I fucking love music

>I fucking love music
>but I refuse to listen to the hundreds of years' worth of music composed before about 1950

Attached: 1520707268363.jpg (640x632, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

boomer

>boomer

Attached: 1562265177427.jpg (400x400, 30K)

The sad thing is that 99% of Yea Forums falls under this category.

we don't use outdated technology from 200 years ago, i don't see why i would bother with dated trash

reccomend me some good pre-1950s music then

hard mode: no beethoven or mozart

Because art is not technology you soulless consumer. Are you American by any chance?
>Dvorak's 9th Symphony 2nd movement
>Handel's Harpsichord Suite in D Minor
>Liszt's Un Sospiro
>Liszt's Liebestraum
>Smetana's Moldau
>Chopin's Ballade No 1 in G Minor
>Prokofiev's Dance of the Knights
>Schubert's Piano Trio No 2 in E Flat Major 2nd movement
>Ponchielli's Dance of the Hours
>Paganini's Violin Concerto No 2 in B Minor 3rd movement
>Goldberg Variations
>Bach's Cello Suite No 1 Prelude
>Bach's Jesus bleibet meine Freude
are all very easy for a newbie to appreciate, and that's with me trying my best to avoid Mozart and Beethoven like you said as well as the meme ones that everyone already knows like Clair de Lune and Morning Mood and Ride of the Valkyries (not that those aren't also great) because you can find them easily on any '100 Classical Pieces You Didn't Know The Name Of' on YouTube

You mean 40 years?

You can limit yourself to 20 years of music releases for your entire life and still it would be wayyy too much music for you to listen before dying.

Not all music is worth listening to

Yeah right faggot you can keep your fucking Paninis and Mozarellas and I'll just keep on blasting my based 6ix9ines and Playboi Cartis.

yeah, like pre-1950 music for example

boomer

Got a good chuckle out of me thanks for this

>I fucking love music
>but I refuse to listen to the hundreds of years' worth of music composed after about 1950

Only contemporary music is good. You're welcome to think otherwise, but you're wrong.

Zelenka's Miserere
Monteverdi's Magnificat
Literally any of Bach's 1000+ pieces lmao
Any of Wagner's 10 late operas
The list goes on

You didn't think this one through did you

>1915: the beginning of music
it only started a few decades earlier user

i'm listenin to some sweet blues from the 20's, good enough op?

Those people love popular music, not erudite or classical music, and as we know, the vast majority of popular music composed before the 20th century did not survive because it was considered inferior to art music (and also because it was played by and to poor people who didn't have the means or intention to preserve it).

Attached: 1565596179626-fit.png (296x475, 161K)

99.9% of Yea Forums only listens to music superficially and doesn't have the attention span to actually listen to Mozart properly and probably just thinks he's boring and generically happy

Then again why would you if you aren't into classical music or traditional folk stuff.

Recommend me something that isn't classical shit

>

Attached: 1564487756217.png (461x394, 64K)

Why wouldn't you be into classical

Attached: 1548748001848.png (367x463, 261K)

boomer

>the vast majority of popular music composed before the 20th century did not survive
yeah that's a bummer, i was trying to search french folk songs from before the 19th century but couldn't find much. it seems there's more folk "influenced" musicians who have recorded than actual rural songs from an oral tradition

>all class*cal bullshit
>no Robert Johnson
>no Son House
>no Sidney Bechet
>no Glenn Miller
>no Django Reinhardt
>no Count Basie
>no Buddy Rich
>no Charlie Christian
>no T-Bone Walker
Just kys guy, Jesus.

Attached: 1558546990777.gif (350x261, 966K)

just qualify that statement with "pop music" and that's fine. Who cares? You'll never understand any of the other things because you're too far removed from the context anyway.

why... would i?

boomer

I know good pre-1950s music but I don't share it with Yea Forums because fuck all y'all fags.

Attached: Picture 308.jpg (1600x1200, 307K)

>j*zz "music"

Attached: ado_1474888889.jpg (542x441, 51K)

Because it's garbage.
If you're going to be pretentious, listen to jazz and blues.

Attached: 1560530427711.jpg (400x533, 29K)

is that the Computerspiele Museum in berlin?

>jazz and blues
>not garbage

>hundreds of years worth
Hmm.

Is this lazy bait or is Yea Forums actually this terrible?

i don’t normally like instrumental music very much, so i don’t like classical
i do love a lot of blues music that’s pre-1950’s though

How can you just "not be into" ⅔ of all music ever created? Especially if you're posting on a board for music enthusiasts?

based

>yeah i know you couldn't even listen to all the music you actually wanted to listen to in a lifetime...
>but you HAVE to listen to THIS music because i am an insufferable faggot!
unplug life support gramps

because my preferred timbres, harmonies and melodies lie well outside the realm of classical

cause there isnt enough time in life to hear everything worth hearing anyway

Who are you quoting?

No recs?

not everyone likes certain genres, classicalfag
im sure there are probably genres you don’t particularly care for either

Search more, that stuff definitely exists.

