Genres that are mostly shit but when they're good they're GOOD

>genres that are mostly shit but when they're good they're GOOD
nu metal

Attached: 71evvXg3crL._SL1440_.jpg (1440x1440, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=938oWfsIyIc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Most nu metal is actually good, there is some shit, bt I never heard the shit everyone makes it out to be.
Also, Korn's debut is far better.

>Most nu metal is actually good
lol no

Korn's debut is definitely an example of nu metal being GOOD. A lot of nu metal that came out of its peak were cheap imitations of that which is why a lot of nu metal is shit. Same is the case for post rock. You have to dig deep to find the really good stuff but a few of the popular albums are great tier.

I will respect those 2s and stop being an asshole and instead be honest; that yes, most of nu metal wasn't that great, I'll just recommend more nu metal albums I think are good
>Two first Slipknot albums, and the most recent one
>Snot - Get Some
>Arguably, first few Limp Bizkit albums, the first two, still guilty pleasures
>Around The Fur, of course
>Life Is Peachy and Issues
>Velcra - Consequences Of Disobedience and also Between Force and Fate
Nu Metal can be damn good. Shame what it became.

Attached: 1560443533082.jpg (286x357, 71K)

We are saying the same thing

All the bands that are still remembered today were good.

>Life Is Peachy
Life Is Peachy is one of the worst pieces of shit I've ever listened to.

Attached: System-of-a-Down-Hypnotize.jpg (1080x720, 500K)

>nu metal is shit

When will this meme end?

>Snot - Get Some
Hello fellow man of taste

I can't imagine how much you must weigh and and how bad you must smell

Yeah, I did agree.
It's still pretty good, It isn't consistent but some songs on it are great.
Far more alt.metal than nu metal

i wouldn't really call them nu metal, but yeah they're good

Being a nu metal elitist is more teenager than liking nu metal in general. You're not special by echoing the same opinion rymtards circlejerk over. Get that stick out of your ass and maybe you won't be so ashamed of admitting that the genre isn't completely shit.

Nu metal is the only metal I can stomach tbqh.

We are saying the same thing

impressive

what are yourfavorite nu metal albums?
can i get a chart?
Let's make a "good nu metal" chart.

You want a deftones chart?

Attached: ua8bNE0.jpg (1200x1200, 88K)

I don't want the "I suck dicks of RYM". Of people who pretend only Deftones made good Nu Metal, just because they are the only ones who are hipster approved.

This is Alt Metal

Name another good nu metal band, then, faggot

Korn
Slipknot
Limp Bizkit
Linkin Park

Slipknot
Korn
Snout
Velcra
Flapjack
Nothingface
Mudvayne
Limp Bizkit.

>I suck Scaruffi's dick

when numetal was good it was really good, but the bad stuff was SO fucking bad that it overrides everything else. Also, the fact that nu-metal spawned both emo and post-grunge (Nickleback, Creed, Staind etc were all popular at the same time as Limp Bizkit and had some similarities to the nu-metal sound) make it an overall crime against music. Could we have done without Deftones if it meant we'd never have had to suffer Fear Factory, Saliva, Coal Chamber, Static X, Mudvayne, Korn turning dubstep? I think yes.

I like Bowie, so no.
I also never heard of Scarrufi praising Snout or Velcra, if he has, I dunno, I pay no attention to him.

Nu metal didn't inspire post-grunge, Grunge itself did that, how is that so hard to understand.
Emo? You do realize Emo was a thing for fucking ages? The Emo-Pop genre had nothing to do with nu-metal either, they share nothing in common musically.

>nu-metal spawned both emo and post-grunge
Lol, no. Post grunge literally came from grunge and sounds nothing like nu metal. And assuming you're talking about the emo pop of the 2000s that came from punk, and it still gave us great albums like The Black Parade or Under The Cork Tree.

