I wish I could save him in some sort of time machine

I wish I could save him in some sort of time machine

Attached: 800E077B-2A3E-4A79-8389-AF8111FEE158.jpg (603x456, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists
youtube.com/watch?v=SCWRjWOowkc
youtube.com/watch?v=xnzrGr78Mws
youtube.com/watch?v=jRtybXgZMWM
youtube.com/watch?v=uHBXysWDQqU
youtube.com/watch?v=sezVApK9rTk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

rip. Only Beatle not to get proper justice.

But we have
Look up John Halliday

He’s alive still?

Good, fuck The Monkees

make an indie folk album about it please

The Monkees are the most underrated band in the history of music.

>outsold the stones and beatles in 67

I wish I could save them

Attached: spiderland slint.jpg (250x250, 7K)

I'm glad he's dead.

Attached: the chad faul.png (2518x1273, 220K)

No offense, but that's an assholish statement. And I LOVE The Monkees. But you wanna talk underrated? I got acts that were DA SHIT in their day and are specks of sand today. Largely due to their recording being owned by the wrong labels who don't give a fuck about the legacies of these artists, so they keep everything out of print. Who am I talking about? These:

Tommy James & The Shonells
Paul Revere & The Raiders
The Yardbirds
Jan & Dean
The Phil Spector stable of artists
The Four Seasons

Basically, Jan & Dean and Four Seasons were the only acts making hits in America in 1963 (pre-Beatles) and STILL MAKING HITS in 1966 (after the British Invasion). Jan & Dean's story even more impressive as in 1958, they were a simple doo-wop duo. By '63, they successfully transitioned to a mainstream rock act, thanks in large part to their association with Brian Wilson. Then, during Beatlemania, they continued to craft catchy, well-produced singles right up until Jan's tragic car crash in 1966 that more or less ended the act. Ask anybody today about them, and you'll get, "Who and who??"

Attached: jandean.jpg (1000x995, 193K)

Paul > Faul
Paul could keep up with John on Help!, Rubber Soul and Revolver. Faul let John shine too much.

>Yardbirds
Can't even find the original "Having A Rave Up!" on SLSK

My point was that The Monkees get shat on by "real music" fans on the regular, not that they were obscure or whatever.

Okay, in that regard, you are correct.
They were a case of an artificial group that morphed into a real, *actual* group in the space of about 9 or 10 months. Very talented guys.

Literally a lie. Nesmith was just trolling reporters.

The Monkees *may* have outsold The Beatles in 1967. In 1967 alone, The Monkees issued THREE albums -- all of them went to #1. One is 5x platinum, the other two are 2x platinum. Looking at singles, in 1967, The Monkees issued four records in that format. One did not chart. The other 3 went to #3, #2, and #1 respectively.

The Beatles topped the charts with 2 albums. Of their 3 singles, all 3 went to #1.

This link is most informative (and interactive):
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists

Attached: BTR.jpg (500x500, 86K)

I really shouldn't have done this

For me, it's Kurt Cobain.

Attached: kurt cobain 1994.jpg (1280x854, 95K)

>got into a crash and died in '66
user for a split second i thought there was some mandela effect shit going on and i got excited

I wish I could stop him from beating his wife in some sort of time machine

Attached: lennon.jpg (600x600, 53K)

Two be fair, Nesmith and Tork were already trained musicians, and I believe Dolenz had at least a basic understanding. Still, though, they released some fucking bangers for a manufactured pop group.

youtube.com/watch?v=SCWRjWOowkc
youtube.com/watch?v=xnzrGr78Mws
youtube.com/watch?v=jRtybXgZMWM
youtube.com/watch?v=uHBXysWDQqU
youtube.com/watch?v=sezVApK9rTk

why? faul is much better

done what?