Chris Fehn

m.youtube.com/watch?v=u3smCqaocRQ

Chris was fired from the band for bringing a lawsuit against other members.
I am guessing that his mask/jumpsuits and the #3 persona are the property of Slipknot, and whomever owns that.

What if Chris could use that #3/mask/jumpsuit, obviously enhanced in different ways, and launches a solo career.

I am imagining that possibly it could be influenced by the early years, 99-03, lots of samples/noise and heavy percussion sounds, and that Chris would create a mythology and visual art surrounding the #3 character.

I would be into it.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=S1fOGac2Xso

Attached: 1FF2A0E6-AF24-4CA0-B7DE-DB0152B19522.jpg (980x653, 131K)

According to him it was about the fact that Corey and Clown were making more money than anyone else and were making money off the Slipknot brand that nobody else was entitled to, which I wouldn't doubt desu.

Well it's kind of proven that Taylor and Clown are the biggest members
What has this dude done? Jerk his nose off on stage?

Jim said that he wasn't really involved in making music, he was mainly making their visual art

I think that he was completely shutout of recording anything on the new album. They knew what they were going to do with him a long time ago. It’s a business, and it’s Corey and Shawn’s business.

all of the band members agreed to evenly split the earnings from merch regardless of their role
some of them broke that agreement
pinocchio got rightfully upset and was kicked out

Hypothetically, what would this solo effort from #3 really be? Anyone have any ideas?

He was probably devastated, a band show be brothers, everyone should have a part, and get paid evenly. If someone is not doing their part, address the issue, don’t make backhand deals and then fire the guy.

he had nothing to do with the music, he just hits things. theres never going to be a solo effort.

Watch the second video that the original post had. He played drums on a new project. He’s a musician, they just wanted to control him.

I can’t wait till they are done with all the lawsuits in court. Chris will give a full detailed interview on the hole situation. Right now, he can’t say too much about the past or the future.

>samples/noise and heavy percussion sounds
What, they were industrial?

Attached: E16613A0-7492-494E-AF14-7F792ED11718.jpg (828x877, 369K)

No, they were nu-metal retard.

There is a lot of samples and other media elements added to the music. Craig Jones is the bands samplist.

Joey leaving the band killed any interest they once held with me. I heard one song from the new album that sounded like boring Hot Topic vampire melodeath, couldn't even finish it.

Attached: 1531494971165.png (364x306, 148K)

Joey was a great member of the band. Talented musician and always hyped up and promoted his band. In reality it all belongs to #6 & #1, if they want you out then your out.

#8 not #1

>he just hits things
So does Shawn.

Coming out soon on NuclearBlast records.

Attached: EC89B6DD-CF13-40F9-ABB6-26A503FC4622.jpg (1500x1500, 459K)

Who cares?
Fehn will never make a solo project, and even if he did, it would get drowned out by Slipknot's fanbase.
Slipknot will continue to make music and money.
The world keeps revolving.

the difference being he is the BOSS

Clown did all the music videos. Alot of the imagery/look they had was his idea too

I'm honestly glad Slipknot is still big, because there needs to be an American metal band not from the 1980's on that level. However I kind of wish it was any other band cause they've always seemed like douches.

Well, it might not hit critical success, but then again no one ever really knows what might happen. Chris made good money with Slipknot, and he participated in creating not only the music but the visual elements that make up Slipknot. It’s just kind of shady how some people set up businesses without everyone’s knowledge.

u mean to tell me a guy who calls himself "clown" came up with this masterpiece?

Attached: 91tPyc9ZPKL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1352, 498K)

listening to the MFKR demo for the first time.. wtf this is actually good

He could do the obvious (drums) or play bass, which he did outside the band. Maybe vocals even. Would be kinda interesting if he could do a collab with Joey or ex-members from MFKR-era. Could pull in some other guys and try an experimental sound.

Yeah, early stuff and the first two records are their best work yet. Everything past Iowa is just blah blah blah to make some money.

Masterpiece? The music of the cover art? The cover art is very basic, nothing really interesting there.

That's only because you automatically associate a raw or underground sound with being "good", MFKR is an unfocused amateurish mess....they couldn't write a song until Ross Robinson taught them how to.

Who cares? Shitty Metal band with the image of Mr. Bungle being cringed out to the max, music that is autistic Pantera and a Juggalo fanbase. Fuck this shit band.

I like that idea a lot. Joey kinda got snub by the band as well.

