Why do philosophers say that women have no talent for art and can't be genius?

Why do philosophers say that women have no talent for art and can't be genius?
I beg to differ.

Attached: Joanna Newsom.jpg (1080x1440, 142K)

Other urls found in this thread:

d.umn.edu/~tbacig/cst1010/chs/woolfe.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Different times

>philosophers
you misspelled /pol/

No one gives a shit about winemom-core.

>Um big oof sweetie. I mean yikes. I mean OMG I love Joanna newsom so muc!

>the pathetic concerted effort to stop Joanna Newsom from being the queen of Yea Forums

Attached: 1475339233578.gif (205x221, 2.4M)

van dyke parks is a man as i recall

If you mean Schopenhauer, then know that he said he ought to reconsider some of his views after having his bust made by female sculptor.

That being said, I still think female genius is much rarer, because women in general cannot into weaponized autism.

Joanna is an obvious exception. The idea still holds

Reminder that when people say her voice is an 'acquired taste', it's because it's shite.

>weaponized autism
Water is coming out of my eyes but im not sad

go back newfriendo

Because those philosophers lived centuries or millennia ago in extremely patriarchal societies which prevented women from having any sort of public life, property rights or indeed any kind of rights at all. Philosophers often simply create Panglossian metaphysical justifications for whatever status quo is in the society they inhabit. Of course women are just as capable of creating art as men, this should have been obvious even to ancient people with such examples as pic related.

I don't think autism is helpful when creating art. Creating art (at least good art) requires channelling your emotions; something autists are not particularly good at. Regardless, the higher rate of autism among males may be more due to the fact that our society encourages women and discourages men from being in touch with their emotions. It hasn't always been this way, and isn't true across all societies. It's easy to imagine that in some societies in history autism would have been more prevalent among females than males.

Attached: index.jpg (228x221, 7K)

>philosophers
You mean incels on Yea Forums? I can't imagine...

Read a book.

Naw dog, philosophers. You know, like Stefan Molyneux, Julius Evola, and Red Skull.

>Bogs your path
you misunderstand autism. autism is exactly inability convey emotions in conventional way. autists do have emotions and sometimes excessive emotions.

Attached: sophie.jpg (790x395, 37K)

Brainlets.
Basically all relevant philosophers from Plato to Nietzsche have a very negative view on women.

>autism is exactly inability convey emotions in conventional way. autists do have emotions and sometimes excessive emotions.
How can you channel emotion into art if you're unable convey emotions? I guess you implied that they can convey emotions in an unconventional way, e.g. through art, but have there really been many (any) autistic composers?

>Philosophers often simply create Panglossian metaphysical justifications for whatever status quo is in the society they inhabit.
Many philosophers and scientists have been burned at the stake or killed in other ways for their questioning of the religious dogmas established in the society they lived in.

W A Mozart

you can't diagnose dead people. find me one example of a composer who was diagnosed as autistic while they were still alive by a psychologist or psychiatrist.

>Many philosophers and scientists have been burned at the stake or killed in other ways
Name one (other than Socrates).

Hikari Oe
but overall autism diagnoses only appeared in 21st century. David Byrne is on the spectrum.

they were all women, men just stole their inventions/creations after and erased them from history. Even burning at stake was erased as most blasphemers and witches were just hanged according to written sources.

Isn't she the exception to the rule though

>Hikari Oe
>literally who
I've never heard of him, and his music sounds like complete trash. I'm not sure this helps your thesis.

Giordano Bruno

Glenn Gould. Granted he's mostly known for his particularly great interpretations of Bach, he still composed music other than that.

he died before autism even a thing

really if you wanted to find someone diagnosed, you should look at zoomers, but they are too young to compose shit.

Okay, that's fair. But at the bottom of the page there is a link to a list of executed philosophers. There are 22 in total on the page. By comparison, there are several thousand philosophers with Wikipedia pages. Now we can assume that some of those 22 were not killed for their ideas, but for a crime, or for a religious offence, for for being the victim of a genocide etc. So I can and will fully accept that in all those thousands of philosophers there are a handful who voiced ideas that really challenged the societies they lived in, but that is a poor reflection on philosophy as an academic discipline.
>Whether Gould's behaviour fell within the autism spectrum has been the subject of debate.[9] The diagnosis was first suggested by psychiatrist Peter Ostwald, a friend of Gould's, in the 1997 book Glenn Gould: The Ecstasy and Tragedy of Genius.[65]
>diagnosed as autistic while they were still alive by a psychologist or psychiatrist.

