/prod/ - music production general

New to production? Check it: pastebin.com/p2QUqMzj

Post what you're looking for in feedback. GIVE feedback to get feedback.

Post WIP's on Clyp.it

DON'T link to Soundclouds or youtube channels

LAST THREAD

Attached: 1523508712750.png (646x350, 330K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/user-745302917/runescape01
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2703&v=TEjOdqZFvhY
clyp.it/siwpz35w
clyp.it/utynclls
youtube.com/watch?v=7Q0WxkmaOjA
clyp.it/njnvmuiz
clyp.it/0hnjbas5
clyp.it/bxz1fd5z
clyp.it/xkkccwux
clyp.it/gyuubojd
clyp.it/st3mzpcq
clyp.it/nxn2tesl
clyp.it/25ee2co1I
soundcloud.com/pikakke/spooky-indigo
clyp.it/25ee2co1
native-instruments.com/en/products/maschine/production-systems/maschine-flame-orange/
youtube.com/watch?v=cvyywDE67tY
clyp.it/zucxjzgt
clyp.it/5libfyl3
audioz.download/software/win/139780-download_aon-sylenth1-v221x-installer-x86-x64-2018-02-18.html
clyp.it/eyq4jnqt
vocaroo.com/i/s1nLkvyC2aFW
clyp.it/jdaw11xi
clyp.it/ajmyhm4o
youtube.com/watch?v=pAaXzHJhA18
clyp.it/01tjltww
clyp.it/odwvzjmo
clyp.it/und0ddza
youtube.com/watch?v=4KNuo72QuYk
youtube.com/watch?v=VVgZ3H5gYys
youtube.com/watch?v=ejrWwS5-BQM
youtube.com/watch?v=inZPTIYaf6w
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I make pop music instrumentals in FL Studio

can you actually make decent money making music or should i stick to options?

Do it for the artistry. If it is lucrative, then it is lucrative.

You can but it's unlikely.
It's impossible for us to tell you how likely YOU are to make money (since everyone has a different situation) without knowing anything about you.

It worked out ok for Trent

Entry level positions in other technical fields start about 45k per year. Considering the entry level positions available in the music industry start at $0, you might want to look at other options.

no

How do I make this less boring? what would you add to give it more depth?

soundcloud.com/user-745302917/runescape01

Attached: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u3.jpg (1000x1000, 51K)

also, what kind of vocals do you guys think would work with it?

hi guys, this is nothing related i guess but i didn't want to start a thread just for this question.

i've had them jbl everest 700 for a year and they are pretty fucked already, the battery is dead too.

and i've been checking 2 options, the ath m50x
and the ath anc700bt. i'd use them mainly for music and watching movies. which one would you recommend me.

Attached: jbl everest 700.jpg (284x284, 18K)

please repost on clyp and try again

dt770

Lower the BPM just a little and put a synthwave kick snare pattern on the back

Thanks to the user that posted this video youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2703&v=TEjOdqZFvhY in the last thread
The whole thing has aged so well

>need to sign up
I mean I could but whats wrong with soundcloud?

>watchings videos
>not reading actual books and being able to look something up on the fly

Attached: tutorials.jpg (812x348, 152K)

Then your options are:
>buy it anyway and don't care about theft
>buy a cheap one because it's better than nothing
>start learning another cheap or small instrument
>don't get any instrument and just make music with your mouse and QWERTY keyboard
>don't get anything at all and give up on music

Thank you user, I guess I just need external validations to give up on this lol, wageslaving sucks

Would appreciate some advice

How do I make this less boring?

What would you add to give it more depth?

What kind of vocals do you guys think would work with it?

why do we use clypit instead of soundcloud here?

clyp.it/siwpz35w

Attached: 7d3d0163d9c2e7d6f95cd4a4e7e9227b86684cda2b990d056357cba3cd1bfb06.jpg (687x684, 43K)

>no dance music manual
never gonna make it

I'm too poor to buy anything and I've been making music with just a shitty laptop and shitty earbuds for years.
It's not the best, but it's still WAAAY better than not doing anything.

we already have a soundcloud thread for one, and two soundcloud is just as much if not more about clout, than the music.
the rule is to keep the show offs at bay, and keep the posting strictly about music advice.

of course, clyp making it mandatory to create an account does complicate things. but it should still be used over soundcloud because it's less seriously

>implying I make dance music
>implying you need books for a specific genre

ok, after making around 2 hours worth of music over the last year ive come to the conclusion on what my music lacks, movement
i seem to love staying in a constant chord loop, may it be 2, 3 or 4 chords i just cant seem to get out of that cycle unless im making hiphop, which in that case im just switching from my main sample to other sample, and rock, where i just shit out some power chords for the chorus (not that i make good rock), so my question is, how do i train myself to changing chords? like how do i create a chord proggresion thats moree than just 3 chords looping over and over? scales dont really matter to me since i just tend to stick to a certain chord and edit it as minimally as possible while changing it by a few tones or semitones, pic related is the most complex chord proggression i could do but thats bcos even i cant remember what chords are these

Attached: chords be tight.png (1680x1050, 219K)

What exactly is a wavetable? I'm talking about in the context of Serum. Like, some packs come with "presets" and "wavetables" -- I obviously get what presets are but don't get wavetables.

