String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>stringtensionpro.com/
Music theory:
>musictheory.net/lessons
Guitar Maintenance and other information:
>frudua.com/guitar_craftpedia_en.html
Why is my guitar buzzing?
>frets.com/FretsPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
>mega.nz/#F!KIoilagC!3KtnUYdTW53VsQu9QrJS_g

Attached: stephen-malkmus-groove-denied.jpg (1910x1273, 542K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-a3-_gbg7Ho
youtube.com/watch?v=uqMLoljINHo
youtube.com/watch?v=7T9uzDasXag
youtu.be/LjUZ0amX4EI
youtu.be/DXk--eL5-kQ
vocaroo.com/i/s0OEvxOER7Kb
youtu.be/6RKD00DelxA
youtube.com/watch?v=PJ0Ya_TnuDo
vocaroo.com/i/s0BD9OurjonP
vocaroo.com/i/s0ScpBbpHvMT
youtu.be/NwkF3-JmSeA
youtube.com/watch?v=mae5Ght8iBA
youtu.be/OdYmOZqmFvc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Four boutique peaveys being the definitive examples of tone

>peavey
bahahahahha

>have no first hand experience with high wattage amps
>I get my info from youtube videos with amps mic'd up to shures and the audio track mastered and compressed before getting uploaded to youtube

Classic /gg/

>you need a 1w amp to play at home or you'll go deaf

>peavey

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (228x224, 24K)

What's the best compressor pedal? Going to Sam Ash in an hour

>100W its overkill at home

Attached: empty-1.png (201x250, 8K)

a cheap used EHX/boss on ebay

Attached: olu2kj6ak6ten9jxazyg.jpg (400x400, 18K)

2x12 or 4x10 does this matter at all

>he knows more about gear than music theory and applying it

Why is this general so shit at playing.

Would a 2x4 up your ass matter?

2x12, less speakers to fail and generally a better sound cause 12" > 10"

1x12 is all you need. save your back and your money.

thank you my serious brother
eat dirt clown

It's not, there's plenty who can, they're just not stupid enough to poast it.

>he can't afford a Gibson, the only guitar which is good enough, because he spent all of his money on orchiectomy and vaginoplasty

Attached: laughingkokoro4.gif (1014x710, 1.62M)

she*

I really, really doubt that

what do you want us to take a pop quiz

fuck off loser i went to julliard

>all the cool trannies play ibeenhadz and Fender offsets

Attached: TrockVibralux1.jpg (600x500, 64K)

t.guy with hearing loss
Get one with a blend function which blends the original and compressed signal. It'll sound more natural that way.
Human gender is determined by chromosome, not choice.

Julliard is the weirdest major music school.

gender is unarguably a social construct

Don't most normal people just play into a computer or phone at home these days?
t.completely brainwashed by communist subversion

No, normal people go to a guitar store and buy the first thing that says marshall on it.

>Don't most normal people just play into a computer or phone at home these days?

Attached: poorfag.jpg (244x300, 12K)

>Don't even get me started

Attached: 20150926_073014[1].jpg (1500x2000, 959K)

communism is good. gender is made up. im bigger and stronger than you, and better at playing the guitar

>communism is good.
If you like starving to death.
>gender is made up.
Gender being made up is made up.
>im bigger and stronger than you
Possible. There's no evidence lifting makes you live longer, so my exercise focuses on cardio, which there is evidence for making you live longer.
>and better at playing the guitar
EXTREMELY unlikely.

I'm a 7 foot tall black man with a big swinging dick and more muscles than you have IQ points, and I like anime girls, fender guitars, and free market capitalism. I'm also a godlike shredder.

Fuck off, Tosin

Only a gibson is good en...wait what?

Attached: marty-solo.jpg (744x933, 81K)

More like Jewlliard, right?

>not going to the School of Hard Knocks, São Paulo, Brazil

you do cardio so you can run away from things that scare you. because youre a coward.
go lie under your weighted blanket and listen to calming river sounds you brilliant autistic diamond
i googled how many muscles a normal person has and its a high number so you said i have a high iq. in chinese checkers we call that a checkmate

Are there any truly great guitar players who started as adults?
Asking for a friend of course.

shill your amp...

Attached: IMG_0003.jpg (1536x2048, 619K)

Typical BC Rich/Ibanez owners.
>so you said i have a high iq
Logic fail. He could have more muscles than you have IQ points and your IQ could be zero.
Your typing looks like phoneposting typing so an IQ of 0 wouldn't be shocking.

Only a Gibson is good enough.

Attached: 8a5079b6422d1f7c3cd870d48a80a3f6.jpg (943x1334, 250K)

Holy jej.