>Eliot
>Dickinson
>Shikibu
>Shonagon
>Bronte (only Emily)
>Austen
>O'Connor
>Lispector
Incels are missing out, although they probably think George Eliot was a man.

Also Woolf

tits or gtfo

women today are the same as they were back then.

Julia Holter might not be a genius but she’s very talented

>Creating art (at least good art) requires channelling your emotions
Wrong. Art does not need an emotional context and you'd be dead wrong to stipulate any fixed boundaries for what art or even "good art" is.

>Creating art (at least good art) requires channelling your emotions
sauce?

You cannot make art if you don't feel emotions, because you wouldn't feel the need to. Post some art that wasn't made with any emotions involved whatsoever.

why are you projecting emotion onto a sound object? human are psychological agents, not artwork.

"The aesthetic mode of life is one where the individual is solely concerned with personal satisfaction. It is not bound by any sense of communal or ethic duty, and therefore the aesthetic is also a deeply subjective form of existence. The aesthete is someone who thrives on a constant renewal of activities, on sensual experiences and pleasures, whether that is derived from the appreciation of a piece of music, a painting, the natural world, other people’s physical beauty or intellectual subjects"

pleasure seeking =/= emotion channeling

t. sophist

big ideology (tm)

Art can solely be an intellectual exercise with no intention of, or attention paid to, the emotional resonance it may have, haughty conceptual artworks come to mind where the point is not the emotional context (the Fountain being a joke, yes, admittedly it's not the best example) but the intellectual point being made - so much so that the evoking of any feeling is more or less irrelevant to the point of the work.

Attached: larger.jpg (1024x997, 67K)

>when you write a detailed 200 word response to a post then accidentally close the tab and it's deleted
just kill me now

All those artists suck and only write about gay shit like emotions and relationships, George R. R. Martin is better because he writes about epic shit like dragons and war. Women BTFO, LOL.

Obvious bait but what about Shikibu?

I guess pic unrelated.
Talent is not moaning in utterly annoying voice

>muh historical opression
Did you know a lot books were written by men in prison. Consolation of Philosophy, etc. If dudes on deathrow could do it, women could manage. Should also be mentioned the patriarchal catholic church produced plenty of female thinkers.

They also have negative opinions on their fellow men. Plato wanting Philosopher Kings and Nietzsche with his overman.

it's actually christian existentialism

>Did you know a lot books were written by men in prison
Lots of books have been written by women throughout history too, what's your point?

Regardless, different forms of oppression are not necessarily exactly the same. Being imprisoned doesn't hamper your ability to write if you are afforded access to writing materials, whereas being denied education, denied publishing and discouraged from writing books from a young age does.

cuz they're right

I want to cum in her

kino femoid artists

>joanna newsom
>grimes
>nico
>lush duo
>kate bush
>elizabeth fraser
>st vincent(early albums ONLY)
>Hope sandoval

besides these and like 10 more gook and chink femoids the entire female gender is devoid of talent

Where's Bjork you jerk

damn I forgot her
+ bjork(early albums only)

>Hope Sandoval
based

um, sweetie, let me just stop you there. here is the objective list of good '''''''femoid''''''' artists:
Adriana Hölszky, Allison Cameron, Amy Beach, Ana-Maria Avram, Annea Lockwood, Annette Schlünz, Annie Gosfield, Augusta Read Thomas, Barbara Benary, Barbara Strozzi, Bianca Maria Meda, Carla Bley, Carla Kihlstedt, Caroline Shaw, Cecile Chaminade, Charlotte Moorman, Chaya Czernowin, Chen Yi, Clara Schumann, Cécile Charminade, Daphne Oram, Delia Derbyshire, Diamanda Galás, Dobrinka Tabakova, Edith Canat De Chizy, Elena Mendoza, Eliane Radigue, Eliza Brown, Élizabeth-Claude Jacquet de la Guerre, Elizabeth Lutyens, Elizabeth Maconchy, Ellen Fullman, Ellen Taaffe Zwilich, Elodie Lauten, Ethel Smyth, Eve Beglarian, Fanny Mendelssohn, Frances-Marie Uitti, Francesca Caccini, Gabriela Lena Frank, Galina Ustvolskaya, Germaine Tailleferre, Gloria Coates, Grażyna Bacewicz, Ha-Yang Kim, Haco, Helena Tulve, Hildegard von Bingen, Ikue Mori, Isabella Leonarda, Jeanne Lee, Jennifer Walshe, Jenny Scheinman, Jessica Pavone, Jin Hi Kim, Joan La Barbara, Joan Tower, Johanna M. Beyer, Judith Weir, Julia Wolfe, Kaffe Matthews, Kaija Saariaho, Kassia, Lera Auerbach, Lili Boulanger, Liza Lim, Lois V Vierk, Louise Farrenc, Louise Talma, Maja Ratkje, Margaret Bonds, Maria Szymanowska, Marian Zazeela, Mary Halvorson, Mary Lou Williams, Maryanne Amacher, Matana Roberts, Meredith Monk, Michiyo Yagi, Miya Masaoka, Nadia Boulanger, Nina Senk, Okkyung Lee, Olga Neuwirth, Pamela Z, Pauline Oliveros, Peggy Glanville-Hicks, Rebecca Clarke, Rebecca Saunders, Regina Carter, Rosa Giacinta Badalla, Ruth Crawford Seeger, Sachiko M, Sainkho Namtchylakv, Sarah Kirkland Snider, Satoko Fujii, Sheila Silver, Sofia Gubaidulina, Sofia Jernberg, Susie Ibarra, Thea Musgrave, Theresa Wong, Unsuk Chin, Vítězslava Kaprálová, Wendy Carlos, Wu Fei, Wu Man, Yoko Ono and Zeena Parkins.