Pardon me if this sounds harsh but if you want to make your songs less boring I think it will be better if you learn how to play piano and basic jazz for a year or two first. Those are the most practical ways to improve your music anyone here can do

Yeah, though I mostly illustrate and draw nowadats

>Pardon me if this sounds harsh
Fuck off redditor

I don't have the patience to compose notes one by one in computer that's why I started to draw lol, fuck clicking on computer just to make a C chord. Pardon my venting, I'll stop now

holy fuck guys i had no idea that music is quite literally mathematics

>not listening to boards of canada

Just take your 4 bar chord loop and suspend a chord or substitute a chord from a parallel mode or use some passing tones or shit son anything you should have learned within a year already.

I feel like this is finished. Please be as critical as possible. It's my first actual song over two minutes long.
clyp.it/utynclls

>What kind of vocals do you guys think would work with it?
Vocaloid, or maybe a little girl whispering. I'm getting "Castle on a Cloud" vibes.

>how do i train myself to changing chords? like how do i create a chord proggresion thats moree than just 3 chords looping over and over
Learn to play jazz, listen to lots of jazz, analyze jazz music. Even entry level standards have loads of stuff to analyze.

Oh ho ho son, you're in for it now.

youtube.com/watch?v=7Q0WxkmaOjA

Attached: miracles.jpg (725x617, 34K)

the thing is literally none of my songs use a exact scale, or they do but im not aware of it, so i cant just pick a parallel chord, is there any other trick or do i really have to go full scally and stuff?

A normal synth generates a waveform using a digital simulation of an oscillator.
If you record a straight note into an audio file and load it into a sampler, you can tell the sampler to loop a super short portion of the file, of the length of a single cycle of the waveform.
This way the sampler becomes effectively a synthesizer, because it would just play the waveform like a synth would.
A wavetable synthesizer is just that. A sampler that plays super short single-cycle waveforms to create the illusion of being a synth.

A wavetable is nothing more than an audio file that contains a sequence of these single-cycle waveforms (hopefully they're all different, usually with some gradual change between them), so that the wavetable synthesizer (which can detect where one ends and the next starts) can loop one of these waveforms at a time and with a knob scroll through them.

The left wavetable in pic related is made out of 10 waveforms (the synth is currently playing the 6th).
10 is a small number so the transition between one and the other will be too sudden, so there's a feature to add intermediate waveforms (so called morph tables) to bring the total number to 256 and make the transition smooth.

Click on the pencil icon in the top right corner of the waveform viewer in Serum to open the wavetable editor and play a note while scrolling through a wavetable in order to grasp how it really works.

When you download a Serum wavetable you're just downloading a .wav file that contains a series of waveform cycles that Serum is going to play.
This is very powerful because it allows you to start the synthesis process with an interesting timbre instead of using the usual handful of basic waves.

PS: I'm pretty sure that behind the scenes Serum doesn't actually play the wav file but extracts its harmonic information first through an FFT analysis then plays it like an additive synth would.
But don't quote me on this lol. Just pretend it plays the waveform like a sample.

Attached: 02-Serum_Captioned_image_02.png (1086x626, 255K)

based helpful user, thank you!!

You could've googled that and found a video explaining it much better in less time, but so could I, instead of writing all that.
Let's just forget about this shameful sad day and try not to wallow in our disappointment.

The parallel modes together encompass all 12 tones, and every chord assumes every form, so your piece's key has no bearing on what you can substitute.
You should try to be more organized though.

I don't understand. What do the circles represent?
I thought they were the harmonics of a note, but the more I watch the less this theory makes sense.

the thing is when i really like how two chords combine i just cant care enough if it is inside a key or a mode, but yeah thanks, im going to try and compose something that cycles around the notes or something

Welcome to hell.

Attached: laughing nerds.png (512x384, 240K)

Please tell me

When he says the name of a note, is it always relative to DO (which I assume means C)?

When he says 5:2, what is 5 and what is 2?

Everytime I come up with a nice melody that I actually think is good, I am always filled with a anxiety that I have unconsciously copied it from someone else.

Right now, I'm certain I've copied a melody of joe hisaishi and just slapped the bassline from pachabels canon in d on it.

Attached: 1498842334672.jpg (397x398, 15K)

dude i literally stole around the world's bass line and give 3 quarters of a nanofuck, man the fuck up and accept that you get inspiration from the music you do, dont give no fuck if that inspiration reflects directly or indirectly

good artists copy, great artists steal

>t. a bad artist

this. hardest thing to do in music is to make money with it. why the fuck you makin it hard on yourself?

let me know what it's like underneath the highway, dumbfuck. nothing is original except pure ass

>t. a bad artist

the ratio bullshit is complete nonsense made to justify the existence of the 12 note scale mathematically before we knew about the actual frequency calculations

OH BOY ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER SONG

"SYNTHPOP" TIME because op image
clyp.it/njnvmuiz

Attached: 43298743217890.jpg (820x820, 163K)

But what does it represent?

good thing you put synthpop in quotes because my ears hurt
basically if a chord has dissonance or not, less dissonance = more pleasant chord to listen to

No, I mean, what do the numbers in the ratios refer to?
How did they come up with them?

refresh my memory /prod/ is phase when a frequency is canceling one out?

they're approximations, they aren't real
if you want mathematics in math, pic related is all you need

a phase offset in a waveform can change its polarity or if beating against a wave of a similar frequency, the phase can affect the amplitude, thus quieting or even cancelling out both waveforms.