That is literally impossible because there's nothing western art music (aka "classical") hasn't done in regards to those things
I literally posted

There's a shit ton of vocal classical.
Hell some of Mozart's greatest works are considered to be his operas. Same for Bach's cantatas and masses. And actually all of recs which I now realize were mostly vocal music

>half a millennium worth of music in a far broader variety of styles than jazz, blues or pop music
>100% of it is garbage
Literally retarded, I don't think you even believe this yourself

your whore of a mother

>his car doesn't have wheels

And? I don't follow your logic
>im sure there are probably genres you don’t particularly care for either
Excluding incredibly niche sub-sub-genres, of course not because I'm not incredibly closed- minded. Even the subgenres I don't care for I assume there is good music within them that I just haven't heard yet because I'm not a solipsist.

No reading comprehension.

Most classical was vocal prior to the Baroque era

yeah but opera singing also sounds like fucking Trash
same level of autism as the death metal growls

tell me last time "classical" used distortion pedals and sequenced bass lines, then

Boomer

Sheeple.

>harmonies and melodies lie well outside the realm of classical
Top fucking kek, I refuse to believe someone this musically iliterate could be posting here

Music written to be performed live and studio recorded music as we know it are like theater and cinema respectively. Comparing the two is pointless.

boomer

actually an interesting take user. hadn't thought of it that way before

i only listen to music for lyrics

Attached: 1559276562579.jpg (574x380, 43K)

>And? I don't follow your logic
if i dont have enough time to hear the worthwhile music i want to hear, then why would i subject myself to another additional genre?

why'd you cut the quote like that? he said "his preferred"

Henry Purcell's King Arthur
Bach's Mass in B minor
Bach's St. Matthew Passion
Chopin's Nocturnes
Edvard Grieg's Peer Gynt
George Gershwin's Porgy and Bess
Wagners's Der Ring des Nibelungen
Handel's Water music

Plenty of interesting shit out there if you look for it.

this but semi-unironically

I cut it because I can't argue with the timbre part, but what harmonies and melodies are 'beyond the realm of classical'? 99% ideas of pop music had already been explored in Western art music centuries ago.

i mean fuck, user might have worded it in a retarded way but we all know he basically just meant "i dont like how classical sounds"

This thread proves that just about everyone posting on Yea Forums is underage.

Give it up OP, eternal zoomers will go about
>muh timbres
>muh vibe
because they are musically illiterate. It's like arguing about values of Homer with YA faggots.

I don't listen to anything before 2015

i only listen to stan rogers sea shanties
m'gentlefolk
tell me what my dick looks like

yet i bet you retards know dog fucking ass about anything experimental

I like sports too but I don't watch games from 1953 either

Lol

Attached: 1526561340357.png (499x338, 38K)

Who the fuck doesn't think theatre is artistically superior to cinema

Nigga blues is shit, if you're gonna be a complete retard and say classical is shit then atleast post jazz musicians

Most contemporary classical is a billion times more avant-garde than anything Yea Forums considers to be "experimental"

blues is great, fuck off

>literally every song has the same chord progression
>great genre
Pick one

I don't like it, I prefer jazz.

and everyone knows the number of chord progressions a genre has is directly proportional to its quality

I mean yeah sort of
Like if you don't even change it every other song then you're fucking shit yes

dont like classical music: plebeian and gay.

Not that user, but there are a bunch of e. guitar covers of classical pieces out there. That's not saying anything about the overall quality, though. Probably some experimental "classical", too, if you hunt around.

Yet it sounds like reverse snobbery to dimiss classical with little exploration, like some people around here have done. It's actually quite vast and varied. I know for a fact that rock/metal musicians have listened to and been influenced by some of it. Same probably goes for certain popular electronic acts.

lots of people, damn user, theres a lot of artistically valuable cinema out there, most movies arent hollywood tier entertainment

yeah well im not "/mu" and contemporary classical most certainly isnt experimental to me

*dismiss

>most movies arent hollywood tier entertainment
I know but you can't look at me in the eye and say you honestly believe cinema has reached anywhere near the artistic peak that theatre has come the fuck on now

holy fuck, did you attend your "music theory" classes in "shitville"?

Attached: 1549404925039.jpg (1080x858, 81K)

Well classical has inspired tons of musicians throughout every genre of music, and it's extremely beneficial to your own songwriting to analyse a lot of classical, most people that post on Yea Forums are not musicians so they have these retarded takes

>contemporary classical most certainly isnt experimental to me
Please stop posting anytime Deaf user

since the two are incomparable, yeah youre right, i cant, especially since i dont know the entirety of either cinema or theater
but i bet the same applies to you so this is kind of pointless

user, contemporary classical music is experimental to you.

>since the two are incomparable
Complete nonsense

damb, youre dumb as a fucking rock.

