Useless bass?

Before getting into music production, I didn't even remark that there was a bass on most of the music I listened too, because they are so low.

Why do music producers put a bass on their tracks if most people don't even notice them? What's the purpose?

Attached: ce4b923c949d43feae8411ed839b5ecf--hiphop-beats.jpg (517x720, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ewc1hixzYPY
youtube.com/watch?v=oxzeDpBvxv4
youtu.be/0xrZ61cuKLk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you should probably get your hearing tested

Stop listening to music through your laptop speakers

For example :
youtube.com/watch?v=ewc1hixzYPY

If you pay extreme, extreme, EXTREME attention, there is a bass, that follows the pattern in pic related. Did you hear it the first time?

Attached: MADVILLAINBASS.png (1241x230, 122K)

Thanks user, I will.

What affordable material would you recommend to listen to my music?

I actually thought the same thing when it was 2001 and I listened mostly to nu metal.

bass is often only heard by bass players lol.

seriously I used to play in a band where everyone was on guitar and nobody wanted bass,it sounds thin without bass.

youtube.com/watch?v=oxzeDpBvxv4

Another track where I never heard the bass until recently.

What's the purpose?

there would be a noticable gap of air between guitar/etc and the drums. Bass, while sometimes very subtle, bridges it for the human brain.

it is perfectly audible here. wtf are you smoking?

Not before 1 minute, yet there is also a bass before that. Around 3:20 it again becomes unnoticeable, even though there is still a bass going on.

Please stop listening or making music. With such a bad ear you are probably making bad judgements on the music of others on sites like RYM and making trash music yourself. Just stop

Tell him to stop listening to music point blank. This dude clearly has a very bad ear, and no amount of ear training will help him, unfortunately

ITT: wtf i can’t hear bass on my shitty airpods that roll off everything below 100hz?????

Airpods would be costly to me lol.

The bass is very pronounced on this song through speakers, otherwise it's subtle. It's also weaker on a 240p quality youtube version.
The bass so audible on this don't know what you're on about.

>The bass so audible on this don't know what you're on about.
when not op btw

in some music the bass is just playing a root note,,, in other music it may be the central instrument....regardless, a "fully produced" song without bass would sound bad.

that's a sub bass used to pump up the otherwise grainy melody. many songs using bass guitar, double bass or other synth basses will not reach notes near that low.

You might not quite notice it, but once you remove it it sounds wrong.

Attached: intersection1.jpg (600x845, 192K)

Nowadays great bass players get way more attention than great guitarists. No one cares how fast you can shred anymore since everyone can fucking do it.

youtu.be/0xrZ61cuKLk

Bass isn't always noticeable, but the lack of bass is very noticeable. Your music wont have the same oomf and power to it.

Also go get some decent headphones or speakers. Just spend more than $30 and you'll hear bass clear as day

OP has tiny testicles. Bass is the best part of music but you probably just aren’t “feeling it” all the way

/thread