No it’s actually good, and the sound aesthetic is very appealing.

>Corey said the newest album sounded like Iowa

Attached: giphy.gif (400x206, 1.76M)

Yeah right. New album is just whatever. Definitely does not remind me of anything from Iowa. I agree that a band grows and so does their sound, but that does not necessarily have to be the case at all. Experimenting with music and going in different directions does not always equal a better ending sound.

wanyk is fantastic
iowa is their second worst

The new album is not too good compared to the first two albums. The first two were game changing within the music industry. The “raw” (as an above poster mentioned) sound, the visual appearance, the mystery surrounding the band, the influence on imagination. This “poppy” “clean” sound that they have now is odd. Also why dose the vocalist need to sing with a clear voice, and why do the lyrics have to be so corney?

>the mystery
>the visual appearance
>the sound
holy shit this reads like a fucking beatlespost I died laughing

People in my age range, I was 15 when the first album came out, appreciate the first two albums more than the third one and anything else after that.

All their imagery since vol 3 has been beyond dire and cringe. Their music videos are terribly amateur and dull.

Sack him.

>clean vocals bad
when you have a 5 octave range you're gonna wanna use it at some point

Well it’s true though, they had created something unique and cool for the time, and it felt genuine. It’s obvious now that it’s just a business and the decisions are made to make money.

Nah, just because you can doesn’t always mean you should.

>what is Mr. Bungle?
>What is ICP?
>What is Korn?
What was so unique about them though? They were good at marketing and all but they weren't fresh at least for people who interested in that style of music. I guess for the FM Radio people, maybe.

Those are unique and genuine bands that you mentioned and they had a sound and style or their own. I enjoy those bands in their music just as much as you do.

Why the fuck does my iPhone screw up so many of my words. It’s like I’m not talking clear enough for it, I’m not pronouncing the words correctly. Geez.

Slipknot were the closest thing to extreme metal, and the first taste of it, for many kids who were introduced to metal through Korn, Limp Bizkit, Deftones, SOAD, etc.

I don't think Slipknot was so original and was already into death metal before I discovered them, but as far as what most kids were into and the hype around them, Slipknot was the most "extreme" band most kids had ever heard music wise or seen image wise at that point

Yeah but what was so original about Slipknot man? I don't get it. Like it's slightly more aggressive than a Disturbed but we had just as crazy and wacky Nu-Metal bands at the time. SOAD's Debut in my opinion is quite similar but touches a bit of jazz and melody with a bit of satire and irony (which makes it more enjoyable for me).

I guess... For the normal kids it's true. I'm not American so I don't know but wasn't Pantera a mainstream band in the US at that time? That's what I heard, they were pretty heavy.

matches the music perfectly

More enjoyable for you? Well, that’s it everyone likes different things, a lot more people enjoyed Slipknot over System Of A Down.

the band was clown's idea to begin with, that's why he's still in the band despite not really doing anything

So...Chris Fehn solo album, pretty cool idea to me.

Attached: D7DC5FE9-8D98-4C6C-ACE7-FAD6F275B448.jpg (773x500, 131K)

He does more than what YOU see on stage. They all do a lot of “behind the scenes” work that accumulates to what YOU see.

I think Slipknot were heavier than most of Pantera, especially Iowa.
What about Slayer? I think that was also an amazing taste of more heavier metal to mainstream

Yeah, it will show those so called friends of his in his old band exactly how talented he is and how much work he can accomplish.

How ugly are these dudes?

Different styles and visual aesthetics all together, not to mention the difference in the years in which those groups were active.

That’s not what it’s about, it’s about creating a cool visual look, a lot of people enjoy it, and it allows your imagination to take it to different places. I never wanted to see these dudes faces or know anything about who they were as people, I enjoyed the names, the numbers the masks.

This Clown is basically their manager, agent, promoting, and player all in one. If anyone deserves more its him, but if they had an agreement to split even that is a little shady though.

Cripes. How ugly are you?

I am as ugly as a porcupine sunbathing in the crack of Yasmin Bleeths ass

Pantera were big in the mainstream but they appealed more to older people who were alive in the late 80s/early 90s, Slipknot was for the new teen demographic in the late 90s/00s, nobody older liked them at the time.

Slayer, same deal as Pantera, but unlike Pantera had no hit records in the 90s and were close to being washed up has beens until Slipknot renewed an interest in "evil" aesthetic

Soon Chris.