Phase is just where in the cycle a frequency starts (and is consequently aligned with the other frequency playing simultaneously).
Phasing is when the peak of one frequency is aligned with the valley of another, causing cancellation.

shit, forgot pic

Attached: musicismath.png (266x49, 3K)

>they're approximations, they aren't real
>if you want mathematics in math, pic related is all you need
Approximations of what?
You're tying to convince me that it's bullshit, but I don't even understand what it is, so I don't even get what you're trying to tell me.

>in quotes
idk i thought it sounded like a blatant new order ripoff tbqhwyman

consider: a wave vibrating at 440 hz is A 880 is A, 220 is A etc right?

so double whatever frequency you're playing is the same note: 1 to 2 to 4 etc

every other note lies between that 1 and 2
1.5 for example is a fifth above the note at 1, ie C to G

... just ignore the other user lol

look at two flipped sin waves

Ah, so those ratios are just the distance between the frequency of C and the frequency of the note in question?

1.5*440 is 660
the closest note to 660 is 664.57 Hz
ergo, its nonsense
just use the 12th root of two

pic related, as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong)

Attached: index.png (348x550, 27K)

>frequency of C
well it's the ratio of whatever note to whatever note

i copied the 1.5 off the cheat sheet i made for myself years ago; 1.5 is not the exact ratio though, you're right, i just double checked it :p

it's not nonsense though, it's literally how you program an fm synth lol

They're ratios based off a given note. The idea is any note has a frequency, and if you double that you have the octave above, half it to get the octave below.
The ratios are to describe how to get the values of the other notes using only the note we've already identified as a basis.

There's broadly two divisions of "music theory", one broadly concerned with how to pleasingly arrange tones with each other and one autistically focused on why tones sound pleasing arranged with each other.

>all these niggas using equal temperament

Attached: 1549188395521.png (500x522, 148K)

So those circles in the video are about the harmony of the note DO with a given note, right?

my album unironically does i v vi iv
fite me

>all minor chords
dude are you an emo or something?

You sick fuck

who's the best producer here? Show me

>he is still using babbyware like ayybleton, studio done and fruity noobs
>he is using bizzaroware like REEEper and propellershit
>he isn't using proware like Cubase, Logic, Pro Tools or Digital Performer

Attached: 1562301556930.jpg (653x590, 51K)

>not using lmms
you are the plebest pleb ive ever seen

I actually pirated digital performer and I will give it a try in the next weeks

clyp.it/0hnjbas5

if you're willing to pirate then mega Pro Tools, I'll make the switch

retard

Attached: 1565330800230.jpg (600x600, 53K)

I use Cubase but version 8.5 I don't like how they changed the look its good enough for me

how does it feel to sell a thoughtful beat you worked hard on for 30 bucks to a rapper who mumbles words over it for millions?

why is latin / mexican music produced so well? stumbled across on of their radio stations, and the song was so crisp. thought it was just the one song, but most of them were well produced

you dont, you demand producer credit on that beat and get royalties for it.

what is your production ratio? The longest was when I spent 17 hours on two minutes of music and then cut it anyways

I'm finally doing it guys. I'm lowering my expectations of myself so I can finally start making music. It's not great but I'm finally gaining xp

clyp.it/bxz1fd5z
i implore you to listen, and challenge you to give me feedback

>implore
>challenge
looks like some flexing their vocabulary
too bad it isn't musical

It's a mess, but it'd be suitable for a chaotic videogame stage or cutscene.

Do you guys know of any "through-composed" tracks (in the sense that it doesn't have any verse-chorus structure)? Or like tracks that are based on one repetitive element (like an ostinato), but everything around it keeps changing with no sections?
I would like to try this stuff, but first I want to see if it works well.

It's hard to keep track of what your doing, I don't know if that's what you're going for, but even though it's really techincal, it doesn't hold attention very well. Try something like this.

clyp.it/xkkccwux

>10-30 seconds of nothing before the track starts
What does literally every user that posts clips mean by this?

(((cubase)))

I think that should be accepted policy cause it prevents me from getting spooked by harsh noise.
Also has anyone else noticed that not instaudio is down we have about 100% fewer intentional earrape posts?

clyp.it/gyuubojd
trying to start an environmental ambient song this is what I have
thoughts?

like Steve reich stuff? music for 18 musicians?

clyp.it/st3mzpcq

I'm so bored of making music
It's so boring now
Everything is the same

common mistake my plebs and newbies is long, boring intros, specially intros that only introduce new elements bit by bit rather than being an element in itself

>shit they don't tell you about making music
all that was magical about it will be lost

it be like that sometimes, but it's in this stage that you find what you truly loved about music

tell me a daw to try i am burnt out and hate staring at the ableton ui

lmms

>wonder why my piano sounds like a radio recording
>thought it was the vst
>it was on mono

Attached: 1566214744622s.jpg (125x75, 2K)

make some beats in audacity

Attached: 1554723219939.jpg (790x1000, 108K)

Digital Performer

Attached: dptracklist.jpg (1919x1049, 291K)

that doesn't even look too bad

why it gotta be so difficult bros

It's instrument-track central tho and basically functions like Pro Tools with superb midi integration, so no "drag&drop samples/efx from sidebar" stuff like Ableton or FL.

Attached: dpmix.jpg (1917x1025, 496K)

Na you did good. I'd go so far as to call you the pride of Yea Forums

where are all the secret top tips that makes me a mega star producer at

if i told u i wuld have to end ur life

If you are stuck on a synth lead/melody just repeat 1 note on a 1/8 MIDI grid for two measures.