Allan Holdsworth, didn't start til he was 19 and literally went out as the best one

Most people who say "i started when i was 15 bro" were aimlessly noodling until they were 20 and could barely use their pinky and probably still don't.

17 actually.

I started at exactly 15 and was probably the best guitar player in my county by 16. I've always used my pinky a lot, too.

this guy typed "Logic Fail." without any kind of irony

get out of here with this modus ponens horse shit buddy

Post vocaroo.

What country

Whatever, he said he didn't start taking it serious for the first like 5 years since he didn't even like the guitar. Even 17 is still older than some kid

youtube.com/watch?v=-a3-_gbg7Ho

Ronnie Earl started playing guitar in his 20s.

you can be good if you start late but you'll never be famous. there are lots of blues dads who can shred clean, fast pentatonic licks with perfect timing who started playing when their wives left them for christs sakes.

someone pushing 30 isn't going to drop their career to be a rock star, that's all. entertainment is a job you have to start young, you know, when you're still pretty for the camera, and easy to manipulate for the boss.

A lot of guys who are really good get cucked by the industry too. Just look at Vito Bratta, totally got fucked over despite being one of the greats

But most good players who started past 20 either already knew another instrument or played gutiar for a year or so in their teens and dropped it, and all the good ones had some good teachers.

Billy "Blues" Joe down the road and Steve Vai aren't exactly the same mentor.

Classic 30 is one of the best amps I've played, and I've played some pretty high end ones.

Keeley Compressor Plus

A good one of these is great (they vary from pedal to pedal) but only really does one thing

If it's a social construct and in the mind like the SJWs say, why do trannies have to mutilate themselves to look vaguely like the other sex?

Rwanda, what few other guitar players in the country were wiped out in the genocide six months after I started playing

Idles, as much as Yea Forums hates them, started when they all were around 25. Guys from Red Fang had some band in past, but were already pretty old when they got big. If you have the passion and sound that moves people, you can be star at any age. Just not large scale one, but really, the biggest recent guitar centered artist is DeMarco, so it's more of a industry thing than age thing.

I'm 26 and got my first guitar yesterday will I ever be able to quit my job and be a guitarist

Depends.

gender and sex arent the same thing
not all transgender people get sexual reassignment surgery

I haven't checked their auction. How much did they make?

Would you let a trans person suck your dick? It is a man's mouth, after all.

Also what strings do you use?

you need time, dedication, and talent

pick two
but you probably don't have any and will just play enter sandman for an hour a day

this has to be a fucking meme

>and THAT'S how I got into Julliard!

Attached: 16547826458.jpg (1200x630, 102K)

I have time and am dedicated, lacking talent tho but equally I've never touched a guitar before
Better than a flat no
Yes if they're clean

yes
and dont forget to
>DIP YOUR GUITAR IN OIL

Yes, but only if they're pre-op and cute.
D'addario 9s.

based user string selection. its a shame you cant get the t-shirt deal anymore. that was fucking great too

No, I only love my wife Kasumi.

Elixir nanoweb 12-52

Attached: qt314.jpg (890x1590, 165K)

say that to my fuckin face
youtube.com/watch?v=uqMLoljINHo

ALL GAIN
NO MIDS
METALZONE

>12s

Attached: 1565119556074s.jpg (250x249, 7K)

yes love is love

daddario 10-52

You need alot of willpower , a good teacher, and some talent but its not impossible

Does that sound like metalcore to you?

Not unless i cant tell its a tranny by looking
Elixir 9s

You can start playing in your 30s and even though it's too late to shred, you can still be a djent hero.

Attached: DJONT.jpg (1200x675, 137K)

JVM build quality is fine. Too many knobs is subjective -- it's what I wanted at the time, and now I want something simple (the Friedman). It's got a solid Marshall sound with a great attack that's better than anything since the JCM800, although the DSL is close. Plus it goes from crystal keen to please-stop-that's-just-too-much gain.

I got the Dirty Shirley Mini for £900, so definitely worth the money. Friedman make some incredible amps; I'm pretty sure the BE-100 is the sound most rock guitarists hear in their heads and are chasing. Listen to this demo: youtube.com/watch?v=7T9uzDasXag

Why would you want to. 99% of bands make peanuts compared to most real careers. Just think of how many random bands you've seen in your lifetime at random bars, at the airport, on the street, etc. they make barely enough money to make up the gas cost to get there when it's split.

You would need extreme luck or have a family member in the industry to expect to quit your job and live comfortably making money from guitar at your age.