As always, if there are any artists here you don't recognise then you have no business posting on a music board.

if you think women are at the same level of intelligence as men you should go out and talk to women

I have done, and have met some very intelligent women.

t. Never payed attention to any of her lyrics
She wrote a song about time travelling soldiers who fight past versions of themselves. And it's brilliant.

your academic circle of friends doesn't count

why not?

btfo

u must just not be a very smart man lol

are you dumb? if i only have friends at harvard i'm not gonna have many retarded friends am i?

so you're telling me that I should go and find stupid people in order to judge the intelligence of all women? doesn't your harvard education tell you about selection bias?

Exactly, how did all those women write books if they were so oppressed retard. Life was bad back then for everyone so don't get pissy women did not succeed more.

no you should find the average. it's pretty simple

Lots of students at Harvard are retarded.

ITT dumb, philosophically retarded, feminine men

t. rejected by harvard

I think you're a liar.

harvard tier btfo

Sometimes people overcome oppression, sometimes they are extremely privileged in other ways that counterbalances oppression. For instance, many early women writers were nobility (e.g. Shikibu) and so had a lot of free time that wasn't taken up by work or child care.

Life was bad for most people. No doubt it was terrible to be a dirt poor peasant man, but it was worse to be a dirt poor peasant woman as in addition to grinding poverty you also have to contend with being the private property of your husband and not having any legal recourse to a divorce if he beats you or rapes you. Equally, while it was good to be an aristocratic woman, it was better to be an aristocratic man as you have the legal right to property and again, you have legal rights where your spouse had none.

I think this essay best articulates exactly what kind of discouragement from artistic and scientific pursuits that women have experienced:
d.umn.edu/~tbacig/cst1010/chs/woolfe.html

No one can tell me Miles Davis wasn’t autistic.
Even Ornette Coleman showed signs of autism

>Grimes
>St. Vincent

Attached: 1564334659675.png (358x418, 246K)

I go to Yale. Much better school.

Saying women can't be musical geniuses proves that you're a complete retard with no knowledge of music history or history in general and should go back to your faggot incel boards to talk shit about females with your incel buddies to make yourself feel better for being a pathetic, talentless waste of space.

Listen to Fiona Apple.

Only incels and reactionary trash say that

this but unironically

Basic Yea Forums taste
>art pop and shoegaze, ebin
Predictable. Branch out.

>absurdly emotional, angry post
yikes
>fiona apple
>double yikes

Women aren't really meant for it.

im too old and depressed now
i listen to the same 50 albums for years now

Lots of philosophers have a masculine introverted rational function as a savior, which means their complimentary feminine extroverted rational function is very difficult. In a fixed mindset, we throw our difficult functions onto others and then attack them for it. These "philosophers" literally just beat up women because they're afraid of their own feminine shadows.
Sam Harris, Jordan Peterson, and Elon Musk all have M-Ti as a savior. When F-Fe as a demon comes out in a growth mindset, you see it as teaching the tribe in a very nurturing way. Obama and Bill Gates are good examples, even JBP to an extent, though he doesn't realize his ideas dont reflect "truth."

>Why do philosophers say that women have no talent for art and can't be genius?
Because women can't sublimate.They can't repress their primitive sexuality and channel it into something artistic or productive.

Wrong

guess I have been BTFOed by facts and logic, how will I ever recover

Calm down incel

Hey man you responded

>implying women exist
>implying this thread is even about women