Catchy melodies are usually the ones with repeating notes. Listen to the verse of Pokerface or choruses of TikTok, California girls and the notes you hear are very monotone for most of the section

>Pokerface
>Melody
lmao

it's really not, you're just inexperienced.

how would one approach tuning as a novice? like i get that getting things in the right key is important, but where do you start? does it depend on genre? what instrument determines your root note? or is it best to just ignore it for now? I'm sure things will sound wrong when the tuning is way off but specifically i'd like to know how to improve on the skill of getting things correctly tuned.

watched a youtube video? congrats retard

clyp.it/nxn2tesl

Attached: thunderhead.jpg (1300x956, 147K)

In sick of using presets, I’ve been “customizing” some presets to sound how I want them to, mainly playing around with various synth parameters so somwhat learning but can anyone here recommend a good course/YouTube playlist about synthesis?

videos are kinda useless after a while, but I'd rather sit in front of my battle station working or listen to actual records rather than read bloated and outdated (and probably irrelevant for your specific genre) textbooks

>actual books
>it's pdfs

Fruity loop niggers be like
>quantize everything
>why my beats so lifeless

Buy a synth, you digicuck

Incredibly based video

>battle station
cringe

citation needed

dunno if you're illiterate or just brain dead but his issue has nothing to do with quantization

Unironically, learn your DAW inside and out. I'm still in the process, but every time I learn something new about it, it sparks creativity that I now have a slightly better grasp on realizing. After deciding presets were gay, I started by just making basic sine+lfo shit, then I decided to fuck with audio and midi effects so that it didn't sound as lifeless. Then learned a bit about additive synthesis shit, then I figured out I was reading my stock synth backwards, made a quantum leap in how listenable my waveforms were, next up is waveform modulation and multisampling. But if I could go back and take the time to thoroughly learn my software instead of jumping straight to trying to emulate [artist] and end up fumbling around like a retard for months, I would.

i wanna fight you all, like a real brawl

dont @ me

Remember that DBZ episode where Bulma's radar stopped working so they used statistics to calculate how many times each ball appeared in a region to guess where it was more likely to be?
Did they use the
>Nyquist-Shenron theorem
?

Attached: Radar.png (707x570, 362K)

Remember that DBZ episode where Bulma's radar stopped working so they used statistics to calculate how many more crimes blacks commit compared to other races and each ball appeared in a region to show where a black crime was more likely to be?
Did they use the
>Nigquist-Sheboon theorem
?

How many bands actually make a living off of music that arent pure indie/hiphop bands? Do people in alternative genres actually get by or is it a weekend warrior thing for them?

Whats even the difference between all the DAWS? Dont they all do the same thing? Ive had FL forever because I dont feel a reason to use anything else.

Look at that piece of shit grid and tell me again that lack of movement has nothing to do with putting equally long and quantized chord movements on the first beat of every measure

Yes they all do the same thing and Daw rivalry is the stupidest thing on earth. The guys here who switch daws are idiots. Any daw is good enough.

Some composers take a set of notes and write a piece using only those. Try that if you don't want to learn music. Otherwise you're always going to be in the dark over what to do next and it'll just be trial and error

pretty much, certain things are easy with some than others, but the result is the same. it more depends on you, your workflow and which suits your needs best.
daw wars mostly come from stereotypes of the people who use that are only somewhat true

he's talking about progressing the chord though.
besides which daw doesnt have quantization. it's not like you need to use it.

is it ez to pirate omnisphere?

clyp.it/25ee2co1I i tried to not make it an ear-bleeder

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-04-30-12h18m34s522.png (1920x1080, 1.22M)

Yes and no.
You can easily download it and activate it using the included patch and instructions.
The hard part is actually downloading it, since it's such a huge package.
I highly recommend finding a torrent or getting a subscription for Uploaded or Rapidgator and downloading from AudioZ.

Not Found

soundcloud.com/pikakke/spooky-indigo
This is my first beat, criticism is welcome and appreciated

Attached: spooky indigo.png (480x480, 206K)

>clyp.it/25ee2co1
i put an uppercase I at the end of the url by mistake

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-04-29-01h52m51s095.png (1920x1080, 1.42M)

>pic is promo
>soundcloud
>can't read

fuck off faggot

sorry I'm retarded

Don't move the folders around from each other, use the default installation folders or sometimes your patches don't load at all and you're fucked. The size is a lot

Rate lyrics.
>I called myself
>today
>to see if I'm still Phil
>but then I
>thought "hey"
>"shit, I was never Phil"

Attached: Cash-735x413.jpg (735x413, 32K)

All his chord progressions will sound like shit when his music looks like this. It's astounding that he's been doing this for 2 years. Vamping and short chord progressions are used everywhere in music just not in a primitive fashion such as this. Fruity Loopers are simply braindead.

you’re all shit at production

The kick-snare beat that starts at 0:46 is too groovy and fucks up the vibe that you built with everything that happened before it, so either make it less groovy or make the intro less moody and "slow".

am confuse

the only difference between pre- and post- 0:46 mark is that a 4x4 kick comes in. who tf says "too groovy"

>the only difference...
It doesn't matter if the difference is one element or even just a parameter change. The only thing that matters is the result of everything coming together, and when it comes to rhythm and drum programming, just adding or slightly shifting one small element can make a world of difference.
Listen to it with your eyes closed and you'll see how the song goes from slow and atmospheric to something that's made for dancing.

