There is nothing terrible about Nickelback that isn't also terrible about AC/DC

there is nothing terrible about Nickelback that isn't also terrible about AC/DC

Attached: acdc.jpg (980x653, 96K)

Correct, they're both good.

Canadian

If someone doesn't like AC/DC (bon scott era at least) I automatically assume they have shit taste and take themselves too seriously

Based

kind of agree but the better comparison is Nickelback and Foo Fighters

AC/DC had great rock grooves, wild rebellious energy, a great sense of humor portrayed through dirty but sly lyrics

Nickelback is the mainstreamification and genericization of an already horrible sound, Nirvana.

both are correct.

Attached: 1514349737508.jpg (354x465, 15K)

nirvana was good, tardcuck

I just don't like shitty music

Nirvana was "good" if you like bad depressive power pop, I guess....why you would like such a thing is beyond me.

dilate

Hating Nickelback pre-2005 is the ultimate proof you're r*ddit and should fuck off back there.

Yes I enjoy someone singing their poetry and introspective feelings more than fat Aussie tards singing about their balls

This, Photograph is legitimately an awful song but there was nothing overly annoying about the band back then.

AC/DC never wrote joyless garbage like Polly or Scentless Apprentice, and Angus and Malcolm are actually good guitarists

Nirvana are for the teenage depressive mindset, Kurt Cobain is an icon for estranged youths everywhere who consider themselves "damaged" or "different", he has such a powerful energy of intrigue and sadness which surrounds him and draws them in
I'm not sure how you can consider Kurt's songwriting bad, he's just a pop musician wearing the garbs of his inspirations very plainly (My War era Black Flag, Melvins, Sonic Youth, Jesus Lizard, Meat Puppets, Vaselines)

Speaking of Meat Puppets, they're the closest I've come to finding a group with the same energy I felt when I was into nirvana when young, they've got the abstract intelligent sadness that kurt must have really channelled

Both are just buttrock shit

"good guitarist" is subjective as fuck first of all, and even from a technical perspective they're not even in the top tier of 70's butt rock guitarists, not even close actually

>"good guitarist" is subjective as fuck first of all
Any Young brother>Kurt is an objective fact though. And they're by no means the best guitarists of the 70s but you're seriously underrating how influential AC/DC's rhythm playing is. It's not like KISS where everything they did was irrelevant, if you take out AC/DC then something goes missing from hard rock

Can you explain what about their rhythm playing is any more forward thinking or influential than what richie blackmore or Jimmy Page were doing a few years prior? I'm legit curious, like all internet asshole cynicism aside you seem to like this band and I want to know

>subjective as fuck
lmao fuck off retard, just go ahead and say you can't be botherred/aren't capable of defending your viewpoint and fuck off, you fucking cumrag.

>poetry
>introspection
Nirvana fans are such fakes and poseurs. Even Kurt said his lyrics were gibberish. And they are, there is no meaning behind most of them, it's all irony and sarcasm and nonsense to be cute. Nothing deep or heartfelt or emotional, it's all proto hipster detached posturing.

Kurt could write good pop melodies I'll give you that, but uh....I'll take Cheap Trick instead, I prefer power pop that doesn't sound droning and depressing, I want it to be fun. My life is fucked up enough I don't care about some bleach blonde asshole from Seattle pouting.

AC/DC appeal guitar wise is similar to punk rock, something you as a Nirvana fan who would obviously favor simplicity over virtuosity should understand if you weren't a hypocrite. Its about the pure wild untamed energy they had.

>everything KISS did was irrelevant
Ace Frehley had some of the most flavorful solos of his era even if not the most technical, and KISS is a SUPREME rock pleb filter at least in regards to the 70's stuff. At least cool bass is a factor in early KISS music, can't be said of AC/DC.

fuck off you kike fetishist

>kiss fan
post disregarded

>Kissfag
Almost stuck the landing, now you've discredited yourself. Ace was never good and Gene is a garbage bass player too, I'm guessing the reason he hates I Was Made For Loving You is because playing disco bass takes talent

I agree. Both fucking suck.

Samefag.

I'll take solace knowing all my favorite musicians agree with me, such as Pantera, Metallica, and Alice In Chains that Ace and early KISS ruled. And Ace wasn't Jewish by the way.

Attached: ace-frehley-and-dimebag.jpg (564x644, 48K)

this is based

>Even Kurt said his lyrics were gibberish. And they are, there is no meaning behind most of them, it's all irony and sarcasm and nonsense to be cute. Nothing deep or heartfelt or emotional, it's all proto hipster detached posturing.
Yeah Kurt was literally the soiboi before a term for it existed

>playing disco bass takes talent
Bwahahahaha

Photograph is their best song though

imagine being such an incel that you don't like nirvana

thunderstruck is literally the best song of all time

Nirvana is good. AC/DC and Nickelback suck balls.