The Olivia Tremor Control

Any fans of the Olivia Tremor Control? Any other albums like Black foliage? This shit is a fucking masterpiece.

Attached: 220px-Olivia_Tremor_Control_-_Black_Foliage.jpg (220x220, 22K)

Hell yeah, great album
The rest of the elephant 6 collective have some great stuff too. Very little of it is as dense as this album but Circulatory System's self-titled comes close. I really like the band Beulah too. I'd also recommend the other Olivia Tremor Control album, Dusk At Cubist Castle.

Hell yeah, Circulatory system and dusk at Cubist castle are also some of my all time faves. I also really love the sunshine Fix, their albums green imagination, age if the sun, and a future history of a Sunshine Fix. I think the Flaming lips soft bulletin comes close in sound at points, as well as at war with the mystics and yoshimi battles the pink robots.

I'm really looking for more music in this vein, while Black foliage is fucking incredible, it only scratches so much of the itch I have for this kind of music. I *NEED* more.

I prefer Major Organ and the Adding Machine.

Bumping past all those stupid Bob Dylan threads.

Are the later circulatory system albums any good?

of the top of my head maybe you'd also enjoy
>Todd Rundgen - A Wizard, a True Star
>The Turtles - The Turtles Presents the Battle of the Bands
>of Montreal - Coquelicot, Asleep in the Poppies
>Red Crayola - The Parable of Arable Land

Major Organ is great as well!

Yeah I love signal morning and Side 3, also take a listen to Inside blasts if you like their self-titled album! Side 3 is a remixed version of signal morning as is Inside Blasts with Circulatory System.

Mosaics withing mosaics is also really good!

oh and also from the same outfit
>Pipes You See, Pipes You Don't - Individualized Shirts
>The Frosted Ambassador - s/t

Circulatory System's entire discography is enjoyable also if you like Black Foliage

Thanks for the suggestions! That Of Montreal album is pretty lit, thank you!

Frosted Ambassador is also amazing, wish they made more stuff. It was an OTC side project though, so I guess I'm happy either way, lol.

Pipes you see pipes you don't is also pretty great. I preferred Lost in the Pancakes over individualized shirts though, however both are quite good.

Inside Views* not inside blasts, that's a song

Mosaics withing Mosaics is pretty alright. I don't think you'll make it through all 31 tracks.

You can kinda go two ways about this: listening to the band's influences or listening to contemporaries.
SMiLE, The White Album, Song Cycle, Pipers at the Gates of Dawn, The United States of America, Gesang Der Jungline, Lumpy Gravy, etc. are all very good records anyone with an interest in the last half century of music should hear and you can hear their fingerprints all over OTC's music.
The other major E6 projects are well worth checking out. It's a rabbit hole well worth falling down, I did when I first started listening to music seriously and I had a great time. Besides the stuff mentioned already itt, if you want more of the DIY indie rock Beach Boys worship, The Minders Hooray for Tuesday and The Apples in Stero's Fun Trick Noisemaker and Her Wallpaper Reverie are great.
Oh also pic related is a weird ass record that comes like 85% of the way to capturing OTC's sound that nobody ever mentioned in E6 threads. I think I found this on a CLT chart which makes sense, he was a big OTC nut before becoming dedicating his life to sucking cock and grooming daddy Brahms' beard.

Attached: antbee.jpg (1000x1000, 72K)

Mercury Rev - Boces
The Flaming Lips - Embryonic
Stereolab - Dots and Loops
The Mothers of Invention - We're Only in it for the Money
The United States of America - s/t
White Noise - An Electric Storm
Fifty Foot Hose - Cauldron
Surprised no one mentioned any of these already

Post directly above you already said USA, but good list otherwise.

For me, it's Black Foliage (Animation 4)

Wow, Pure Electric Honey is fantastic! Thank you

The Same Place when?

Goddamnit Schneider hurry up, it's been like 10 years since it's been 'done'

yfw bill doss pooped his butt

That's a great response. Thanks.

This thread is relevant to my interests. Have another bump.
You're welcome! Hope you enjoy all that stuff as much as I did!

Attached: JLA.jpg (400x398, 56K)

Whoops wrong image, meant to post pic related.
The Birdsong inspired modern classical is definitely recommended for people into "that sort of thing" though.

Attached: E6.jpg (1485x950, 1.25M)

The fact that this is missing A Hawk And A Hacksaw and The Gerbils is a crime

I am familiar with all artist you mencioned (except The Minders) and it's was nice how you put them together in relation with The Olivia Tremor Control.

That's a lot of stuff didn't heard yet. Thanks once again, this time for the chart.

Are you Sleepy is on there!
A Hawk and a Hacksaw should have been put on there, they're by far one of the best E6 bands. For OP's purposes they'd probs prefer the emphasis on indie rock and psych rock rather than Balkan folk.