Post your boards /gg/

Attached: _105745.jpg (4032x1960, 2.52M)

I dont own a single pedal

Take one of mine bro

>hearing Phil X when you close your eyes

That truly must be hell.

I play master of puppets for an hour a day and i'm still not able to play it correctly even at slow speed (i'm a casual guitarist)
How to progress, I want to be able to play death and black metal shit

Attached: stalin avatar.png (805x805, 410K)

i don't use pedals

Are you literally me?

Just do what I did, give up.

Attached: 1554333555917.png (343x300, 125K)

oi

I can't give up cause I have literally nothing else to do during holidays, except playing Lol but it's getting boring

Phil X doesn't have to play through your amp, user. Just say no.

>Can't play Blackbird
>Can't play Dust in the Wind
>Can play Tears in Heaven
Well, it's something.

Attached: buns.png (996x1800, 1.91M)

Dust in the Wind is easy as fuck.

>spend all of your time masturbating
>a durr why i suk

Fucking stupid combrain

cool thanks

Cali 76. Literally head and shoulders. Try one, you'll know.

All you need.

Attached: FV500H-volume-pedal.jpg (750x663, 43K)

A minimum wage job would you support better than 90% of musicians

Never saw Gary Moore wank so much
youtu.be/LjUZ0amX4EI
(ending solo after 3'20")

devil's... quads?

Good guitar solo youtu.be/DXk--eL5-kQ

sire v7 2nd gen or a squire jazz?

Tfw want to play but it will rust the strings and leave dirt on the guitar

Why even live

Attached: les paul.jpg (5312x2988, 2.83M)

Do you live in Brazil and have to work an entire day to afford a pack of strings?

no, only 4~5 hours.

>les paul
more like poop paul.

sounds better than your crap

>he doesn't own a Benedetto

Attached: bguitar.jpg (2823x1059, 447K)

born 2 shit
forced 2 wipe

>tfw can afford a new set of strings for every 6 minutes of work

More like Les Poop.

Attached: 1550112776186.jpg (899x592, 57K)

Not bad, I find that sound a little brighter than I like but can see the appeal. Really dig the sound of most of the Mesa amps more than this, but seems like the Friedman fills a good alternative to a lot of Marshalls

how bout u give me some

Les Poopy

how do i play 'out' without just sounding like i can't play

Sorry, too busy giving some to your mother.

You talking about the Friedman or the JVM?

To everyone who likes fender jaguars and stratocasters, what do you think of the jag strat?

Attached: 4uq8j5XoBf9Su55ym2U3ag.jpg (1200x675, 256K)

one of the top 5 most disgusting things i've ever seen

That looks ugly as fuck. I guess fender really can't make good guitars anymore, huh?

I think that if it's 24" it's a jag and if it's 25.5" it's a strat. I own both, and since I hardtail them both and don't use the middle pickup sounds, that's the only difference.

they did the meteora, which wasn't that bad

What is the best guitar body style?

I've got a strat but have a desire to try something else.

Attached: 20190809_231324.jpg (1074x1074, 293K)

The masses have pretty much voted on the strat as having the best body shape for an electric.

Attached: bird.jpg (1200x1200, 98K)

>oh yeah

Attached: Trainwreck+20.jpg (479x638, 71K)

They're just so fucking sexy. Kind of wish I wasn't selling mine.

vocaroo.com/i/s0OEvxOER7Kb

are you nigerian

No he's from Brazil. Don't listen to it

I'm from the countryside of Domincan republic

it sounded like nigerian highlife guitar, but like really bad.

post example

It's ok. It can't hurt you now

This is cool.

Attached: 3057d756ca87074.jpg (1600x1600, 351K)

lmao
>afroamerican music but without america
youtu.be/6RKD00DelxA

of good highlife guitar?

i doubt it yours it is made of chinese okoume aka mahogany imitation, mine it is made of khaya aka african mahogany.

yes

and why did that one sound bad

>yes
youtube.com/watch?v=PJ0Ya_TnuDo
>and why did that one sound bad
timing was off throughout and there were some weird note choices as well as some boring note choices

kaka african mahogany? mine is of asian kaka. do you prefer to sound like china or like africa?

Attached: greece-2500-years-ago-rome-2000-years-ago-china-1800-1523913.png (500x384, 97K)

das good music

timing was off but no weird note choices sorry

malkmus more like malkCRINGE lol fuck that guy

The Friedman in that video, well Marshall also they're fairly bright on average from my exp also

vocaroo.com/i/s0BD9OurjonP

you really need to play with a metronome dude

post african playing of yourself

That's pretty good for your first year of playing.

i'm at work right now

Put down the wheelbarrow and play us a tune

Just listened to Abbey Road for the first time, how do I get that sound?

