Band has a most popular album/song that's objectively just fucking good

>band has a most popular album/song that's objectively just fucking good
>it's not my favorite though, that'll show them I'm deep into the matter and not a pleb

Attached: 1565431397690.png (662x736, 94K)

>objectively just fucking good
retard

ummmm wtf!?? do you mind covering up a bit??

literally fans of Loveless in a nutshell lmao

This is true though. Imagine being a fan of a band that has nothing better to offer than its most accessible garbage.

You are a pleb though, why are people so ashamed to be one? Just embrace it you low IQs.

Band's most popular work is usually the one that appeals to most people, it's not a matter of quality at all. It's possible that their other stuff is much more interesting, original or just better. But it's not as popular, because it doesn't appeal to lots of people. So form your own opinions you goddamn braindead moron.

you mean like
>once in a lifetime isn't the best song on remain in light
>daydream nation isn't the best sonic youth album
the list goes on

t. seething contrarians

read the rules if youre new to the site.

>>once in a lifetime isn't the best song on remain in light
I wonder if others too, might have made a similar mistake

so by your fucking logic creep is the best radiohead song?

ah-bloo-bloo

There are different levels of this and everyone involved is wrong who doesn't simply accept that there are different demographics of fans....let's use an easy band as an example.

Black Album is Metallica's most popular album by a landslide....on one hand, I don't know too many hardcore Metallica fans who consider it their best despite this, often I find the people who think that are either more casual fans or just not big fans of heavy metal music and find it an easy access point for them to enjoy something heavier than what they normally like.

The next level down is people who say Master Of Puppets or Ride The Lightning is their best, and these probably makes up the most popular opinions among more dedicated fans.

The next level down is people who say it's Kill 'Em All or Justice, a slightly less popular opinion but still a popular one.

The next level is the freaks who choose any other option and who most people would be quick to call blatant contrarians or liars...but are they? No.

Fact of the matter is, all of these albums appeal to people for different reasons, and nobody is wrong in which THEY personally feel is their favorite...not the casual who likes Black Album best or the weirdo who prefers country buttrockallica. It is all opinion.

Most popular =/= best, and least popular =/= best. That's now how personal opinion works.

Attached: metallica-harvesters-sorrow_1_583bb3de93d957b7cd36a7b172a90c23.jpg (1440x1080, 357K)

Also favorite=/=best
Leaving aside the "it's different so I hate it" you can generally tell what is better and what is worse but within general limits of tolerance different styles appeal to different people.

What's her name Yea Forums?

Attached: Larks.jpg (700x697, 78K)

Based thread. This is a well-known problem among music elitists. Okay, there's nothing wrong about having a different favorite material from the band (that isn't the popular objectively good stuff) if you genuinely like it, but rhe problem is that some people force themselves to like something else by the band so that they look like "a real fan" and not somebody who only barely knows that band.

>top tier musicianship and quality all the way through their career
>manage to be loved by normies and contrarians alike
I miss bands like this.

Metallica is fucking terrible though.

Attached: ccr.jpg (980x653, 117K)

>>manage to be loved by normies and contrarians alike
is Radiohead the last band to accomplish this?

>Radiohead
no. They're actually overrated as fuck.

Yeah I feel like I fall into this trap sometimes. Especially with bands like pink floyd that are so popular I feel cool saying that piper or ummagumma is my favorite when desu it probably isn't

the best kc album other than lizarad

Looking at it objectively, Meddle or DSOTM is probably their least flawed album. I prefer Saucerful though

Death Magnetic is their best.
Everything else good came from Mustaine.

to be loved by normies, you kinda have to be tho. who would you say was the last band to have widespread appeal among both normies and contrarian "music nerds"?

Muse probably.