Are we living in the new 80s?
>thrash is popular and fun again
>we recently saw a new wave / goth rock revival
>republican president like Reagan
>economy is great
>people are generally pretty prosperous
>opioid crisis is dying down
>cocaine is making a comeback
Are we in for another lavish decade of partying, dance music, metal being mainstream again, and all around good times?

Attached: 81bk43ymOCL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 263K)

not remotely

name one metal song in the charts

Slipknot's new album

i wish it were the 80s again

unironically yes

Attached: AOTY.jpg (600x600, 566K)

>republican president
>good economy
People complained about Reagan, but people in the 80s partied harder than literally any other decade. People could afford tons of cocaine. My dad could afford to buy a house in the 80s. It was a prosperous time.

Republican presidents create prosperity and good times. Good times create weak men because they never have to work. Weak men elect democrats. Democrats create a shit economy and hard times. Hard times create strong men. Strong men vote republican. It's all cyclical.

now name one good metal song in the charts

This post has a very autistic vibe. Clearly made by a shut in with autism who can't really perceive the world beyond his specific interests so he lets cognitive bias make him think there are trends happening that aren't.

>oh no no noooo
>you can't listen to metal
>you have to listen to Ariana Grande and Billie Eilish
>you have to listen to music by black people
>you can't vote for drumpf
>it was HER turn
>wrong side of history!!1!

>we recently saw a new wave / goth rock revival
explain?

I'm sorry, but the tides are turning against you. 2008-2016 is over, user. Obama will never be president again. Brexit is happening. You lost.

Just because I don't think we're living through an 80s revival dank synthwave compilation doesn't mean I'm a libtard you sperg. You're seeing thriving niches and think that the whole world notices.

Niche genres are all that matter. Thrash was a niche genre back then too. Stop following top 40 billboard culture and join a music scene, you fucking normie.

No zoomer.

>join a music scene.
I hope nobody does this over the age of 20, it's something you do at 16 and get over by 25 when you realize scenes are full of ladder climbing phonies and instead love the music you like and not give a fuck about anyone else at a show.

>thrash is popular
lol no
>and fun again
lol no x1000

kill yourself jew

No, demented fag

Dubya was a republican you retard and we had $4 gas, economy was a mess

Dubya wasn't the same kind of republican as Reagan or Trump. Dubya was neocon globalist scum, same as Obama and Hillary Clinton.

no
?

lol ok boomer
I'm sure it'll trickle down any day now

>boomer
I'm 20, retard.

>likes reagan
You're a larping boomer or a retard who needs to read a book

Reagan sped up the neoliberalization of the US economy you fucking dumbass. He had an insanely interventionist foreign policy. He was a globalist.

there was a exodus poster on the new hbo series "the righteous gemstones"

I see no 80's babes around so sadly no.

80's nostalgia has been lingering ever since the 00s when it was real, after the 70's nostalgia of the 90s.

Culturally, we have never left the 00's, just slowly become a degenerated form of that decade

hahahahaha every president after carter has been a globalist neoliberal, that includes your beloved ronny reagan

Attached: 6EF35BBF-AAB8-4794-8343-BEDA05D87FA7.jpg (640x622, 35K)

>an insight into the American mind

its because of people like you and your black/white hero/villain mentality that there's never anything resembling change in western politics

Attached: 1476995291251.jpg (500x500, 28K)