You may only choose one.

Attached: metal.jpg (708x354, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MrEHqbkcJvA
youtube.com/watch?v=_s5HLGChEOA
youtube.com/watch?v=S0d9Zhyok0g
youtube.com/watch?v=cDcBKVKQizg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: Tuska_20130628_-_King_Diamond_-_27_(Cropped).jpg (1824x2735, 504K)

Based and Kingpilled but not an option.

Attached: Geoff-Tate.jpg (1231x1600, 241K)

Hard choices.

Halford.

Dio it's dio but I prefer Halford.
Dickinson has begun to annoy me trying to reach higher when he didn't do it even in 1983.
(source: the chemical wedding is superior to any iron maiden post brave new world ever)

All 3 great singers.

halford in his prime

Attached: Sad Wings Of Destiny.jpg (953x953, 340K)

Halford then, just to be contrarian.
I like Bruce but he sounds pretty forced a lot of the time and Dio is the meme option.

You choosed the wrong pic

Attached: judas_priest_turbo.jpg (1000x989, 280K)

Ozzy

Ozzy is one of the worst singers I've ever heard.

So you are literally tone deaf? Give us your top 3 singer so we all can laugh at your retardness.

Ronnie James Dio
Rob Halford
Bruce Dickinson

None

Ozzy's good at what he does, but he was never like "impressive singer guy" like the three displayed, he was more praised for his unique voice, not his vocal abilities. He doesn't really have much range or anything.

Dio is the correct answer you fucking plebs

Feel free to ground your opinion.

I spent a week with Bob on a boating holiday around 83-84, he used to wake the crew and me up before dawn singing with the seagulls. Our bell, too, he would ring our ship's bell at the queerest hours. Excessively well-mannered otherwise and with a lovely voice.

Attached: 1059A4AD-1DDF-4B85-9308-4417F8601148.jpg (236x332, 23K)

>He doesn't really have much range or anything
Wtf are you on about? Have you only listened to Paranoid and Iron Man? Just because he's never used a mixed voice high scream doesn't mean he has no range.
youtube.com/watch?v=MrEHqbkcJvA
youtube.com/watch?v=_s5HLGChEOA
Ok, so you're basic pleb bitch? Got it.

>likes boomer cock rock shit
>calls others pleb
lol

>likes Ozzy
>calls other people basic bitches

I'm an Ozzy fan....but you can't seriously be trying to imply that he has the vocal talent of Halford, Dickinson, or Dio....can you?

If there is any argument to be made about Ozzy being better in terms of singing ability, just about the only argument you can make is that he had an extremely unique voice. If you think the only reason the others are praised is for high pitched screams, you aren't very familiar with their work. Ozzy is not untalented, but he's not in a league with the other ones mentioned at all.

Dio’s the only one there who could survive on a solo career alone and has more than 3-4 good albums to his name, easy choice for the winner. Dickinson did good solo albums but his voice is shit these days. Halford may technically be the best singer out of em all but I’ve always fucking hated Judas Priest.

>but I’ve always fucking hated Judas Priest
not an argument

>Dio’s the only one there who could survive on a solo career alone and has more than 3-4 good albums to his nam
Ehhhh, let us break this down to show how BS it is.

Ozzy has survived on a solo career for decades....including the 80's. Pretty sure Ozzy "solo" used to outsell everyone in question, don't quote me on that, but I'd be pretty sure. Also yes Dio had solo success in the 80's, Ozzy had much more in later decades even if the records sucked. Also, "solo" Dio was not so solo as much as it was a band that happened to be named after him, same as "Ozzy". And if Rob Halford or Dickinson went "solo" in the same fashion in the 80's not the fucking 90's when classic metal was the most uncool thing in the world, I'm sure they would have done just as well.

>doesn't understand the term ''cock rock''
>thinks his posts are contributory in any way possible
Yes, I like Ozzy. I like Tony Martin, Dio and Glenn Hughes in Sabbath more though
>but you can't seriously be trying to imply that he has the vocal talent of Halford, Dickinson, or Dio....can you?
Never said that. But to say that Ozzy is a bad singer and that he HAD no vocal range in Sabbath is wrong. He didn't sing in that high chest voice much after Sabbath though.
>f you think the only reason the others are praised is for high pitched screams
I don't think that. But that's what most people are characterizing with vocal range. That's why people like King Diamond even though he has zero vocal range but can scream in the most weak falsetto of all time.

youtube.com/watch?v=S0d9Zhyok0g
>King Diamond doesn't have vocal range
>Ozzy does
Fucking yikes.

Dio>Bruce>>Halford
It's just true

That's falsetto. Anyone can scream in falsetto. Great vocalists scream in a mixed chest/head voice.

King Diamond is in the same SHIT TIER as Jim Gillette
youtube.com/watch?v=cDcBKVKQizg

Range doesn't mean screaming, you fucking retard. It means being able to sing (sing!) in the low, middle and high register which King Diamond does.

No, he can't. He sings in his high register in falsetto, which as I already stated, anyone can do.

Not anyone can do what King Diamond does, it's simply not true. Most people would choke and have a torn throat halfway through a song.

That's true. He has some kind of talent for falsetto singing. That doesn't make it less weak and it does ake him a technically worse singer than most ones in hard rock/metal.

Liking how he sings or even prefering, is purely subjective though, but technically he's in the same tier as Jim Gillette.

It's clear to me you've never listened to the King Diamond discography and are incredibly biased and consider your preferences above everyone elses. All of those things make you a shit poster, not a music fan.

Let it go. No point arguing with a retard.
Peace.

Attached: bruce & dio cute.jpg (347x327, 49K)

You are correct in that I've never listened to his discography. I've listened to Don't Break the Oath and Abigail and that was enough to hear that his singing in the higher register is weak, technically worse than any other big rock singer and only appeal to a certain niche of people.

Ok poseur. You've been pleb filtered by the first stage pleb filter of metal.

Edit: Even fucking Justin Hawkins have stronger falsetto than King Diamond, and has a better mixed voice.

Halford
however, Ripper > Halford > King* > Messiah > Martin > Dio* > Dickinson = Di'Anno* > Ozzy
*unique voice that I would place higher on a more subjective rating

Listen to Them/Conspiracy. King at his peak.

I'd switch Messiah and Dio with the star and everything. Dio is fairly versatile while Messiah is amazing but mostly sings mid-range.

Halford. But the real answer is

I would sacrifice the other two just to bring Dio back to life in good health.
I miss him so much it hurts Yea Forums.
Thing about Dio is that he could sing all kinds of music. Hes just that good.
Like you could put him in any combination and he would outshine everyone there.

Don't know who any of those are but right looks the cutest

Ozzy wasn’t an option fuckbrick

How is it not an argument? Certainly the context of their voices is allowed to inform my preference?

Dio is good but Dio cultists are fucking scary.

>I miss him so much it hurts Yea Forums
Why? He barely did anything of notice from 1994 to his death.

You are free to not like them but Judas are good and Halford utilizes his vocals very well.

>Ignoring Angry Machines onwards
I'll give you the Heaven and Hell album that came out near his death wasn't very good but give the guy a break he was riddled with stomach cancer.
He probably had that for years before his diagnosis. Like 2006 onwards is when Dio's abilities decline sharply.

I've heard Magica. The only thing I remember is the last track when Dio explained the story for god knows how long. If he didn't put out anything good after the mid 90s why do you think he would've done so if he was still alive?