>who tf says "too groovy"
I do.

>Yes they all do the same thing
except they don't, every daw has its cons and its pros, there's absolutely no reason to try as many daws as you can, you will never know wich one works best for you otherwise

did you accidentally a word?

pretty good but i can see what that other guy meant. the beat doesnt really fit the vibe

im gonna buy captain chords

NO DONT DO IT MAN

google "how to tune (instrument)"
i'm sure there are plenty of tuning tutorial videos

There are many reasons not to try so many daws, for one thing you'll never finish any music, you'll never get great at one daw, you're a poser, and it's pointless.

Ok smart guy please elaborate on what your daw does that others don’t?
It’s all audio, pitched on timelines or midi, or host for plugins

You just have to attach yourself to a mega star artist.
Start going to parties, the richer the better, and just be a cool dude and casually mention that you produce.
Eventually someone with clout will ask you to do something for them (maybe not even music related) and you better fucking do it.
Congratulations, now you're "in".

If you write down lyrics during the day, do you ever go back to them? I feel like writing to an instrumental gives you more useful material.
Also is it normal to feel weird about recording vocals? It feels more unusual than talking to yourself

native-instruments.com/en/products/maschine/production-systems/maschine-flame-orange/

Attached: 054.gif (307x343, 22K)

Wouldn't buy a piece of equipment in those colors, but aesthetically it looks pretty cool desu.

Wait, you're not supposes to quantitize your music? I thought tempo was important

depends on the genre, depends on the instrument, depends on the section/expression, depends on the quantization method

tempo is important. quantization is more of a feel. even the sloppiest drummers record to click

youtube.com/watch?v=cvyywDE67tY
how do i get that grunty guitar (or bass) tone?

it's a matter of specialization, right now every daw covers the most basic functions but some are better than others at specific tasks
however if you want to perform live with pro tools or do a master with fruity loops I won't stop you

low tuning, fuzz (fuzzface would work well f.e.)

Do people here use guitar as a MIDI controller, if so how cheaply can it be done?

it sucks, even with the best systems

Thats a shame, I am new to this and only play guitar, is the general consensus for someone like me to write the song on guitar, then add it to my DAW on a midi keyboard?

I would record with guitar then change the audio to midi and blend with guitar +fx

>and blend with guitar +fx
Could you plase elaborate?
I'm not sure I'm finding the right results on Google.

Mate I’m not going anywhere near fruity loops. Go fuck yourself

What to do with this? I'm going for Peggy Gou sound. What kind of melodies and synths would you use?

clyp.it/zucxjzgt

Attached: fa3r5.jpg (300x300, 21K)

I mean if you add effects to a guitar you can make it synth sounding. Can do just do that on its own or convert audio to midi and blend midi instrument with straight guitar.

Ah, got it thanks.
Not the original guy you were talking to btw, just a lurker.

clyp.it/5libfyl3

feedback pls

the timing on the flute phrase at 1:27 sounds kinda off. it sounds like and old crank jukebox not running at the right speed. can you play the "roll" faster?

thank u for trying this demo though

it´s shit on purpose because I didn't know how to introduce the drop

maybe you can tell I intented to make a different song as you can hear at the beginning

What program/plugin is outputting that demo message?

its probably jsut a text to speach message that has been looped and put onto a otherwise empty track

I remember reading about plugins that would do that, and in this case it doesn't sound like a vocal sample that he placed, as it's not being treated as a separate object but is changing seemingly at random (which leads me to believe that it's just receiving the same processing that the synth sound from the unactivated plugin is getting).
Maybe he's just being cheeky, but I'm leaning more towards the program not being activated.

What are some good guitar plugins/vsts/soundbanks/etc. that you'd recommend "acquiring"

sylenth1 is making that shit

Kontakt with a bunch of different libraries for whatever guitar (or any instrument really) sound you need.

sick trap beats are going out of style what do i make now

beach house

elaborate

audioz.download/software/win/139780-download_aon-sylenth1-v221x-installer-x86-x64-2018-02-18.html
Click on the peeplink link.
There you'll find a password and two links (one to uploaded and one to zippyshare).
Download the archive from one of them and use the included password.
Read on any instruction that might be inside before starting the installation and you should be fine.

What are some good monitors?
I can finally spend some money on this shit, never had monitors before tho.

how much we talking bout here

if i had the money and wasn't going extracted i would cop adam a7x's. bare minimum is yamaha hs series or jbl lsr- everybody has their own opinions about whether or not those count as "good" or not though

>extracted
extravagant i mean

kh120

Don't buy something because autistic people online told you to. Try before buy.

i've seen this response so many times and it dumbfounds me every time that the stuck up asshole who says it can't comprehend that the noobie asking doesn't know what he's listening for

Yeah I'm going to research. Every source of information is helpful tho, and prod has been good to me so far.

question for trap guys: what's the deal with electrax?

i see it mentioned all over the place on reddit and see preset banks posted, why is it so popular? it looks like a completely normal synth to me, does some cashmoney guy use it or something and everybody just uses it because of that?

i don't give a fuck about presets or having a "trap" sound- i just want to know if it's actually worth fucking with over other synths

I bought my tannoy monitors online without testing them and same with my beyerdynamic headphones. Both turned out a good buy for my spare bedroom studio setup. My theory is that if you buy from a decent company and spend a decent amount you’ll get decent product...that said I live in the middle of nowhere so couldn’t really test them without traveling for hours

Reply if gay clyp.it/eyq4jnqt

Attached: original - Copy.png (992x1144, 520K)

electrax is overrated and definitely not that talked about, like most of tone2 stuff. are you a shill

If the track is gay or if I am?

