>I’ve been offered ’59 Les Pauls, and I’d love to play one. But they’re just too expensive to rationalize. I think it’s important, as an artist, to never feel that anything having to do with music is judged by its price. What you can do with it is much more important than how much it costs

lol more like john fruscope

Attached: 4008740764281b3b0def8d52669af1cc357d01fd8eca1cf5c1c4428d629f9447.jpg (560x700, 204K)

At a Guitar Center guitar clinic I once asked Steve Vai what kind of guitar he played the most and he spaced and couldn't remember the name of it. Later on he came back up to me and said it was a white Ibanez with EVO he had carved into it.

>he got trolled by steve vai

Fender loyalist here, i hate anything that isn't a reissue in nitro. The custom shop postmodern strat isn't a reissue but it's great too. You named off nearly everything about them that I hate, I hate the way poly feels and ages too. Elaborate switching is fine if it's something you like but it should be optional instead of standard.

Zoomer here

Poly feels better than nitro and doesn't smell like a paint huffer

....and you just trolled by me! Ha! I never even met Steve Vai you retard!

>Lacquer finish
>7.25" radius
>Low output single coil pickups
>Vintage pole stagger
>Six-screw trem
>No bridge tone pot
>Truss rod screw in neck heel
>Split-shaft tuners
>21 frets
>Fender tweed champ

Attached: 1530831431752.jpg (690x588, 79K)

based vintage guitar specs
I really do feel like I've grown into a bloos boomer though, I listened to John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers today and unironically enjoyed i.

>matte poly finish
>15" radius
>fishman fluence pickups
>floyd rose
>no tone pot
>truss rod adjusted by spoke wheel at neck heel
>locking tuners
>24 frets, 8 strings
>mesa mark V 25w

Attached: 1536508194372.png (252x229, 55K)

It's only vintage for fender

Everything "modern" is basically a variation on the concepts introduced by the Gibson Les Paul and Gibson SG, neither of which have changed that much.

>i was having a conversation with a mentally ill brazilian tranny who's trying to become a bass singer by giving the microphone a blowjob

lol i'm fucking off back to /o/

Attached: 1537064555797.png (183x95, 12K)

>no headstock
>crafted in indonesia

Attached: 9qdarog3tm021.jpg (937x894, 49K)

I'm playing a gig tonight

Can /gg/ for see any particular reason not to string an SG with 9-42 instead of 10-48? a freind of mine insists that that SGs are designed specifically to be strung with 10-48 and that less would cause problems (i dont mind readjusting the truss rod and intonation, they are trivial tasks by my standards but seemingly major operations in the mind of my friend who regularly send his guitar to get "fixed" at a music store for minor problems)

Attached: hello.png (128x128, 16K)

>for see
>foresee
god that annoys me

remember to have fun user!

You obviously don't own a modern mia strat and a superstrat

Attached: 20181228_212022.jpg (4160x3120, 3.48M)

take this with a grain of salt becasue i have a boner now but the primary problem is that you have weak girly fingers

Flo

yeah obviously i don't own shitty guitars like you do what's your point?

Attached: boy-holding-empty-wallet-450w-406387006.jpg (450x321, 24K)

lol yeah that's you alright, good point

For the price of these two mediocre planks (doubtlessly bought used or discounted) you could have bought a brand new les paul studio model.

It also doesn't look like disgusting shiny and slimy mould with cracks

What bass would you all recommend for a small person? I have an Ibanez Micro currently, but I'm looking for something higher quality.

Budget? Are you comfortable with short/medium scale or do you need to stay sub-short scale?

buying used shit is the only way to go desu, you can get the same instrument for half the price or a better one for the same price and the resale value will be the same when you get rid of it unlike a new instrument

I don't really want to go beyond 600 dollars. I would be ok with a medium scale, but preferably short scale.

strandbergs>anything else

>when you're so desperate for sales you shill your meme guitars in a random anime

Attached: the state of strandberg.jpg (908x1200, 233K)

I don't buy anything I could possibly see myself getting rid of. In this way I don't make a loss and I don't have to deal with someone else's grimy equipment.

esp knows that feel

Attached: TB2oo1utVOWBuNjy0FiXXXFxVXa_!!2747326864.jpg (800x800, 377K)

A Mustang or Musicmaster would be the easiest thing to find at that price point without getting into hunting fairly obscure stuff.

>When your company's reputation is so strong that only the best animes of the century are good enough to bear your official endorsement

Violin bass.

reverb.com/item/23820041-hofner-contemporary-violin-bass-sunburst-used

Attached: img_sld-22.jpg (1000x618, 105K)

You Really Got Me is the right answer to this

Workin' Man Blues

Vs are fine. I prefer the Rhoads shape.

