/avant/ general

Place to post Avant-Garde, outsider and other left-field music. Today's general discuss is this album. So, is it really a groundbreaking masterpiece or not? Your thoughts and should this really be classified as "Rock"?

May Sun Ra be with you.

Attached: 1543175101972s.jpg (125x123, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

smdatm.bandcamp.com/track/n-p
youtube.com/watch?v=Uozdq19g9xs
youtube.com/watch?v=XTPTyVYvzOM
youtube.com/watch?v=aW_hmyEWq0M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

idk if it's groundbreaking or whatever, but it's definitely a very enjoyable album for me
this is the kind of avant-garde I like - unpretentious with the right balance of catchy melodies and experimentation

Penis-garde for your post-rock vagina

Despite the weirdness, it's still rock, just pushing the boundaries of what that label truly means as far as Beefheart can take it. It still used a traditional guitar band line up, just totally, radically different.

Other than that, there's nothing quite like it, still not now, and especially not then. There's a reason it was massively influential to so many of the punk and post-punk bands.

What did he mean by this?

this is the most vanilla piece of garbage "avant-garde" album in existence you stupid cunt. youre not special for liking this pile of garbage

I know you think hating popular things makes you special, but it just makes you retarded

LOL LE EPIC TROUT MASK REPLICA. I LUV RANDUMB MUSIC LIEK FRANK ZAPPA, MR BUNGLE, SOAD, AND WEEN

/savant/ general

penis penis penis penis penis penis

possibly the worst album cover ever
refuse to give it a chance just because of the awfulness of that image

please I need more bands like Sun City Girls

based

It's definitely rock music, no doubt about it. Groundbreaking? Definitely. Masterpiece? While I really like it, my only problem with it is that it feels a bit too long after a while. Other than that, it's quite enjoyable after you get into it. I needed a few listens to truly appreciate it. A great recommendation for any fan of prog/avant-garde/weird music.

dl link?

Where my lowercase boys at?

Attached: R-654987-1169485342.jpeg.jpg (600x583, 81K)

smdatm.bandcamp.com/track/n-p

>it feels a bit too long after a while
well, it IS a long album
I do think it manages to make every song sound distinct and the a capella tracks are nice breathers

Nice stuff. Has a 4 Rooms vibe too it.

Yes, it is a groundbreaking masterpiece and in the top 10 albums of all time (as well as top 5 rock albums). It should be classified as experimental rock although it certainly has jazz/blues/experimental veins running through it

Avant-garde isn't art.
Listen to real music with a discernable beat and a coherent melody like Grimes, not this ersatz shit.

stop baiting, christgau, noone here cares about your boomer ass

>it feels a bit too long after a while
after enough listens it totally plagues your listening habits. sometimes i can't stand not to be hearing the album.

Lame ass

yeah it's oddly catchy, isn't it? some parts just pop up in my head at random moments

If you think Mr. Bungle are random you're either A) Anthony Kiedis or B) Fucking autistic. I think the ladder.

I just posted cause everyone heard it, and it's a good starting point. Chill the fuck out dimwit who hurt you today?

Secret Chiefs 3 and Praxis maybe?

KEK YEAH BROTHA XDDDD XDXD ;V I'D RATHER LISTEN TO SLOWDIVE, MY BLOODY VALENTINE, DEATH GRIPS XD NOW THATS REAL EPIC TRUE MUSIC XDXD :V

ikr, it's the same with decals for me too.

he's never listened to any of these artists, he just thought the name was wacky

it sucks

you suck

nope. it's objectively shit and you can't prove me wrong.

you're objectively shit
you just proved it by going into a thread about a thing just to say you dislike the thing for no reason
objectively 0 value post

youtube.com/watch?v=Uozdq19g9xs

I've been meaning to try it. Glad to see their are actual patricians on this board.

lol the comments remind me of the comments on foodman's stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=XTPTyVYvzOM

For me? it’s Ape of Naples by post-industrial phenomenon Coil

Ok pleb, Black Antlers, A Thousand Lights in a Darkened Room and Time Machines are their best albums

I already heard their entire discography you shithead. I just don’t pretend to hate their most known work to look cool like you do.

coil only has one (cout em one) good album. it is music for getting fucked in the ass and aids on camera or w/e that movie is called

So you got pleb filtered by their other work, ok got it.
Why is it the only good Coil album?

>OMG AVANT-GARDE MUSIC

Attached: 1565540945893.jpg (640x730, 112K)

Ok now this is shitposting

>obscure music
>patrician

GET BACK TO RADIOHEAD, THIS IS NOT FOR YOU

My favorite part of Stockhausen's Licht
youtube.com/watch?v=aW_hmyEWq0M

what do you guys think of this?
i haven't listened to it yet but it seems really good just from the preview track

Attached: a4170477715_10.jpg (1200x1095, 346K)