>overrated
>not that talked about
so which?

i should have mentioned i guess, i specifically see it talked about exclusively on reddit so i guess it's not talked about outside of there....
shit maybe they're only shilling there

HAHA

Noise genres are the future tbqh

If you have a legit licence for FL studio, can you use cracked plugins and such?

yes

of course you can it wont do anything like check if youre using cracks

No, It will corrupt your legit license you paid for and block you out. Says so right in the terms.

Got this piece of shit in today

Should I be embarrassed or grateful

Got a blue yeti mic coming Monday

Already have a laptop, already have ableton live 10 what else do I need to make dope beats bros?

Attached: 103228F3-31F6-4BA5-A5AD-CAA7DFD9865A.jpg (4032x3024, 1.82M)

Monitors and/or headphones

trash or not?
(there are two songs here, just short snippets)

vocaroo.com/i/s1nLkvyC2aFW

this is all i've come up with today so far....
gonna mix some other shit in the meantime, the songs i've written the past couple days have been meh lol

Attached: 41328074.png (807x808, 784K)

Make beats for rappers, market market market. Or build small studio, have artists come record at your place and do sessions. All the guys telling you no want to keep all the customers, stoopid.

You can use your keyboard to as a midi controller

I like both but I would subtract from the first one instead of adding to it. You could use the second part as a transition like I think you were intending.
I appreciate you not putting 30 seconds of pointless buildup before and after each one, thanks for that

lawl the second one was a completely separate song

>subtract
>pointless buildup
yeah i spent like half an hour just jamming on that beat until i realized it should be kept as simple as possible :S
thanks tho, i was leaning more towards tossing both of these in the bin but i guess i'll see where they go

nobody wants to hear a minute long intro to a basic ass beat with no lyrics on it on /prod/ man!

clyp.it/jdaw11xi
No one gave this feedback yesterday so I kept working on it.
But I think the truth is I'm afraid to move onto a new project since I'm out of ideas.

hahahahahahah why

Yo that's pretty neat, like a chiptune mashup of tracks I can't remember. That's like the kind of thing my Russian friend was into back in HS.

I really like this user, slowed down would sound boss for a deep house track. your drum rhythm is fireee

>clyp.it/0hnjbas5
It's okay, but I cant muster much enthusiasm for 8bit tunes. It's just grating to my ears.
To me it sounds like you've slapped together Tim Follin and the master of derivatives, Toby Fox. While the extended parts where you have solos over the house keys esque chords sounds like something from a early quasi 3D driving game. I picture like a road along a beach or something.

Compositionally, it works very well, but again, I have a hard time with 8bit since it's so sonically limited and everything you put into it make it sound gimmicky.

Chris Hein Guitars

turned to shit after 1:06

solid chip tune, hyper creative. could legitimately be in a indie/retro game.

clyp.it/ajmyhm4o

comment niggers pls

Listened but not gonna comment cause ignorant use of n word :^)

youtube.com/watch?v=pAaXzHJhA18

what if im black bih?

I don't like it

Thanks for the positive feedback, guess that means I can move on.

I absolutely agree with what you mean by chiptune music sounding gimmicky. If it were up to me, actual instruments would be playing my music. But I am simply too mentally deficient to figure out how to record my own playing or work with a synth more complicated than a triple oscillator. I plan to remedy this though by experimenting with different trackers that use samples and soundfonts.

what if I am too

clyp.it/01tjltww

Attached: field.jpg (600x450, 94K)

There's nothing wrong with trial and error. I just wrote a ridiculously complicated chord progression purely through trial and error. I prefer it that way.

hows this for a trap ballad vibe

clyp.it/odwvzjmo

Attached: YEAHYEAH.png (638x389, 499K)

If you know what you are playing, you don't necessarily need a midi keyboard. I always type my guitar stuff into a tracker rather quickly and I'm sure piano rolls offer similar options.

>clyp.it/odwvzjmo
not nearly as good as your avatar fagging faux-confidence on /prod/ would imply

>clyp.it/odwvzjmo
sick dude I love how dissonant the bass is compared to the idle sounding chords. can't wait to see how you expand on this track (don't ruin it with nigger vocals)

speed up your breaks, start doing odd splits, more fx automation on the percussion. This is a slug's breakbeat.

How do I get rid of electrical interference causing crackling in my behringer audio interface? It is not caused by my outlets (it happens even if my laptop is only running on battery and I'm using the Phones output with my headphones and not monitors). It increases when I move my mouse (USB). Tried every electrical outlet and usb cablr in my house, nothing changed. Should I just return this shit?

Attached: 1551717071379.jpg (466x617, 289K)

>behringer
there is your problem

What can I buy that has midi in and out and isn't shit

Forgot to mention, I also considered the presonus audiobox which is the same price, is it better?

recent presonus "studio" series interfaces are pretty good, but avoid the dinosaur audiobox, it's legendary bad

does anyone else have a kick drum they find superior to all other kick drums and see little reason to use any other kick drums in their songs?

