Let's settle this

So, Yea Forums, which one is it?

Attached: PicsArt_08-12-02.56.43.png (2048x1024, 2.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/18468609/r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes

For me, it's Selling England by a country mile, though And You and I is easily as good as any track on CTTE.

How can you compare the two

The problem is that on CTTE, the title track drags hard, and feels really padded and with far less to say than, say, Supper's Ready. It has its own epic bits, but they don't scrape the highs of Firth of Fifth or The Cinema Show.

And You And I is god-tier, literally a perfect track, arguably the greatest prog track of all time.

Siberian is like a shittier Roundabout with less interesting instrumentation.

Meanwhile, there are tracks on Selling like Dance with the Moonlit Knight, I Know What I Like, More Fool me, Epping Forest, and After The Ordeal, none of which have any analogue on CTTE.

That said, I think Fragile vs Selling is a much, much closer comparison. That transition from Mood For A Day into Heart Of The Sunrise never gets old.

They're both largely seen as their bands respective artistic pinnacles, the last albums before their stuff got over-wrought and a little too self-derivative.

SELLING ENGLAND BY THE POUND ALL THE WAY
FUCK JON ANDERSON AND TONY KAYE
SELLING ENGLAND BY THE POUND ALL THE WAY
FUCK JON ANDERSON AND TONY KAYE

Just listened to them back to back, how is there even a fucking comparison? Selling England is on such a different level compared to CTTE that it's like comparing Sonic Youth to Weezer.

Close To The Edge is way beyond

Rick Wakeman's Six wives are better than all Yes albums

Neither.

Attached: lp-vinil-yes-tales-from-topographic-oceans-novo-encomenda-D_NQ_NP_921699-MLB27767126907_072018-F.jpg (1200x1200, 274K)

literally tried to post this and got a duplicate image error

based talesanon

Yeah, but then you have to compare it to Lamb, which is a much much tighter comparison.

Well only one of them gives you advice on caring for your yardwork equipment

>literally the greatest music ever produced by mankind, capable of causing you to feel a wide range of emotions in just a few minutes vs. boring boomer shit and muh politics

strawpoll.me/18468609/r

>Genesis's pinnacle
>not Foxtrot
You're joking right?

for me it's islands

Attached: 51BKkfWW-hL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 30K)

This album was 20 minutes too long. Remove some of the padding and it is a masterpiece

Honestly Genesis never really sounded as unique as Yes did. By Fragile, Yes truly crafted a groovy upbeat style all their own mostly thanks to Bill and Chris’s amazing rhythm section, while if I didn’t know any better I could mistake a Genesis composition for the work of a multitude of other prog bands

CTTE is overrated and not even the best Yes album, but Genesis is complete trash.
Islands, Octopus and Tubular Bells >>> either of these

yes fucking sucks desu