Attached: cb7.png (900x1440, 816K)

Just listened to Master of Reality for the first time, how do I get that sound?

Attached: 1564706421126.png (508x553, 194K)

you gave it away

Is the timing better now?
vocaroo.com/i/s0ScpBbpHvMT

What are some cool guitarists that do the whole chord/melody thing like Hendrix?

Electric guitar can sometimes be kinda depressing because so much of the material requires a band to really sound great.

Attached: memri guitar.png (928x644, 795K)

t. billy

hendrix imitators.

desu find your own ways of filling up the sound with the electric when you're playing alone faggot

> desu find your own ways of filling up the sound with the electric when you're playing alone faggot

the only way i know how to do that is by imitating hendrix, so i'll just end up being another imitator

Attached: viper gay.jpg (600x600, 97K)

you see, they gave a guitar to africans and african guitar music sounds the same as latin guitar music.

You'll never sound exactly the same, which technically makes it your own sound.Youll pick up on what you like hearing or playing, and incorporate more of that into your work.

Every guitarist is imitating someone for the first 5 years of their career.

africans stole the blues from the scots-irish, the OG oppressed niggas

they steal everything

I want an explorer or st vincent so bad bros

Attached: 1565205611714.jpg (1280x1920, 466K)

Thinking of buying this ($500~ plus shipping) and turning it into a metal machine. Blackouts, shaved neck, chrome hardware.

Attached: i-img1200x1200-1560201451yjvwm1482715.jpg (1200x1200, 72K)

It's Leo Fenders birthday what have you done to celebrate the man that gave us the first mass produced electric guitar, the improved tremolo over the bigsby, the contoured body, music man, G&L, the P bass, and the j bass

Attached: 1112890_1410626123392_299_300.jpg (299x300, 15K)

I bought a Gibson Les Paul

I bought one for les paul's birthday last year

how do I quickly switch to/from Bm?

Ive practiced making the shape but it always takes me a full second or 2 to do it

Same, just bought one the other day

More practice

practice, practice, practice. there are no secrets to anything. everything is achieved via practice. the more you do it the better you will become.

Hey guys, I'm shopping for a fretless bass. Basically looking for something with a super low tone and minimal rattling or treble in general. I'm thinking a Schecter Session Stilleto 5 or a Warwick Streamer. Any input between these two, or other recommendations?

Attached: IMG_20190810_194437.jpg (1024x578, 148K)

Using a program like guitar rig or whatever, can I simulate pedal effects while playing?

I guess Im asking if its a cheap alternative to buying pedals if you arent planning on playing for anyone.

buy whatever no one will hear your low frequency notes anyways.

bass models don't really matter Iike guitar models do, they all kind of sound the same desu

It's more risky, because the digital guitar rig is prone to crashing or stuttering if you have it linked to a laptop.
>if you arent planning on playing for anyone
The right digital plugins can achieve affects pretty damn close, if not further than, most pedals. If you're just doing recording, most pedals aren't really all that necessary, except for maybe the ones that work more with distortion and overdrive, as analog manipulation of amp distortion has quite a few unique properties

I mean with enough compression and saturation they will. Also I'm producing my own music, sooooo...

>heres your new guitar bro

Attached: mud.jpg (1709x960, 194K)

I've got a fairly beastly desktop I'd like to put to use.

>89452689
>ESP

i meant yamaha

I doubt ill get an answer, but does anyone know what pedals were used on big black - atomizer
Specifically the song passing complexion

thanks, i love it

Attached: DeepPurple_KayosPR4.jpg (612x921, 247K)

albini uses weird shit
metal neck guitar, metal picks, green ringer, harmonic percolator

>try to get into jazz
>only jazz guitarist I like is wes montgomery
>only full jazz albums I like are by john coltrane

Who else should i check out for jazz guitar

Classic 30, Bandit, Windsor, 6505

Then just stick with that for now. Most pedals are overrated anyways IMO. Unless you're doing Battles-esque looping or literal drone metal, pedals are just accessories that make you look cooler when performing. Learning how to digitally program delays and tremelos is legitimately more impressive, and more unexplored, than your run-of-the-mill pedal pop or post-rock. Even Loveless is more exemplary in its unique production and mixing than pedals alone.

You aren't allowed to use real logic in /gg/, peavy is shit currently so they've never been good according to this thread

Thanks, i just found a 30 min video on youtube where he talks about his gear if anyone else cares

The thing I hate most about Europeans is how they mop floors.

thanks for linking it

Shut the fuck up, idiot.