Don't know any guitar music from before the 90s

No.

>implying anime collabs are a bad thing
on a side note, holy shit almost 5k for a guitar. I'll just settle for the standard series

Tasteless, cringy waifubait for neckbeards.

Tasteful and wholesome entertainment.

Attached: 5555449484_f853c4c43a_b.jpg (519x1024, 139K)

it might be faster to get in a band, not really easier to play

in bass, what you don't need in technique and speed, you'll need in timing and rhythm

different pots

Attached: 30115048-BF69-44AB-BA00-075BE9BAF272.jpg (625x626, 33K)

Is there a trick to power chords? I know they're easy and I know how to do them but I can't seem to do them with index and pinky fingers, I can only do them with index/ring. Also sliding power chords is a pain for me too, can't get a smooth fast slide.

You probably have poor thumb positioning, are applying too much pressure/playing with too much tension in your hand & wrist, your fingers aren't arched so that you're fretting with the fingertips instead of the pads, or maybe you just don't have good callouses yet... or any combination of the above.

i've been playing for about 3 years and i might have picked a strange habit,

i never really tried playing with a pick, i sticked to fingerstyle guitar, and when i need to play fast notes consecutively and other things you'd normally play with a pick,
i use my indexfinger, i put my hand in the same position as if you were holding a pick, but i don't have any, and i just let the tip of my index finger a bit lower so that it hits the strings with the soft part of the finger, as i keep the nails short,
how unpractical is it ? should i give up on this "technique" and learn how to play with a pick like everyone ?

youtube.com/watch?v=lbOsBy7QqVg
check out prog-chang here

you can do it if you want to

Try using the edge of you thumb, or a thumb pick, Chet Atkins/Tommy Emmanuel style just to see if it works better for you.

What's your favourite pedal?

Gentlmen I have about $200 to blow on an electric guitar, recommendations please.

PAC012

Bought a new bass and bass pedal

Is the BC Rich Warlock a good beginner guitar?

Fuck yeah

Attached: Capture.jpg (1208x807, 96K)

I'm torn between a Warlock and a Squier Jazzmaster

Have a look at this page, this is where I want to buy, I have about 2000-2500 Rands.

takealot.com/music/electric-11637?sort=BestSelling Descending&rows=20&start=0&uuid=45423593d54846b58690257ff3d1f588&filter=Available:true

Harley benton, agile, stuff like that is your best bet. You'll get a bit more for your money rather than completely bare bones stuff from the 'big name' brands

She made the right choice

Attached: Yui_and_her_guitar_first_meeting.png (1920x1080, 1.9M)

seems like your only options are Ibanez and Squier
if this your first guitar, you should probably avoid any tremolos (especially the cheap Ibanez ones and buy this hardtail Squier
takealot.com/squier-by-fender-bullet-stratocaster-electric-guitar-fiesta-red/PLID46988919/description

Thank you, senpai.

Hey guys. So I've been trying to learn some led zep songs using a slide. I've been practicing In My Time Of Dying in open A (though apparently it can be played in open G). I also want to learn When The Levee Breaks. I understand this is in open F. Since I hate retuning every few minutes, should I tune my guitar to open F to play WTLB and then capo the 2nd fret to play IMTOD? Does that sound right? (sorry, this basic shit confuses me sometimes)

How do I get as good as the dooo_? That guy can play literally anything and he rapes face on that square.

I have no idea who you're talking about, but the answer is by practising.

>Frusciante plays a very, very wide variety of guitars including several ibanezzes, a gretsch, and a rickenbacker. He's probably the worst example of brand loyalty
he only played those occasionally as opposed to his 62 fender strat, which he used as main guitar from 98 to 2007 retard

Fuck you dude

Based Frusciante!! Fuck gear collecting boomers. You're worse than bonamassa.

Hahaha

What? Did you forget the Gibson Les Paul is an outdated model?

Fuck you
Yeah you're better off fucking off, bye

No it's ok

Nice

I don't care

Your friend is completely full of shit. You use the strings that you like the best for your comfort and playing style

My pedalboard

Attached: Screenshot_20190825_081253.jpg (1080x705, 334K)

Back at it again with another meltdown.
Poor sammy, born in the wrong body and playing the wrong instrument.
Fitting that someone who'll never make it as a guitarist will also never make it as a real girl.

/gg/ please lend me some advice of sorts here. I aim to start recording some bass riffs as a basis for songs (starting with the bass seems like a reasonable way to go so i can build the rest of the song up around that). I own a shitty practise bass with seemingly nothing wrong with it and i will borrow a freinds bass amp. My question pertains to what i want to record it with. I have a sm57 and soon i will grab a cheap steinberg ur12. Can anyone see any problem with this set up at all?

