Which one?

Which one?

Attached: pet sounds revolver.jpg (2000x1000, 1.01M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZXKhiYo5P1A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pet Sounds > Revolver
Beatles > Beach Boys

Well one has Tomorrow Never Knows and the other doesn't

Revolver. Because it doesn’t sound like the same song 10x times.

Pet Sounds is soulless.

>one has a shit song
>the other doesn't
And that's why Pet Sounds is better.

Pet Sounds
I love how autistic it is with attention to detail and how the gorgeous melodies arc over the unconventional harmonic backdrops. It's in a whole different league to Revolver, in a way they're very hard to compare because Revolver is a rock album with psychy leanings and pet sounds is psychy orchestral pop. also Revolver doesn't really get going until She Said She Said, the flow of the A side is so choppy.
Now pic related is a whole other thing
the arrangements are much more amateurish cause they didn't understand harmony (they had to hum the notes to the orchestra) but the songs have such unusual structures and a truly uncanny and almost frightening feel to them. This along with the amazing lyrics make it feel like true psychedelia, much more so than even Piper and Sgt Pepper

Attached: Love_-_forever_changes.jpg (300x300, 50K)

Revolver and is not even close.
Pet Sounds is the most overrated album of all time, along with Peppers.

Explain.

Revolver is the best album the Beatles ever made but I'm afraid it goes

Smile sessions > Pet Sounds > Revolver

MMT>Pet Sounds=Revolver

I disagree but MMT is my 2nd fav Beatles album and the only other one I think is good at all so I respect you

Pet Sounds is a masterpiece and Revolver is a solid 5/10 mediocre Rock album. But in reality, the best Psych Album is Soft Parade or Days Of Future Passed

easily Revolver. I tried listening to Pet Sounds yesterday and I couldn’t even sit through the whole thing. It was so fucking boring. it literally just made me appreciate other albums i like more.

I unironically feel bad for anyone this fucking retarded

Cope

Pet Sounds

I don't think about you at all.

Revolver >

Pet Sounds is an 8/10.
Revolver is a 10/10

Pet Sounds is more acclaimed for it's influence on liberating the album format from being just a simple collection of songs and more of an art piece as a whole. That being said the actual songs and talents put forth on the record have not aged well at all. On the other hand Revolver is still a standard album, but the songwriting genius and sonic experimentation still hold power to this day.

Pet Sounds may have dabbled in experimentation by implementing the "wall of sound" type production in pop music, but it could never hold a candle to something like Tomorrow Never Knows

Both are great but I prefer Revolver just because it has Tomorrow Never Knows

This

you guys can argue over which is better but Revolver is my favorite

I really like Taxman.

tomorrow never knows is one of the weaker cuts off revolver in my opinion
the best ones are i'm only sleeping, she said she said, and got to get you into my life

Pet Sounds is one of the best baroque pop albums of all time
Revolver is the greatest album of all time

both are shit

I'm probably going to get a lot of shit for this, but I genuinely prefer Brian Wilson's version of Smile.

Pet Sounds imo, which is all anyone can say

How fucking retarded are you

Better than both of them

Attached: 26041332.jpg (2288x2454, 606K)

Revolver by far
Pet Sounds is unlistenable, boring and forgettable

Yet so many people listen to it, enjoy it and remember it

fpbp

Attached: IMG_8176.jpg (1236x1237, 456K)

Magical mystery tour

they're low iq hipsters

based

youtu.be/ZXKhiYo5P1A

9/10, much better than psound or GUN.

>standard 60s garage rock with some dude blowing on a bottle
wow such a masterpiece 10/10

absolutely fucking based and parade-pilled

desu i never got the appeal of revolver, every album after it besides let it be and yellow submarine are better

>dude basic studio manipulation lmao

Every Beatles song is about impersonal made up shit or genetic topics that have little if anything to do with the singer's true emotions

*generic

CAUSE IM THE TAXMAAAAN

Not liking both is pure zoomer contrarianism. Revolver is more fun and more varied but much less consistent with songs like Good Day Sunshine and Love You To being particularly weak.

PS has no weak songs but there is less diversity and the uniform Phil Spector style may get boring to some and make the album sound more “of its time” but the songwriting is more intricate and it’s way more harmonically dense than anything the Beatles did, and Paul would be the first to admit that.

Also, anybody who dislikes Doctor Robert is gay. I see people shit on that particular track all the time here and I just want you all to know that if you’re one of them I think you have lousy taste.

Cringe. If you tell me that Don't Let Me Down isn't full of emotion, you're a faggot

It's generic as fuck and not tied to real life events.