No because every song needs a different sounding kickdrum.
The only way for one kickdrum to fit all your songs is to only make songs that sound the same.

nah depends too much on the song, the mood, the tempo and what else is going on in terms of sounds and spaces
not to bash your shit without having heard any of it, but I suspect that all your stuff sounds very much the same if you can get away with using the exact same kick every single time so maybe it's time to mix everything up a little

kek look at thease peasants

Attached: assberger enjoying a glass.jpg (231x290, 15K)

Based comment

808 sample for me, always fucked with in hardware sampler. I just find that it’s a nice heavy kick and is simple enough to give a really good base point for creating/modifying for my own kicks.

(Im not a trap producer)

Is double time at 160-180 bpm the standard now? What’s the benefit? Bro just zoom in lmao

fractions smaller than 1/16 are scary, I want to make beats not prog

Well thanks dude

Attached: 1543291987080.jpg (480x284, 49K)

what's the best download hoster to subscribe to for audioz.download? It seems like every single link is to a different place

cant you just click the magnet and put it on half step?

Uploaded and Rapidgator are the main ones that are pretty much always used, but I think Uploaded is slightly more common.
Also, in my experience, old releases tend to last longer on Uploaded while on Rapidgator they're a bit more likely to be removed after a while (but that's just my experience, nothing scientific).

don't pan your 303 unless you have a stereo and center pair, dingus.

thanks!

real-debrid.

>real-debrid.
is it really only 9 bucks for 90 days? How could that be right? Most regular file hosters are like 10 or 15 a month

y don't you spend 3 eur for 15 days and find out for yourself if it works.

spoiler: it works fine.

uploaded or use a leecher

its because the account is obviously shared, they technically make more money than the filehosters that way

Not superior to everything else, but what I prefer. I like kickdrums with a more acoustic sound to them (like french house kick drums). I dont like 808 ish kickdrums that sounds like a sine wave with a fast pitch envelope on it. Just sounds cheap and tacky and I hate the click on alot of those kicks.

I just like alot more meat and character with my kicks.

It's old as shit but the kick/snare combo in wolfgang gartner - undertaker is still one of the best feeling loops ever. I dunno how he did it but the mid chest thump is perfect. plus it's still acoustic sounding unlike most modern big room type kicks

just be a janitor in a music studio and ask nicely

layer + eq + reverb
you can use a synth kick, layer an acoustic kickdrum over it, highpass it and give it a bit of reverb for example

Yeah synths like Kick2 are great for this - start the synthetic layer a few ms after the acoustic sample starts, and carefully crossfade between them. so you get an acoustic start and a bit of decay, but a reinforced electronic base.
tuning them together to avoid phase/key issues is a huge bitch however

shouldn't be a big issue if you high pass it

I don't know much about producing, I just got into. Sorry if this is stupid.
I found these sites that sell sounds, samples, whatever you want to call them (not mentioning them in case it's considered spam, but they are pretty big) and I find it a bit weird that they ask you to pay a monthly subscription... to preview sounds.
Not to download them, not to use them in your productions, but just to preview them. I find it frustrating. Why do they do that?

don't subscribe to anything

I'm pretty sure you can use them in your production. That's the whole gimmic. You pay a monthly subscription and whatever you made in that period with those sounds, is yours pretty much.

> (not mentioning them in case it's considered spam, but they are pretty big)
nah you're good, I want to know so I can check the fine writing of their subscription plan for myself.

I think Steven Slate was one of the first to use the subscription model for their mixing and mastering plugins and it caught on like wildfire.

Anything that plays through your computer can be recorded. Think of it like screenshotting a picture. It might go without saying but don’t buy any of that

clyp.it/und0ddza gimme some of that ol' feedback, fellas

Sounds.com and Splice.com tell me to register if I want to be able to properly preview sounds (they only show 10 out of thousands for every author). The registration is "free" but comes with a forced monthly paid subscription.

>I'm pretty sure you can use them in your production.
You can but you have to pay for the subscription + for each sound, I think.

Just to be clear: I think it's alright that they choose the pay model that they want, and I understand people need to get paid. But too me that like saying you need to pay subscription money to browse Steam games or to browse youtube movie trailers... It's weird.

use audioz seriously

just be sure you buy the samples if you put any tracks out and they're musical ones that someone could recognize
splice is nice for that since you can buy individual stems instead of the whole pack

I've made hip hop for 10 years but I'm kinda burned out also hating the global and local scene
give me a genre I can bandwagon please

trip hop

Pretty teenage girls making terrible pop music in their bedroom but with a marketing mogul secretly behind their sudden and unusual popularity.

>I just uploaded it to soundcloud and suddenly it exploded. I also went from a belov average bedroom producer to a professional world class producer in 3 months.

I would have nothing against it if they aknowledged that they were helped, I would perhaps respect them even more for acknowledging that the idea they have in their head is beyond their own skill level, so they needed professional help with it.

But when they sit around in interviews and lie their asses off and take all the credit, I just want to go on a bitch slap rampage.

That's like Metallica pretending they built their own studio and recorded, enginered, mixed and mastered their music themselves.