Attached: ashley jones.webm (1280x720, 2.88M)

Ur better off recording the bass directly and using an amp sim and using the sm57 for the rest

24.75 scale guitars definitely sound better with heavier gauges imho. I use 12-52 on guitars with that scale length

Attached: e4ce63d2c4c6f19862d5ff592c174da3.jpg (499x350, 34K)

String gauge does nothing to the tone

alright user i shall take your advice.

>String tension does nothing to tone

wtf am I reading lmao

Prove that it does bitch

pffft user stop being fucking silly

Attached: 1563799167317.jpg (700x525, 98K)

and Earth is flat, ok

Exactly, you guys can't prove it. You're cork sniffing like usual

at least we arent COCK sniffing! lmao

any tips for expanding a melodic idea into a song

if your hearing is so bad that you don't hear it there's nothing to be proven.

why dont you go replace every string on you guitar a 9 gauge and see what the fuck it sound like? lmao

EVH and Tony Iommi and countless other heavy sounding players use 9s or 8s. Who should I trust, them or a couple of incels here on /gg/? Go fuck yourselves lmao

knock yourself out. I really could not care less.

just cos we can't prove it doesn't mean it's not true. if you make a statement then the burden of proof is on you. so where is your proof that it doesn't affect tone?

>just cos we can't prove it doesn't mean it's not true
lmao, so who can? No one
>so where is your proof that it doesn't affect tone?
Go listen to any rock or metal album literally in the past 50 years. Hendrix, EVH, Tony Iommi, Ozzy, etc all had players using 9s or 8s and the tone is fucking huge. The string gauge changes the feel of the guitar and thats it, no reason to go bigger when you can get massive sound on thinner strings like the pros did all of which are better than anyone on /gg/

whatever dude, hendrix was on 10s at least, SRV uses 12s, billy gibbons uses 8s. you said it doesn't affect tone, well i can tell you all those people think it does, so your appeal to those legends doesn't really stick when there are whole articles in guitar player magazine about how billy gibbons taught josh homme all about thin strings giving a big tone. so it does affect tone, but you said it didn't because you are a stupid cunt.

stringe gauge may very well affect the sound but it is such to a tiny degree it is literally imperceptible when you compare it to the amp, pickups, player's hands, hell, even the fucking cables probably affects the sound muuuuuuuuuch more than string gauge.
fucking autists

>people used heavier gauged strings because they believed it affects the tone
lol you retard, people simply have personal preferences of what gauge feels best.
SRV had absolutely monster hands, his grip was strong as fuck and he could probably break a 9 high E with 1 bend

lmao, so thats what, 1 example of a player spreading fake news around? Thats not enough evidence to convince anyone when the RECORDED sound is fucking huge on skinny strings on countless records. The change in tone if at all could totally be altered by ones pick attack or EQ, its not enough of a reason to go with another gauge other than to change how it feels to play
Exactly, thank you

cont'd, other things it affects: tuning stability, accidental bends/wrong intonation, fret wear and buzzing against strings (especially on the low frets), also thicker strings tend to last longer. this also dependent on the scale length of the guitar. i mean you are a total retard if you think the fundamental thing that makes a noise on the guitar does not affect the tone. it's like your saying a big sax sounds just like small sax.

Done, thanks again man, they're out of stock now, this was the last one they had.

Comes down to about $148, not bad considering this is South Africa so shit's normally more expensive.

Attached: Capture.png (799x497, 60K)

one of the best players of all time and absolute legend who is a guitar obsessive and obviously has better ears than you retards.

next thread: String Gauge Edition?

also, explain flatwounds and groundwounds? why do we use brass on acoustic, what about nylon strings. so many questions about what goes on in your little pea brains.

you could say that about any one of those things. the guy said it didn't affect tone at all. well he's wrong.

This is complete bullshit.

Attached: Oh I'm laffin.jpg (480x360, 23K)

no you couldn't.
Even an absolute untrained retard could tell the difference between different amplifier, pickups and much more obvious guitar players.
What I would like to see is you being able to tell the difference between 11, 10 and 9 strings in a blind test with the same player, same gear, same song in a mix.
willing to bet my virgin hairy asshole you couldn't

NEW THRAD

Totally different stuff. We're talking about the size of the strings, not the material
You can't prove it impacts the tone, it definitely changes the feel, but the tonal impact is extremely minimal if at all. If anything the tonal difference comes down to the fact that you are going to play different on different size strings so you are pressing harder/lighter (which in turn changes the tone) due to the fact that you could be potentially pressing down too hard and causing the notes to go sharp
Exactly, this stuff has way more impact on the tone than the gauge of strings which is largely a cork sniffing contest as mentioned previously