>generic as fuck
How so?
>not tied to real events
How so?

i used to make posts like this. ill lsten to your album.

pet sounds is/was more influential to pop and rock
although revolver is a far better and more revolutionary-sounding listen though

Smile>Pet Sounds

>capeshitter has shit taste in music
That explains a lot

It's revolver, and it's not even close.

this.
Pet sounds sounds like a bunch of ideas slapped together. It sounds disjointed. The interlude in good vibrations is crappy. Pet sounds reminds me of queen I can see how normies like it and are impressed, but someone with an ear for songcraft can tell its just a mish mash. Brian should have wrote the songs outside of the studio. Revolver is a more honest record. Its doesnt pretend to be something it is not. Only reason pet sounds is a thing is cause mc cartney said it inspired pepper (which is also a bit disjointed) its just part of the myth and narrative. Nothing objectively great. reminder the beachboys went from writing the same chuck berry tune over and over to this so its sorta like when the crippled kid scores a goal. We make a big stink. Pet sounds is the special olympics of albums.

ITT: Yea Forums can't get Pet Sounds
God, this is so embarracing. Fucking zoomers can't appreciate real art

real art doesnt need context to be appreciated. sorry that the boomer marketing machine is dying down. you can still praise nirvana for 15 more years grandpa.

>real art doesnt need context to be appreciated
Yeah I'm in Yea Forums alright lol

Revolver because And Your Bird Can Sing and For No One

i agree but pet sounds good. it happy and sad and hap good notes in it. it make me think about different things and give me joy.

Blonde on Blonde

>dude but nobody did it before lmao

>m Phil Spector style may get boring to some and make the album sound more “of its time” but the songwriting is more intricate and it’s way more harmonically den

dunno what that means
if it was so standard and basic then why didn't anybody else do it before them? or was that just another case of the beatles magically popularizing something that hadn't been done before instead of being true innovators

dude basic studio manipulation lmao... is what most of smile is

Rock music would still be the same if this didn't exist. A la Forever Changes, O@O. Get fucked with your shitty contrarian baby-core pick.

There's no such thing as an impersonal song, every song that's ever been put onto black slab is a documentary of the recording and the writers i.d. Fuck off you uninformed Beach Boys just-discovered-music 14 year old

The best songs on revolver besides Tomorrow never knows was directly inspired by Pet sounds

Here, There And Everywhere and For No One are garbage songs though. Wilson never wrote a song as good as Eleanor Rigby, get over it please and stop acting like an ambassador for the Brian Wilson estate on an native indian lehenga making website

>Here, There And Everywhere and For No One are garbage songs though

Retard.

>I'm a Loser
>I Don't Want to Spoil the Party
>No Reply
>Getting Better
List literally goes on

Support you think She's Leaving Home is the best song from Pepper too

suppose

Magical Mystery Tour is trash wtf are you talking about

>Days Of Future Passed

Attached: as.jpg (248x203, 8K)

>Blue Jay Way
>Strawberry Fields Forever
>I'm The Walrus

But sure there are awful tracks like The Fool on the Hill

Blue Jay Way SUCCCCKSSSS. Fool on the Hill is fantastic same with Mother Should Know

>Good Day Sunshine is Weak
>anybody who dislikes Doctor Robert is gay
t. homosexual

Nah Ur correct. Smiley Smile is underrated af tho. Imo, those are the only two to listen to BC you get the 60s production along with the experimental ass stuff going on in smiley Smile that wasn't in smile, and you get to hear the most completed version of smile.

Didn't know Paul McCartney was a low IQ hipster, but it certainly makes sense given he wrote the most songs on revolver.

Didn't know Good Vibrations was on Pet Sounds. Beatles fans are such intellectuals these days, they know the tracklist almost as well as Mike love.

more like blue gay gay amirite

Eat well, sleep 8 hours, go on walks, drink less and quit drugs for a while
I thought my life was gone and that my spark was gone, but reading zen philosophy and performing the above brought me back. only you can turn yourself around, and that's the scary bit

Die.

from this i can tell you've not listened to pet sounds properly at all
I agree that it can feel a little disjointed (the stacatto section in god only knows only just works) but that's what happens when you have music which is brimming with ideas, it won't flow as well as songs on revolver which are essentially just verse-chorus-verse with maybe 3-4 chords
>real art doesnt need context to be appreciated
i bet you're one of those stupid cunts who thinks modern art is "emperors new clothes" and that because they haven't spent 20 years learning how to paint shadows their work is worthless. conceptual art which leans on context is far more sophisticated than pure aesthetical art and takes broad knowledge of a subject rather than your own stupid brain going "hurr me like"

Revolver: 6.5/10
Pet Sounds: 7/10
They're both quite good, I'd say Pet Sounds, but it is close

Pet Sounds is a bit monotonous after a while, and the way the songs all fade out the same way is offputting. Revolver is just so diverse and expansive.

Revolver is emotionally sterile with the exception of For No One and Here, There and Everywhere.

Good Day Sunshine is tremendous. Got To Get You Into My Life is the worst song on the album by a mile. Those horns are produced awfully.

Here There and Everywhere is too cute and cloying to illicit any emotion from me. McCartney's portrayal of working class misery and despair in Eleanor Rigby is his artistic peak.

>lousy
nice critique faggot
>b-but its about drugs so its clever!
yawn