What is your favorite Autechre album and why?

What is your favorite Autechre album and why?

Attached: huge_avatar.png (300x300, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PodP-H5mk68
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Draft represents an apotheosis of the melodic dynamism that had been building since Chiastic Slide. Later on they became more interested in experiments with duration or texture or phasing than melody.

oh i love autech... zzz

Elseq contains of amalgamation of different influences that they've showcased over the years all present in one project.
Songs containing phrases from dub techno and even electro/hip hop drum patterns from when they were first sharing music back and forth.
Ultimately, Elseq represents a summation of their artistic career up to that point filtered through the membrane of their now preferred emphasis on abstraction.

Attached: autechre-elseq-1-5.jpg (768x768, 60K)

For me, its Confield.

Untilted.

Exai.
It is the Goldilocks album. Not too short, not too long. Not too intense, not too minimal. Not too complex, not too simple. It's perfect. No other record in their discography reaches quite the same sweet spot that Exai lives in.

>dude there's a lot of it so it's good
Why do people do this? They always say the longest album in their favorite artist's discography is the best one, even though that's far from the case.
i.e. Swans

WHY?

Amber obviuosly

Attached: 8d0ba8a675bd4f4d8a71e6f8dcd0073e.jpg (770x586, 65K)

i agree with this, also elseq's virtues and amber. chiastic slide is a favorite that is also a sweet spot for me. draft 7.30 and oversteps have some of my favorites. lp7 is great. really there is no single album for me, i just listen to their stuff all out of order mainly. i hate confield, not one track on there i like. tri repetae is tourist faggot music. anvil vapre is quality

so you hate tri repatae just because it's popular? interesting.

chiastic slide because when I listened to it in 97 it completely blew me away. good memories. nice nostalgia

No I just don't like it because it sucks and am aware that its suckiness is the kind that draws tourist fags. I consider Exai to be even pppular nowadays and that is top 3 faves overall

kill yourself as fast as possible

>t. butthurt tourist-fag

Hard to pick, but Lp5 might edge it. I love how the sounds in that album are so consistent and have a sort of alien/futuristic style to them. NTS sessions are also up there, but kind of cheating since there' s loads of it and it's not consistently amazing. Some incredible tracks nd transitions though.

for me? it’s gotta be chiastic slide. Insanely consistent album that doesn’t overstay it’s welcome

Attached: 2B8B80F6-2AEF-48BA-A397-B4E267682334.jpg (599x600, 21K)

yknow

Attached: R-130319-1235341641.jpeg.jpg (600x600, 105K)

I don't even like TR that much, but I also don't have the tourist meme living rent free in my head. faggot.

SEETHING

I like their debut a lot actually. I think my favorite yet was actually the 89-93 tapes. They became really mechanical and dark over time. Earlier stuff was a hit less experimental and more beat driven, which I'm a big fan of.

easily this one by far

Attached: lp5-502fc081db6d9[1].jpg (1000x1000, 782K)

>Draft represents an apotheosis of the melodic dynamism that had been building since Chiastic Slide. Later on they became more interested in experiments with duration or texture or phasing than melody.

he two versions of F# have the same pitch, rhythm and dynamics, but the F# minor chord is played from an extended C as opposed to an augmented G. This is a key difference. As John Mayer says after playing F# minor to his students during one of his guitar lessons: "This is different from F# major… I wanted to play my F# as an interval, and the scale could sustain that."

Although John Mayer is certainly right that the guitar is more easily altered if it has more control over the tempo, what is particularly important about this harmonic, is whether it has more or less control over the musical tempo. John Mayer does not take this concept into account when he suggests that C Major might be more musical than G Major as a means of getting musical control. If the guitar's tempo controls its melodic structure, then that must have the effect of making a C Major melodic cycle more dynamic than a G Major melodic cycle. This is particularly true in a phrase like "The sound of my voice can be heard like a million bees buzzing around as they compete for the same patch to enter it".

this and incunabula

This
youtu.be/PodP-H5mk68
How do you even create something like this

The warp tapes
Im not kidding

My niggas

>has only listened to amber

LP5
the perfect middle point between cutting edge noise and their old phase, plus some really good tracks and barely any weak parts

You sound like a projecting tourist