Can you name a better band than queen Yea Forums?

Can you name a better band than queen Yea Forums?
Protip: you cant

Attached: SmartSelect_20190816-142107_Instagram.jpg (1065x674, 247K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=cPJUBQd-PNM
youtu.be/SoBMhx_ap_g
youtu.be/HzdjMLKKdgk
youtu.be/j1fQ6PAZrGg
youtu.be/rkHF_JMnB8o
youtu.be/LRfgNSCokmE
youtu.be/kE8kGMfXaFU
youtu.be/ZZyhS5beQc8
youtu.be/vf4UhPuwoGE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Shaggs

The bikini botton super band.Check this 5

>bands

he's not wrong tho

How would you refute this Yea Forums?

>I Queen cavalcarono due mode degli anni '70: l'hard-rock e il glam-rock. Lo fecero con scarsa originalita` (non erano certo uno dei complessi piu` originali e tecnicamente dotati dell'epoca) ma con enorme successo di pubblico.

Attached: 1563273254524.jpg (190x186, 6K)

>Being absolutely average at everyhing
>Greatest artist of all time
Sure thing bud. If thats a merit people care about you might aswell go listen to top40 that just sound barely listenable to as many people as possible, eg being bland as fuck.

Ween

based

>they helped pioneer [...] music in general
Queen invented music!!!

>Queen is the greatest band of all time.
>They helped pioneer Rock.

Queen is almost as overrated as the Beatles. True Rock pioneers were: Elvis, the Animals, and though it hurts to say it The Rolling Stones.

Also, Queen is Pop-Rock at best.

Attached: seven_samurai_movie_image_04.jpg (929x697, 238K)

limp Bizkit

>elvis
>true rock pioneer

is this advanced bait?

Your post is equally stupid as the one in OP's pic.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=cPJUBQd-PNM

The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, pretty much any other A-list band is better than Queen. I find that when defending Queen, people always have to fall back on praising the band's technical ability, rather than their albums or songs, which were generally lacking

Unironically this. The Mollusk is better than any Queen album

>pioneer music in general
really made me think

Realistically from a music influence point of view it has to be TVU. It's inarguable.

The Fresh Beat Band

>They helped pioneer rock
In the 70s and 80s? Rock had been around for decades at that point. You can't "pioneer" something that already exists.
>Brian May is extremely underrated
You're joking, right?
>Name another band who can play every single genre of music and sound incredible
What genres of music did Queen play other than 1) hard rock and 2) pop rock?

Attached: 1554237233791.png (360x552, 236K)

Basatto

this is what gay people believe. That movie brainwashed the normie hivemind the way Bowie himself did. Even worse they probably have not listened to their discography, hell i’d be impressed if they have listened to anything else than a greatest hits

>Name another band that can play every single genre of music and sound incredible
I don't remember Queen playing anything else than generic pop-rock. I'd love to see them play a gangsta rap or power electronics show tho.

Basato e rossopillolato

Most bands

Their 4 or 5 biggest hits are fantastic. Everything else though is garbage and cringe.

>May, Taylor and Deacon are all average musicians at best
>Lead singer was a flamboyantly gay showman
>They didn't innovate; just made easy listening pop rock and arena rock hits specifically for radio, movie soundtracks, and even sporting events. it was a mediocre band that pandered in all the right places, and then gained the mystique of le dead lead singer during his peak.

queen was nothing special, like most of the junk you hear on classic rock radio stations.

>What genres of music did Queen play other than 1) hard rock and 2) pop rock?
Progressive rock
youtu.be/SoBMhx_ap_g
youtu.be/HzdjMLKKdgk
Rockabilly
youtu.be/j1fQ6PAZrGg
Punkish something
youtu.be/rkHF_JMnB8o
Disco
youtu.be/LRfgNSCokmE
Folk rock
youtu.be/kE8kGMfXaFU
Blues
youtu.be/ZZyhS5beQc8
Heavy metal
youtu.be/vf4UhPuwoGE

Went with some less common examples because there's a very widespread misconception that the singles are the only Queen songs worth checking out

Attached: hank slappy.png (303x430, 25K)

this shit is terrible, do they even have their own sound?

>Prophet's Song
>terrible
Do you even have your own opinions?

Black Sabbath.

Also

playing "every single genre of music" < playing a handful of genres so well that you redefine and further develop them

Attached: 1564706421126.png (508x553, 194K)

>Queen is almost as overrated as the Beatles
Queen are far more overrated than the Beatles. The Beatles were actually important.

I can name quite a few bands that are better. I had all of these new Queen fans, because they saw a mediocre movie. They think they "discovered" Queen, when some of us have been listening to them a long ass time. And now over-inflating their influence and standing.
Queen had an impact. When you have guys like Extreme, Metallica and GnR citing them as influences, you kind of get an idea there was something good there. And production-wise, Roy Thomas Baker's best work, hands down.
But they started slipping hard after Jazz. They went pop - and got rich doing it, but their early stuff is better.

And I sound like that dude in American Psycho, so I'm gonna shut the fuck up now.

Hate all the new Queen fans. I can has type.

Queen is the MCU of music.
It's hugely popular and influenced people, but it never said anything, changed anything, or pushed the envelope. Also the early stuff was better than the later stuff.