Just try them both at Guitar Center. I have a Corvette and I love it and I've always hated Schechter but different strokes.

It’s ok.
It’s only Marty Friedman. Not somebody who matters

Still jealous of that Super Twin tho.
Always wanted one.

Attached: DD8CC343-9D1B-4E58-9A76-75E6EB8F315D.jpg (1624x2696, 988K)

Hey, dudes. I bought a synth pedal for my bass but it sounds like fucking shit. It's like it's getting overloaded and it can't distinguish between finger strokes so it's just one long buzz instead of 16th or even quarter notes, no matter the speed. The attack is almost like a second behind. It doesn't matter what bass I use. I bought thinking I would fucking just shred and it would sound like some futuristic keyboard and instead it sounds like a retarded child playing with a theremin.

Every fucking thing I do to adjust the settings doesn't appear to matter. It's like it has two modes: won't detect the input or is completely overloaded.

I guess what I'm asking for is a beginner's guide to a bass synth pedal. All I can find on YouTube, even for my model, is people testing them out without explaining anything else about their rig.

I think the Warwick is within driving distance, but the Schecter would have to be shipped in. Does GC let you ship models to local stores without committing to a purchase?

If you search his name on youtube its the first result but ill spoonfeed anyway
youtu.be/NwkF3-JmSeA
Headsup he talks about his studio and non guitar stuuf the majority of the video

>muh Brazilian monkey made guitar

>watch a video of Fender making strats in their California factory
>98% of the workers are mexican and speak like they're fotb

Why do people make such a big difference against MiM Fenders and regular Americans (non custom shop) if the same people make them like there's a huge QC difference? Only the hardware is slightly different and that's an easy fix.

I don't know offhand. I do know Musicians Friend and some other online retailers do have a no-hassle 30-day return, but you do have to buy it. If you don't like it, just send it back and get a refund. I've done that many times.

Out of curiosity, what's the model? You know, so I know what to avoid.

people dont normally take boats from mexico

No way in hell.
Dean Markley 11s

fotb, first gen immigrant, you know what I mean.

youtube.com/watch?v=mae5Ght8iBA

What are those chords at 1:24 and at 2:21? Most of the song is just powerchords but those chords sound really 80s to me.

t. could figure it out by reading the tab but too lazy

Eat shit and die, you fucking queer.

You mean the jazzmaster trem?

A decent wah pedal will change your life.

Strat trem, jazzmaster trem, mustang trem. Whichever one you like the must.

All 3 were better than the shitty bigsby.

It's not that the Mexicans in Mexico CAN'T make better guitars, it's just that the American-made guitars are held to higher standards of QC.

Strat trems are worse. A bigsby with a lubed nut and locking tuners, if set up right, works much better.

Well I hope you've at least given it a negative review on Amazon or something, in that case

I've never played one that I liked but I guess I just got unlucky who knows. They're owned by Fender too now though anyway.

How expirenced with the guitar should i be before getting into digital effect or pedals? And what should i start with?

Whenever you want there's no set level you have to reach, some people barely ever bother with effects and might just have a dirt pedal + wah their entire career depending on what they play.

Some pedals are just shit, most of the time price indicates quality (not counting vintage shit)

It’s the kakistocracy of guitars-the worst of all possible worlds.

just remember that pedals will not hide the fact that you are shit at guitar

If i like grunge and alternative sound, are there effects associated with that sound?
Stuff like early STP or flipper

doesn't really matter, just don't waste a lot on boutique shit

Literally just tube amp distortion knobs. Maybe an overdrive pedal for shits.

Never listened to them desu but looks like a boss vibrato, a noise suppressor, and i can't tell the red one. I guess most of his time comes from the amp

Attached: file.png (574x761, 1.26M)

I cant find the motivation to practice seriously, everyday i play some chords and scales and then fuck around and achive nothing for an hour, how do i surpass this bros?

adderall might help

you could get a rat

I have a blackstar id4v2,is it good enough? Im too new to know

What
Thanks for the time man , ill look into those

proco rat, mooer black secret if you want cheaper

A $200 modeling amp will never get you the exact sound you want from a band so don't really expect it. Honestly I would just hold off on buying pedals if that's your amp. It's better to just save up for something better instead of doing stuff like buying pedals or new pickups expecting it to change your tone dramatically.

I mean probably. Grunge is like the furthest removed thing from pedal-centric music. Literally just put stickers on your guitar and turn it up as load as it can go. That's all there is to it.

The double cutaway Les Paul.

Grant Green, Charlie Christian, Django Reinhardt. Jon Schofield.