>and contemporary classical most certainly isnt experimental to me
Lmao I'm on Yea Forums alright

>He thinks everything pre 1950s is classical

Attached: Willie700.jpg (700x620, 195K)

I didn't know delusional nigger boomers posted on Yea Forums

nah nigga youre on crack

These days I don't even know if this is bait anymore

Attached: 1505297158416.gif (330x166, 2.11M)

>omg söy posting

Attached: 541DE10C-2122-489D-B41E-60B2705D75C9.jpg (940x627, 74K)

>if you critisize my shit taste you're a boomer/conservative/incel/nazi/poltard

classical isn't a genre

omg he posted pic of slightly below average looking male in early 30s with glasses with his mouth open thats my faborite meme

BOLERO

Tfw this mans music will be the first human music ever listened to by aliens

Attached: 806D047B-110B-4359-A35F-EFB717D69E65.jpg (127x124, 8K)

BASED
my favorite blues artists are robert johnson, blind willie johnson, and lead belly

it didn't survive because it wasn't notated and there was no such thing as recording until the 1920s you utter fucking mongoloid.

>That is literally impossible because there's nothing western art music (aka "classical") hasn't done in regards to those things
Lmao. The western canon is unbelievably boring and limited in range and technique. "No instruments invented before or after this one century period. No syncopation. No dissonance. No dynamics. You can only vary the melody." Notation and composition owe a lot to the western canon and nobody who wants to pursue music seriously should skip studying it since it's the fundamental base upon which everything since has been built but to say that the classical western canon literally covers every possible combination of timbre, harmony and melody is probably the single most pig-ignorant good for fucking nothing dogshit opinion I've ever read on this joke of a board.

Having a specific preference is bad?

>listening to bad music
Why would I do this?

>Not that user, but there are a bunch of e. guitar covers of classical pieces out there
I do listen to those though, they're my favourite subgenre of prog

Rush's 2112 Overture is heavily inspired by the 1812 Overture, and Curved Air's Vivaldi is a pretty good rendition of Four Seasons

>classical music
>jazz
Shit sucks, I'd rather listen to Bladee

boomer

Imagine having so little understanding of aesthetic beauty. Television is far more comparable since it's just filmed drama but cinema has been in a different universe since Griffith.

You're right, it's akin to classical versus progressive rock. Theater is purely a subset of cinema, like classical is purely a subset of progressive rock. A movie can simply be a recording of a stage act, but unlike a stage act, the much more versatile format of a movie allows rapid scene sequencing, special effects, post-editing, and aesthetic choices beyond what a human actor is capable of alone (such as animated or cell shaded film)

Shostakovich
Franz Mahler
Rachmaninov
Schubert

>slightly below average

my man you must be ugly as fuck

gaybois

Attached: santa-745757.jpg (590x350, 29K)

You have no idea what you're talking about. Theater's ability to incorporate interactivity sets it entirely apart from cinema. Besides, watching a human in front of you do something is an entirely different phenomenon than watching a video of someone do something.

>theater is, at best, a gimped version of movies with laserdisk choose your own adventure functionality
ok kid

>choosing to misunderstand

>thinking the absence of a pane of glass makes up for the loss of countless years of cinematic tricks and art, the ability to snap scene change, age and reverse age, and opera-tier soundtracks on demand
>and no smelly unpleasant other humans to sit next to

(OP)

DUHHH CIRNGE!!!! DUHHH BRINGE!!???!!1 CRINGE!!!!! IS THAT ALL YOU SHITPOSTING FUCKS CAN SAY!!??? DURR BASED BASED BASED CRINGE CRINGE BASED BASED CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE BASED CRINGE I FEEL LIKE IM IN A FUCKING ASYLUM FULL OF DEMENTIA RIDDEN OLD PEOPLE THAT CAN DO NOTHING BUT REPEAT THE SAME FUCKING WORDS ON LOOP LIKE A FUCKING BROKEN RECORD CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE BASED BASED CRINGE ONIONS ONIONS ONIONS SNOYY ONIONS LOL ONIONS!!! CRINGE!!!1 BOOMER!! LE ZOOMER!!!! I AM BOOMER!!!! NO ZOOM ZOOM ZOOMIES ZOOMER GOING ZOOMIES AHGHGH I FUCKING HATE THE INTERNET SO GODDAMN MUCH FUCKJK YOU SHITPOST I HONEST TO GOD HOPE YOUR MOTHER CHOKES ON HER OWN FECES IN HELL YOU COCKSUCKER BUT OHHH I KNOW MY POST IS CRINGE ISNT IT?? CRINGE CRINGE CRINGR CRINGEY BASED CRINGE BASED REDDIT REDDIT CRINGE ZOOM CRINGE ONIONS REDDIT BASED BASED!!!!!!
vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN

Attached: 60B2B8F4-15D5-4A69-A3CC-46016336BC46.jpg (300x300, 15K)

I never said theater was superior, dummy. What are your favorite films?

Lots of folk music does survive. There are thousands of folk music traditions in the world that have a large repertoire of standards.

Have you ever seen a play?