Attached: 1539740581539.jpg (429x571, 55K)

epic music
but you'll need a high IQ for that

>Epic music
>4 chord pop structures with repetetive ostinatos and french horns blaring notes at forte-fortissimo for 4 whole bars while compressor slammed taiko drums gallop in the background. Then slap some tasteless choir doing the chords one octave up and slam it so hard it into izotope at -6 db that the hits distort and overrides everything else.
>but you'll need a high IQ for that

Attached: 1280334720539.png (215x202, 13K)

>4 chord pop structures with repetetive ostinatos and french horns blaring notes at forte-fortissimo for 4 whole bars while compressor slammed taiko drums gallop in the background. Then slap some tasteless choir doing the chords one octave up and slam it so hard it into izotope at -6 db that the hits distort and overrides everything else.
this is the new shit

I think what you're thinking of is composition, orchestration and production of classical music or film scoring. Which is another level than the EPIC UPLIFTING TRAILER BATTLE MUSIC EPIC MIX you find on youtube.

Yeah it's dishonest but I think it's part of the package.
I mean, they can't tell the public that they're even a little bit manufactured, and at the same time it's extremely unlikely that an artist:
>is female, young, and pretty
>is musically talented
>has music production skills
>can market herself
>has the drive to grind 24/7 doing everything herself
So for lack of the real thing, the fake one is good enough for her audience.

No. Was thinking about this:
youtube.com/watch?v=4KNuo72QuYk
youtube.com/watch?v=VVgZ3H5gYys

lol this is so true. it's like someone glanced at a zimmer score and instead of looking at the nuances that make minimalism work saw "whole notes, pedal points, and it's loud sometimes" so it's just that for 7 minutes
thing is it works pretty well in specific cues. but now it's just that, all over everything

>making naïf music
no thanks

>zack hemsey
>high IQ
dude literally raps over his own music.

>2010 + 9
>not making autobahnpolizeimusik
youtube.com/watch?v=ejrWwS5-BQM

Show us your music.

no.

I think people just don't understand how difficult doing it all yourself is.
there is literally no way someone can acquire all of those skills at a professional level while still being young enough to start as the typical pop star.
which is strange, since every other arts field knows that masters are generally older. nobody expects some 17yr old master painter or classical composer, or writer.
the music industry is cancer

Ok. Come back when you get featured, your music chosen for Trailers/Videos, hired for a shortfilm or have a youtube channel with millions of views.

youtube.com/watch?v=inZPTIYaf6w

Yeah, but there's no way the vast majority of the audience of pop music is gonna relate or even look up to old masters like they do to young and "cool" image-based stars.
Not to mention all those acts that exist because they're attractive to the opposite sex.

seriously why would people now have a problem with a manifactured artist?
Rihanna, Beyoncé, etc..even all the rappers Dr. Dre launched were kept in his studio for years to be prepared to make worldwide hits
maybe it's just the genre that she does that requires that "independent" image on the surface

All those artists were part of a system that everyone knows is fake.
They weren't really pretending to be indie, let alone have an indie image as their whole selling point.

I don't really get the appeal of indie and don't understand why music would be more "real" if made by a band themselves instead of by a group of professionals
even the greatest rock bands had great producers and engineers on their back
pop music has always been "manifactured", there's nothing wrong for a pop singer to just do the goddamn singing and leave the writing and producing and stuff to competent people

I've done music for short films, commercials, video games.
The problem is that you profess that Zack Hemseys music is somehow technically complex all while most of the time all his music is very very simple. Most of his music follows a crescendo structure where it starts off with strings in flautando doing a 4 chord structure (usually with some ambient pads beneath) or a simple felt piano chord with a wall of delay and reverb on it. that just builds in intensity over a 5 minute timeline untill you end up with taikos and toms blasting away and horn sections blaring thirds and fifhs of the chords and strings just playing higher and higher in the register.

It's just not that complicated.

fake? what's fake?
riri never pretended to write her own songs, 50 never pretended to produce his own songs
commercial music made by teams of pros is the norm, there's nothing fake

people almost always don't like manufactured artists. it gives off a 'disingenuous' vibe that audiences are repulsed by for some reason. it wasn't an issue when it was just the elite sponsoring art but now that it's a true business you have to essentially lie to people as they don't like to hear the truth of it all
maybe, but they don't flaunt it generally. it's always brushed off or never explored in depth in interviews, how much work there was done behind the scenes

I agree, but there's a number of people who likes the relatability of seeing what appears to be a normal person creating music that they like, as opposed to looking at some kind of unreachable and unrealistic ideal of perfection like normal popstars are presented as.

You're right, I should've said "manufactured", not fake.

>it's always brushed off or never explored in depth in interviews, how much work there was done behind the scenes
well the game made a career on rapping about how he was in the studio with dr. dre
>but there's a number of people who likes the relatability of seeing what appears to be a normal person creating music that they like, as opposed to looking at some kind of unreachable and unrealistic ideal of perfection like normal popstars are presented as.
yeah that's probably it
I usually don't really care for these things, I know that behind every artist there's a lot of people who work on albums and I consider albums a work made by all these people
top 40 pop music actually became more interesting to me with this perspective, it's not really that different from any other genre

>riri

Attached: 1500409116395.jpg (1337x1289, 63K)

>water is wet
that entire video

>Producers HATE ME for Revealing these 10 Secrets
Is he talking about the producers who hoped to learn something from this video?

>sat through the entire thing
>no mention of rubber sounds ANYWHERE
I feel robbed

NEW THREAD:

rough night?

>paying for pirating
what's the point?? just use rutracker or ftp transfer with oboom

You have been visited by the Laura of dead and dying threads.

This thread doesn't have much longer left to live. No need to mourn though; having reached the bump limit, the thread has lived a full life. Its popularity is a good indicator that the thread and its anons will live on in future iterations.

Attached: Laura.png (565x279, 164K)