So your saying i need a better amp to make use of pedals? I thought my amp was decent for a first amp but you make it sound like shit

its a good starter amp. you can get a couple pedals if you want theres no rules buddy just try stuff out

I dont want to relay on drugs every time i practice

It's not shit but you can save your money instead of buying pedals for it. I was in the same boat as you when I was a beginner I had a peavy vyper modeling amp and I wanted a nirvana tone so I bought a DS-2 and was underwhelmed with how little it mattered with that amp. The on board effects was more than enough.

When you get the pedal just save your receipt and if you don't like it take it straight back for a refund is your best bet.

/gg/ was nice today thanks for the pedal help everyone

Move the attack control way up.
Move the decay control way down
The thing most people don’t get about synths is they only track ONE note at a time. So play clean, work on your articulation and don’t do chords.

It might be a retard question but whats the difference between tube/modeling amps except for price?

modelling amps are digital, tube amps are analog

they use vacuum tubes like an old radio, modelling amps use computer chips and shit

Modeling amps are kind of like software built into an amp to emulate the sounds of multiple different amps and usually come with built in effects. Tube amps just get their tone straight from the tubes in the back of it, that's what you hear from most bands. Modeling technology has gotten much better in the past decade but it still has some time before it sounds exactly like the amps it attempts to sound like.

no one can tell the difference between a kemper and a real amp

Vintage Fender amp turned all the way up.
Univox Super Fuzz or clone
Alternatively, an Op-amp Big Muff.

The big muff sounds good, i saw a clone on ebay for 40$ , are clones okay or mostly shit? Sorry for all the tard questions

depends on the brand and the specific petal. for the most part theyre the exact same thing, sometimes theyll use cheaper parts. if the original pedal is complicated, its harder to clone

Modeling amps sound LIKE other famous amps. If they’re great models you sound great; if they’re not, you won’t. Most modeling amps have at least one or two good sounding models, but not all of them.
Tube amps ARE whatever they are, and what you get is what you’ve got. Most of the time, what you’ve got is at least pretty good and you as a player do the rest.

Probably be fine.
Big muffs are easy to clone, and the circuit does really well even when using some pretty cheap components.

Reminder that only a Fender is good enough.

Attached: 1453110166_tumblr_nmmvidGXfP1tmmyuro1_400.gif (281x180, 320K)

Reminder that G&L is better

use a better method not everything revolves around justinguitar.

Im not using him, i have a teacher that tells me what to practice and how, and i can see improvnent, but after an hour i cant get motivated to keep playing even if i have time and want to practice/play

have you considered not playing the guitar

Why would i? I enjoy it and improving im just a little autistic with my attention span

Break down your playing into like 30 minute chunks you don't have to play continuously.

>after an hour i cant get motivated to keep playing
Never gonna make it.

Who uses superfuzz other than Fu Manchu?

>all gain
>no mid
>fuzzy and crunchy

i have literally never had this much fun in the 5 years ive been playing guitar why the fuck did i waste so much time on shitty blues, rock, and country.

I need some metal song recs. Something relatively friendly for a beginner at shredding. Would love to do some two hand tapping too.

What do you want to be able to achieve on the guitar? It's easy to fuck around for fun and make minor improvements but if you have no clear goal on what you want to be able to do, you won't get far.

Megadeth - Devil's Island

A rare rotoscoping failure there.
Speaking of which...
youtu.be/OdYmOZqmFvc
Its mostly mimed although the slowed down and simplified version of the song suggests this is less mimed. How would you feel being sent out to play bass the wrong way round (she's right handed) in front of 35,000 people?

Attached: 9A5EFCB0-FE7B-4B46-B66A-080328F68D15.jpg (2996x2990, 2.5M)

Attached: IMG_4069.jpg (3898x2922, 2.5M)

Eventually id like to be in a band and write my own music

You just got home from work and want to play some guitar. What do you play? Do you have a routine?

Then that's what you should be practicing right now. Write your own stuff, even if it's shit, (and it will be). Song writing is a skill that needs practice like any other skill on the guitar. Don't worry about fucking around with random scales if it doesn't serve the music you want to write. Also talk to your guitar teacher about shifting your lesson focus to song writing instead of what you're doing now.

F
Also is fender the goto brand now?

Are you sure its a good idea? Ive only had a couple lessons and im a beginner pretty much (2 months daily)

They've been one of the most popular brands for the past 70 years so explain what you mean.

Trust me bro, start now and you wont regret it when you're actually good at it.