Nu metal inspired Rites of Spring?

based

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 13.04.17.png (312x410, 55K)

Scaruffi didn't even rate Linkin Park

>Korn
I don't like Jonathan Davis' vocals. He sounds like he is crying.

youtube.com/watch?v=938oWfsIyIc

>Nickleback, Creed, Staind etc were all popular at the same time as Limp Bizkit and had some similarities to the nu-metal sound
How? What the fuck are you talking about?
>Fear Factory
The Industrial Metal band? Why are we talking about them? How do they come into this discussion? What?
Kek, he was just backpedalling like everyone was
I like that about him, I like how raw and emotional he sounds.

maybe didn't create the genre or inspire the music, but it paved the way for its commercial popularity. You had all these suburban kids with eye make up and black t-shirts, and as nu-metal declined emo filled the gap in the market by offering them """""heavy""""" and angsty music. Same with post grunge. Staind were both nu metal and post grunge, as were Puddle of Mudd. Trust me kid, I was there.
Take Lostprophets. First album was nu metal. Subsequent albums were emo. Fake Sound of Progress had a dj in the video. Last Train Home had keyboards for that more "tender" sound. Same band, milking (lol) two different trends.
Nu metal bridged the gap between Nirvana and My Chemical Romance.

>maybe didn't create the genre or inspire the music, but it paved the way for its commercial popularity
No, it didn't, Nirvana inspired for Post-Grunge, Pop-Punk did for Emo-Pop, it's not complicated.
>and as nu-metal declined emo filled the gap in the market by offering them """""heavy""""" and angsty music.
No one ever had the pretension of these genres being heavy (Post-Grunge, Emo Pop)
>Take Lostprophets. First album was nu metal. Subsequent albums were emo.
They were never Emo, in any fucking capacity.
>Nu metal bridged the gap between Nirvana and My Chemical Romance.
Fuck you. I can't believe I've just read that. You have no idea what Emo is, even.

Deftones fucking suck, hipster bullshit, listen to Korn like a man

They don't suck, but I do dislike how hipster-approved they are, how masturbated they are over, it's retarded.

MCR is trve emo man you really are a musical historian !!!!!

>Fear Factory
ok maybe a bad example, I'd say Papa Roach were/are far more heinous, but I stand by my point that bad nu metal outweighs good nu metal. And yeah, all of those bands got heavy rotation on Kerrang! which was basically the main place people watched nu metal videos at the time. Part of the same cultural movement even if they don't sound exactly the same.

Wow, really got you ticked off. Kinda funny to watch nu-metal fans rage about their hip-hop inspired, Scaruffi approved and ultimately impotent genre.

Avant fucker for me

Attached: 1544382054576s.jpg (124x125, 3K)

I don't even like nu-metal that much, it was just a reaction towards someone who has no idea how the genre developed, to say Post-Grunge/Emo-pop came from Nu Metal is false, so I called it out.
Yeah Papa Roach sucked. I like Insect fine, I guess, after that, they became even awful, but they also lost their Nu Metal and became Alt Metallic, funnily enough, the more Alt Metal they became the shittier they became.
The shittiest Nu Metal band that comes to my mind is probably Disturbed or Drowning Pool

Holy shit you guys are so fucking triggered by this band

read what I wrote, I didn't say it inspired the music, but helped it get popular. And yes, it was considered "heavy" by people who listened to pop, rap and indie music, but not by "true metal" fans obviously.
Tell me what "true Emo" is so I can educate myself, but you must see at least some thread between grunge, pop punk, nu metal and emo, at least in their mainstream appeal?

>Disturbed
yeah, I for some reason always confuse those two. Disturbed were god awful, offensively bad, FF weren't really nu metal at all.

You should listen to some FF, they are an amazing Industrial Metal, Demanufacture and Obsolete are great, they're classics basically, I recommend. Nothing to really do with nu metal

Not him but how the hell does any nu metal band mentioned in this thread sound anything like a middle ground between Nirvana and My Chemical Romance? The only overlap between the audience of nu metal and "emo" at the time I can think of was Linkin Park, and even that's a stretch, because the people who listened to both were mostly emo kids who also happened to like Linkin Park, not "reformed" nu metal fans.

>Tell me what "true Emo" is so I can educate myself
Real Emo" only consists of the dc Emotional Hardcore scene and the late 90's Screamo scene. What is known by "Midwest Emo" is nothing but Alternative Rock with questionable real emo influence. When people try to argue that bands like My Chemical Romance are not real emo, while saying that Sunny Day Real Estate is, I can't help not to cringe because they are just as fake emo as My Chemical Romance (plus the pretentiousness). Real emo sounds ENERGETIC, POWERFUL and somewhat HATEFUL. Fake emo is weak, self pity and a failed attempt to direct energy and emotion into music. Some examples of REAL EMO are Pg 99, Rites of Spring, Cap n Jazz (the only real emo band from the midwest scene) and Loma Prieta. Some examples of FAKE EMO are American Football, My Chemical Romance and Mineral

Emo.