Still the GOAT

Still the GOAT.

Attached: notoriousbig.jpg (1200x1212, 216K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=prmQgSpV3fA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

More like the BLOAT

young thug is the goat

he's pretty good. maybe even the GOAT. but i don't listen to him all the time

Attached: 1565449728722.jpg (250x250, 9K)

HEE HEE

Attached: 1554403374197.jpg (694x626, 189K)

what a fat fuck

>2 albums
>goat
Hell no, andre 3000 has more better albums and he was around the same time he was

'95 Biggie is the greatest peak for a rapper

seriously I fuck with Biggie, but he isn't better than Wu or Nas. Methodman featured on both Biggie and Tupac's debut albums.. think about that

correcting myself it wasn't Tupac's debut but still you get the picture of how underrated Meth is

I think it'd be hard to argue against that. 94 Nas, 04 Doom, 95 Big L, 15 Kendrick, and whenever u think Black Thought and Andre peaked would also be contenders. Maybe one of GZA or Ghostface

Meth was incredibly hot at the time. He had next. Meth doesn't stand up to BIG. Tical is his best album and it's not even top 5 of '94. I love Meth but that's a ridiculous claim. Nas, yeah, he obviously has a claim. '94 to '96 Nas was a ridiculous run.

04 DOOM isn't even fair to compare to other rappers considering the amount of rhyming and production he had going on in that time, one man fucking army

Big L aint even fucking close. Big L was my favorite rapper when I was a kid 20 years ago. He isn't even touching Redman, Pun, G Rap, Prodigy, or many others in New York. Far too one dimensional.

sometimes I get scarrrred when I listen to Mobb Deep

You should.

Attached: ofAPJqO.gif (413x309, 1.46M)

Arguably the greatest peaks in hiphop were

>future 2015
>lil wayne 2008
>eminem 2000
>tupac 94-96
>drake 2014-2016
>jay z 2001

>>future 2015
Can't speak on it. Not a fan.
>>lil wayne 2008
I'd say 05-07. Carter II to Drought 3 was his peak.
>>eminem 2000
I guess.
>>tupac 94-96
95-96, yeah, agreed.
>>drake 2014-2016
Nah.
>>jay z 2001
Lost to Nas but yeah. I actually don't know what his true peak was. I'd say '96 to '01 in general.

If we're just talking about raw rapping ability Earl Sweatshirt honestly has an argument. He doesn't have as much charisma on the mic as someone like Biggie but his technical skills are up there with anybody

zoomer

Earl is cool but doesn't have the energy, voice, flow, music making ability, humor or storytelling. Biggie is in my opinion the best total package in hip-hop history. Technical skills are only a small part of being a great MC. There are so many people better than him like Mos Def, Pharaohe Monch, or Phonte who don't even get mentioned.

>There are so many people better than him like
I meant better than Earl, not BIG.

Mos Def should get mentioned more to be honest

Wouldn't even put him in the top 100

Thebe Neruda Kgositsile

And probably will be the GOAT forever, something like The Beatles in regards to popular music, you can't say with a straight face that Tupac or Jay Z or whoever is the GOAT while Biggie exists.
Could someone explain to me if there might be an underlying reason why I absolutely fucking hate Future? I unironically listen to and enjoy very similar shit and even more derivative and leaned out music, and Future inspired stuff, but I absolutely fucking hate Future for some reason
gr8 b8 m8 fucking Earl Sweatshirt

Absolutely, one of the all time best.
Don't know but I hold the same feelings towards Future. Just grating to me.

You can't not put Black Thought in the top 3 at the very least. What other human could do this. Even if it's not completely off the top of the head it's insane

youtube.com/watch?v=prmQgSpV3fA

I still listen to it frequently. The Roots are on another level. Arguably the best discography in hip-hop.

Yeah Outkast, Kanye, Tribe, Ghostface, and DOOM are the only artists that can really compare

best thread I've seen on Yea Forums in a while

i used to absolutely hate future but he's an artist i'll listen to now. i hated drake when i first heard of him and i still hate him now. i hate jay-z and kanye west but i've listened to most of their work.

he only has 3 albums and 1 mixtape, the output just isnt there. plus his influence is insignificant and his impact is bare none. hes nice but nowhere near the goat

is it fair to compare black thought to another artist when most of his most notable works and verses have been apart of the roots and not solo

Yeah because we're just judging him based on his rapping and he does 95% of the raps on Roots albums. Pretty sure he writes everything himself too. It's not like having a live band behind him gives him an advantage over other rappers who don't

Im only bringing that up because i think groups should be considered separate than individual artists, no one would consider andre a GOAT if it wasnt for outkast.

his "hungry flow" became lazy as fuck on Life After Death