Is he the true king of rock n' roll, Yea Forums?

Is he the true king of rock n' roll, Yea Forums?
How would music have changed if he lived?

Attached: buddy holly.jpg (1000x600, 170K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rof_h84yMUI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The day the music died...

If he hadn't died Weezer wouldn't be popular so rock would have been saved

based desu

i want to hear a buddy holly impersonator sing this desu

bump

why does no one care about the king of rock n' roll :(

Im crying

I feel like he would have been The Beatles before The Beatles. He was already pushing the boundaries of rock and roll, and had a great oeuvre- all at just 22. With his great musicianship he would have really experimented with his sound.
As for the King question, he’s the yin to Presley’s yang

do you think the beatles would've still gotten as big if buddy holly lived? would buddy holly have experimented with psychedelic rock during the 60's?

Honestly, even if he lived I don't think it would have changed much. Like all the other rock gods of the 50's, he would've pretty much vanished off the face of the earth when the Beatles arrived.

sad but quite possible. i'd like to think he would've kept his relevancy if he continued to experiment and push rock n' roll forward.

He wasn't as predictable as some of his contemporaries, but it seems unlikely that a nice young man from Texas like himself would do anything too crazy. That being said, it would've been sweet as hell if he's grown his hair out and joined the 13th Floor Elevators or something.

Most definitely. Don’t think Holly would have pioneered Merseybeat, so their new sound would be safe. Then there’s also the fact that they were a package deal unlike The Crickets. I don’t think he would have dabbled in Psych rock, but then again anything is possible

what would he have dabbled with in the '60's then, if not psychedelic rock?

because the king of rocknroll is elvis you stupid motherfucker not some weird nerd

Buddy Holly invented the guitar solo

Prove me wrong.

Probably proto-punk. There are already hints of that in some of his songs:

youtube.com/watch?v=rof_h84yMUI

The tempo and instrumentation is already set up for something like that.

holy shit i think you might be right
i can sorta hear the proto-punk a little in this

elvis was a performer and not as much of an artist
he didn't write any of his own songs
Buddy Holly is the true King

This post kinda made me realize something. ‘Peggy Sue’ gives me some slight Velvet Underground & Nico vibes actually, mainly with the random guitar solo that comes in.
You’re probably right with your proto-punk suggestion. That would’ve certainly had an interesting impact on music if proto-punk was in the mainstream during the 60’s.

bump Lol

I think he said he was fine with following the trends and if rock n roll died he would stop doing it, and he was already experimenting with psych with Slippin and slidin