ITT: We discuss Postrock

One of the greatest albums of the last decade pic related.

Other notable mentions for solid PR bands.

I Hear Sirens
pg lost
Tides From Nebula
Ranges
Jakob
Moonlit Sailor

This is for Kino only

Attached: 0BA0C21A-10E0-47C4-9435-38AB47D552D9.jpg (1125x848, 503K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1gd4_usFLKI
youtube.com/watch?v=DonwlhImpWs
youtube.com/watch?v=ExaL3xH0IiI
youtu.be/HtP6iHmRjso
youtube.com/watch?v=i7wpHcbsyFc&list=PLVkXXw2XLYtzBqFo-oBirsRWMCxZ2k_we
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No responses.

Always knew /mu was a bunch of pop radio tards.

OP, the album you posted is fucking amazing. Hands down one of the best releases Post-Rock has had in YEARS, next to Her Name is Calla - Animal Choir.

Thoughts on their two new singles? Their next album is going to be another concept album about the end of the world. Fuck yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=1gd4_usFLKI
youtube.com/watch?v=DonwlhImpWs

Attached: Her Name is Calla - Animal Choir.jpg (1200x1200, 463K)

Toundra could be something for you user, check them out

This isn't Post-Rock, but La Dispute has been borrowing a lot of Post-Rock elements in their new stuff. Thoughts bros?

youtube.com/watch?v=ExaL3xH0IiI

Attached: 1557464358889.png (714x1118, 1.23M)

what the fuck is post-rock

Wow this is a new low for post-rock threads
First the genre was being dragged through the mud when threads started off with Godspeed and Mogwai in the OP but now we have this garbage album being touted as revolutionary and great.

yikes and cringe

Based, love Animal Choir to death, wish it got talked about more

This is pretty normal for post rock. Not even close to the best album of the decade even in post rock. Although post rock is too broad of a genre.

Her name is calla is pretty great. This song always give me chills: youtu.be/HtP6iHmRjso

kill the self

There just isn't anything remotely interesting about this album dude, it's some of the most straight forward cookie cutter stuff you can hear. I don't mean that in an entirely bad way, but it's nothing to be touting around.
Here's an album released 7 years earlier that is essentially the exact same type of sound, like I said it isn't anything special.
youtube.com/watch?v=i7wpHcbsyFc&list=PLVkXXw2XLYtzBqFo-oBirsRWMCxZ2k_we
I don't know if it's the same person who always posts this album but I feel like it is since you always claim it's absolutely fucking amazing when that just isn't true.

I've always thunk that the mayority of Post-Rock bands are a little pretentious, however it is a genre that I enjoy quite a lot. My first encounter with the genre was with: If These Trees Could Talk - The Bones of a Dying world.
About the same time I also got splashed unto Math Rock and loved it as well.

Here's some post-rock albums to get you moving in the right direction of what the genre has to offer.

Attached: topsters2.png (1499x644, 559K)

ok

Ok.

Those who ride with giants

Not really pr per se but very good

no seriously what is post-rock

Basically instrumental rock....

Post rock just makes it sounds more craft beer appealing

>cringe

Opinion discarded.

Why don’t you do a complete 360 and moonwalk your ass outta here.

>reddit spacing
opinion discarded
why don't you do a complete 360 and moonwalk your ass outta here

doesn't sound like anything that'd interest me then
sad

Good shit, artwork is kino
Thanks OP

Please afficianado of all things sonic. Enlighten us with what I should be listening to. That’s what we’re here for anyhow

I already posted some great post-rock albums to check out. First 4 at least are really great, the other two aren't bad either but not quite as good.
But don't just listen to shit because I tell you to, listen to what you want to, I don't give a shit, music is about enjoying yourself and your own taste. Just don't make post-rock threads talking about how a pretty average album is AOTD if you don't want to get shit on.
Every time I've seen this album posted it's always with some text talking about how revolutionary it is when that's just straight up incorrect and silly

That album is so fucking bad and derivative. It's absolutely fucking atrocious.