See someone with a similar taste on social media

>See someone with a similar taste on social media
>Instantly dislike them
Why does this happen

Attached: 2_large.png (480x480, 212K)

your sense of self is defined entirely by your taste is art/mass media

Is this what "Taste" by Animal Collective is about?

you hate yourself. doesnt take a psychologist to figure this one out.

This happens to me too. It's a combination of an aspect of my shallow personality being co-opted by someone else and the (usually correct) suspicion that they are much less invested in that particular artist, albums, game, artist than I am.

>seeing someone with similar taste on social media
This has legit never happened to me

>Mfw I hate on softboy pussies with meme degrees while being a softboy with a meme degree

Attached: 1566257169811.jpg (645x729, 149K)

iktfb

>match with a girl with same taste as me
>she hates me and flakes on me all the time and only texts me if she needs drug plugs
>match with girl who listens to post malone and 21 pilots
>she loves me and wants to hangout with me everyday
idk bro

Attached: 70FA81AD-A37A-4A9D-A31C-ECEC1AD09955.jpg (640x632, 29K)

Here is my take on this, like said your concept of yourself is defined by your taste in music, movies, etc. When you see someone with the same taste, you perceive them as some sort of twin. Humans for shady and very creepy reasons hate twins, they think it's some evil shit. Tribes all around the world, which have never met, often have the habit of sacrificing one of the twins when any are born. They also hate mirrors or reflections for the same reason. The West sort of lucked out by having Christianity as the founding myth, since Christianity is very emphatic about how it is wrong to sacrifice humans. In short, your primal instinct of hating twins is being triggered by your poor and cheap concept of self that allows you to see yourself reflected on others.

w2c

what's ur degree, user?

Anthropology

it's almost like music taste isn't what makes a man or woman and basing your entire identity around it is actually the mark of a terrible person

>The West sort of lucked out by having Christianity as the founding myth, since Christianity is very emphatic about how it is wrong to sacrifice humans.
Abhorrence to human sacrifice predates Christianity in the west. Republican Rome thought the Carthaginians and Gauls were barbaric for sacrificing humans and outlawed the practice illegal.

Because you were trying to respectfully keep a distant from the rest of humanity that had made its disgust towards your existence plain by going into a corner and listening to music that you thought was gracious enough to exist in a void. When you see the sort of people who wished you were dead (ie. everyone) availing themselves of the things you only liked out of politeness and not themselves coming to resemble the void of non existence you were striving towards then you experience a mix of resentment for them snatching away the one spot you’d made so that they could enjoy their lives without having to run into you or know you exist and finally the gracious realisation that, of course, nothing belongs to you. Even you breathing air is an infraction. As long as you’re alive you will be stepping on the toes of and inconveniencing others

You dislike your past selves and have narratavized your taste in music accordingly. Shows level 3-1 self-reflection inside taste matrix. Potenial potassium deficiency.

>trawl through the posting history of someone on reddit who would post on your fav band's subreddit regularly
>See him begging for loans on different subreddits
>confesses about his struggles with opioid addiction
>his family disowned him few years back
>most recent posts are asking about which restaurants in his area have dumpsters out back with leftovers

Sobering as fuck.

>using reddit
just kill yourself

Hmm it’s almost like respect is more important than musical taste.

Holy fuck dude

For me, it's that they always seem to be better cooler more all rounded person, and it's like...FML...UGH