He meant for goto for shilling

>Easier to Maintain/Fix
>Tons of aftermarket parts/upgrade

You tell me user

Attached: 1349429635362.jpg (300x400, 31K)

It's probably just making fun of the constant gibson shill who uses yui pics so he just does the opposite with azusa since she plays fender.

is gibby bankrupt again? ;[

Would going from a Jazz Chorus to a Twin Reverb be much of an upgrade? Are tubes worth the price?

How do i get paid for being bassist? How good do i gotta be

if you havent played a tube before, theres nothing like it

my advice with everything is try it out in a shop, but cranking a tube amp is one of the great feelings of playing guitar

Attached: 20190624_130852.jpg (1586x980, 1.24M)

i meant it as in "is fender the reliable, won't fuck you over pick as of this moment".
It seems that way since goldschmidt shekelberg of Gib me son money constantly has problems with QC from what i've been reading online.
I like ovation's sound, but i keep seeing those tops busted.
Fender just seems like you can buy it and it just werks.

Attached: SupSon60BK-xlarge.jpg (1800x1307, 928K)

>It is a man's mouth
So a trans man? No, I'm not into guys
A trans woman though, yeah of course

basic D'addario 11s
In Drop C though, so pretty damn floppy

Pretty much yeah, they've been solid for the past decade with both the Fender line and Squier and have been improving each year. If you buy one it's not a roll of the dice like Gibson but the 2019 Gibsons have been stepping up in QC honestly so I guess we'll see if they keep it up.

I don't know man, I've never worked

that's the answer i was looking for thx.

>Dean Markley
Aren't these the shittiest strings ever?

GHS is the shittiest strings ever.

Anyone play 12 string?

Attached: 12 string.jpg (573x1000, 136K)

What are good strings?

Daddario and Daddario NYXL.

I've got some GHS that I'm burning through right now, just waiting for the day I use my last pack and can be rid of them forever.

Stringjoy

no I'm a bass player I'm too gay

Attached: face_female02_dead.jpg (128x128, 5K)

Buy a 12 string bass

Based.

Attached: 5f98444f91b52fe5babedc215999ed67.jpg (279x430, 32K)

Yes, but my drummer broke it

How? Did you kill him afterwards?

he knocked it off the stand while dicking around during practice
I should have killed him

This is why, if I ever have to take my guitar out of the house for more than lessons, I'm just buying a second guitar instead of putting $1000 of set neck flame maple bling anywhere near what would probably be some stoned guys who aren't really that good at playing.

That's why most gigging musicians use a cheaper guitar than their studio one.

This must be why Jack Pearson is always playing Squiers live.

no, not really. fender actively resists innovation and reserves the smallest improvements for their $1500 gutiars, while you could get even more "wow so future" (aka "wow les pauls had this 50 years ago") gimmicks by buying a used ESP/LTD, PRS SE, or ibanez.

guitars have gotten a lot better, less finicky, and with more ergonomic and tonal options. companies like fender don't even try to cover the whole gamut because they're still relying on a dying generation for a good chunk of their sales.

in other words, brand loyalty is fucking stupid. there's a lot more out there than there was in the 50s. go outside and play a whole bunch of guitars before you spend half a week's pay on one because /gg/ told you some bullshit rhetoric about how fender was the best brand ever because some 70 year olds played them.

But /gg/ will post anime smug anime and empty wallets at me if I don't buy boomer garbage.

Attached: empty-wallet-1.jpg (323x215, 28K)

the only good post in this thread

>fender doesn't change much
>if you buy a fender off the shelf, you know exactly what kind of guitar to expect
>if someone hasn't been into gear for a while, fender is still the same as it always was
>changes are made carefully and in a price range where people will research and try stuff out instead of going in blind

You can't act like running your business like this is a bad thing. Also, they bought Gretsch and Charvel so they make semi-hollows and superstrats.

The only brand you even mention that's actually been innovating anything is PRS. ESP guitars outside of the custom shop aren't even worth buying and Ibanez' only gimmick is a thin neck other than that they just make generic super strats or hollowbodies which fender has as well.

>PRS
>innovating
Look, we put a strat tremolo on a double cut les paul. with 24 frets! sometimes! Oh, yeah, and "toahne weoud". Comfy neck profiles. Not especially innovative. They're like the les paul version of a superstrat company.
>ESP custom shop
For 99% of customers this just means they switch colors, hardware, and figured tops around. For an ESP with custom specs, they're the way to go. But you could get the same quality from someone more local, like Kiesel, for less money. Just buy an E-II if you want their 3 piece neck thru gimmick and thin U profile. It's not much stronger than quartersawn maple anyways. ESP is basically a jackson copycat company with mass produced guitars that fall below jackson USA price points but are pretty close in quality and slightly different in ergonomics.
>Ibanez necks
They also have that 5 way switch thing, much thinner and lighter bodies, and comfier neck joints than charvel and fender.

