Genre tourism: the band

>genre tourism: the band

Attached: king-gizzard.jpg (1200x1182, 329K)

I know they're not everyone's favorite but you have to admire what they've accomplished. They successfully pump out solid albums at a rapid pace, they have established their own record label and on top of all of that they perform some pretty incredible live shows whilst making said albums and performing live shows (they have been packing and sending copies of Rats' Nest during their downtime on their current world tour). I admire their dedication, it takes a lot to all of that basically at once. I think that's why I like them so much. c:

>I hate fun: the post

i don't hate fun, just bad music

is there a food equivalent of that? how about a movie? genre tourism I mean. not king gizzard.

do fucking

I kinda like the variety they have, but every album they released after Gumboot Soup have definitely been disappointing to say the least.

Huh what u mean?

>I kinda like the variety they have
>every album they released after Gumboot Soup have definitely been disappointing

FFF and ITRN are about as far away as you can be from one genre and aonther

Why does Yea Forums hate genre tourism so much? Moreover, why do so many people think that hating certain music gives you better taste, rather than understanding why people like it? OP is a faggot trying to impress people on the internet by saying >hurr durr band bad.
Jesus fucking Christ get some actual commentary. You're the reason this board is going to shit.

>release every jam session as album the band

The food equivalent would be those trendy hipster brewpubs that do food inspired by obscure ethnic dishes that barely resemble what they're trying to imitate.

People who hate "genre tourism" (and use that term) usually only do it to publicly show off their knowledge of a certain genre. It's just virtue signalling but for music.

Define good and bad music, you pretentious cunt.

Good music: music I like
Bad music: music I don't like

I heard Sleep Drifters and was highly excited by something cool being made nowadays. Decided to check the album, every song is Sleep Drifters but they all are less catchy and memorable. Why do they Blueball me like that?

if a lot of reviewers give this a great score metal may go mainstream again

kek but not really accurate since the genres they do dive into, they end up sounding better than the staples of said genre.

>Exploring different genres successfully while managing to retain quality and distinctive style ≠ genre tourism

If you think that every song on FMB is Sleep Drifter you're a fucking deaf retard.

Remember when Yea Forums liked them?

>what they've accomplished
nothing
>successfully pump out solid albums
they don't have a single decent record.
>stablished their own record label and on top of all of that they perform some pretty incredible live shows whilst making said albums and performing live shows
I'll take your word for it since this is literally just Phish for zoomers.
>it takes a lot to all of that basically at once
Indie level acts have been doing all of that for decades. Gizz may be the worst band of the decade.

You heard it here folks, 5 seconds of summer > Gizz

>metal may go mainstream again
what about disco, its been long enough

the majority still do its just become easy to bait with since mu now consists of 40% underaged kids and 60% retards

yeah, that's most of their fanbase, which is also most of Yea Forums.
thanks for clearing that up.

But they legit do? Why are you King Jizz bastards so hostile? Like you guys are Beatlefags level unfun to discuss things with.