Is it wrong to listen to videogame music?

I happen to enjoy videogaming soundtracks, I listen to this kind of stuff

youtu.be/RD4r8ufspg0
youtu.be/E8e19xlb7mM
youtu.be/z3cmmrikfCU
youtu.be/5sN2DpfOhTo

Attached: 145794.webm (600x336, 1.46M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AOwNv7kp4Oo
youtube.com/watch?v=L3zJ15bC19I
youtube.com/watch?v=VkEQpSoUDJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jn9diPxIjZA
youtube.com/watch?v=RGA4PilHdr0
youtube.com/watch?v=ugo6ASPVu9g
youtube.com/watch?v=5Lp0GJNTRV0
youtube.com/watch?v=jh0Hb0ZyYTU
youtube.com/watch?v=4y9FrVX2gN4
youtube.com/watch?v=a46YJGFLG6k
youtube.com/watch?v=QAA6hq9RL-4
youtube.com/watch?v=AaXsb5kS31s
youtu.be/I4oXOpWiFEg
youtu.be/Xhy3G7-2fcY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's cringe, but it isn't wrong.

only what I like is good

based

Yes.
Lol what a fag.

You have autism desu

>Not posting the full webm

Attached: Soy.webm (960x540, 2.32M)

only listening to video game music is a dead ringer for the fact that you intake music passively based on what youre forced to hear, but theres nothing wrong with enjoying some of it. just know its probably more comparable to ambient or easy listening music than classical

It's music, don't listen to these try hard edgy 16 year olds. Koji kondo and soyo oka are the shit. Same with marty o donnel

You're never gonna make it if you care what other people think, especially people from this dumpster fire. Turn that shit up, bro

It means you're an incel.

Yes. It automatically means your taste is a peg below most. It's similar to if someone likes all the shit they hear based on the trash that's spoonfed to them en mass like the top rap or pop garbage being shit out like that fucking Old Town Road song.

You literally have no taste if you seek video game music for any other reason other than nostalgic purposes.

This is like an ever expanding nesting hellscape of chaos, I feel geuinely terrified, my eyes don't know where to focus and no matter where I look there's chaos.

it's just music. the medium doesn't matter

this could be true if the video game music you listen to is only form games you've played before.

It's only bad if you ONLY listen to video game music. There's no hope for you if you also listen to anime soundtracks and fucking nightcore. That's pretty much admitting "I don't actually like music and only like things I already know." There's nothing wrong with it if you listen to it in addition to other music. And in fact, one of my guilty pleasures is some old Christian rock band I found through an old PS2 game, SLAI.

dis

and it's even more cringe to ask if it's ok lmao, how beta can a person be

It depends. Most video game music is just shittier versions of regular music.

>can listen to any xenoblade track
>listens to one of the most inane, annoying tracks
it may not be wrong, but you are

Attached: chad.png (300x200, 67K)

youtube.com/watch?v=AOwNv7kp4Oo
youtube.com/watch?v=L3zJ15bC19I
youtube.com/watch?v=VkEQpSoUDJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jn9diPxIjZA
youtube.com/watch?v=RGA4PilHdr0
youtube.com/watch?v=ugo6ASPVu9g
youtube.com/watch?v=5Lp0GJNTRV0
youtube.com/watch?v=jh0Hb0ZyYTU
youtube.com/watch?v=4y9FrVX2gN4
youtube.com/watch?v=a46YJGFLG6k
youtube.com/watch?v=QAA6hq9RL-4
youtube.com/watch?v=AaXsb5kS31s

Music is just sounds, the context is irrelevant

not if it's the streets of rage 2 soundtrack

absolutely based post

Nice

based and relativist pilled.

yes

Haven't heard it

only good game soundtracks are Jeremy Soule

If you treat "Video Game Music" as its own genre, you're limiting it quite a lot. VGM can represent a bunch of different styles, so the best way to listen to it is by applying it to genres you already listen to. Incorporate it into non soundtrack music you listen to. Listen to OSTs of games you haven't played like you listen to albums of bands you've never heard of.
Also, here's the best video game soundtracks.

Attached: Soundtracks.jpg (3264x3264, 855K)

I’ve been listening to OSTs for games I’ve never played before like Shovel Knight and Ape Escape. am I cool now?

also the soundtracks for Shining Force 1&2 and Super Mario RPG are some of the best old school vidya osts

what if I’m just trying to explore and catch up on the music released over the past 10 years?

Who the hell cares, listen to what you want

>DKC2
based
Stickerbrush Symphony is the jam

youtu.be/I4oXOpWiFEg
this claps

Forest Interlude is better
youtu.be/Xhy3G7-2fcY

I mean... It's still music. It's not wrong to listen to music.

I don’t know about better, but it is definitely a good track too. Super Nintendo had a lot of great soundtracks.

I made a track sampling SS once, I should get around to actually finishing it one of these days.

>murine corps

Patrician taste my nigger

>no dark souls or bloodborne music
Makes me want to go to church sometimes.

Also shoutout to Patapon.

pleb

True