I love you Tosin, please fuck my wife.

>They also have that 5 way switch thing
That's been standard in strats since the 70s why would you pick that out only for Ibanez.

>much thinner and lighter bodies
Already said that

>comfier neck joints than charvel and fender.
"comfy" is a buzzword that means nothing for build quality or innovation

>That's been standard in strats since the 70s why would you pick that out only for Ibanez.
No, fender HH strats are never wired like this.
>That's been standard in strats since the 70s why would you pick that out only for Ibanez.
Man, you're not getting what I'm saying. None of these motherfuckers innovate enough to call it innovations. But electric guitar developed a reputation for stagnation due to gibson and fender's combination of dominance and conservatism. In acoustic guitars when someone makes a guitar that's slightly different it isn't exactly news because there's an understanding that it is a mature instrument, and nobody freaks out over it ("not a real martin!")
>WOW YOUR FRETBOARD RADIUS IS 15"? SO CREATIVE
>just kidding, been there done that
They make very slight changes and it's a small wonder electric guitar took so long to have this many options when acoustic guitars have more options, even just staying within one brand, and have had more options for several fucking centuries.

And somehow we need like, a dozen brands to do this?

Attached: puswitch_51.png (750x558, 81K)

How do I play Cliff of dover bro....

Attached: 1490525220343.png (268x332, 123K)

Electric guitarists are just dumb about gear..

Acosutic guitarists git r done and just play their fucking guitars. No one bickers and compares minutia and then blows them out of proportion like electric players
>HOLD ON THAT'S NOT AUTHENTIC
>ALL YA NEED IS THIS 50S TELE, GOOD ENOUGH FOR JIMMY PAIGE GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU
>NO, NO, LES PAUL, MY FAVORITE ROCK STAR PLAYED A LES PAUL. IF YOU NEED MORE YOU HAVE NO TALENT. WHAT, DO YOU WRITE WITH AN "ERGONOMIC" PENCIL TOO?
>GAY! NOT ENOUGH FRETS!
>DOES YOUR TREMOLO LOCK?
>NO, THAT'S BAD, STOP USING FLOATING TREMOLOS THAT LOCK STRINGS DOWN
>EHX > BOSS FLAMEWAR GO
Shut up and play your guitar.

i have never seen acoustic players argue about soundhole shape

1. Kidnap Flea
2. Let the RHCP know you're available to tour, and as a bonus won't fill the tour bus with tofu farts.
3. ProfiTz!

Lindsey Buckingham saved so much time playing acoustic, he had time to beat Stevie.

i have never seen acoustic players argue period

>strat and les paul players in the same room
>"ahem, as played by legends like jeff beck"
>"only a gibson is good enough"
>"cumsuckers sound like mud"
>"was that a mosquito? oh wait, that was your bridge pickup."
>steel string dreadnought and spanish classical players in the same room
>"sup bro"
>"sup"

It happens a decent amount on acoustic forums, you've probably just only hung out where theres primarily electric players who maybe have one acoustic as a side guitar. People argue about the soundhole shape, the shape of the guitar, the bracers, the wood, etc. just like here. Its just how the internet is.

the only people playing acoustic guitars are homosexuals and the elderly

>Archtop chad walks in
>Drowns everyone out with his superior tone
>Did I mention it's a gibson?

agreed

Acoustic guitarists are more serious than electric players.

Using a guitar.

Been around music and actual bands for years. Never heard this, once. Ever.

>I bought a gimmick pedal and it sounds like shit
Yes?

None of this is real world talk, it's internet bedroom arguments

Sturgil Simpson started late and that guy is on a tv show now for Christ’s sake. You can start whenever you want

> They're like the les paul version of a superstrat company.
once they won the gibson lawsuit they returned to make les paul copies with a wraparound bridge

their keikaku is to remplace gibson.

Nice rig, suspicious filename.

Attached: 71KyS1lNrpL._SL1280_.jpg (1280x1100, 155K)

Stratocaster

NEW THREAD: NEW THREAD: NEW THREAD:

Get the explorer

you can get op amp big muffs for like 30 bucks on aliexpress that will get you the smashing pumpkins sound.

electric wizard uses a boss fz1 which is basically a univox super fuzz that sell for like 500 bucks or some shit now. I have a zvex octane 3 which is the same thing. it sounds like shit/rad.

stay away from 90s squiers

they're all made in the same chinese factory

oil them. they are the same things as every other brand.