Boz Scaggs

>Boz Scaggs

Attached: gcwaw7izkzo11.png (584x475, 290K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boz_Scaggs
youtube.com/watch?v=oTFvAvsHC_Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you twat

He's from my hometown

>he doesn't like lowdown

hes good

Hits! [Columbia, 1980]
His renown as the man who brought black-tie New Year's to Bay Area haute bohemia seems a fitting climax to a career that's transformed Marin County languor into the hippest in pop cool. Listening back to his biggest tunes, the best of which (except for the mean, jaunty pimp-song "Jojo") seem to have been recorded in the mid-'70s, you can hear everything from old compatriot Sly Stone to more recent compatriot Elton John. But many of his "hits," in case you didn't notice, were recorded right here in 1980, and so this collection includes three from Middle Man, one from Urban Cowboy, and one brand new fabrication. Silk Degrees isn't as tuneful. But when I want to remember how Marin County languor converted the masses, that's what I'll play. B+

Attached: christgau1med.jpg (400x266, 17K)

Boz Scaggs always smacked too much of yuppie cocktail party music for me. Though he's not bad at all and I've heard far worse music in that subgenre.

>(except for the mean, jaunty pimp-song "Jojo")
It's not half the pimp song Fame is.

Does this faggot care about anything other than whether a given artist will lend him social status points if he listens to them?

>baz haggs

Attached: 1564776833631.png (800x1200, 67K)

>Though he's not bad at all and I've heard far worse music in that subgenre.
Like?

See, the thing that made Eminence Front a great song is that it's a sarcastic song criticizing the whole neurotic yuppie lounge party lifestyle instead of celebrating it.

No, that's the be all and end all of his thought process. To him music is a fashion to be worn for the accumulation of social capital in elite cliques. Pretty hypocritical since he claims to value the unpretentious and working class over elitism.

>Pretty hypocritical since he claims to value the unpretentious and working class
At first he seems to like Bruce Springsteen, but then when you actually read the reviews carefully it's a lot of whining that the guy doesn't sound black enough. He still gives him good grades though because Bruce was considered acceptable in critical circles so he didn't want to look uncool.

Toni Braxton, whom Cuckgau also overrated the fuck out of (though skin color had to help in that case).

Yeah those caveman Camaro-driving teens from Indiana and their AC/DC and REO Speedwagon albums, their music won't land you in the hip circles with all the cool happening people in NYC.

Attached: 6578.png (1325x107, 26K)

Boz Scaggs was smart enough to have a song called Do Like You Do in New York, thus guaranteeing him a good Cuckgau grade.

nah

Reminder that he accused Miles Davis of selling out on Sketches of Spain and being a traitor to the scene.

No wonder Miles hated white people

>LEEEEDOOOOOOOO
>WOOOOOOAAAAA--OOOOHHHH-AAAAAHHHH-OOOOOOHHHH

Attached: 1553104785203.jpg (495x362, 17K)

>Tatsuro Yamashita
ftfy

His type of critic won't even breathe without first checking to see if that's hip or not.

what the fuck even is boz scaggs?

Attached: 250.jpg (250x250, 71K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boz_Scaggs

Derp?

What made Eminence Front great is one of the greatest bass lines of all time

Me, I dislike SoS because it sounds like a bad 60s movie soundtrack.

kek

Pepe we've been over this before you love the skag not the drink

youtube.com/watch?v=oTFvAvsHC_Y

Attached: errydae.gif (290x164, 2.74M)

this